Would MCU Luke Cage no sell Tonys beating ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would MCU Luke Cage no sell Tonys beating ? (28 votes)

Yes 39%
No 61%
No Caption Provided

Luke has to stand still and take Iron Mans beating (gif) ? Would he no sell it ?

• 
Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he couldn't. It would be like a worse version of when Diamondback beat the shit out of him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap took it pretty well so yes

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sell would be a little much, he could take it pretty well though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ithemanwithoutfeari: Some of my best work, thanks. Really though Luke is way more durable from blunt damage so I don't see why not

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AngelJax

Cap and Bucky did well, Cage would too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

You are welcome.

He is definitely more durable, but I wouldnt say "Cap took it pretty well". He was breathing heavy and could barely stand straight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax:

Cap and Bucky didint no sell the attacks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

You are welcome.

He is definitely more durable, but I wouldnt say "Cap took it pretty well". He was breathing heavy and could barely stand straight.

Well we can still go by Luke taking a hit from Iron Fist that made a shockwave in the Defenders trailer, Iron Man didn't hit half that hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

@jayc1324:

You are welcome.

Well we can still go by Luke taking a hit from Iron Fist that made a shockwave in the Defenders trailer, Iron Man didn't hit half that hard

Danny is not hitting people as hard as he hit the floor in that instance. He holds back.

Also Luke didint no sell Dannys attack.

Your comparisons are questionable ... Danny hurt him so Luke is gonna no sell Tonys attacks ? what kind of logic is this ?

Iron Mans punches against fodder are actually more impressive than Dannys chi punches against fodder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@jayc1324:

You are welcome.

Danny is not hitting people as hard as he hit the floor in that instance. He holds back.

Your comparisons are questionable ... Danny hurt him so he is gonna no sell Tonys attacks ? what kind of logic is this ?

Iron Mans punches against fodder are actually more impressive than Dannys chi punches against fodder.

I just don't think Iron Man's punches were as hard as anything that has hurt Luke. They didn't send Cap flying backwards or anything. It looks like his repulsor that sends him flying back in that gif. When Cap hits people, he ragdolls them. Iron Man did no such thing, so judging by that Cap can punch harder than Tony was hitting him there. Due to the fact that Tony's punches did not even make Cap move or send him flying through the air, they weren't really that hard at all and Luke can tank them easily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@jayc1324 said:

@jayc1324:

You are welcome.

Your comparisons are questionable ... Danny hurt him so he is gonna no sell Tonys attacks ? what kind of logic is this ?

I just don't think Iron Man's punches were as hard as anything that has hurt Luke. They didn't send Cap flying backwards or anything. It looks like his repulsor that sends him flying back in that gif. When Cap hits people, he ragdolls them. Iron Man did no such thing, so judging by that Cap can punch harder than Tony was hitting him there. Due to the fact that Tony's punches did not even make Cap move or send him flying through the air, they weren't really that hard at all and Luke can tank them easily.

Cap rag dolls fodder. Iron Man rag dolls fodder as well. The only reason Tony didint rag doll Cap here is because he is a super soldier.

You also dont see Cap rag dolling Black Panther or Winter Soldier. Cap is not hitting harder than Tony.

"they weren't really that hard at all and Luke can tank them easily."

I think Luke can tank the punches as well, but no selling is a different story. Tony would kill normal people with these punches and repulsor blasts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Dont get me wrong. I dont think you are wrong, but your reasoning was not really good ...

I thought its debtable, thats why I created/opened this thread in the first place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@jayc1324 said:

@jayc1324:

You are welcome.

Cap rag dolls fodder. Iron Man rag dolls fodder as well. The only reason Tony didint rag doll Cap here is because he is a super soldier.

You also dont see Cap rag dolling Black Panther or Winter Soldier. Cap is not hitting harder than Tony.

I think Luke can tank the punches as well, but no selling is a different story. Tony would kill normal people with these punches and repulsor blasts.

What does Cap being a super soldier have to do with anything? He isn't immovable. Cap actually did rag doll BP and BP sent him flying as well. They both landed one kick on each other, and both kicks sent them flying through the air. Being a super soldier has nothing to do with anything here. Super soldiers can be hit and made to go flying as well as anyone else.

There is no doubt Luke can no-sell a hit that doesn't even move Cap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@jayc1324 said:
@jayc1324 said:

@jayc1324:

You are welcome.

