Would Black Widow work better as a show on Disney+ than a movie?

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would Black Widow work better as a show on Disney+ than a movie? (25 votes)

Yes, a show would be better 40%
No, a movie is fine 52%
I don't care either way 8%
No Caption Provided

I know that a Black Widow film is all but confirmed now but I just think that a show on Disney+ would make more sense as most people, especially the casual moviegoers, wouldn't care to go see a prequel film about a character who's dead in the main MCU timeline. Also, I don't think a single film can do her character justice and I doubt that Marvel would consider making a sequel to a prequel about a fallen Avenger unless the first film is a huge success. She has so much backstory that can't be crammed in a span of a single movie. But if it's a show, they can deal with her origin in the first season, her red room training, her life as a KGB agent, her confrontation with Barton and her transition from a Soviet agent to a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and then follow it up in the second season with Natasha as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent on top secret missions around the globe culminating in her face-off with Bucky which was alluded to in TWS. And then in S3, we can have Budapest because I don't want what happened in Budapest to stay in Budapest. There's just so many stories to be told here that I think that show format would benefit her character more.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ce9caa16188f
deactivated-5ce9caa16188f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no there needs to be more female led solo movies (I am not Counting Captain marvel because she's not feminine enough ) We need a female led movie where the character acts like a real woman and deals with female problems.As a woman myself Natasha is probably the most powerful female character mcu has (Emotion wise) and i feel that a TV show wouldn't work.People don't understand that we need a goodbye to her character and the mcu really let me down when they didn't give her a proper goodbye.What really makes me mad is that she had to die for a male character just like Gamora so sad that marvel doesn't focus on their og female character instead their pushing a character like carol danvers that's is blank as a pierce of paper

Edit : Stop wanting Bucky in her movie because it's her time to shine with no other characters.How would you feel if a character like tony had to share their movie or show with Captain marvel like lollllllll

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avengersfemales: I don't think Natasha or Gamora is ever gonna be feminine like Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avengersfemales:

So far we've had no focus on Clint.

However Natasha has had a lot of screen time.

Same for Gamora as she's been very important in GOTG.

Thanos was only in 2 movies.

I isn't see how they're not focused upon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Let's look at Natasha character flaws

1.She has always been glued to other male characters like Captain America,Iron man,Hawkeye,Hulk she never had her own plot like seriously

2.They cut out all of her scences in Avengers endgame

3.Hawkeye was ruined when they let him have a family lol

Now for Gamora

1.She had a lack of action scenes in gotg vol 2

2.She is always relays on starlord

I am not mad that gamora died because at least they give her enough dept as a character and her bond with Thanos was amazing while Natasha was treated like a after thought i was expecting a for Nat scence in the final battle but no...

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marvelx13

@avengersfemales: You're ignorant. Go log into tumblr or my recommendation, go to a gym. You women are all the same with your constant petty nitpicking and shadiness towards people for being male lmao

I know you lost your shit and started tearing up when the female avengers lined up in Endgame LOL

P.S Black Widow was never a strong character until Endgame made her out of character so people would care about her death but that majority failed

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Richubs

@avengersfemales:

She's always been a side character that's why obviously.

It's not as if as a side character her role was disrespectful. She was always great. She had one of the best scenes in Endgame.

Gamora doesn't rely on Star Lord at all. She had great fight scenes with Nebula as well.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Marvelx13

@richubs: Notice how she didn't counter anything you said because she couldn't but instead goes on to talk about flaws of male dependency? Don't lose brain cells over this, feminists aren't worth it.

Hawkeye needed to live for his character,redemption, and just makes sense, that's obvious to anyone but a feminist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: i love when i make people think

Edit : And while we're on the topic of Tumblr go check it out there's a lot of female inspired stories (I don't really care what you think of me because we have our own opinions on some stuff and if you don't think a woman should have their own opinion then that's your problem dear)

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: Ok stop with the jokes lol

I am not joking. Thor, Tony, Scott, Clint, Rocket are more feminine than Natasha. Physically she is feminine but mentally and personality wise most other Avengers are more feminine behavior than her. Plus she is infertile.

