Would you rather have: The powers of a Kryptonian or Saiyan???

• 119 results
Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Would you rather have: The powers of a Kryptonian or Saiyan??? (175 votes)

Kryptonian 55%
Saiyan 22%
Both 16%
I just want to see the results 6%
No Caption Provided

Kryptonian

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Saiyan

Rules:

• Which one would you rather be, A kryptonian or a Saiyan?
  • This is not a fight, It's simply a thread about which one would you prefer?
  • Which Alien side would you want t join if there was an outright war between the Kryptonians and The Saiyan's (Planet Krypton vs Planet Vegeta)
  • With your said abilities you are allowed to increase them if you so choose to
  • Location will be set depending on who you choose, Kryptonian will be placed in the DBZverse and Saiyan will be placed in the DCverse. It would be up to you on what path you would want to take (Via Join the Z fighters, JL, become a Villain ect)

The Saiyan Side: You will have all the basic abilities of Son Goku

Basic Abilities and gear

• Super Strength
  • Super Speed
  • High Durability/Invulnerability
  • Flight
  • Instant Transmission
  • Ki/Chi Manipulation (The solar flare, kamehameha, Cloning, Instant Transmission, Destructo Disc and Spirit Bomb)
  • Super Saiyan form (level 1 only, x50 multiplier)
  • Telekinesis
  • Ki Reading/tracking
  • The Power Pole

As well as your starting level of power will be set at Namek Saga Goku (in terms of physicals), You may be able to increase this said level but that is up to you.

The Kryptonian Side: You will have all the basic abilities of Superman

Basic Abilities and gear

• Super Strength
  • Super Speed
  • extremely high Invulnerability
  • Healing Factor
  • Flight
  • Heat Vision
  • Freeze Breathe/Super Breathe and Arctic Breathe
  • Super Hearing and senses
  • Telepathy and mind resistance
  • Solar powered (Through Yellow or Blue Sun)
  • Super Suit

Your base states will be set at New 52 and Post Crisis, You may be able to increase this said level but that is up to you

With both species, with there great strengths comes with there downsides/weaknesses. Also though you are given some abilities you yourself can create some of your own depending on how creative you are with your powers.

With this being said, I would like to hear your thoughts have fun, There are some ost's of these characters you may listen to.

• 
sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

kryptonians have an easier skillset to unlock, but Saiyans are only limited to their own mindset and training limit.

however, knowing the lazyass I am, I'll have to go with Kryptonians

Avatar image for dragonvegeta123
Dragonvegeta123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saiyan because I don't want to be a Mary stu who's afraid of a rock.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.

*Walks away like a both*

O__O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saiyans have to spend a lifetime training to achieve the powers kryptonians are born with.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Gotoucanario

Kryptonian, less pain required to get strong, you are good with sun alone.

More versatile abilities for real life uses.

Doesn't matter if you are caught unaware you are still as durable as any time.

Don't have to worry about ape rampage on full moons.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather have Goku's power set. You can power down and live a normal life with friends and family and wouldn't have physical intimate issues in bed.

Irredeemable the comic book series puts more perspective on how horrible it would be to be like a superman character and living a day to day life.

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Straja

Well people who commented above forgot or ignored power set if you choose to be saiyan...You got super saiyan transformation,teleportation,flight,ki control and some goku tehniques...Well on daily basis i would go with kryptonian dna simple becasue of longevity and high stats...But the most tempting skills here are teleportaion and sensing energy that saiyan race offers...example if i want to travel through universe all i have to do is sense the nearest planet with life and teleport there...since i got gokus abilities as stated i also got his senseing awareness which would solve alot of my problems...kryptonian space travel is abit slow comparing to instant teleport for example if nearest planet with life is 1000 light years away (asuming i am traveling with the speed of light) it will take my 1000 years to get there and also a gps signal or some sort of device to navigate through space...

for basic and peacful life on earth i have to go with kryptonians...But for space travel i am going with saiyans just because of instant teleport and sensing ability that goku offers...Also kaioken on top of a super saiyan would be dope :D

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian. Being able to fly from planet to planet at FTL speeds would be too fun. Having Goku's powers would enable you to potentially teleport to other worlds, but it's only possible if there is a strong enough Ki signature for you to lock on to, and considering Goku has trouble locating Bulma on the same planet from time to time, good luck with that...

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pros of a Kryptonian

• Can breathe in space
  • Durability isn't dependent on KI, so you won't be hurt by bullets or sniped by lasers
  • Get stronger under the yellow sun naturally
  • Technically don't need to eat or drink since you get the energy from the yellow sun as well
  • FTL travel in space or on planets
  • Faster reaction times
  • Microscopic vision and enhanced senses

Pros of a Saiyan

• Can change your hair color from getting beat up alot

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian without question.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian, longer lifespan main reason.

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well..... IN B4 THE LOCK

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

Kryptonian powers.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku, because of teleportation and TK

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Kryptonian.

That1dcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By That1dcfan

Seeing that current Goku is Multiversal and 4th dementional and would rape Superman (despite the fanboys) I'll have to go with saiyan if I get current powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian.

Goldenblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saiyan, I think it would be interesting to have blond spiky hair

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian better powers

Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Thesenate

Kryptonian. I wouldn't need to scream my head off to get a power boost.

Also I don't like the idea of being a filthy monkey

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheDeathstar

Saiyans, infinite potential and Zenkais

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing that current Goku is Multiversal and 4th dementional and would rape Superman (despite the fanboys) I'll have to go with saiyan if I get current powers.

I didn't know he swung that way.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

This has been done so many times.