What does Cap being a super soldier have to do with anything? He isn't immovable. Cap actually did rag doll BP and BP sent him flying as well. They both landed one kick on each other, and both kicks sent them flying through the air. Being a super soldier has nothing to do with anything here. Super soldiers can be hit and made to go flying as well as anyone else.

Being A super soldier means you are more durable and stronger so you can tank, no sell attacks way better without getting rag dolled.

Black Panther kicked Cap 8-10 feet away with a push kick. This kick is meant to push you away and keep distance. They werent rag dolling each other.

Tony was punching Cap in the face and closing the distance not creating distance.

"There is no doubt Luke can no-sell a hit that doesn't even move Cap"

Assumption. So far the majority of people voted "No" So the doubt is clearly there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@jayc1324 said:
@jayc1324 said:

@jayc1324:

You are welcome.

Being A super soldier means you are more durable and stronger so you can tank, no sell attacks way better without getting rag dolled.

Black Panther kicked Cap 8-10 feet away with a push kick. This kick is meant to push you away and keep distance. They werent rag dolling each other.

Tony was punching Cap in the face and closing the distance not creating distance.

Assumption. So far the majority of people voted "No"

So sending someone flying 8-10 feet away isn't rag dolling now? Or what about when Black Panther kicked Bucky so hard that he flipped over and slammed into a wall? (During Bucky's escape scene). Being a supersoldier does indeed make you stronger and more durable, but they still only weight like 200 somehting pounds, and if hit hard enough will be sent flying. Even Thor was moved by Iron Man's hits. So that alone shows that strength has little to do with it.

The fact of the matter is that Iron man simply wasn't hitting Cap that hard there. The majority of people voted wrong I guess

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highly doubt Luke could just stand still and take it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@jayc1324 said:
@jayc1324 said:
@jayc1324 said:

@jayc1324:

You are welcome.

Assumption. So far the majority of people voted "No"

So sending someone flying 8-10 feet away isn't rag dolling now? Or what about when Black Panther kicked Bucky so hard that he flipped over and slammed into a wall? (During Bucky's escape scene). Being a supersoldier does indeed make you stronger and more durable, but they still only weight like 200 somehting pounds, and if hit hard enough will be sent flying. Even Thor was moved by Iron Man's hits. So that alone shows that strength has little to do with it.

The fact of the matter is that Iron man simply wasn't hitting Cap that hard there. The majority of people voted wrong I guess

Sending someone flying barely 8-10 feet with a kick is not rag dolling, no. What Cap did to the people in the elevator fight scene is rag dolling.

Black Panthers drop kick against Bucky is also not rag dolling either.

200 pounds or not. When someone is as strong and durable as Cap, you aint gonna move him with a punch, if you arent strong enough. Same happens, if someones tries to push or shove him. He could lean forward or resist the punch with his lower body and upper body strength.

Iron Man was hitting him pretty hard actually. Look at his face when he gives Cap that uppercut.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Cap took it pretty well so yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ithemanwithoutfeari: Then what is ragdolling to you? and fair enough but Iron Man moved Thor so he is strong enough to move Cap. He just wasn't hitting that hard here

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: the only time tony really ragdolled thor was when he had room to accelerate and kick him. His regular strikes did nothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thats rag dolling.

Loading Video...

Also these instances

Skip to 0:44 and 6:44

Kicking someone a few feet away is not rag dolling imo. Iron Man came flying (literally) and kicked Thor. He never did that against Cap.

@jayc1324:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thats rag dolling.

Loading Video...

Also these instances

Skip to 0:44 and 6:44

Kicking someone a few feet away is not rag dolling imo. Iron Man came flying (literally) and kicked Thor. He never did that against Cap.

@jayc1324:

Loading Video...

Alright I guess we have different meanings for the word then. So now the question is basically if Cap is strong enough to resist being sent flying by Iron Man's punches. And I will once again use Thor as an example, but a different instance. Here we see Iron Man pushing Thor's face into the cliff. It's brief but it still took a lot of strength to do that while Thor is resisting. Now don't you think someone capable of forcing Thor's head to move like that is capable of moving Cap? Tony wasn't trying to kill Cap so there was no reason for him to hit that hard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Loading Video...

Iron Man actually send Cap flying with a punch in a similar way as in the Thor feat.

11:58

While Cap tried to block that punch with his shield.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

He accelerates and used the momentum to grab Thor. Tony also did this against Bucky more than once single handily (video above 11:53) .

