Posted by solar_nerd (1539 posts) 1 month, 6 days ago

Poll: Would "Justice League" have been better if it included Green Lantern? (24 votes)

Yes 33%
No 67%
No Caption Provided

In my opinion, yes.

The movie overall didn't have enough characters, and Infinity War proved a superhero flick can work with over 20. GL shouldn't have been left out, and it would actually be pretty easy to bring him in. He could just show up in the climax or something.

#1 Posted by KanyeCosby (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. Having another underdeveloped major superhero wouldn’t have made the movie better.

#2 Posted by Batvibe12 (5063 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#3 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4027 posts) - - Show Bio

No because they’ll low ball him and wank Superman just like they did everyone else

#4 Edited by GhostNova (16 posts) - - Show Bio

It was overcrowded already.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#5 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (6493 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie still has Steppenwolf, mustache gate, and over sexualized WW so no

#6 Posted by rogueshadow (28829 posts) - - Show Bio

Throwing Green Lantern into the film for shits and giggles isn't gonna change anything.

And I think the Infinity War comparison is pretty hollow, the MCU has spent a decade/18 films building its characters so that even casual fans have a passing awareness of what's going on.

Justice League is most comparable to The Avengers (2012), but even that rings false when you look at how the universes had been structured before the "big team-up" film.

#7 Posted by Richubs (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all.

Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash were already very thin as characters.

Adding Green Lantern would mean less screen time for all of them and that'd result in even thinner characters.

#8 Posted by Outside_85 (23462 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Because it would still be engulfed in the mess that was Snyder leaving and Whedon taking over along with WB's interference.

#9 Posted by RabumAlal (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Yeah but no one watched Cap 1, Thor 1 or the Incredible Hulk. They still managed a perfect movie compared to the JL.

#10 Posted by King-Ragnar (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#11 Posted by Supermanthor (5526 posts) - - Show Bio

that would make jl a bigger mess than it already is

#12 Posted by rogueshadow (28829 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Yeah but no one watched Cap 1, Thor 1 or the Incredible Hulk. They still managed a perfect movie compared to the JL.

I mean, no one is an exageration, those film still made money and were well-received, contributing to the success of the Avengers. But I didn't comment on that, just that when you look at how the universes had been structured before the "big team-up" film, there were still stark differences.

#13 Posted by Mrnoital (7631 posts) - - Show Bio

it would've been better if it were made by only 1 director and had a more unified vision

and I would've let Aquaman have his movie first, Green Lantern coming in and quickly saying he's a space cop is fine and can be fleshed out in his own movie later

#14 Posted by Tomkatie (2909 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not, but it would have made for some good Flash-Green Lantern banter instead of freaking brunch rants

#15 Posted by StormShadow_X (15618 posts) - - Show Bio

No but if it was a good enough potryal of Hal I would of liked it more than it deserves

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#16 Posted by TheInsufferable (2581 posts) - - Show Bio

They did show a Green Lantern, just a very useless one.

#17 Edited by SLiMmcl (844 posts) - - Show Bio

"The movie overall didn't have enough characters, and Infinity War proved a superhero flick can work with over 20. GL shouldn't have been left out, and it would actually be pretty easy to bring him in. He could just show up in the climax or something."

20 developed characters with over 10 years in movies/build up.

Quality is Better than Quantity.

Even Infinity War is crap as its own movie. Unless you know at least the basics of MCU you will not understand ANYTHING of that film. Besides, "Oh look spiderman" you know what I mean.

MCU had quantity sure but alot of it was also good quality. If things arent given any context its pretty much a room full of peters with 1 superhero.

No Caption Provided