Would you be down for Tower of Babel in DC Cinematic Universe?

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you be down for Tower of Babel in DC Cinematic Universe? (33 votes)

No way, that would be a bad idea! 58%
Yes, have it be the first Justice League Movie 0%
Yes, have it be the second Justice League Movie 6%
Maybe a Justice League Story somewhere down the road 18%
Yes, have it be the first Batman movie 0%
Yes, have it be the second Batman movie 3%
Maybe a Batman story somewhere down the road 3%
The DCCU sucks, who cares? 12%

The Tower of Babel Justice League story is known for being the story where Batman has contingency plans to take down each member of the justice league, and unfortunately they fall into the wrong hands (Ras' hands to be exact). This is one of my all time favorite comics and Justice League Doom is my favorite animated superhero movie which loosely follows this story. For anyone who hates Batman this is probably their least favorite. I am asking you guys if you would like to see this story become a movie. If yes would you want it to be a Justice League movie or similar to Captain America Civil War, have it be Batman Tower Of Babel?

• 
SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SilverPool

NOOOOOOO!

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deaditegonzo

"Lets ruin the portrayals of all the heroes we've just now introduced to the big screen."

NO.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOOOOOOO!

"Lets ruin the portrayals of all the heroes we've just now introduced to the big screen."

NO.

This was the response I was expecting hahaha

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not yet.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I wouldn't want to see it.

#ec3forCHAMP

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It'd show the mainstream audience why Batman is considered such a lethal threat in the DC universe. Plus, it's one of Batman's characteristics at this stage.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I'd rather have, and you should know I'm a total Joe Kelly fanboy, Golden Perfect, Obsidian Age or Trial By Fire.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the Vine, Tower of Babel is interpreted by many as Morrison making Batman look good at other character's expense. However, for a mainstream audience, it could come off pretty good as long as Batman has made a plan for himself.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

It would be an interesting way to end it.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Justice League movie down the road

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

**** No. Even though I loved Justice League Doom. In a live action setting, it would make Batman look a paranoid ***hole that doesn't trust his teammates.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nope

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

No, because I'm afraid whoever takes the film on will completely miss the point of the story.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, that would be as bad as doing an OMAC project film.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

It wouldn't really serve a purpose as far as universe-building is concerned.

I was under the impression the second Justice League movie would an Apokolips invasion.

If I have to choose between Darkseid and Batman as the threat, Darkseid gets my vote.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

On the Vine, Tower of Babel is interpreted by many as Morrison making Batman look good at other character's expense. However, for a mainstream audience, it could come off pretty good as long as Batman has made a plan for himself.

Interesting that the Vine interprets it that way, considering that Mark Waid wrote Tower of Babel and Batman had nothing to do with his contingency plans being stolen by Talia and the League of Assassins.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: it'll be tough to top Darkseid in the third movie if they put him in the 2nd movie. Crime syndicate would be potentially awesome

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:
@algorhythm511 said:

Interesting that the Vine interprets it that way, considering that Mark Waid wrote Tower of Babel and Batman had nothing to do with his contingency plans being stolen by Talia and the League of Assassins.

You're right. Mark Waid did write it. I forgot about that. I think the fact that Batman was able to create plans to take down the JL gets people on here. Even though he didn't execute them himself, they were still his plans.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jaken7 said:
@algorhythm511 said:

You're right. Mark Waid did write it. I forgot about that. I think the fact that Batman was able to create plans to take down the JL gets people on here. Even though he didn't execute them himself, they were still his plans.

Well that's ridiculous. Batman is a smart guy. Theorizing about ways in which individual members of the League could be taken out is something well within his capabilities. Implementing them all at the same time is a different situation altogether, and one Batman wasn't shown being able to do.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

@black_wreath: it'll be tough to top Darkseid in the third movie if they put him in the 2nd movie. Crime syndicate would be potentially awesome

Oh I hear ya, blame Thanos.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By algorhythm511

@jaken7 said:
@algorhythm511 said:
@jaken7 said:
@algorhythm511 said:

Well that's ridiculous. Batman is a smart guy. Theorizing about ways in which individual members of the League could be taken out is something well within his capabilities. Implementing them all at the same time is a different situation altogether, and one Batman wasn't shown being able to do.

I agree with you. I am simply saying that is how other people on here interpret the events that happened in Tower of Babel. Yes, he wouldn't be able to do all at once. It's just that most Viners claim that Batman is a PIS machine. Just looking at the comments whenever the HellBat or Justice Buster are brought up confirm that to me.

I personally think there is a double standard on the Vine against Batman. When Batman performs a high end feat, everyone writes it off as PIS. However, when John Constantine "outsmarts" God or when Doom is able to steal an omnipotent being's power no one even gives it second thought.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It depends on who's directing and how they portray the contingencies and Batman.

But even though I have my disagreements with it, it's a great story that I wouldn't help but want to see if they made it.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@jaken7: I always thought tat made bats seem like a Paranoid Doozle. so par for the course

: D

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By reactor

Heeelll no

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

regardless of what happens batman will always be hated

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only good it would came from that movie, it would the mainstream would find Batman hilarious and all of this out of place.

Mainstream audience are not going to buy this type of things as comic book fans do.