His punches and the headbutt in which he was standing still did nothing against Thor.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol What? Cap got beat up pretty bad but it didn't take him out, so I'm figuring Luke would be able to stand up to it without too much trouble. Someone made a comparison to the fight with Diamondback, but I disagree. Diamondback was cutting loose with everything he had, Iron Man was just dusting up Cap (I'm frankly of the opinion he could have taken off Cap's head if that's what he was MEANING to do...Russo Force or no.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:

lol What? Cap got beat up pretty bad but it didn't take him out, so I'm figuring Luke would be able to stand up to it without too much trouble. Someone made a comparison to the fight with Diamondback, but I disagree. Diamondback was cutting loose with everything he had, Iron Man was just dusting up Cap (I'm frankly of the opinion he could have taken off Cap's head if that's what he was MEANING to do...Russo Force or no.)

"Cap got beat up pretty bad"

"Cap took it pretty well"

He didint take anything pretty well. He was almost done after that beating. Bucky saved him from getting hit by a last repulsor blast.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ithemanwithoutfeari:

I agree with what you say. He aint no selling. This beating is gonna hurt. He might not even have as good blunt force trauma as cap. He was knocked out by a shotgun blast. Cap has been taking shots from Bucky's bionic arm for a while now. Him and Luke are very similar in power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

:) Thanks man.

Him and Luke are very similar in power.

Yeah agreed.

They are both street level tanks. They are definitely comparable when it comes to blunt force trauma.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:

He didint take anything pretty well. He was almost done after that beating. Bucky saved him from getting hit by a last repulsor blast.

Okay...he took it pretty well considering a guy in fantastically high tech combat armor just wailed on him. I'd have to disagree that he was almost done (though yes a point blank repulsor blast might well have done it).

I might have put it badly but my point is, "Considering that Cap was able to deal with the beating as he did, and Luke Cage is THAT much more resilient than Cap, I think Luke could have no sold said beating." He might have taken some knock back but I don't think it would have actually done him any damage. Opinions vary of course, but this is mine. :)

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Superhero24

@ithemanwithoutfeari:

Iron man has punched through titanium hammer drones before and damaged if not destroyed a hydra tank with his repulsor blast. He could have one shot both. He wasn't trying to kill cap. It even states this in marvel wikia and he even says stand down and tries to keep cap out the fight. People try to compare his newest armor blast to the mark III. His new armors would fodderize his early models. It even states he creates a new suite to better use the significant power increase in the new element he created in Iron man 2. His repulsor blast are on another level from Iron man repulsors. They were already sending dudes through concrete walls lol. Then, you have the other side completely lowballing Thor. Thor wasn't even trying to fight Tony and was heavily weakened. His punches that went though titanium barely moved Thor's face lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@heroup2112 said:

Okay...he took it pretty well considering a guy in fantastically high tech combat armor just wailed on him. I'd have to disagree that he was almost done (though yes a point blank repulsor blast might well have done it).

I might have put it badly but my point is, "Considering that Cap was able to deal with the beating as he did, and Luke Cage is THAT much more resilient than Cap, I think Luke could have no sold said beating." He might have taken some knock back but I don't think it would have actually done him any damage. Opinions vary of course, but this is mine. :)

I have no problem with your whole opinion.

I just think "Cap took it pretty well" is wrong and a poor reasoning for your point.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@heroup2112 said:

I just think "Cap took it pretty well" is wrong and a poor reasoning for your point.

Eh, like I said...poorly worded. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@heroup2112 said:

Eh, like I said...poorly worded. :)

Fair enough :).

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he would be hurt, but he'd still be up and ready to fight probably.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sell probably not, but he won't be really hurt.

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can withstand it without much trouble.

He is much more durable than cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

He could have one shot both

I dont think Tony was holding back or pulling his punches in CQC honestly.

He was obviously trying to kill Bucky and he managed to tank a few at least. Cap is more durable and it looks like he saved the most brutal strikes for Cap.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ithemanwithoutfeari:

Than this is a super high showing for cap. He was able to tank punches from a suite that could easily punch holes in titanium hammer drones with a inferior suite. I don't think Iron man was hitting his hardest. An argument could be made for him hitting near it, but not his absolute hardest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

Hmm I actually think Tony was hitting his hardest, even accelerating and using momentum to power- up his punches.

An argument could be made for his suit. I mean his suits have different purposes. This might not be ideal for CQC...

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By uugieboogie

Tbh, he should be able to. He stopped a SUV that was trying to hit Clair without budging and he swatted away a motorcycle that was thrown at him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage would perform better against Tony`s attacks in comparison to Captain America.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Luke could. He's certainly more durable than Cap without a shield.