Would you murder an innocent human being to acquire Supermans powers?

• 196 results
Aqualame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Would you murder an innocent human being to acquire Supermans powers? (146 votes)

Yes 44%
No 56%

It has to be someone you've never seen before, a randomer.

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for straightshooter
StraightShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

42% of you shouldn't be allowed to have those powers. No one needs a sociopath with any powers much less Clarks.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, if it's absolutely necessary

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I got to choose the person yes

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straightshooter: well I cut short at the last part because I don't want to rambling. But the long version is: after you justify that you kill the innocent man and the terrorist for the greater good, you started killing more and more. Human trafficking: recuse hostage and laser eye the car and let them die in explosion. Cartel and gang war: storm the base, kill the boss, threaten all the other. Terrorist: destroy their base and laser eye all of them. But conflict, civil war won't stop. What will you do then? Kidnap Trump, Putin and other leaders and make them sign treaty? Well that's how Injustice start right?

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By tethadam
Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mortein:

First of all, I would become a multi trillionaire within few days.

Money does not matter to me, the fact how that's the first thing you say is a little worrisome.

Easiest and the fastest way to do so seems to be to go to space, and bring on earth asteroids rich in rare metals and minerals which would be worth trillions of dollars.

I'm not big on that stuff, so maybe an astronomist would be excited, but bringing rocks from space seems pointless.

Then I could use this money to pay for food, medicines and water, being delivered to those in need. And with my speed and strength, I would be doing some deliveries on my own.

That won't stop anything but yeah continue.

Any invading army would be stopped immediately, and while civil wars would be more tricky, I could still help a lot, and make sure no is committing war crimes on massive scales.

This actually is bad, you would be the one that would stop armies, a man to fear. A person to rise up and rebel against.

Also, lmao @ stopping war crimes.

Is all of this worth, possibly killing a child, and even if you do these things, they won't come out happy and all.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the people in this thread serious?

Killing to save thousands. That's what you're doing. It's the same as killing someone to get a million dollars that you can donate to every charity you can. It's still wrong.

Honestly, if I found a person who could give a person Superman's powers via the death of them, I would ask that man how he feels about it, and if they are okay with dying, I'll bring them out to the military and have a soldier get the powers. I won't kill. Not for any amount of money or power. Unless I was completely incapable of doing anything else or it was an accident, I won't.

Bag_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes i would murder superman to acquire normal human powers

wait..

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No lol

If your goal was to be a Superhero (if that's the case) then this isn't the origin story you'd want. And if people found out, the world probably wouldn't react well.

Plus the innocent person could be a mother, father, sister, or brother that means a lot to someone else. Could even be a baby

And lets not even think about the trauma and mindset you'd probably go through after killing, especially if you gain powers immediately afterwards, which can even make your mindset for fame and riches even worse from there

At least for me, I know that I wouldn't be responsible or in my right mind after killing an innocent person

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah why not, I would probably save way more than 1 person either way with powers like that.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

I would.

With these powers I could save billions.

Society would become far more prosperous.

Almost over night there would be no more energy crisis, far less pollution, far less wars.

I could throw all the garbage into the sun.

I could build human colonies on other planets and moons, and make sure humanity becomes a multi-planet species, thus ensuring it's survival.

I could explore the entire galaxy, who knows what kind of advances would that bring.

I would have enough resources to fund whichever scientific endeavour I would like.

I could go to space and bring back asteroids like this one : https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2017/01/18/nasa-planning-mission-asteroid-worth-10000-quadrillion/96709250/

I would not kill a person to save 2 others or even 10, but billions, damn sure I would.

Exactly. Not to mention the power to stop the Syrian conflict, wars and rapes in Congo, cartels killing people left and right in Mexico, and so much more.

If killing that one person gives me the power to do what useless politicians, law enforcement, the military and government officials can't do, I would do it without hesitation.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

42% of you shouldn't be allowed to have those powers. No one needs a sociopath with any powers much less Clarks.

google sociopath

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By uugieboogie

Without hesitation

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the people in this thread serious?

Killing to save thousands. That's what you're doing. It's the same as killing someone to get a million dollars that you can donate to every charity you can. It's still wrong.