Slim_Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian

LiTTlleJeiKKie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By LiTTlleJeiKKie

hard to chosse, but i would rather stick with the power of a saiyan. think you have naturally controll over your ki from birth. your skin is near indestractble by man made wepons, you are naturally extremely fast, and physically way strong with the ability to lern ki based attacks almost instantly. pan less than a year were able to blow up a space ship and fly from space to earth. geting stronger every time you get beat up, with almost limitless potencial. kryptonians also has most of the things but the ability to controll your energy is better than anything that kryptonians could do. and some times they even get stronger the angryer they are like vegeta fighting beerus.

with your energy, you can create blades, blasts, sense ki, shields and all of the saiyans can easily move in 10 times earth gravity. even child saiyans.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't feel like working out as much as Goku so im gonna chose the lazy path, Kryptonian...

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonians offer high stats from begining,decent power set and better senses (if you are under yellow star) while saiyans ofer good stats and infinite potencial to get stronger...Goku who was low class saiyan warrior was able to reach godly levels in 15-20 years only with his determination and hard work...

I would chose saiyan dna with legendary genes like broly and kale...my power,strenght,speed,durability will grow through training and battles but most importantly my personality will evolve together with fighting skill...Eventualy i will be the most powerful mortal humanoid in the universe...

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The most important abilities of saiyans aren't even inherent to the Saiyan race. Ki manipulation is something every living being can do and the most powerful abilities (Ultra instinct) can be achieved by anyone. Other abilities like The solar flare, kamehameha, Cloning, Instant Transmission, Destructo Disc and Spirit Bomb are learned techniques and simple things like Flight are things Kryptonians have while Saiyans have to learn with ki.

Choosing Kryptonians.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian easy, I'd like to be extremely durable without having to make sure my ki isn't too low.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Wolfrazer

Kryptonian, I think people look far too much at powers, hell to me I wouldn't really even care if I got powers or not because intellect wise I'd be the smartest person on the planet, technology that would be considered god-like, virtual immortality thanks to the kryptonian skinsuit, would never need to eat or drink, aging is nullified. Peak human physical condition thanks to the skinsuit also, could emitt laser blasts as well.

I mean sure flight, super strength and the like would be nice. But hell, just give me being a Kryptonian with Kryptonian technology and I'd still be happy either way. Kryptonian technology is very potent. I could get most of the powers just from the technology and vast intellect.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Kryptonians easily. They potentially have limitless power by staying in the sun. Kryptonite their weakness is extremely rare and the average person would not have it. Saiyan's powers are inconsistent as #^&@ and like some others said you NEED to train for you to even reach the level that Goku has. Kryptonians on the other hand don't. Plus Kryptonians are far more versatile in their abilities.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straja said:

Kryptonians offer high stats from begining,decent power set and better senses (if you are under yellow star) while saiyans ofer good stats and infinite potencial to get stronger...Goku who was low class saiyan warrior was able to reach godly levels in 15-20 years only with his determination and hard work...

I would chose saiyan dna with legendary genes like broly and kale...my power,strenght,speed,durability will grow through training and battles but most importantly my personality will evolve together with fighting skill...Eventualy i will be the most powerful mortal humanoid in the universe...

And training from a menagerie of gods and other supernatural guardians. And being put in a near death state for those delicious zenkais a few times.

Goku is not an average saiyan. He far, far surpassed the normal limitations of his species. Radditz or Nappa would be closer to what you could achieve without being the manga protagonist and receiving god training, getting almost killed repeatedly, or finding someone to build you a gravity chamber or time chamber to train in. For half the manga Vegeta only kept up with Goku because he got a ton of zenkai boosts, and honestly almost dying for a power boost isn't that appealing to me.

Instant Transmission is the big reason I'd pick saiyan, and that isn't even a saiyan technique. Goku just took it from Yardrat.

I think ultimately I'd go with Kryptonian just for the superhuman intelligence that comes with it. It's not a power writers showcase much with Superman, but imagine what you could achieve if you put a Kryptonian mind to actually focusing on scientific progress. You could revolutionize the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being a Saiyan automatically means I become stupid. Kryptonian all day

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Saiayan, so I could get wanked by CV DBZ fans :>

Jk, Kryptonian obviously

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, most of those things are not innate to the saiyan race. They're skills and abilities Goku's learned along the way . All you would get from being a saiyan is a small increases in states and a tail

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is not an average saiyan. He far, far surpassed the normal limitations of his species. Radditz or Nappa would be closer to what you could achieve without being the manga protagonist and receiving god training, getting almost killed repeatedly, or finding someone to build you a gravity chamber or time chamber to train in

AT explained this recently. Goku developed more S-cells from being on earth

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian all day long. You have everything cool there is. +aging much slower, no need for food. Could xray women, hear on extreme distances, heat vision is extremly cool thing to have. Flight, invunerable to pretty much anything on earth and even beyond, incredible speed in reaction flight etc. Sayans have good powers but not as cool. And their hair is just stupid.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonium.

I have no time for training.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SuperGoku17

Saiyan because i wouldnt be weak to a rock or need the sun.

I would have a insanely high powerlevel and faster than light combat speed and a variety of ki techniques

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Kryptonian... so I avoid the stupid hair.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kryptonian powers.

TheCount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: What if you don't get hair, like Nappa?

On topic. If you think you need so much power that you don't care about accidentally crushing someone if you get too excited, go kryptonian.

I think being bulletproof, super strong is good enough.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonians are better overall, especially compared to namek saga. But current goku's power would be better for fighting.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@thecount said:

@outside_85: What if you don't get hair, like Nappa?

Then I am still turning into a King Kong at full moons.