Would you murder an innocent human being to acquire Supermans powers?

• 196 results
Aqualame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Would you murder an innocent human being to acquire Supermans powers? (146 votes)

Yes 44%
No 56%

It has to be someone you've never seen before, a randomer.

No Caption Provided

• 
ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:
@plotweapon16255 said:
@ad-arts said:
@motm said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Even if more then one life is at stake?

Anyone willing to kill an innocent person for Superman's powers shouldn't have Superman's powers.

If you can justify the killing of one innocent person, what stops you at one? What stops you from justifying the world would be better off without a whole group of people? Next thing you know you're Injustice Superman on some minority report shit, killing people before they commit crimes.

Anyone who doesn't value the humanity of one life doesn't value life at all. The idea of killing one to save many is so contradictory and antithetical logic as to not even make sense.

But more than anything, my honor prevents me from taking innocent lives, even if the potential for greater good is there. The potential for greater good is a traditional hall mark of super villains and dictators to justify there means.

You see the problem here?

Like you said, life has value and it's because it has value we can tell 2>1. Therfore everything higher than 2 is also higher than 1... Therfore multiple lives have more value than one. Even you...

There is two rooms, both on fire. There is one person inside room number one, two in room number two. You can only save people from one room, which one will that be if not the one with 2 people inside it? How do you explain it? Suddeny two lives have more value than one?

Loading Video...

Who would u save?

2 or 1

Since i am in no way related to either one of them. In this situation neither of them can save themselves... I would very likely save 2, although you do realize my question 2vs1 was just an example, right? Being Superman is no longer 2vs1, it potentially millions vs 1, and then it is really easy to pick.

I know it's an example, I am just trying know ur answer in that scenario.

It's simple. While i tend to value life of a child above life of an adult, its one child vs two adults. Combined they have theoretically more life left to live so i would pick them.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you do then you basically crossed the line, period. So much for “Superman” eh?

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: Can we really base this off Batman morality? Taking a single life does not mean you go nuts or something crazy like that. If killing a random person meant the saving of thousands of life's in a single week, that's permissible. By committing a one time murder, you can stop millions more from happening. Doesn't that seem even a bit reasonable?

Granted, using those powers for evil or fascistic desires is completely wrong and rightfully rejected.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

1. There is a greater good. And you know it, hence avoiding a very simple question... That we all know the answer to. Nothing is black or white.

2. If i could save millions, but one has to die... sure. I can live with that.

3. Depends on the version of Superman. MOS likely would. He already killed one to save couple more. Actually more than one...

Oh yeah it's not like Zod was going to kill the entire human race or anything, totally innocent guy.

No version of Superman would do that lol. The MoS version of Superman was so controversial because Superman traditionally doesn't kill at all, ever no matter the circumstance.

Superman wouldn't kill an innocent for his powers, I'm not killing an innocent for Superman's powers.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:
@ad-arts said:

1. There is a greater good. And you know it, hence avoiding a very simple question... That we all know the answer to. Nothing is black or white.

3. Depends on the version of Superman. MOS likely would. He already killed one to save couple more. Actually more than one...

Oh yeah it's not like Zod was going to kill the entire human race or anything, totally innocent guy.

No version of Superman would do that lol. The MoS version of Superman was so controversial because Superman traditionally doesn't kill at all, ever no matter the circumstance.

Superman wouldn't kill an innocent for his powers, I'm not killing an innocent for Superman's powers.

I wasn't talking about Zod.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By plotweapon16255

@motm said:
@ad-arts said:

No version of Superman would do that lol. The MoS version of Superman was so controversial because Superman traditionally doesn't kill at all, ever no matter the circumstance

Superman killed more then once especially live action version.

Smallville superman killing titan & almost killed lex.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Reeves superman killing zod & his followers, nuclear man.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stalin-is-steel: I am reading this for 10th time in one thread so really how are millions dying again?

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is something seriously wrong with this pole.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman killed more then once especially live action version.

Smallville superman killing titan & almost killed lex.

Reeves superman killing zod & his followers, nuclear man.

Oh I know, and I'm not saying that's a legitimate criticism because it's not, it's one of the most illegitimate criticisms about Man of Steel. But traditionally Superman does have a no kill rule in the comics, even stopping Wonder Woman from delivering a death blow to Mongul at one point.

No Caption Provided

None of those people he killed are innocent though. They were all villains who had bodies on their record.

I just have a hard time believing Superman would kill an innocent person for his powers. I do understand your logic though.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

faith in humanity dropping...

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Don't lie to yourself, MOST of us would probably do it in a heartbeat.

Imagine what people would do for a million dollar, now scale that up by millions more, there you have you answer.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say yes but at the moment id probably couldn't do it

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

faith in humanity dropping...

