Would you be ok with a vigilante that kills criminals?

KingofBBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By KingofBBC

Poll Would you be ok with a vigilante that kills criminals? (45 votes)

YES 47%
NO 53%

Would you be fine with a vigilante that kills criminals IRL?Even going so far as to break into prison to off criminals that got picked up by the justice system.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
BobLeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cops do it all the time. Would it really be any different?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

As long as they are super power villains or someone that keep escaping and murdering.

And no I don't want them to be like cops who kill "suspected criminal" who are totally innocent.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't want any vigilante and they are bound to kill innocent people.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if they’re as organized as Punisher.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

We have due process in my country. I'll be the first to admit, that in the USA the judicial system is woefully inadequate, especially when compounded by inadequate law enforcement. But this isn't the wild west. No one person has the right to serve as judge, jury, and executioner to a criminal, especially vigilante style, where things like evidence, context, extenuating circumstances, and deliberation are not performed. While it's easy to romanticize about some lone hero on a personal quest for justice, what that person really is...is a lone crazy serial killer, a vicious bloodthirsty monster. I'd rather risk the judicial system letting a guilty man/woman roam free before I'd risk granting absolute freedom for a single person to decide the fate of another. A vigilante killer is no different than mob killings/lynchings, except in that it involves less people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

We have due process in my country. I'll be the first to admit, that in the USA the judicial system is woefully inadequate, especially when compounded by inadequate law enforcement. But this isn't the wild west. No one person has the right to serve as judge, jury, and executioner to a criminal, especially vigilante style, where things like evidence, context, extenuating circumstances, and deliberation are not performed. While it's easy to romanticize about some lone hero on a personal quest for justice, what that person really is...is a lone crazy serial killer, a vicious bloodthirsty monster. I'd rather risk the judicial system letting a guilty man/woman roam free before I'd risk granting absolute freedom for a single person to decide the fate of another. A vigilante killer is no different than mob killings/lynchings, except in that it involves less people.

All of this. This is what irks me when people say heroes should kill. of course there are exceptions like Supes and Zod in MoS. That is totally understandable. When a villain can't be contained by human measures, you have to do what you have to do. But a vigilante who's taking on human level threats? No. No one should be out there playing judge, jury, and executioner. That's not hero, that's a sociopathic crazy person (I'm looking at you Ollie from Arrow) Saturday Night Live actually did a similar sketch about this on Batman. Even though he doesn't kill, the extreme force he uses doesn't always fit the crime, and showed how the civilians were actually more afraid of him.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By tj849

Depends on how serious the crimes are. If he/she kills people for minor things like shoplifting then no thank you.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If a vigilante kills, he would even kill a simple teenage shoplifter. Yeah, no thanks.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no. Anyone who says otherwise is ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the real world he wouldn't last very long tbh.

And no, that dude's mental.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
deactivated-5a694c5def8ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the real world he wouldn't last very long tbh.

And no, that dude's mental.

That dude isn't a dude,that's hitgirl.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monstrous93: Her gigantic head in the last panels makes her look like a dude.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no. Anyone who says otherwise is ridiculous.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends.

If the vigilante kills someone to save an immediate life (like a criminal as a gun pointed to a hostage's head), then yes.

If criminal is a super powered villain is too powerful to be contained by conventional means then yes.

If the criminal is constantly escaping jail and then committing mass murders (like the Joker) and no one can seems to be able to/don't want to stop him, then yes.

If the criminal is committing shoplifting, robbing banks, selling/doing drugs, larceny etc. Then no, the law should deal with them and the vigilante shouldn't kill them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergeant-rl3 said:

No.

All of this. This is what irks me when people say heroes should kill. of course there are exceptions like Supes and Zod in MoS. That is totally understandable. When a villain can't be contained by human measures, you have to do what you have to do. But a vigilante who's taking on human level threats? No. No one should be out there playing judge, jury, and executioner. That's not hero, that's a sociopathic crazy person (I'm looking at you Ollie from Arrow) Saturday Night Live actually did a similar sketch about this on Batman. Even though he doesn't kill, the extreme force he uses doesn't always fit the crime, and showed how the civilians were actually more afraid of him.

