Would Naruto be relevant without Kurama

Leeroythajenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

During a debate with some of my friends, the question came up. Would Naruto even be alive if Kurama wasn't sealed inside him. What do you guys think.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Yassassin

Probably

Obviously not as strong but probably mid kage level.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sage mode is still pretty strong, but generally, no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He wouldn't be Hokage, that's for sure.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

If Kurama wasn't sealed into him, he'd be raised as a heir of Namikaze, not as unwanted pariah he was in canon. No doubt he'd be trained much better than he was, and probably end up competing for Rookie of the Year with Sasuke. Without giant chakra levels, his chakra control will be much better, making it easier to study techinques.

ulquirralost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if he didnt have kurama, he would have focused on other things, so he would have had a usage of rasengan, summoning, clone jutsu, and sm. pretty simple. his taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu coudlve prolly been better as well.

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's interesting imagining a Naruto who mastered his other techniques to a greater degree aside from KCM forms and bijuu damas.

He wouldn't be as strong, but still pretty strong, probably eventually reaching Hashirama level. I mean, he was born with a high amount of his own chakra. I can see him making hundreds of clones spamming rasenshurikens without Kurama.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would still be busted. He's lowkey nerfed in the series. He has the highest chakra reserve in the entire series and could easily solo the verse if he used his clones in conjunction with kurama more often and properly. His sage mode prep feats with clones against sasuke and pain was impressive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still High Kage level with his sage mode, summonings, shadow clones & Fighting IQ.

He wouldn't be God tier tho.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MetalJimmor

If Kurama wasn't sealed into him, he'd be raised as a heir of Namikaze, not as unwanted pariah he was in canon. No doubt he'd be trained much better than he was, and probably end up competing for Rookie of the Year with Sasuke. Without giant chakra levels, his chakra control will be much better, making it easier to study techinques.

This is a great point. If the fox hadn't made him an orphaned pariah he would've been treated like Konohamaru. Given an elite teacher ninja at the academy level to teach him the fundamentals. He still has absurdly high chakra levels due to being an Uzumaki which gives him a huge advantage over everyone else, but with better training and without Kurama around to mess up his chakra control he'd gain significantly more control in addition to his monstrous chakra pool.

I imagine is fighting style would end up more similar to Jiraiya's but with excessive use of clones. Instead of learning how to control Kurama that time would go to learning a deeper jutsu pool and developing more combinations with his toads. He'd also have access to Ma and Pa toads' senjutsu, giving him easier access to Sage Mode as well as the versatility they provide as shoulder mounted jutsu cannons.

Shoot, he may have actually learned some ranged wind ninjutsu rather than focusing entirely on rasengan variants. With the chakra reserves he has he can definitely afford to just blast a few miles of open forest until he hits something.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering six paths sage mode is separate from the biju, yes he would still be just as strong, he surpassed Kurama in all but dc at the beginning of the war.

Jatom22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jatom22

relevant yes, as strong as he is now, no way

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fabricolage

He'd probably have learned shadow clone and other Hokage forbidden techniques later on alongside some different taijutsu, ninjutsu, and probably genjutsu. Would probably need to rely on a seventeen year old to take on a villain that has probably lasted a millenia or less.

I never realized that Naruto essentially controlled his inner demon and then demons.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd probably have learned shadow clone and other Hokage forbidden techniques later on alongside some different taijutsu, ninjutsu, and probably genjutsu. Would probably need to rely on a seventeen year old to take on a villain that has probably lasted a millenia or less.

I never realized that Naruto essentially controlled his inner demon and then demons.

Why would he learn forbidden techniques whats stopping him from learning them now.Nothing.

OT he would get slagutered by zabuza and haku

If not then killed vs Gaara

even with kurama all he did pre skip was punches,kicks,clone spam that it he would not have as many clones he would probably only make like 10-20

In fact he never would have learnt the tech as the only reason he took the scroll and learnt SC jutsu was because of kurama

SO he would be all taijutsu with rasengan

He would die vs zabuza and haku or vs gaata or vs kimimaro he would not clear part 1 naruto., he would obviously die a horrible death in the war or vs any akatasuki

IF he survived assuming he learn SM he would be a little stronger then he was in the pain arc

Though sasuke most likely would stomp there final battle

All in all there are many battles naruto would get horribly killed in without kurama so to answer the question he would not be relevant without kurma

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he would have died before the original series mid point

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Stronger

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He would be an average jonin at best.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Malzahaar

@the_kidd: How?

No Kurama means no dead Minato, which means Naruto isn't neglected but trained by Minato, in which he learns Rasengan faster, Sage mode faster, and Flying Thunder God. He's then easily number 1 in the class. Then once he gets the S06P buff he gets his Kurama Chakra and now he's even stronger than before.

This is all with me Ignoring the Uzimaki traits he would have foucsed on without Kurama.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malzahaar: I'm assuming in this scenario Minato still dies and Naruto is raised by the state so he has a similar childhood and personality. This Naruto would only learn whatever Kakashi taught and maybe 1 or 2 things on his own. Without Kurama Naruto wouldn't garner much attention from Jiraiya to take him away for three years though he would likely still teach him rasengan due to Minato connection.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SeaGod

@the_kidd: if Naruto doesn't have Kurama then even without Minato he would be a better ninja at the start cause the teachers would probably actually teach him properly and Naruto wouldn't be as prone to goof off for attention if the village doesn't hate him.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: That wouldn't make any sense, Minato wouldn't have any reason to use reaper death seal if not for Naruto.