Honestly, if I found a person who could give a person Superman's powers via the death of them, I would ask that man how he feels about it, and if they are okay with dying, I'll bring them out to the military and have a soldier get the powers. I won't kill. Not for any amount of money or power. Unless I was completely incapable of doing anything else or it was an accident, I won't.

Since when is donating money and saving lives, literally, the same?

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

My honor prevents me from killing innocents.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: if you kill to donate money to help Breast Cancer, it doesn't change the fact that you killed.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ad-arts

@drpepperman said:

@ad-arts: if you kill to donate money to help Breast Cancer, it doesn't change the fact that you killed.

It still cannot be compared to actually saving lives.

Here is the thing. Lets say you are offered the powers, you, nobody else but you must kill. Lets also say that with powers you would be helping people... because why not. Therfore by rejecting this offer, you are killing more than one person, because with the powers you could have saved thousands/ millions of lives, that you normally cannot.

So... their deaths are on you. Yes, one lucky guy lives, the rest dies.

Try living with that, if you cannot live with just one guy dying.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

No.

My honor prevents me from killing innocents.

Even if more then one life is at stake?

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By ad-arts

Everyone saying no look at it wrong, very wrong. The logical answer is yes.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: by this logic, anyone who refuses to be a police officer, stop a fight between people they know nothing about, or own a weapon are all responsible for the deaths of people. And if I alone can get the powers by killing him, I still wouldn't kill him. Or let me rephrase, MURDER him. I have to think about killing him to gain powers, decide to do it, and then do it. That's just a no.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ad-arts

@drpepperman said:

@ad-arts: by this logic, anyone who refuses to be a police officer, stop a fight between people they know nothing about, or own a weapon are all responsible for the deaths of people. And if I alone can get the powers by killing him, I still wouldn't kill him. Or let me rephrase, MURDER him. I have to think about killing him to gain powers, decide to do it, and then do it. That's just a no.

No, this is not the same logic. Police officers are replacable, superman is not.

Here is a senario. An asteroid gonna hit soon, half of the population will die unless you kill one and save them all. I guess... half of them will have to die, right?

I will give you something easier. Your family will die unless you kill one, or if you are a parent, your childrens will die... Still no? No parent would or at least should hesitate. So... yeah, tricky question that is.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: 1. If an asteroid is about to endanger the whole species, then that's a completely different case. Thing is, I don't know what is going to happen IRL. Realistically, the media and government and who else knows what would want me to do this or that or any other number of things, and then EVERYTHING that happens that goes wrong is my fault now and no one elses since "SUPERMAN DIDN'T STOP IT!"

2. If I'm protecting my family, then that's self defense. Nothing I can do about that. If in murdering somebody for power, that's something I can prevent. I would be incapable of preventing accidents across the world, but even if I did kill this guy I still can't go around the world and give up the rest of my whole life to try and save everyone I can.

And then what happens if I get extremely stressed out? Or let loose a bit too much in a war? That's global catastrophe.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:
@kiba said:

google sociopath

so·ci·o·pathˈsōsēōˌpaTH/nounnoun: sociopath; plural noun: sociopaths

1. a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

and?

TonyMartial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:
@ad-arts said:
@kiba said:

google sociopath

1. a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

and?

Therfore you do not need to be a socipath in order to kill innocent.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone willing to kill an innocent person for Superman's powers shouldn't have Superman's powers.

If you can justify the killing of one innocent person, what stops you at one? What stops you from justifying the world would be better off without a whole group of people? Next thing you know you're Injustice Superman on some minority report shit, killing people before they commit crimes.

Anyone who doesn't value the humanity of one life doesn't value life at all. The idea of killing one to save many is so contradictory and antithetical logic as to not even make sense.

But more than anything, my honor prevents me from taking innocent lives, even if the potential for greater good is there. The potential for greater good is a traditional hall mark of super villains and dictators to justify there means.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyMartial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

That's hardly graphic. Looks like he is having fun.

@tonymartial said:

You're not aloud to post graphic clips on this website.

@jashro44

Its a person getting run over. This is the type of crap you see in the reddit watch people die forum.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Full stop.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ad-arts

@motm said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Anyone willing to kill an innocent person for Superman's powers shouldn't have Superman's powers.