Heroes should kill. So because a team of people are playing "judge, jury, and executioner.", that somehow makes it better? At the end of the day, Man still decides mans fate. What you're stance on Cops & Military then? So those Mass shooters deserve what exactly? They're a "human" threat. I swear comics have warped people perceptions. Some people need to go. It's as simple as that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming the vigilante is very well trained and precise, sure, I will even buy their ammo.

If it is just some nut who want to shoot people, no.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends. But probably Yes.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_krown:

Heroes should kill.

Don't get confused. This is the real world. There are no heroes.

So because a team of people are playing "judge, jury, and executioner.", that somehow makes it better?

Yes. Because it doesn't fall on the whims of a single person. Guilt has to be proven, thoroughly, to several people, thoroughly enough to convince each of them, not just one. The process of including more people into justice makes it significantly harder to fail. It's the same principle that has lead to nearly every nation on Earth being governed by the people to an extent rather than the will of a single man. Like Kim Jong Un.

At the end of the day, Man still decides mans fate.

As opposed to what exactly? Random Chance?

What you're stance on Cops & Military then? So those Mass shooters deserve what exactly?

Are you comparing Police and Military personnel to Mass murderers? That's disgusting, and illogical. Police forces perform jobs, that we as a society have deigned necessary. If they decide to shoot someone in the line of duty, then they've been largely permitted to do so, because they're doing to in good faith. In other words, they have to shoot someone because in the moment they've decided that such a level of force is needed and justified due to an eminent threat to themselves or others, and every time they make that decision, there are indeed repercussions. They have to answer to their superiors and prove that the force used was indeed needed.

Of course no one is perfect, and there are a plethora of examples of Police and Military people abusing this partial exemption, and the systemic problems that perpetuate such abuses. And on occasion such individuals are found to not have reasonably needed to use deadly force, and they're punished accordingly.

No such process occurs with a vigilante. They behave outside of the law, with no consequences for their actions, however justified they are. There must always be consequences.

They're a "human" threat. I swear comics have warped people perceptions. Some people need to go. It's as simple as that.

Careful not to cut yourself on all of that edge. Some people need to go? Everyone deserves due process. It's what separates justice from anarchy. If you really believe what you're spointing, than its ethically on you to go out and act as that vigilante. See how much good will you earn by murdering people in cold blood. Your opinions are woefully out of touch with reality.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rapists, pedophiles, murderers sure

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if they only killed those who really deserved it. If they killed petty criminals, then no. Drug kingpins and mob bosses, then absolutely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergeant-rl3 said:

@king_krown:

Heroes should kill.

Don't get confused. This is the real world. There are no heroes.

So because a team of people are playing "judge, jury, and executioner.", that somehow makes it better?

Yes. Because it doesn't fall on the whims of a single person. Guilt has to be proven, thoroughly, to several people, thoroughly enough to convince each of them, not just one. The process of including more people into justice makes it significantly harder to fail. It's the same principle that has lead to nearly every nation on Earth being governed by the people to an extent rather than the will of a single man. Like Kim Jong Un.

At the end of the day, Man still decides mans fate.

As opposed to what exactly? Random Chance?

What you're stance on Cops & Military then? So those Mass shooters deserve what exactly?

Are you comparing Police and Military personnel to Mass murderers? That's disgusting, and illogical. Police forces perform jobs, that we as a society have deigned necessary. If they decide to shoot someone in the line of duty, then they've been largely permitted to do so, because they're doing to in good faith. In other words, they have to shoot someone because in the moment they've decided that such a level of force is needed and justified due to an eminent threat to themselves or others, and every time they make that decision, there are indeed repercussions. They have to answer to their superiors and prove that the force used was indeed needed.

