Would President Trump blame Superman too in BvS?

• 57 results
#1 Posted by werkudoro (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

Senator Finch replaced by him

At congressional hearing

What he would do to Supes?

#2 Posted by IceDemonKing (10038 posts) - - Show Bio

he would blame him and try to have him killed for his muslim heritage

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#3 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3760 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd entice fear into the common man and encourage people to believe that Superman is not our hero because he saves people from other countries. He would grow a nation (or a margin of it) into believing Superman is the anti-christ; slowly trying to gain our trust and love, only to turn on us and wipe us out with his amazing powers. Something like that maybe.

#4 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. The moronic president in BVS already nuked him (and given the moronic script and director that reinforces it) so yes

#5 Posted by destinyman75 (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes because he's stupid, don't know why he's not ore empeached for Putin messing with the election in his favor and he's obviously trying to be buddies with communist Russia why don't we just kill democracy and get it over with

#6 Posted by Noone1996 (13052 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Do you have proof that Russia hacked the election or are you just saying that because CNN told you so?

Avatar image for staticspeedster
#7 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2816 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman was Mexican then yes.

#8 Edited by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75 said:

Yes because he's stupid, don't know why he's not ore empeached for Putin messing with the election in his favor and he's obviously trying to be buddies with communist Russia why don't we just kill democracy and get it over with

This sentence makes no sense, and is built upon false truths and ignorance. And a massive lack of proof.

I guess this is the age where people say stuff but without any inclination or rhyme or reason.

#9 Posted by SaintWildcard (22103 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman was Mexican then yes.

Mexican Superman wouldn't take his shit

#10 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody in real life would actually be mad at Superman after he spent like 2 years post MOS constantly saving people.

#11 Posted by SaintWildcard (22103 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody in real life would actually be mad at Superman after he spent like 2 years post MOS constantly saving people.

People are petty little creatures who only think "what have you done for me lately". Throw in religious extremist and people are bound to see him as a false prophet. There is a magnitude of reasons why they wouldn't like him.... it just wasn't used to it's fullest potential in BvS.

#12 Edited by destinyman75 (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11: Or this the age of sheep of which despite obvious proof and common sense they ignore everything they don't want to be true

On another note trump is he were actually smart would utilize Clark for his own ends he seems to be good at that

#13 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by MetalJimmor (6823 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark is both an illegal alien and a powerful weapon of mass destruction all rolled into one who refuses to take orders from the government. Trump would be terrified of him (somewhat justifiably) and try to "deport" him back into space. I could see him funding Lex Luthor's anti-Superman weapon project without a second thought, then possibly employing it once it's ready without provocation from Clark.

#15 Edited by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

"This flying man guy who has what it seems to be superpowers is a terrorist. And, I assume, his alien mother is too. He could break the wall we made for this great nation we call america to keep out the rapists, the drug dealers and more little brown people. He could break it with a single punch, I know this, my experts in my hotel just informed me that he could, he could. These are facts. Some say that he saves peoples' lives, that is a lie, that is a Chinese Hoax made by the same people who thought Obamacare was a, 'good idea'. I want you people to know, that you the american people must not give in to this foreigner's ways. I will create a plan, I make the best plans, and we will build a great dome over the United States of America that will keep people like this red and blue guy out of this great nation and the kryptonians are going to pay for it! Believe me, I will make 'Murica great again!"

- President Donald J. Trump

#16 Posted by gunmetalgrey (4921 posts) - - Show Bio

Build a lead-lined kryptonite wall! err.. dome!

#17 Edited by destinyman75 (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerevarine_11: Ironically that's what those blind sheep will be saying when they open there eyes and see what's really going on, that which some of us see plain as day now, so yes just yes.

Anyone who is dumb enough to try and ignore Russia's influence which is treason he can go stay with his Commy buddies and kiss off. Oh He's so quick to say no CIA is making it up when there not cause England is also in on it but oh he loved the FBI when they were talking Hilary, for you rookies its called misdirection, it apparently worked on the weak minded and those who just want to believe. Bo-leave is a wrestler What trumps doing is stupid BO-leave that

Otep Shamaya said it best

A Nation of Wolves "Run by Sheep" BO-leave that too.

