Would you rather have the power to..

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you rather have the power to.. (17 votes)

Increase your density 76%
Decrease your density 24%

There is no in-between, you can either be at normal or maximum, or normal or minimum density.

Your ability affects your entire body and cannot be used only on chosen parts. This does not affect your internal physiological functions.

With increased density, you become durable enough to tank bullets and stuff up to small explosions, like grenades. You become extremely heavy, of course. Heavy enough that if you were dropped on a car, you'd bust through its roof and heavily damage the chassis underneath. Your strength is not augmented, however, so while your density is increased, you slow down to about 1/20th of your normal speed when really exerting yourself to move.

With decreased density, you become lighter than air. This allows you to float and basically "swim" up off the ground and around. You are, however, subject to the whim of the wind. You can "swim" up to against gentle breezes, but you do not have the power to fight against a moderate gust. Although your density is altered, you keep your shape, so you can phase through chain link fences, screen doors, barbed wire, etc., but you cannot squeeze yourself through a small crack in a wall. Small objects, of course, will just go through you, but solid objects that are about half your size or bigger will push you out of its way.

The effect is instant when you activate your ability, so to truly maximize this power, you can get creative with proper timing. For example, you can time your density decrease to ride the wind for faster travel, or time your density increase to take advantage of momentum and add more weight to your punches, kicks, or tackles.

• 
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Increased density seems better.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Increase

Wewlad80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wewlad80

You can easily just cheat with the increased Density power.

Just Swing your arm as fast as you normally can and then at the last moment before contact, Increase your density, Boom. Now you're a discount Onepunchman

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Increase.. maybe

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why would anyone want decreased lol

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stoneyalex: seems like I could recreate the same durability feats by avoiding contact or just nothing being able to hit me hard due to my low density. But that doesn't even matter for me it's about floating around being able to rest anywhere and of course trying to phase through stuff. I don't have the destructive capabilities of high density but why would I need that anyways

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@stoneyalex: It may not seem as flashy as increased density, but it gives some measure of "flight", intangibility, and a bit of super speed, which probably have more practical applications in the real world. How often would you really get the chance to have to punch or kick someone or something real hard?