would hulk shield throw decapiate dceu superman?

• 124 results
organic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll would hulk shield throw decapiate dceu superman? (68 votes)

yes 38%
no 62%
i cant answer ,because it doesn't support my head-canon. 3%
HULK  You're tiny Avenger! Hulk throws a shield that nearly decapitates Thor.  THOR  What, are you crazy?( imdb offical script) 
 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-635a8f29e06c3
deactivated-635a8f29e06c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt that random shield is stronger than steppenwolf's electro-axe. Also that script might just be a humourous hyperbole, no way thor is getting decapitated by that, i think.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow another pathetic lowball attempt

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. But further solidifies how terrible Thor's piercing durability is, lmao.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilambda said:

Doubt that random shield is stronger than steppenwolf's electro-axe. Also that script might just be a humourous hyperbole, no way thor is getting decapitated by that, i think.

Except Thor later says in the movie that Hulk could have killed him with that.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@ilambda said:

Except Thor later says in the movie that Hulk could have killed him with that.

inconsistency in mcu is nothing new. But if I'm not wrong, cv holds feats above statements. So bifrost feats trumps this, or the shield throw is actually powerful enough which would only add to hulk's strength

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@darkthunder: Bifrost feat isn't a durability feat.

it is....

That thinking lead to the idea of sticking a head into the edge of the Bifrost. When that happens, the head and bodies are hit with a barrage of Bifrost crystal shapes.“It’s almost like their bodies become like an umbrella in a huge shower of crystal shards,” adds Morrison. “It starts feeling violent, and I kind of knew that the sound guys at Skywalker would be able to run with something like that and give us a really quite immersive experience.”

“We tried shafts of light but it did not feel dangerous or exciting enough,” adds Burnheim, in terms of what Rising Sun Pictures devised for the shards. “We also tried a splash as if someone fell from a boat and hit the water at high speed but when simulating at the correct speed became messy and confused the story.We finally settled on a shattering effect which tied into some of the refractive nature that we had built into our initial look of the Bifrost. We played with speed, size of the shards and the lighting influences our characters had on their surroundings to give us the final look.”

confirmed by ragnarok VFX supervisor

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: I put script and what we see in movie above what a VFX guy said, but that's me.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@darkthunder: I put script and what we see in movie above what a VFX guy said, but that's me.

the VFX supervisor only confirmed the bifrost was shards, the feat itself is in the movie

GreyTheJiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one in MCU has the sheer strength to deal any kind of damage to Superman.

He can take Thanoscopter's attacks without a scratch.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcu Thor has better durability than Dceu Superman so anything that hurts Thor will hurt Superman.

legend531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

Mcu Thor has better durability than Dceu Superman so anything that hurts Thor will hurt Superman.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

the VFX supervisor only confirmed the bifrost was shards, the feat itself is in the movie

Which goes directly against the script that says always says bifrost is energy. Not to mention, people get in and walk out of bifrost, so unless everyone who did that had ridiculous durability, it doesn't even make sense logically.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@darkthunder said:
@rbt said:

Which goes directly against the script that says always says bifrost is energy. Not to mention, people get in and walk out of bifrost, so unless everyone who did that had ridiculous durability, it doesn't even make sense logically.

screenshot of that please?

and what? The VFX supervisor said the bifrost light things were shards. No one gets in and out of those, thy surrounds the characters who use it

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder:

Will post them if I find them.

and what? The VFX supervisor said the bifrost light things were shards. No one gets in and out of those, thy surrounds the characters who use it

People walk out of bifrost barrier all the time when they reach their destination.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it was about to decap Thor, it would decap Superman easier.

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@darkthunder:

People walk out of bifrost barrier all the time when they reach their destination.

I mean those super shards hit the ground all the time

OT: Bounces off him and cuts Hulk in half(jk)

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

@byondeon said:

If it was about to decap Thor, it would decap Superman easier.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baalhaddad:

I mean those super shards hit the ground all the time

Star level earth of course.

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Nah the area that tanks the beam is star level putting the entire planet at galaxy, it all makes sense now

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@darkthunder:

but they never hit the shards. They never go near the birost shardss

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder:

Wdym they never go near the shrads? The shrads are the bifrost barrier, right? Then how come fodder Asgardians can casually walk out of an active Biforst with absolutely no damage to them, their suit or their weapons?

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@darkthunder:

Wdym they never go near the shrads? The shrads are the bifrost barrier, right? Then how come fodder Asgardians can casually walk out of an active Biforst with absolutely no damage to them, their suit or their weapons?

Shhhh Eredin will say that's a feat for them so just ignore the obvious limitations we've seen from them

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baalhaddad:

Shhhh Eredin will say that's a feat for them so just ignore the obvious limitations we've seen from them

Oh no.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanks it, ez.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Darkthunder

@rbt said:

@darkthunder:

wdym? when did they walk out of birost?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@darkthunder: Watch Bor vs Malekith.