If you can justify the killing of one innocent person, what stops you at one? What stops you from justifying the world would be better off without a whole group of people? Next thing you know you're Injustice Superman on some minority report shit, killing people before they commit crimes.

Anyone who doesn't value the humanity of one life doesn't value life at all. The idea of killing one to save many is so contradictory and antithetical logic as to not even make sense.

But more than anything, my honor prevents me from taking innocent lives, even if the potential for greater good is there. The potential for greater good is a traditional hall mark of super villains and dictators to justify there means.

You see the problem here?

Like you said, life has value and it's because it has value we can tell 2>1. Therfore everything higher than 2 is also higher than 1... Therfore multiple lives have more value than one. Even you...

There is two rooms, both on fire. There is one person inside room number one, two in room number two. You can only save people from one room, which one will that be if not the one with 2 people inside it? How do you explain it? Suddeny two lives have more value than one?

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By plotweapon16255

@motm said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Again understand my question

Would u save more then 2 innocent person which u could save only by Superman's power by killing only one innocent person

Or let more then 2 innocent die by not killing only 1 innocent?

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah... i was not talking about a person getting run over, because this is not graphic since you can't see details. Graphic is the other gif and it does loook like he is having fun.

@ad-arts said:

That's hardly graphic. Looks like he is having fun.

@tonymartial said:

You're not aloud to post graphic clips on this website.

@jashro44

Its a person getting run over. This is the type of crap you see in the reddit watch people die forum.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:
@kiba said:
@ad-arts said:
@kiba said:

google sociopath

and?

No Caption Provided

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you consider this a waste of time, you are the cause not me. Just because i have quoted you, does not mean you have to respond, does it.

@kiba said:
@ad-arts said:
@kiba said:
@ad-arts said:
@kiba said:

google sociopath

and?

No Caption Provided

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts: well done!

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

Like you said, life has value and it's because it has value we can tell 2>1. Therfore everything higher than 2 is also higher than 1... Therfore multiple lives have more value than one. Even you...

There is two rooms, both on fire. There is one person inside room number one, two in room number two. You can only save people from one room, which one will that be if not the one with 2 people inside it? How do you explain it? Suddeny two lives have more value than one?

Terrible logic. What if that one life was my mother, or someone else close to me? Then that life would mean a lot more to me than multiple others would it not? Therein lies the dilemma. Life does not have an inherent value, it's only valuable to the particular person it's concerned with.

Would u save more then 2 innocent person which u could save only by Superman's power by killing only one innocent person

I understood your question and answered it. I would not kill an innocent person for the potential of Superman's powers, period. The means justifying the ends logic has resulted in the greatest atrocities of human history. And from my own personal standpoint, my honor would prevent me from killing an innocent person.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ad-arts

@motm said:
@ad-arts said:

Terrible logic. What if that one life was my mother, or someone else close to me? Then that life would mean a lot more to me than multiple others would it not? Therein lies the dilemma. Life does not have an inherent value, it's only valuable to the particular person it's concerned with.

Its not terrible logic, i thought it's clear we are talking random people not family/close ones. With family and / or close ones different rules apply. Should be pretty clear family/close ones above all else.

And you did not answer my question... Not like i need an answer anyway. It's clear you will go for room with more people in it, who wouldn't. Therfore 2>1 and... killing one to save more is logical.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By MoTM

@ad-arts: Again, context matters. Are those two people able bodied young men, or old women? Is there already someone helping someone in the other room and that's why he's there, or are they both stuck? The circumstances mean a lot.

For the purpose of your question, I assume you're saying it's random people and neither room is escapable unless I intervene. If I'm being perfectly honest I would probably save myself. Again, you're attempting to treat life like a math equation when it's not, and you're question is irrelevant anyways. Anyone who would kill someone for Superman's powers is a power hungry pyscho who shouldn't have Superman's powers, no matter their thin justification.

KidChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not worth having that on my conscience.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By ad-arts

@motm:

For the purpose of your question, I assume you're saying it's random people and neither room is escapable unless I intervene. If I'm being perfectly honest I would probably save myself.