And even if Minato dies Naruto gets adopted and actually gets to train.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, Naruto could've died a long time ago without Kurama. It has saved his a@% so many times.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how it's done (i.e. Kurama isn't extracted from Naruto's mom, Minato doesn't/couldn't seal Kurama in Naruto, etc.) Either way I still think that Naruto would be high Kage level and would've likely been Hokage eventually assuming he could survive to that point.

IIRC the Kyuubi being sealed in him at such a young age messed with his chakra control. If that's true, Naruto would have an easier time learning moves/jutsu without Kurama. Even with Kurama sealed, Naruto was still noted for having high chakra reserves (he's a Uzamaki after all). And due to his high chakra levels he could still use his staple jutsu like kage bushin and rasengan. Naruto would still be able to obtain Sage Mode.

And that's not getting into the ridiculousness that he's (ugh seriously hate this stupid ass plot point) still the reincarnation of Asura Ōtsutsuki as well as the prophesied "Child of Destiny" (hate this plot point too). So even without Kurama being sealed into him during infancy, Naruto was always destined to being a powerhouse.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage said:

Why would he learn forbidden techniques whats stopping him from learning them now.Nothing.

Because Naruto wouldn't be a delinquent feeling targeted for having a demon that rampaged the village inside of him and thus get manipulated by a teacher into stealing the village secrets? He stole the scroll and learned one high-level technique that none of his teachers taught him. It was in the very first episode of Naruto after he failed to create a perfect clone. The thing is, there are only a few people who learned that technique, mostly or only hokage people and Kakashi unless it was a Lightning clone or something.

Saying he would have learned it is like implying the other genin characters who learned and master basic clone jutsu got their chance to show off the shadow clone jutsu skills. Sakura, a smart character who has been able to keep up with most characters, still only used the basic clone jutsu and even Shikamaru, I think.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewguysnm1: low-ball to the max.

How everything i said was true

I love how you said lowball but didnt counter a thing

If we look at on panel evidence everything i said was right his child hood might be worse as the village would blame him for minatos death

He would die many times in the story

Though if were being honest obito would of just came back to finsh thej job on the leaf village

Leeroythajenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Leeroythajenks

I personally feel like the show would have ended during his fight with Haku. With no 9 tails chakra leaking out of him he would have died along with Sasuke.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Malzahaar

@thenewguysnm1: without Naruto receiving Kurama Minato would never die, nothing you said was true it was an opinion and a poor one at that.

Kishimoto wouldn't kill off his main character he would write around the whole Kurama thing.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewguysnm1: without Naruto receiving Kurama Minato would never die, nothing you said was true it was an opinion and a poor one at that.

Kishimoto wouldn't kill off his main character he would write around the whole Kurama thing.

I think the op means if he went through the story without kurama so everything else is the same

Obviously kishi would write around it if he put me in the story he would write a way for me to be relevant but if everything in the naruto story was exactly the same but he didn't have kurma or could not use its power he would die vs zabuza and haku or vs gaara or vs kimimaro or vs orochimaru or vs pain or vs obito etc

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LDM

Yes. He would still be an Uzumaki in addition to being an incarnation of Asura = massive chakra pool. Then you have Sage Mode and even 6PSM

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewguysnm1: Fair enough but then again that destroys the entire story because Sasuke would be dead too.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurama, as useful as he was during the story(especially early on) was actually a nerf to Naruto because nearly everyone hated him and he had no one to really teach him until Kakashi and later Jiraiya. Had he actually had Minato there to teach him the basics earlier and stuff like FTG, as well as possibly his mother to teach him some jutsu from the Uzumaki Clan Naruto would have been OP as hell a whole lot earlier. Not to mention Jiraiya would have likely started training him earlier than when he started training him with Kurama since he would have met him sooner and him being good friends with his parents and all.

This means Naruto would still have learned Sage Mode regardless of Kurama, and he would still have his massive reserves of chakra to draw upon. So he'd still be Kage level with Sage Mode, especially if he had FTG to combine with it and Rasenshuriken. He just wouldn't be so overpowered that he could solo all the Kage at once.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As many have already said, a non-jinchuriki Naruto wouldn't have been a Pariah, and would have likely received specialized training like Konohamaru did, either Kakashi, Minato, Jiraiya or Hiruzen would have trained Naruto from the get go. If we take Konohamaru as an example of getting elite training, by the time Konohamaru was Naruto's age at BoS he was already able to make huge rasengans (that seemed a bit of PIS to me but w/e). Having such training since childhood directly from his father, or Kakashi/Jiraiya if we go by Minato & Kushina still being dead, would put him probably on par or above Sasuke at BoS.

The first fight were I think he would be in a worse situation would be against supressed Shukaku, sice I don't know if a non-jinchuriki Naruto would be able to summon Gamabunta at that point, and without him I don't see Naruto winning that fight.

Later on he would obviously be less powerful, but definitely end being high Kage tier. The Naruto that fought the paths had a ton of intel and prep, but sage mode was such an amp that I would rank him low Kage level by that point already.