Faith in humanity reaching low altitudes at great speed! Velocity increasing to Mach two!

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, because I doubt I'd even use the powers for the greater good afterward. I don't have the mental fortitude to take the risk of throwing myself into situations that don't concern me and make the decision of what side to take. There are films and games that show the consequences of brash actions being taken.

I don't want that.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke512: The tons of disasters that you won't be stopping because you never took those powers. Again, a single, one time death is worth it if you can stop a thousand more from happening. That seems like a good pay off.

GateOfBabylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, because I doubt I'd even use the powers for the greater good afterward. I don't have the mental fortitude to take the risk of throwing myself into situations that don't concern me and make the decision of what side to take. There are films and games that show the consequences of brash actions being taken.

I don't want that.

Helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stalin-is-steel: Disasters as in natural disasters?I don't think superman can stop them all but yes he can stop most or save people.Remember that since we don't take powers we are to blame than if you fail to save any of them than it would be you to blame by people as well as by yourself.

But again there already are people who do the work of rescuing people from calamities like red cross societies. Why not just join them and save people now instead of waiting to kill an innocent and get superman's power and than save unknown millions who keep dying (still surprised by millions).How many people did you save until now that you are going to have the drive to save after you become superman?Also the random innocent you have to kill is family or close friend would you still be willing to save thousands by killing one person or would it not be a good pay off?

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Stalin-Is-Steel

@deathstroke512: Red Cross is great, but they can't stop these events from happening. They just respond to it and try to save as many people as they can. If you had those powers, you could stop bushfires, earthquakes, tsunami's, all sorts of deadly events would be prevented. Senseless murders all over the world by evil people and ruthless groups could be dealt with and the perpetrators would be given justice in a fair trial.

Granted, you can't save everyone, but you can still do the best you can. Besides, this random person could be a bad person themselves. They could have murdered others just because they felt like it. That doesn't make the act good, but a one time murder in return for the world being much safer? I'd be fine with that. People have done much worse.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

everybody here saying no would low key say yes

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From 42% to 45%. Who can stop the sociopaths? For those of you saying yes how about this, would you kill yourselves to let someone else have the powers?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake said:

@saberscar223: Cap's right (in the moral sense).

Cap was wrong in a moral and logical sense.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, not interested to be branded a Murderer.

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: Depends if they were going to use those powers for good or not. Apparently saving millions is sociopathic behaviour. Who knew?

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stalin-is-steel: being able to whole heartedly justify the murder of a completely innocent person so you can gain super powers seems like sociopath territory to me especially since we live in a world with NO alien invaders or crazy supervillians. If you lot are so noble give up your life for someone else to gain the power but I think if push came to shove most of you wouldn't.

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Stalin-Is-Steel

@kiba: Gonna have to correct you there. You said "completely innocent" when that's not the case. It's a random person. They could have done anything beforehand. A one time murder in return for a more peaceful world? Millions of people saved from natural disasters? Family's saved from vicious gangs of murderers, like ISIL and Hamas? Sure, there's no super villains, but evil is still around right now.

Bringing criminals to justice with powers means that there's less soldiers dying, less police, less innocent life, everyone is benefiting here. Killing is evil, no question. Those doing it for just powers only are immoral. But I'd do it so that the world could be so much peaceful in the long run.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dislike myself for saying so, but... I probably would. Wish it was my choice, so I can find some real a...ole and , you know...

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stalin-is-steel: see I kinda feel you're proving my point. Is there no line you can't justify crossing? No offense but maybe you should get checked by a professional.

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Stalin-Is-Steel

@kiba said:

@stalin-is-steel: see I kinda feel you're proving my point. Is there no line you can't justify crossing? No offense but maybe you should get checked by a professional.

Did you read the post? I stated that killing for almost all cases is wrong. How is that like having no lines to cross? If I had those powers, I wouldn't kill with them. Justice can be done in court, not on the streets.

Resorting to personal attacks and illogical strawmen proves you barely have a leg to stand on. I gave tons of reasonable ideas on why I would do it, you've given me assumptions. Let's be civil and not resort to throwing insults like cavemen.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stalin-is-steel: see you're still proving my point, I don't agree with you so I must be wrong, I must not understand, I must be the villain trying to stop you from saving the world? I'm honestly not trying to insult you but hypothetically if you did gain powers by killing someone I'd pray everyday those powers would be taken from you or that you'd be killed. No parades in your honor, no kids dressing like you at Halloween and no video games based on you because in my eyes and hopefully many others, you wouldn't be the worlds only superhero, you'd be the worlds only supervillian.