Of course no one is perfect, and there are a plethora of examples of Police and Military people abusing this partial exemption, and the systemic problems that perpetuate such abuses. And on occasion such individuals are found to not have reasonably needed to use deadly force, and they're punished accordingly.

No such process occurs with a vigilante. They behave outside of the law, with no consequences for their actions, however justified they are. There must always be consequences.

They're a "human" threat. I swear comics have warped people perceptions. Some people need to go. It's as simple as that.

Careful not to cut yourself on all of that edge. Some people need to go? Everyone deserves due process. It's what separates justice from anarchy. If you really believe what you're spointing, than its ethically on you to go out and act as that vigilante. See how much good will you earn by murdering people in cold blood. Your opinions are woefully out of touch with reality.

"No,I wasn't comparing them... Jesus . Police kill. The Military Kill. The follow up was Mass Shooters also Kill.The 2 are often in put in situation when they HAVE to kill someone to protect. Mass shooters need to be stopped then and there. I was calling out your "no one should play judge,jury and executioner " non-sense. You completely missed the point.

Yea, Charles Manson for example, needed to go. Yea,let's put the child murdering rapist in a cell and feed for the rest of his days. As I said before, Comics have warped some peoples perceptions.

Anarchy ? Myself go out and kill people? Did the OP ask If YOU personally would? No he didn't.

Yea... you seem to be trying to twist my words and run with it.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

This - underscored.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HeroUp2112

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can care less. They are just fictional comics.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vertigo-

That's a hard no

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Yassassin

No skin off my nose, but I wouldn't cry if he inevitably gets caught.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade555:

You'd care when a crazy billionaire in a bat suit gives you a broken leg and a concussion for jay walking.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It kind of disturbs me so many people are ok with this. I never thought I’d say this, but you guys are reading way too many comics to think vigilante murder is ok.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: And then i shrug it off because he doesn't exist :)

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade555: Would you care if a homeless man shot you for jaywalking? Or an office worker hits a kid with a baseball bat for not stopping at a stop sign on his big wheel while yelling "All modes of transportation count"

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a real life Frank Castle?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It isn't for one guy to say who should die. Not all criminals are equal, and there will definitely be innocents killed either due to negligence, accidents, or false accusations. I don't support the death penalty either so I definitely would not be happy with this.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_krown:

You're really calling us out on comics warping our perceptions of reality because we believe that people have a right to a due process by our justice system over being merked by a crazy person who takes the law into their own hand? You are aware that's what we have a police force right? And I think that them and military officers would have better judgment on situations like these, over someone who goes out trying to play The Punisher, because they have been trained to properly deal with these types of situations, plus there is usually a full investigation that takes place afterwards to tie up any lose ends, and I imagine a vigilante would only make that a lot more difficult for any department.

And you brought up mass shooter acting like that's not an entirely different situation in and of itself. The OP wasn't asking if we should shoot mass shooters, he was asking would it be ok if vigilantes; people who are not working within the confines of the law or our judicial system be allowed to kill people? The short answer is no, because there is an entire process by trained professionals that goes into the matter that goes beyond just subduing the threat. Plus you wouldn't know the context of the crime being committed from face value. The person could very well just have mental problems and doesn't even fully understand what he's doing or he could just be a guy whose down on his luck and doing leg work for a big bad to earn some extra cash. That happens in the real world a lot. There have also been numerous cases throughout history when someone has been arrested and imprisoned, only to be released when evidence cleared them, and they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. So what happens when a vigilante makes this same assumption and just kills the guy, only to find out later that with proper evidence, he would have been innocent? Are you starting to see the importance of this due process thing that you said has warped our perception? Why untrained people playing judge, jury, and executioner is a bad idea?

In a comic book setting, I love vigilantes, and I could see the need for someone like Batman and Punisher. But in a real world setting? No. Simple having a gun doesn't give you all the skills to be equipped for something like that.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

It kind of disturbs me so many people are ok with this. I never thought I’d say this, but you guys are reading way too many comics to think vigilante murder is ok.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on the crime, yes I would be okay with this.