Would you murder an innocent human being to acquire Supermans powers?

• 196 results
Aqualame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Would you murder an innocent human being to acquire Supermans powers? (146 votes)

Yes 44%
No 56%

It has to be someone you've never seen before, a randomer.

No Caption Provided

• 
Hush114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the love ofg godno.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nah.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Omega_kai

@malkavthemaven: So you wouldn’t mind if someone killed you for Superman’s power?

MalkavtheMaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_kai: Not at all. I would be dead so I wouldn't be able to.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not greedy for power like that.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AlphaQ  Online

Yup. Someone already brought up the train argument.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, and anyone genuinely willing to do it shouldn’t have that level of power. Clark is so awesome because he knows restraint and he knows right from wrong, killing someone purely for personal power shows that you don’t understand that.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfffft, moron. I’d do it for free.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who would does NOT need that kind of power.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously though, I'm generally not the type to "kill one to save five", but the benefits a Superman would bring are just insane, you could fix a lot of the world's problems and surely make it so that humanity as a whole survives for a lot longer.

Excluding possible loopholes, I'd do it.

Or I'd puss out at the last second, probably.

Arametese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another way to look at it, is,

Would you be willing to kill one random innocent person to gain the ability to save millions?

(Assuming you use your abilities to save millions)

You could stop a holocaust, end wars, prevent mass shootings, blow back a hurricane and a lot more without even breaking a sweat, and all it would cost is one innocent life....and maybe your soul....

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's either save 1 guy and let millions die

Or kill 1 guy and save millions.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
MyLittleFascist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By MyLittleFascist
Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For jews this should be easy, the talmud tell us the goyim are not humans, they're beasts, animals.

So he could just kill a goy and become powerful.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeb Bush would.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oFZoVIDx5dg

Jeb! 2020

And he says he's christian?

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Amcu

Not a chance.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: What I’m saying is he wouldn’t happlily give up his life, even if he knew someone was trying to kill him for Superman’s powers. Also, if your willing to kill someone for them, I doubt there’s much good you can do for the world anyway.

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke512: With Superman around, overpopulation is a non-issue. You can actually use those powers to help to keep all those people alive, someone should have told Thanos about that.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Chaos239

I do it and then go Injustice on everyone and bring about total peace, I'd begin cracking holes in the universe and go grab a couple alternate versions of Heroes and Villains for my Regieme.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By Jooosh1996

Just think about how many other murders you could get away with after with the powers of Superman!

MightyKalEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, anyone saying yes is lying or pretending to be cool. Admit it, you don't have half the balls to do it.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don’t trade lives

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#82 morpheus_  Moderator

Willingness to murder an innocent person to gain power only proves you are unfit to wield it.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Mortein

@narutobleachfan said:

Admit it, you don't have half the balls to do it.

Maybe not, you can't really know until you get into such situation, but I do think it would be a morally right thing to do it.

Imagine, you could pay for the medical costs of every person on the planet. You could deliver food, water and medicines to every person on the planet. You could stop the wars. Scientific projects would have endless founding, which would result in endless new medicines, and technologies.

You could explore the universe, set up colonies in space, find aliens, prevent crime, stop asteroids, freeze tsunamis, end the energy crisis, end the ecological crisis and countless other things.

If you are not willing to die or take a life for something that would save lives of countless billions of people, and vastly improve the lives of even more billions of people, then you are not a particularly good person.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: Superman has done none of it and we still call him the best hero ever.You sir deserve the powers of superman,of course though half the things you said won't be possible but still ideas matter.??

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: Superman has done none of it and we still call him the best hero ever.You sir deserve the powers of superman,of course though half the things you said won't be possible but still ideas matter.??

Could you name one thing that would not be possible?

Avatar image for straightshooter
StraightShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would find an innocent person who wanted to commit suicide. Kill them then save thousands to make myself feel better about it.

But real talk someone is dying for those powers.

Stellaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would do it if someone is way too sick with deadly sickness doesn't have a cure.

OrphanCrippler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Yes, in the end it's too much power to pass up.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: Over half the stuff you said to me would not stop or begin. The world will even hate you at times.

You look at the benefits, I look at the whole thing.

What is this innocent human being anyway?

Cancer Survivor? Veteran? Relative? Good Parent? Leader?

Nothing good comes out of murdering a person, there has never bee one time where that happened.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: Sure thing.You can't pay for medical costs of every person on planet.You can not deliver food water and medicine to every one on planet.Why they are not possible is because we don't have infinite amount of food or medicine supplies.Of course you can pay for every medicine ,I mean superman can just make dollar making machine and give to everyone,but it won't have any value left due to inflation.Giving everyone gold will decrease value of gold instead of making everyone rich.