That's not answering my question... never mind. But yeah, gj killing all 3 ;)

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

@plotweapon16255 said:

I understood your question

No,u didn't.

and answered it.

u took a choice that let more innocent death.

I would not kill an innocent person for the potential of Superman's powers, period.

That wasn't the question I asked it's not even about superman

"Even if more then one life is at stake?"

it was about whether u can kill 1 to save the rest!

The means justifying the ends logic has resulted in the greatest atrocities of human history.

No, it's about how many life has to die.

And from my own personal standpoint, my honor would prevent me from killing an innocent person.

Ur honor let more then one innocent civilians die.

U choose not have blood on ur hands at a cost of many lives.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:
@motm said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Loading Video...

Who would u save?

2 or 1

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:
@motm said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Loading Video...

Who would u save?

2 or 1

Since i am in no way related to either one of them. In this situation neither of them can save themselves... I would very likely save 2, although you do realize my question 2vs1 was just an example, right? Being Superman is no longer 2vs1, it potentially millions vs 1, and then it is really easy to pick.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

I understood your question

No,u didn't.

and answered it.

u took a choice that let more innocent death.

I would not kill an innocent person for the potential of Superman's powers, period.

That wasn't the question I asked it's not even about superman

"Even if more then one life is at stake?"

it was about whether u can kill 1 to save the rest!

The means justifying the ends logic has resulted in the greatest atrocities of human history.

No, it's about how many life has to die.

And from my own personal standpoint, my honor would prevent me from killing an innocent person.

Ur honor let more then one innocent civilians die.

U choose not have blood on ur hands at a cost of many lives.

Indeed. It seems easier to just let people die... even if millions... hands still clean.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: @ad-arts: You're still not understanding my point and bringing up straw mans and irrelevant questions. I already answered this and it depends entirely on the situation and circumstances. If it was a dangerous situation that I could very well die, I would probably save myself. If it was not as serious as a situation, I would help all three. You're asking a very specific question in attempt to quantify life and confirm the greater good logic.

The topic of this thread is would you kill an innocent human being for Superman's powers. Anyone who says yes to that is psychotic and doesn't deserve Superman's powers, it's that simple. The ends justifying the means is a sociopathic way of thinking.

I've got a question for you: Would Superman kill an innocent to gain his powers? There's my answer.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:
@plotweapon16255 said:
@ad-arts said:
@motm said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Loading Video...

Who would u save?

2 or 1

Since i am in no way related to either one of them. In this situation neither of them can save themselves... I would very likely save 2, although you do realize my question 2vs1 was just an example, right? Being Superman is no longer 2vs1, it potentially millions vs 1, and then it is really easy to pick.

I know it's an example, I am just trying know ur answer in that scenario.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By phillip33

Yup, if I get to choose who I off than I’m willing to sacrifice the life of one serial rapist/molester/murderer or what have you who’s serving a life sentence to basically have the capability to save the entire human population multiple times over.

Of course I would keep my regular identity a secret because I like who i have turned out to be and I would like to keep anyone in my personal life out of my dealings, but this, to me, is a no brainer.

Edit* oh sorry didn’t see the innocent part of the topic. Then no, I would not kill an innocent person for the powers of superman.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ad-arts

@motm said:

@plotweapon16255: @ad-arts: You're still not understanding my point and bringing up straw mans and irrelevant questions. I already answered this and it depends entirely on the situation and circumstances. If it was a dangerous situation that I could very well die, I would probably save myself. If it was not as serious as a situation, I would help all three. You're asking a very specific question in attempt to quantify life and confirm the greater good logic.

The topic of this thread is would you kill an innocent human being for Superman's powers. Anyone who says yes to that is psychotic and doesn't deserve Superman's powers, it's that simple. The ends justifying the means is a sociopathic way of thinking.

I've got a question for you: Would Superman kill an innocent to gain his powers? There's my answer.

1. There is a greater good. And you know it, hence avoiding a very simple question... That we all know the answer to. Nothing is black or white.

2. If i could save millions, but one has to die... sure. I can live with that.

3. Depends on the version of Superman. MOS likely would. He already killed one to save couple more. Actually more than one...