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: I never said you were wrong in any regard. You can't be "wrong" when it comes to morals because it's a objective truth, everyone believes in different types of it. I also never called you a "villain" so this is just more illogical strawmanning on your part.

I'm a supervillian because I want to save millions of people from natural disasters and terrorist groups and keep tons people in the front line safe so they can go back to their families. Got it. I see that you still haven't addressed any of my previous points, so I invite you to do so. If you are going to rebuff me, please argue against the points I actually made, not these made up ones.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stalin-is-steel: no it isn't illogical strawmaning, I'm trying to make a valied point, one you just agreed with, that not everyone will agree with you. So given that stop evading and tell me what you would do when, not if, the world wants you to stop? You've already justified one murder. "They could have done anything beforehand" you've said. So what happens when those "tons of reasonable ideas" fall on deaf ears? Or those soldiers on front lines point their guns at you? Will you listen then or will you keep doing what you're doing? See you've assumed that you'd be able to make the world safer, you assumed the people would let you but they wouldn't.

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: So soldiers want me to stop saving them from terrorist groups who'd blow them up and happily torture them, and people refuse my help when a bushfire or a flooding happens, and there are people trapped in places that normal people can't access in time?

Cool. If they asked me to stop, I would. I'd just go to a another place where they want me around. I'm pretty sure the woman getting attacked by a mugger with a knife is really not going to be mad when I help her, or the person trapped in the sea, drowning, is going to reject my help. The world therefore becomes safer because I'm always there if they need me.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: You'll have to present a decent argument for why his decision was morally wrong. Tactically and logically, it was a gamble. You gain more if you win, but losing means losing more.

Punisher_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did a sociopath make this thread?

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punisher_: Oh god, this bloody argument again. Please see above for why that's not the case.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punisher_: don't listen to sociopath logic, nothing good will come of it.

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: Dude, I've already debunked every argument you made here. All you've done is call dudes names and referred to the mystical strawman for guidance.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

To everyone who said yes, I hope the person you killed comes back as you're archnemesis

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By strangetales

If the powers allow me to never be put in jail for the crime if I am ever caught I may consider it

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stalin-is-steel: you've done nothing but make excuses to justify your own disconnect from society's values. The more you dig your heels in over this nonsense only makes me more convinced you should at least get checked out by a professional.

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: That's not really an argument. There's no excuse making here, I'm just considering the benefits of both choices. Judging by your comment, I'm pretty sure you'd not do anything in the train situation, Correct?

Yes, my nonsense plan to kill one dude, and save millions of people, including soldiers and people trapped under rubble from dying in horrific situations. That just makes no sense, I mean, it's not like deaths happen every day because of war, famine, murderers, right? Why do something about it?

Personal jabs don't equal anything if you know nothing about the person. I've not said anything about you as a individual, I'd prefer if don't do that to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba513314c41c
deactivated-5ba513314c41c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as long as the people murdering someone innocent are honest about becoming villains, no matter how many people you saved you obtained the power with selfish intention (your own satisfaction of saving people) and you will never be a hero or good guy.

but why put the onus on yourself? why not talk to the innocent guy about the circumstances. if he knows that his death could bring about saving the lives of many others, but his death has to be at the hands of another, then he must decide how much his life is worth - not you. at the very least get consent and make it assisted suicide. but anything else is straight up murder and i question why there are so many worse-than-criminal people on CV. most criminals are criminals because of circumstance - mental health or poverty - people voting yes are straight up evil.

I would vote no because even if I wanted to kill the guy I dont deserve the power/it would probably corrupt me.

JuJuCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By JuJuCrunk

@avenging_x_bolt: "everyone who said yes, I hope the person you killed comes back as you're archnemesis"

THIS IS SUCH A DOPE STORY!! Guy gets his superpowers through murdering someone. Spend his life racked with guilt trying to make up for it by doing good deeds. The guy he killed comes back corrupted as his angry arch nemesis. The moral conflict and psychological elements would wright itself.

Someone needs to write this fanfic now!!

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t6: Thank god, someone actually looks at the bigger picture and analyses the pros and cons here. I'm not evil through. That's a bit of a blanket statement to make and illogical by nature. I'd kill the dude as humanely as possible. I also don't have a selfish intention to save people (this argument was brought up in Justice League: Act Of God, and makes no sense, if only to please people who love pop psychology)

Do I care about being evil? Suppose you'd have to call the US government evil then, because they kill tons with their foreign policy in regards to bombing weddings (this happened)

One for a million and potentially more. That sounds like a good trade off to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d
deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m disappointed with how many of my fellow viners are not willing to shed blood for power.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7
deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would kill an adult but in a humane way. Just knock them out and shoot them in the head.