You can stop the wars and if it comes to ww3 than it becomes your duty but remember that countries don't like letting aliens interfere in their personal matter.If you support one country other country will cry unfair.The recent run on jl by priest was all about what happens when jl tries to mess with political affairs/boundaries.Once you start supporting one kind of people the end of integrity of superman begins.Their opposites will surely rebel and than your best bet will be to rule by fear or let the people you support rule by fear or let the enemies make bigger weapons that will cause more destruction.Either way you would end up as a tyrant and than you will have to make decision similar like the one you just made about killing one innocent i.e. killing millions is more necessary to save billions.

I seriously don't like this endless funding,medicine and technology you are talking about as I said before endless money != endless resources.Also nothing gurantees that scientific research on medicine and technology by superman will be succesful.If superman can do it than kudos to you if not than well back to square one.Also let's say that superman does find a way to make medicine for every illness and eliminate all possibilities of death than we would have to call Thanos for 50% overpopulation sweeping??.

Second paragraphs are full of things I agree with you on i.e we can explore universe that we can't right now,probably find aliens,prevent crimes in the area that you are currently present which if it's a dispute would go back to the whole tyrant charade which you better stay away from as said previously.Stop asteroids and freeze tsunami though I don't understand it's usefulness. Ending energy and ecological crisis sounds possible but than again the prizes will drop like crazy but still very necessary and great idea.

Setting up colonies and finding human accommodating empty planet might be the best thing possible of all as it would solve almost all problems in paragraph 1 as well as w but probably too many iffs.

I might be willing to die but taking up life of an innocent with the possibility that I might be destroying millions innocents/guilty in future is certainly not a bet I am taking whether I am good person or not.With powers if I am in position to rule them or destroy them than I would just fly in sun like Dr Manhattan and never come back.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Mortein

@narutobleachfan said:

@mortein: Over half the stuff you said to me would not stop or begin. The world will even hate you at times.

You look at the benefits, I look at the whole thing.

What is this innocent human being anyway?

Cancer Survivor? Veteran? Relative? Good Parent? Leader?

Nothing good comes out of murdering a person, there has never bee one time where that happened.

Let's go step by step.

First of all, I would become a multi trillionaire within few days.

Easiest and the fastest way to do so seems to be to go to space, and bring on earth asteroids rich in rare metals and minerals which would be worth trillions of dollars.

Then I could use this money to pay for food, medicines and water, being delivered to those in need. And with my speed and strength, I would be doing some deliveries on my own.

We could develop power-plants which would use my strength and/or heat vision as a power source, thus the world would get endless free and clean energy available, or I could sell that energy cheaply, and still earn trillions of dollars. Half an hour of work per a day would be enough to satisfy all the energy needs of the humanity.

Any invading army would be stopped immediately, and while civil wars would be more tricky, I could still help a lot, and make sure no is committing war crimes on massive scales. If there are 2 groups of people making claim over the same territory, I could create and island in the middle of the ocean, put on it valuable items worth trillions of dollars, build all the infrastructure on it, and let one of the two groups move over there, whichever group decides they are giving up on their homeland first. Or something like that, this is of course vastly oversimplified example.

With endless supply of economic resources I could fund all the scientific projects, with super strength and speed I could throw all the garbage into the sun

I'm really not sure which of those things would be impossible to do?

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obvioulsy No. It's crazy some people voted yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I'd do more than that.

Avatar image for straightshooter
StraightShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tethadam: lol how is it crazy some voted yes when innocent people die every minute for a piece of bread?

Superman's powers....or loaf of bread? You do the math.

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people in this thread are too touchy and yes I would definitely kill someone for the powers.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By mexcomics2078

Being a superhero is one of my dreams but my answer is no.killing an inocent man will make no sense to the idea of being a hero

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Suppose if you said yes and do the deed then what? Sure you could save trillion of transportation and exploration cost but that won't be enough right, people are still dying from mass shooting, terrorist and you have the power of a god in hand. So you do that too, saving people stopping bad people. But you are not omnipresent. During one outing, you didn't make it in time, you can't slow down to stop the terrorist so you fly with all your might and blitz him, turning the terrorist to mush in an instant, after all you already killed one innocent man for the sake of the whole world, killing the terrorist is like cleaning the trash. The people hail you as a hero and you started using lethal force now and then. Until one day thing goes too far, the very same people who call you a hero now see you as a monster, so you started doing like Injustice Superman.