There's a difference between walking through the Bifrost in mid-travel and moving through it once it's reached its destination.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Darkthunder

@rbt said:

There's a difference between walking through the Bifrost in mid-travel and moving through it once it's reached its destination.

this

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn said:
@rbt said:

this

So, let me guess, biforst is energy when people are getting into it to be teleported, becomes solid crystal shards mid transit and then transforms back into energy again once people reach their destination? Damn, that's a lot of transformations.

10/10 logic.

I know someone who would be proud of this flawless argument.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@darkthunder said:
@breakofdawn said:
@rbt said:

this

So, let me guess, biforst is energy when people are getting into it to be teleported, becomes solid crystal shards mid transit and then transforms back into energy again once people reach their destination? Damn, that's a lot of transformations.

10/10 logic.

it was retconned I guess. That's the only explanation. In the same movie it cut the dragons head off

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it would’ve killed Thor, it would kill Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@darkthunder said:
@breakofdawn said:
@rbt said:

this

10/10 logic.

Your sarcasm needs work. A lot of work. Nor was it necessary, here.

But no, that's not what I was saying:

That thinking lead to the idea of sticking a head into the edge of the Bifrost. When that happens, the head and bodies are hit with a barrage of Bifrost crystal shapes. “It’s almost like their bodies become like an umbrella in a huge shower of crystal shards,” adds Morrison. “It starts feeling violent, and I kind of knew that the sound guys at Skywalker would be able to run with something like that and give us a really quite immersive experience.”

The change was made for the sake of visual effects. Have a problem with it? Take it up with the Ragnarok VFX team. But yes: there is a clear difference between the visual effects when leaving the Bifrost mid-transit and leaving it once you've landed in the dimension:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

One passes through it seamlessly, the other causes shards to splinter off, and a hole to form temporarily in the Bifrost:

No Caption Provided

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder:

it was retconned I guess. That's the only explanation. In the same movie it cut the dragons head off

No, it wasn't. Bifrost has been cutting shit up since Thor TDK. When it cut part of a car. That doesn't happen just because the bifrost hit it. Bifrost hits ground as well and doesn't ever damage it.

Dragon's head was inside the bifrost and the teleportation started. So, it teleported everything inside the bifrost(its head) and left everything out of it(its body).

The only way bifrost would be a feat for Thor is if he was partially in and partially out of the bifrost when the teleportation began. If that happens, he'd be chopped off like Wong chopped off Cull's hand.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn:

Well, my sarcasm needs work. Your debating does. We all have our flaws.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@breakofdawn:

Well, my sarcasm needs work. Your debating does. We all have our flaws.

Charming.

Your weird aggressive attitude aside (I don't actually know what your problem is), If you'd like an IU explanation: it's possible that the Bifrost uses energy to pass through the barriers between dimensions. To do so, it also takes on a physical form to "punch" through these barriers. Does it make sense? No, not really. Does it change the fact that it's a feat for Thor? No.

I'd also remind you that the Bifrost has been far from consistent.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@darkthunder:

No, it wasn't. Bifrost has been cutting shit up since Thor TDK. When it cut part of a car. That doesn't happen just because the bifrost hit it. Bifrost hits ground as well and doesn't ever damage it.

Dragon's head was inside the bifrost and the teleportation started. So, it teleported everything inside the bifrost(its head) and left everything out of it(its body).

then why weren't the asgardians in Bor v Malekith get chopped off?

The only way bifrost would be a feat for Thor is if he was partially in and partially out of the bifrost when the teleportation began. If that happens, he'd be chopped off like Wong chopped off Cull's hand.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tanks it

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RBT

@darkthunder:

The way I see it, bifrost beam does no damage to anyone, obviously. You walk inside the bifrost, wait for a couple of seconds and then the teleportation starts. That's the only time bifrsot "chops" things. If something was partially in and partially out when the teleportation began, then they get chopped clean off. Like the car did. Or the dragon did. That's how people can safely get inside and out through the beam with absolutely zero damage.

If Thor was standing inside the bifrost with his arms stretched outside of it and then the bifrost started teleportation, you don't think he'd lose his arm? I think he would.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@darkthunder:

The way I see it, bifrost beam does no damage to anyone, obviously. You walk inside the bifrost, wait for a couple of seconds and then the teleportation starts. That's the only time bifrsot "chops" things. If something was partially in and partially out when the teleportation began, then they get chopped clean off. Like the car did. Or the dragon did. That's how people can safely get inside and out through the beam with absolutely zero damage.

If Thor was standing inside the bifrost with his arms stretched outside of it and then the bifrost started teleportation, you don't think he'd lose his arm? I think he would.

complete headcanon. Its a clear retcon. Ragnarok retconned a lot in the dark world, and clearly the intent was making this a durability feat. Intent matters

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No,supes is garbage but he still survives it anyway.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup

His head is coming off instantly

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder:

complete headcanon. Its a clear retcon. Ragnarok retconned a lot in the dark world, and clearly the intent was making this a durability feat. Intent matters

So, that's you final argument? That nothing which happened before Ragnarok matters?

Any reason why the Ragnarok script calls it a beam?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ecdb28037bb
deactivated-60ecdb28037bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes should tank lol

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor took MFTL crystals in the same movie, so it decaps Clark.