Would you rather have the powers of a Green Lantern or Flash ?

• 76 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you rather have the powers of a Green Lantern or Flash ? (109 votes)

Green Lantern 48%
Flash 52%

Really powerful versions of both (Kyle Rayner or Wally West in their peak)

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle's powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If you put Hal I definitely would have chosen him, but I'm not a huge fan of Kyle so ill go with Wally

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern, not a contest really.

And Hal recently showed that he can break Speed Force barrier as well, so the you have near Flash - level speed and standart versality of Lantern, in short if you have both speed and versality, while with Flash it is only speed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
deactivated-5a46927fc5463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash's by far. I'd get all my homework done.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Flash for the powers and also for the fact that I don't have to rely on some ring.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally.

I didn't know Green Lanterns had powers. I thought they had to rely on those weird blue folks, rings, lanterns, and bigger lanterns.

Slater8486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash and I wouldn't use my new found speed for good cause!

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@bladeoffury said:

This, I also doubt most people would even have the willpower to even use the GL ring, let alone be on Kyle's level.

TheLoneRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?

All the things you can do with GL powers.........

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, unless when you say Kyle Rayner "in his peak", you mean white lantern too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ring stomps. With the ring I can create almost anything, have great speed and explore the universe

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GL

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wally all day every daaaaaay.

Homework in a short period done.

Studying easily huehuehue

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash. You don't need willpower or have to worry about charging a ring with his powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury said:

This, I also doubt most people would even have the willpower to even use the GL ring, let alone be on Kyle's level.

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@watcher5000 said:
@bladeoffury said:

No Caption Provided

Says the guy who ends up burnt hamburger in like two seconds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, unless when you say Kyle Rayner "in his peak", you mean white lantern too.

No.

Too powerful.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@laughingbatman: @ithemanwithoutfeari: What feats does White Lantern Kyle have to prove he is superior to his Green version? I'm asking because I'm not reading his New 52 run.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern...eeeasssyy. Assuming I don't have to do a bunch of will power exercises and stuff in order to use the damn thing. Just the power. :) I'd be good...promise.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: ???? When did that happen?

Anyways Flash. No contest tbh. Super speed is the best power.

tj850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously The Flash.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughingbatman: @ithemanwithoutfeari: What feats does White Lantern Kyle have to prove he is superior to his Green version? I'm asking because I'm not reading his New 52 run.

I would just rather have the full spectrum vs green.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: ???? When did that happen?

Anyways Flash. No contest tbh. Super speed is the best power.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 28. It's the Fall of the Gods arc, and he approaches that speed trying to catch Lightray.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KrleAvenger

@theawesomeflashsandiego32: Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #28. However not only Hal wasn't able to tap into the Speed Force but he was at his absolute limit. It is not something he can do all day-every day. It's stil impressive showing, but it's not like you can move as fast as the Flash or even come close to him because of that feat alone.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@krleavenger said:

@theawesomeflashsandiego32: Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #28. However not only Hal wasn't able to tap into the Speed Force but he was at his absolute limit. It is not something he can do all day-every day. It's stil impressive showing, but it's not like you can move as fast as the Flash or even come close to him because of that feat alone.

Actually, Hal adapted and was flying at those speeds are rather easily as shown when he catched up to Lighray and Highfather it seemed as if Hal wasn't even straining that much in when he was with them, but anyways it was simply the main start which was the problem, since he was doing it first time and had to adapt, when he did he was flying and keeping at those speeds easily.

So in a way Hal can as of now easily attain those speeds, plus i doubt it is his absolute limit, when he catched up to Lightray (who is now a God of Speed suddenly.....) there was no real strain actually shown when he was with HF and LR, so i bet he could have gone faster if he strained even more, like he did prior to catch them and then simply adapt.

Wolderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolderman

Green Lantern. I can do abaolutely anything + nanosecond reaction time. I don't need speed like Flash's

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KrleAvenger

@lord_spectrum: It is still something he can do only when his willpower is at it's peak. And it doesn't mean he can react or move his body at that speed. He can only move his plane construct that fast. He never tapped into the speed force nor was he about to tap into the Speed Force. Ring used the word "possibility". I mean, why would I want to fly at MFTL speed in space with a plane? It doesn't mean I can think, move, react or do anything at those levels of speed. Just fly.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Mutant1230

Flash

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Flash travel through time, rob banks, phase get stuff done super fast plus I don't think I have that great of will power and there's really nothing a green lantern can do that I want to make constructs and crap for what? Not useful in our universe the only upside is traveling threw space but there's really no where I'd want to go in space as there's really nothing

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I am tempted to say Green Lantern, I don't like the requirement of having The Willpower to determine my power usage. Plus, I don't even like the color green. Lol.

