Would you rather have 4 classical elements or 4 fundamental forces?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would you rather be:

A Master+ level user of the 4 classical elements (Earth, Fire, Wind Water)

OR

A novice-intermediate user of the 4 fundamental forces (Gravity, Strong Nuclear force, weak nuclear force, electromagnetism)

Which would you rather have?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Definitely the fundamental forces as long as it's enough knowledge to be able to control my powers reliably.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: would you rather be a watered down version of the avatar with no energy bending, or okhwang.

It's quite the easy pick.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@firestarlord73194: would you rather be a watered down version of the avatar with no energy bending, or okhwang.

It's quite the easy pick.

I have no idea who this is

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@firestarlord73194: King of gods from God of high school. Really solid fun character.

Just looked it up. We’re definitely not talking that level of power. I wouldn’t say he’s novice-intermediate with the fundamental forces and also looks like he has other powers stacked on to it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm not a physicist, so I probably wouldn't begin to know how to truly harness the fundamental forces. But I HAVE watched Avatar enough to know how to fire bend. Sometimes a more powerful option isn't always the best option.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3214154b388
deactivated-5f3214154b388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a silly question and it’s pretty dumb to ask whether someone wants one basic power or another that makes you a frickin god among gods

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baskinrobbins said:

What a silly question and it’s pretty dumb to ask whether someone wants one basic power or another that makes you a frickin god among gods

Pay attention to the OP, these are at different levels of expertise, you would be a novice with the four fundamental forces, not a “god among gods”. Silver surfer is a pretty strong user with that power and even he isn’t a god. With the levels of expertise we’re talking here you would be well beneath him. Neither of these are “one basic power” so I have no idea what you’re talking about

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic under these stipulations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: You’re so dumb. Basic gravity powers still wreck. Basic nuclear powers there’s no such thing, really for any of them

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: You’re so dumb. Basic gravity powers still wreck. Basic nuclear powers there’s no such thing, really for any of them

Not really. Just like with any power, there are many tiers of gravity manipulation. Characters like Alex Power or Gravity from Marvel cannot manipulate gravity to the same degree as someone like Graviton. You can’t expect them to do things like create black holes or dilate time with their gravity power, their powers are more scaled towards the novice range as they cant do much more than fly and make things heavy or light which depending on who they fight isn’t that effective. That’s the range we are considering in the OP

Similarly there are plenty of characters with varying degrees of nuclear manipulation. For instance the Ronnie Raymond iteration of Firestorm can only transmute inorganic matter while say someone like Dr Manhattan can manipulate molecules of anything, including living tissue on a large scale.

There are MANY examples across all sorts of media of characters with these abilities that have varying power levels. It’s not a “one size fits all” kind of power. There are weak versions of each power.

But of course with your vast superior intellect i’m sure you knew all of this already.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baskinrobbins said:

Not really. Just like with any power, there are many tiers of gravity manipulation. Characters like Alex Power or Gravity from Marvel cannot manipulate gravity to the same degree as someone like Graviton. You can’t expect them to do things like create black holes or dilate time with their gravity power, their powers are more scaled towards the novice range as they cant do much more than fly and make things heavy or light which depending on who they fight isn’t that effective. That’s the range we are considering in the OP

Similarly there are plenty of characters with varying degrees of nuclear manipulation. For instance the Ronnie Raymond iteration of Firestorm can only transmute inorganic matter while say someone like Dr Manhattan can manipulate molecules of anything, including living tissue on a large scale.

There are MANY examples across all sorts of media of characters with these abilities that have varying power levels. It’s not a “one size fits all” kind of power. There are weak versions of each power.

But of course with your vast superior intellect i’m sure you knew all of this already.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for sagathegoldsage
SagaTheGoldSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fundamental forces

Avatar image for the-finger-snap
The-Finger-Snap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you're asking if I rather be a god or Aang. Yeah I'm picking to be a god even if this was just mediocre gravity manipulation(unable to create black/white holes, bend time and space) I'd pick it .

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cocacolaman  Moderator

I wonder how many alts are in here

I pick the elements. If I have Master level control, I could control heat, metal, ice, the vapor around me, tears, sweat, blood, lava, the weather, explosions, natural disasters, and that’s just off the top of my head.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-finger-snap said:

So you're asking if I rather be a god or Aang. Yeah I'm picking to be a god even if this was just mediocre gravity manipulation(unable to create black/white holes, bend time and space) I'd pick it .

My idea for the classical elements is to be at a level beyond what Aang can do. It’s not bending first off so there is no movement required to use the abilities. Imagine every top tier elemental rolled into one, like Human Torch, Iceman, Storm (for wind) and Geo Force. These people can destroy the world with just one of their elemental powers. Aang is hardly at the top when it comes to elemental control

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elements. I can use them to mimic the fundamental forces.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rajjarsalt  Online

so accidentally vaporizing yourself vs bloodbending? yeah, this isn't a hard choice

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me the elemental powers.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Stormdriven

You can train yourself to have better control of the fundamental forces though. I’d choose that regardless: As awesome as being a classical elements manipulator would be, there’s more you can do with the fundamental forces.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can train yourself to have better control of the fundamental forces though. I’d choose that regardless: As awesome as being a classical elements manipulator would be, there’s more you can do with the fundamental forces.