I've tried to word it so you don't feel the wrath directly not pointed directly at you but have to speak the truth just waiting for Anon to give trump hell and maybe even bring some things to light

#18 Edited by IceDemonKing (10038 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

"This flying man guy who has what it seems to be superpowers is a terrorist. And, I assume, his alien mother is too. He could break the wall we made for this great nation we call america to keep out the rapists, the drug dealers and more little brown people. He could break it with a single punch, I know this, my experts in my hotel just informed me that he could, he could. These are facts. Some say that he saves peoples' lives, that is a lie, that is a Chinese Hoax made by the same people who thought Obamacare was a, 'good idea'. I want you people to know, that you the american people must not give in to this foreigner's ways. I will create a plan, I make the best plans, and we will build a great dome over the United States of America that will keep people like this red and blue guy out of this great nation and the kryptonians are going to pay for it! Believe me, I will make 'Murica great again!"

blessed be your name. this is so accurate it isn't even funny.

#19 Edited by Hatutzeraze (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Donald Trump sure loves his scapegoats, but I think he is selective about it. Look how quick he is to blame Obama, media, the Clintons, the Mexicans, Obama, the Muslims, and the Clintons for whatever ails the world. Then, when the U.S. intelligence community tells him that Russia hacked the U.S., he hems and haws and jumps through every hoop he can NOT to blame Russia. This guy, who skips most of his daily intel briefings, which he says he doesn't need because he is smart, is suddenly reduced to shrugging his shoulders saying nobody knows who did it, perfectly content to be ignorant forever.

So, I suppose it would depend on whether or not Trump has lucrative, impending business interests with Superman and whether or not Trump thought he could gain political advantage casting Superman as a scapegoat.

#20 Posted by kyrees (13595 posts) - - Show Bio

Or this the age of sheep of which despite obvious proof and common sense they ignore everything they don't want to be true

bud, you live on earth, not on utopia. your own definition of belief aka obvious proof and common sense is only as relevant to people within your circle. age of sheep has been here since mankind walked on earth. get used to it.

#21 Posted by destinyman75 (15929 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by destinyman75 (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Of course it has but now with trump and his lies its far worse, far far worse now all he can do shrug his shoulders about everything yeah perfect choice for sheep

#23 Posted by hyiena (5403 posts) - - Show Bio

Only in movies would people blame superheroes for collateral damage when they just saved the world.

#24 Posted by Hatutzeraze (562 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

Only in movies would people blame superheroes for collateral damage when they just saved the world.

The problem with that is that you assume everybody is going to agree on what happened. In real life, conspiracy websites would just pop up and cast doubt on whether the world was ever at risk in the first place or whether or not the superheroes involved were the ones who instigated the threat to make themselves look good. People would jump on a bandwagon to blame the superheroes for collateral damage because they'd never agree the world was saved in the first place.

Look at the 2004 U.S. presidential election. Conspiracy theorists took the fact that John Kerry had the Medal of Honor and convinced huge swaths of Americans that not only was that not heroic, but that John Kerry was a scumbag because he had one with the Swift Boat controversy, which turned out to be a huge lie. If you don't think similar lies would be told about superheroes in real life, you're not paying attention.

#25 Posted by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

#26 Posted by mrmonster (17092 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. When krypton sends their people, they're not sending their best.

#27 Posted by ANTHP2000 (31059 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
#28 Edited by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

Meanwhile Obama would be saying stuff like "If I had a son, he would look like Doomsday :)"

#29 Posted by Kairan1979 (27621 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Do you have proof that Russia hacked the election or are you just saying that because CNN told you so?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#30 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Trumps moms name Martha?

#31 Posted by Heatforce (6878 posts) - - Show Bio

Finch blamed Superman until she found out about Luthor's manipulation. So Trump would do the same, probably. What can he do to Supes? What can any mortal being do to Superman other than ask him politely to be nice?

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
#32 Edited by DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably or probably not it's hard to say.

Most politicians heck people would be aware of the risk Superman could be too humanity if he ended up losing his mind and going on a rampage. Granted if it wasn't for Superman killing Zod who is a known bad metahuman then humanity could be in a far worse situation so he'd probably be opened minded/mutual towards it.

Even Hillary Clinton and other political figures which I dislike would probably have the same view point

#33 Posted by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

No Caption Provided

#34 Posted by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

No Caption Provided

lmao...Hahahaha!...I,m crying tears of pure laughter.