Well Captain Marvel had good chemistry with Nick Fury in CM movie, CM will get along fine with Tony. Sadly it never gonna happen even though we still got Strange,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Actually that's why she actually needs a solo movie because she was always on the side lines.Thanks for making actually sense unlike someone who replied to me

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12 krisbishop  Moderator

MCU needs a good solo female led movie.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avengersfemales: Side characters are on the sidelines for the most part, genius. Hawkeye is getting an entire show so eat that, a male getting more hours of screentime over a female WAHHHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turning out to be a 10/10 thread this is.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avengersfemales: Oh snap! Well... It's a about a female being forced to take a male's mantle hahahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
deactivated-5cf823e3012e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would work better as a show, but I think they can pull the movie off.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I don't think a show is better than a film here. If we're to explore different parts of her past, they could always work on a trilogy, which is the traditional approach to the heroes of the MCU. That said, I'm still not 100% sold on it being a prequel. It's obviously going to explore her past a lot, the character has a very, very rich backstory, but I honestly have no idea what they're planning to do with her after EG. I think that was a beautiful final character arc for her personally, and I wouldn't want them to waste it by resurrecting a-la-comicbook, but they seem to have teased something to me, which can work as both a prequel and some other sequel-like-mumbo-jumbo-where-Natasha-never-actually-died because of the introduction of the Multiverse and the time travel BS. Apparently, she didn't know about her father's name when Red Skull mentioned it on Vormir, and I'm more than sure that name wasn't random either, it was actually her adoptive father in the 616, whom she was forced to kill. That could be a tie in to her solo. Either way, make with the film, cause I can't picture Scarlett Johansson agreeing to do television.

As for wanting to know what happened in Budapest, looks like they're going to incorporate that into the story after-all: https://hnentertainment.co/marvels-solo-black-widow-movie-expected-to-shoot-scenes-in-hungary/

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no there needs to be more female led solo movies (I am not Counting Captain marvel because she's not feminine enough ) We need a female led movie where the character acts like a real woman and deals with female problems.As a woman myself Natasha is probably the most powerful female character mcu has (Emotion wise) and i feel that a TV show wouldn't work.People don't understand that we need a goodbye to her character and the mcu really let me down when they didn't give her a proper goodbye.What really makes me mad is that she had to die for a male character just like Gamora so sad that marvel doesn't focus on their og female character instead their pushing a character like carol danvers that's is blank as a pierce of paper

Edit : Stop wanting Bucky in her movie because it's her time to shine with no other characters.How would you feel if a character like tony had to share their movie or show with Captain marvel like lollllllll

A two minute fight scene won't hurt anyone.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@bleidd:

Oh I've never seen these rumors before, honestly sounds like a bad idea to me. The one thing I kept saying since the initial reports regarding the movie was that it should not take place during her time as a fugitive after the accords. It doesn't even make sense. At that point in time she had already visited her parents(' graves apparently) back in Russia, and was at a time where they were all teamed up and focused on the Avengers as a team. In order for a BW solo to work for me, there needs to be a specific amount of time where she is outside the Avengers' circle. The KGB, or even SHIELD are both far better choices to base a solo on in the timeline IMO. Not a time where literally all of Team Cap seems to be a priority in her life (basically ever since 2015). I doubt these rumors are true.

They could always go down the road of a sequel/modern day story with repeated flashbacks of her past, and say two stories at once. Depending on the direction, this could be either excellent or mediocre though.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is a serious low budget R-rated spy thriller too much to ask?

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is a serious low budget R-rated spy thriller too much to ask?

It's Disney, so yes.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After what happened to her in endgame, I don’t really care about seeing anything from her. What’s the point. I hate prequels. There is almost 0 tension. You know the character can’t die. It’s also just rehashing old stuff, too but in more detail

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

nah she is ok

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would work better as a Disney Plus prequel movie instead of long series. It would get more hype for sure and I'd definitely subscribe.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so, considering that she should get an R rating, so.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, yes, I would rather just see a Disney+ show than a movie. I'm just not that interested in a full movie about her.

FirstFirmament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of if it's a show or movie, we must see Budapest.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Yeah sort of suck that they kill Natasha like that in EG, especially when they never really delve to her character that much and was only really utilized well in Winter Soldier and Avenger. I say give her the god damn movie, but I guess a tv show can work especially if Clint is there.