Would you like Star Wars game where you play as Darth Sidious?

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eredin12

I may be in the minority, and I know this is very unlikely to ever happen, but personally, I would really enjoy a Jedi Survivor-like game where you play as Emperor himself, maybe temporarily trapped in unknown regions, exploring them and facing all kinds of cosmic horrors. I would like it because the overpowered gameplay that it would allow is something I always liked and Sidious is one of my favorite characters, so I would like to see what kind of story could they make with him in such context, given good writers.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MaulSmacker

Personally, I won't, while I love Sidious's character I love him as this all powerful antagonist, seeing him struggle with characters in QTE or cutscenes would harm his aura more then it would do good.

if we want a Sidious game, the only way I would like to play it is if its a like 25-30 year old young Sidious who is already very powerful under the tutelage of Darth Plagueis, if thats the case I would love to play it, anything else imo won't work, especially post ROTS.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Supreme101  Online

Nah he's already perfect(besides him in a storyline videogame wouldn't work)

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eredin12
@maulsmacker said:

Personally, I won't, while I love Sidious's character I love him as this all powerful antagonist, seeing him struggle with characters in QTE or cutscenes would harm his aura more then it would do good.

if we want a Sidious game, the only way I would like to play it is if its a like 25-30 year old young Sidious who is already very powerful under the tutelage of Darth Plagueis, if thats the case I would love to play it, anything else imo won't work, especially post ROTS.

Yea that could work, His backstory is completely unexplored in canon, so doing so through game could be fun if done well.

Also, valid point with first part about post ROTS Sidious. I guess you could have him dominate everything in his path, but then, lot of people would not find that as fun, and if you have struggle much, it could take away from him to have several beings there that make him struggle , as much as I would like to just throw mountains and crush giants with him lol

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, that would be too boring, Sidious doesn't really interest me as a front character, and his gameplay would just be "one-shot everyone with force lightning".

Give me a General Grievous or Maul game, then we'd be talking.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By macattack1

It would be fun, but I’m not sure what storyline they could have that would actually be challenging for Sidious to defeat. I feel like instead it would just result in him getting a bunch of anti-feats.

What could work is using a younger version of him, as an apprentice, but since the Sith were still in hiding at that point I’m not sure what storyline they could do there either to make it an exciting play through. The other problem with using a younger version of the character is that he isn’t yet ‘the emperor’ that everyone knows and loves.

So to be honest, fun as it could be, I think there are much better characters to base a game around.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah he's already perfect(besides him in a storyline videogame wouldn't work)

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me a General Grievous or Maul game, then we'd be talking.

Hell yeah

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eredin12
@macattack1 said:

It would be fun, but I’m not sure what storyline they could have that would actually be challenging for Sidious to defeat. I feel like instead it would just result in him getting a bunch of anti-feats.

What could work is using a younger version of him, as an apprentice, but since the Sith were still in hiding at that point I’m not sure what storyline they could do there either to make it an exciting play through. The other problem with using a younger version of the character is that he isn’t yet ‘the emperor’ that everyone knows and loves.

So to be honest, fun as it could be, I think there are much better characters to base a game around.

Well what I had in mind when I made this was something like fighting enormous Kaijus , enemy fleets and so fort. Something that would make sense given his power level. As I like over top stuff like that, I would like that aspect.

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Easy solution: have him go to the unknown regions and face empires and cosmic horrors by himself. I came up with the idea of having him repeal an assault by the Grysk, which would explain why the hegemony didn't just try to overpower the empire when it was at its weakest (right after TCW).

@eredin12 him fighting the Grysk Hegemony, which mind controls different species, would be a good excuse for him to face gigantic Kaiju.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By heiqn

He would be like Alex Mercer from prototype lol. A slaughter machine

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers