Would Sabertooth been a better choice than X-24 in Logan?

• 61 results
ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

honestly, the xavier death i didn't like felt cheap... the build up was great knowing he was losing his mind the faamily dinner the 'lesson' of lifre for wolive all great but the death itself felt SO CHEAP. i mean he IS the xmen, seeing x24 walk in and just stab, no words, meh wasn't the biggest fan TBH,

i could see some merit for a sabretooth cameo towards the end in the forest scene perhaps. where he could assist in tracking wolvie after the tracker grenaded himself and then turn good by trying to protect wolvie from the agency/x24, then have them dying together, would have been acceptable as well.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By CramAndman

@monsterstomp: @rogueshadow: @sirfizzwhizz: @lordwhiskers: @don_higashikata: @sirfizzwhizz:

Personally, I think they should have replaced Donald Pierce with Sabretooth, as Old Man Logan's main physical antagonist and leader of the Marauders. Then X-24, could have been Laura's main physical antagonist. Donald Pierce was the problem, not X-24, he brought nothing to the table. Have your cake and eat it too!

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Not at all. Reminding people of the worst X-Men movie when they're supposed to be enjoying a Swan song wouldn't be smart.

The moment you introduce Sabertooth, Wolverine's brother, it becomes an emotional arc between the two. Not only would that distract from the story of the film, but you'd also be using X-Men: Origins, one of the worst superhero movies of the past decade, as your foundation.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

No, it wouldn't make sense story-wise and would detract from Laura's relationship building with Wolverine. Why would Transigen try to clone Laura from Wolverine's DNA if they had Sabretooth on call? Then they wouldn't need to use Caliban and his character would have been wasted a fourth of the movie in.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Sabertooth would have made some sort of appearance however I like the idea of Old Man Logan having to fight his former self

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@sirfizzwhizz: A good chunk of Wolverine villains are literally evil versions of him. If you want to avoid that cliche then you have to avoid Creed too because he fits it like a glove.

Not like you're arguing in favor of Gorgon or anything.

Besides Creed was important in a bad movie, Hollywood likes to ignore bad movies.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

If FOX had admitted that in the universe in which Logan is set, X-Men Origins: Wolverine exists, and that Logan has all that story with his brother then yes, it would have been a better choice. However, imo I think Creed would've ruined the movie in a way.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shame that Wolverine's great rogues gallery was not utilized against Hugh Jackman and never will be, but I do believe that the clone fit the story better. Logan shouldn't have to bare the mistakes of the past movies and go out of its way to show us classic villains on the big screen when that's not the story it wants to tell.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Nope, it was perfect. It was basically Logan vs Wolverine which worked well for the theme of the movie. You needed the "man vs beast" concept and x24 fit the bill sufficiently.

Though I would have loved Liev Schreiber to return as Victor Creed. He was a perfect casting choice.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By stumpy49er

I hate clone story lines. I got that it was supposed to represent Logan defeating his 'inner demons'.

Still cheapens the movie.

Sabretooth was the original comic book representation of Wolverine fighting his 'inner demons'. So defeating Sabretooth still would have accomplished that, plus not having a stupid clone as the last villain. Instead, it would have had an iconic character and Logan's recognized arch-nemesis as the final villain.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yep Victor Creed would have been a much better fit.

X-24 just straight up Sucked.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would've much preferred Sabretooth. I found X-24 boring. I also don't see how Sabretooth couldn't do everything that X-24 did while actually having a personality. It may have taken a bit more work to fit him in, but it would have been worth it imo.