#35 Posted by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, unfortunately.

#37 Posted by Iara (970 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd much rather see Trump try to deal with the Authority.

Also plus 1 to Usha for that fine post.

#38 Edited by TheNatty (374 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

Hahahahahahaha lol!!! I actually laughed on the ground when reading this. Post of the year 2016.

#39 Posted by Hypnos0929 (7027 posts) - - Show Bio

No bull I would blame Superman as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
#41 Posted by deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084 (12991 posts) - - Show Bio

There is so much salt in this thread and it's hilarious.

#42 Posted by Guru_Crack (11630 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody with sense would blame Superman. But unfortunately most people lack common sense and other such super powers i'm afraid. I always get pissed off when reading a comic book or watching a film and Punisher kills some murderer or rapist and other heroes are upset at him like dude that isn't ok. I mean if all heroes did that the stories would suffer as all the Villains would be dead but the World would be so much safer haha.

Avatar image for gumball35248117
#43 Posted by gumball35248117 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody with "common" sense would blame Supes for the events of Man of Steel,yet while,you know how that went...

#44 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

The cia told us so...

#45 Posted by Noone1996 (13052 posts) - - Show Bio

@kbroskywalker: Unofficially. I'm not trusting the same sources that claimed Hillary was stomping in the polls and had a 95% chance of winning the election. They are proven liars.

#46 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@kbroskywalker: Unofficially. I'm not trusting the same sources that claimed Hillary was stomping in the polls and had a 95% chance of winning the election. They are proven liars.

That was prior to the corney letter, and underestimating polling hardly makes someone a news source "a proven liar". Its certainly far more reliable than sources like drudge report and breitbart

#47 Posted by Noone1996 (13052 posts) - - Show Bio

@kbroskywalker: What an understatement. "Underestimating polling". Sure, it's that simple. They were just slightly off, right? They totally weren't straight up pushing fake polls to make Trump supporters feel discouraged. The media, 90% of which is owned by six corporations with special interests, should totally be taken as gospel. Anything against those proven biased liars are 'fake news', right? I'd like to see clear-cut evidence that Russia had a hand in hacking the election like the butthurt crybaby liberals are trying to push.

#48 Posted by kbroskywalker (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996:

They totally weren't straight up pushing fake polls to make Trump supporters feel discouraged.

Please provide evidence for this

he media, 90% of which is owned by six corporations with special interests, should totally be taken as gospel.

This goes for pro conservative news as well.

Anything against those proven biased liars are 'fake news', right?

They aren't "proven biased liars" because you say so

I'd like to see clear-cut evidence that Russia had a hand in hacking the election like the butthurt crybaby liberals are trying to push.

I'd like clear cut evidence about reporters for msm being "proven biased liars".

#49 Posted by MAZAHS117 (13614 posts) - - Show Bio

You're fired

#50 Edited by Hatutzeraze (562 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996 said:

@kbroskywalker: What an understatement. "Underestimating polling". Sure, it's that simple. They were just slightly off, right? They totally weren't straight up pushing fake polls to make Trump supporters feel discouraged. The media, 90% of which is owned by six corporations with special interests, should totally be taken as gospel. Anything against those proven biased liars are 'fake news', right? I'd like to see clear-cut evidence that Russia had a hand in hacking the election like the butthurt crybaby liberals are trying to push.

1. While those polls were wildly off, as you said, that doesn't make them lies. It just makes the polls wildly wrong. It has to do with the fact that the Trump following was insanely hard to pin down with modern poll techniques. Those networks who put their faith in those polls aren't liars just because assuming so feeds the right-wing anger-motor. They trusted polls that are usually very right, but this time they were very wrong. If mistaken = liar, then look no further than Donald Trump who mistakenly challenged President Obama's birthplace.

2. Speaking of President Obama's birthplace, I think it funny how zero evidence, only rampant speculation was enough to keep that nonsense going for years, from our genius President-elect, but now the concensus of U.S. intelligence agencies in the case of Russian hacking isn't enough, and suddenly requires "clear-cut evidence". Trump's bar for evidence has fluctuated pretty wildly between those issues. Being annoyed at that isn't being a crybaby. Namecalling those who are annoyed at such hypocrisy sounds a lot more crybabyish to me.