Would you honestly want to be a superhero/villain if you had the opportunity?

jamkid23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jamkid23

The Presence visits you in your dreams and says you can have one power of your choice (nothing too amazing however) with the catch that you must spend your life using your abilities for good or for evil.

I would pass up the opportunity to be quite honest. In a lot of ways, gaining superpowers is like winning the lottery, you think all the issues in your life are now solved, but they aren't. Instead, things become a lot more complicated and all your old problems are replaced with new dilemmas, some of which have dire consequences. Maybe if you were very poor or have nothing to lose, it would be a massive upgrade, but for most people, you will probably be in over your head and ruined all your past relationships.

When Spiderman said "With great power, comes great responsibility", he wasn't joking.

TheHercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 TheHercules  Online

I would want to be Batman or Superman! Probably more like Batman to attract less attention!

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the only options being one or the other, I'd pass. Tbh, I'm too selfish to devote my life to being a full time hero, especially if I'm not being financially compensated for it. Though you could likely land a brand deal. That job is super time consuming. All in all, it doesn't seem worth it.

And I wouldn't be a villain because... I'm not a psychopath. I wouldn't find enjoyment in either.

Smh at adulthood. Twelve year old me would have given his right arm to be a superhero. Adult me is way too cynical and nihilistic for that bs.

Zaggran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd definitely take it. But my life's a dumpster fire anyway (crippled with chronic pain, avoiding relationships because of that, ect.) so I wouldn't exactly be giving up much.

How's this "good or evil" thing work though? I'd almost certainly go a "knight in sour armor" route and I'd definitely do some things that Mr. Lets A Clown Who Kills Millions Live Cuz wouldn't approve of. Probably go a route like Black did in Supes vs. The Elite, up until he got his head stuck up his ass and decided to kill Supes for disagreeing with him.

RetroMetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends. If I have immense power and can easily overthrow all the worlds government and do what I want I can easily see myself becoming a villain.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Yeah, I'd pass on this whole thing. Not interested in being a villain or a hero for that matter.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's such a broad restricting term. If I get to be a hero can i also rob a bank too ?

Fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's too restricting and either side can lead to major problems when there are enemies.

Pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd take the offer in a heartbeat.

Hero of course, because I'm not a nutjob.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would there be a penalty if I ever end up chilling on my couch without doing any superhero, or supervillain activities? If not, I'd take it.

jamkid23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: yeah, the penalty is you lose your powers if you’re idle for too long.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamkid23 said:

@lan_fan: yeah, the penalty is you lose your powers if you’re idle for too long.

Wait, everyone should at least try then.... I don't see why would anyone say no to this.

GGtinyPP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

About how powerful would you be?? Would you be street level like Spider-Man or more like Superman who can bench press a planet???

jamkid23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ggtinypp:

You can have any power you can think of, but you shouldn't be more powerful than say the Silver Surfer.