I might side with The Flash because of Accelerated Thought Process. This can be used to process information at extremely fast speeds. Ex) Read books in seconds. Also, you can use your powers in a more discretely. If people saw you use GL powers, you would be forced to go public with your powers and probably end up being the CIA lap dog, if you're not already a lab rat.

However, the versatility of GL ring is quite vast. I would side with GL if I am able to have the will. I wouldn't mind just traveling through space and just sit on the moon, watching the Earth from afar.

Foremostproxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really know basically nothing about Ring Lore, huh?

Green Lantern Rings, assuming we automatically have the requisite Willpower, can:

1. Stop your aging

2. Remove your need for sleep or nourishment

3. Give you access to the largest database in the universe with smart-searching

4. Allow for MFTL interstellar flight

5. Telepathy

6. Time Dilation, not flash level, but more than enough to study or do home work.

7. Allow you to place arbitrary limits on yourself to prevent from going mad with power

Yosefscion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GL Ring because it comes with matter manipulation, fundamental forces manipulation (I wanna be like silver surfer or Okhwang :D ), ever helpful AI, universal translator and durable energy constructs.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Beast_mode999

Green Lantern... that way I'm not bound by Earth

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green lantern if I had my powers without having to serve the green lantern corps

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Flash.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellatedcolt: I agree with the "going public" part. You can hide your Flash powers. I'd keep my Flash powers a secret and be the new Usain Bolt, or highest paid wide receiver, or paid terrorist assassin lol.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger:

It is still something he can do only when his willpower is at it's peak.

Can't disagree with that, but unless there has some tragedy happened or some sort of mental attack his willpower is always at peak.

And it doesn't mean he can react or move his body at that speed.

He seemed to react to Lighray moving at those speeds just fine. Plus GLs are energy manipulators, i wouldn't be surprised if they could manipulate electrical energy impulses to artifically enhance their frameview or simple create a construct to do all that job.

He can only move his plane construct that fast.

Or just any construct or himself, it is just his will.

He never tapped into the speed force nor was he about to tap into the Speed Force.

Yep, because his power is not Speed Force, nor did i claim that he tapped SF, but his still broke the SF barrier, you don't need SF powers to do so, just being really fast is enough, simple as that.

Ring used the word "possibility".

Actually the possibility meant for Speed Force singularity ie black hole, it means that he not only broke Speed Force barrier but also was flying faster that he was warping the local space-time around him to the point it could have formed a black hole.

I mean, why would I want to fly at MFTL speed in space with a plane?

Or just fly at that speed, it was never stated that he is limited to construct, it is just his will, he can will himself or the construct to be that fast.

It doesn't mean I can think, move, react or do anything at those levels of speed. Just fly.

Well, he reacted to Lightray moving at those speeds just fine. Plus simply create a tiny construct inside your body, which accelerates your overall speed by pouring light energy into it, your power is literally limited only by your imagination and will, and given that ring is walking highly advanced quantum supercomputer you don't have to know the actual science behind it to create such construct, the ring would do the job for you, you simply have to will it hard enough.

Plus flying is better than running just lie there and fly for fun, as well as some perks i mentioned above.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: Why are you always quoting every single part of my post? It's unnecessary as well as tedious to reply to, especially when person you are debating for posts something longer. No offence but I don't have enough willpower (the irony tho) to reply to all of that. This is not a CaV so it's not necessary for me to do so. I'm not interested in this debate at all, but I'll still reply to some parts of it because I think that is fair enough. Feel free to reply back if you disagree. If I don't reply it just means I agreed to disagree.

Yep, because his power is not Speed Force, nor did i claim that he tapped SF, but his still broke the SF barrier, you don't need SF powers to do so, just being really fast is enough, simple as that.

No you don't have to be a Speedster to break the Speed Force barrier, but if you do break the Speed Force barrier you will tap into the Speed Force, unless you stop moving instantly like Max Mercury did, which will pretty much send you back to... anywhere you were before reaching that velocity (or in his case, travel forward through time).

Anyway, Hal never broke the Speed Force barrier. There were no signs of Hal disappearing nor was there any lightning. The only thing the ring said is "possible Speed Force singularity". "Possible". Hal was moving so fast, so he may actually reach the velocity necessary to break the Speed Force barrier. No statements or on panel evidence to prove he has actually done it nor is he capable of doing it.

No Caption Provided

After this, he just caught up with Lightray. He never broke the Speed Force barrier. Also I haven't seen him reacting to Lightray. He is just having his construct fly fast enough to keep up with him and then talk to him. That is not an impressive speed feat. If two planes fly next to one another and two people from those different planes talk to each other, it doesn't mean they are moving at the same speed as the planes do.

Actually the possibility meant for Speed Force singularity ie black hole, it means that he not only broke Speed Force barrier but also was flying faster that he was warping the local space-time around him to the point it could have formed a black hole.

Speed Force has nothing to do with Black Holes, and reaching the velocity necessary to break the Speed Force barrier and tap into it does not create black holes. Plus, nobody even mentioned black holes in this issue. So unless there is evidence to prove this, this is just your interpretation and opinion on this particular instance. Not a fact.

Or just fly at that speed, it was never stated that he is limited to construct, it is just his will, he can will himself or the construct to be that fast.

Green Lantern rings are not Cosmic Cubes or Infinity Gems. You can't just make something happen just because you want it. You need will, imagination and skill. So again, unless Hal actually shows the ability to move or react as fast as his plane construct can at top speed when his will is at it's limit, he can't do that. No evidence to prove he can. Creating a plane construct and making it fly extremely fast is completely different than turning yourself into a Speedster. Hal can't move his limbs, run or process information at same speed his plane construct can fly at. Does he have the potential to do it? Absolutely. The ring's power is pretty much unlimited. But it all comes down to user's ability to make something happen, and Hal never showed the ability to give himself some construct armor or even manipulate his energy to turn himself into a speedster. It's like saying that every single Green Lantern can fight at FTL speed just because they can fly at FTL speed. Making yourself travel at those speeds with the ring is not the same as having that level of combat and reaction time speed. Having the potential to do it is not the same as being capable of doing it.

Notch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd much rather have the speedforce, I don't have the willpower for the ring. Speedforce also.seema much more versatile.

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lantern

GodEmperor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gl ring. theoretically you can go as fast as your imagination allows, anyway

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: any reason why he can't change the plane into a small inch thick forcefield around his body and fly at those same speeds? Actually there was a seperate fight where Hal and Sinestro fight from the moon to mars in a few seconds so ftl speed and reaction is definitely implied.

That being the case I'm a huge Flash fan but I'm too impatient to have powers like his, Lantern has tons of applications and people don't realize he can also use the ring to teleport objects and phase. Add that to flight, strength, constructs and you have a pretty broken powerset. I'd go with his powers

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RabumAlal

I probably wouldn't be able to use the ring properly before someone killed me.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: Because force field is not the same thing as the plane. Force field protects you while plane's purpose is the fly, just like it did in that particular issue. Hal just uses his will power to increase it's speed, and the fact that it is a construct allows it to travel in space. It has nothing to do with Hal's raw speed. Yes, I'm aware of that feat. It's from Geoff Johns' Green Lantern: Rebirth #5. But that is both traveling speed feat AND reaction time/combat speed feat. You can see that because they were maneuvering around while travelling, fighting and dodging each other's attacks.

My point is, just because Hal has a plane that can come close to breaking the Speed Force barrier, something only Max Mercury level speedsters and above can do, doesn't mean Hal can fight or react at those levels of speed. Traveling speed is not the same thing as combat speed. Saying that Hal's speed is comparable to the Flash's because of the feat he preformed with his plane construct is like saying Thor can run, move, react and talk at FTL speed just because he can travel faster than light with Mjolnir. That was my point. Hal does have impressive combat speed showing, and his fight against Sinestro proves that, but he has no feats to prove he can break the Speed Force barrier or something close to that with raw speed alone.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming I'm in this world (super hero/power free other than me) Green Lantern, if I"m stuck in DC Universe, Flash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green lantern. I can get super rich. and most important of all

I CAN GET TO GO TO GANYMEDE!!

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points