Worst Series? Boruto or Dragon Ball GT

• 51 results
Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Poll Worst Series? Boruto or Dragon Ball GT (66 votes)

Dragon Ball GT 32%
Boruto 68%

Both are considered let downs by their respective fan base.

Which is worst?

And should Kishimoto reboot Naruto sequel to something completely different then Boruto series like Toriyama did with Super?

• 
Dangannopoopoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dangannopoopoo

Naruto should've just ended with him becoming Hokage.

Dragon Ball should've ended with the Frieza or Cell arc and Gohan becoming earth's reluctant protector.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Both, but eh I'll say GT and cut Boruto some slack.

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT easily

It has it's good points ( Like Super Saiyan 4, Baby and the Tuffles, Return of Gogeta, etc )

But Boruto Manga is actually awesome ( Naruto and Sasuke vs Momoshiki, vs Jigen, Delta, Kawaki character, Otsutsuki Lore, etc...... )

And the Anime is a sort of 50/50 thing

It's had it's good and bad

It's still all canon either way though whether you like it or not

SmokerNaruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT i could watch and not getting bored

Boruto i saw like 10 episodes and i stopped its so damn bad..

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot Take: GT is the best Dragon Ball series

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boreruto

Avatar image for deactivated-61919ebe21493
deactivated-61919ebe21493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto the manga isn't bad.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto at least GT have more good things than boring things

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both are the boring china version of the original.

i want ppl to debate which is better so i can have a laugh.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Boruto anime made me want to sue Amazon or Hulu (whichever one it was) for making it available for streaming, but I also found out that the Boruto manga was quite different, and imo quite enjoyable. GT is just the throes of a series that refuses to die.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

I rather watch boruto than gt. Gt has some good shit in it but it’s consistently more boring for me

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Boruto is really comparable to GT?

Damn!

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Kishimoto isn't even writing Boruto if I'm not mistaking.

So, yeah.

If it's that much of a let down, Kishimoto should label Boruto as Non Canon and redo the whole thing.

Everybody wins. The universe saved.

Avatar image for deactivated-63055bfdc9157
deactivated-63055bfdc9157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Naruto's son's name should be Jiraya Uzumaki. : )

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT and it's not close. Boruto is an enjoyable series, it's not bad at all.

ChaosReigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still kinda find boruto enjoyable so i'd say GT.

Gokukid2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto is pretty good imo. I haven't watched GT though

A lot of people complained about Naruto not fleshing out most of it's cast but when Boruto does that exact thing people hate on it... The anime is doing the main story but it's taking the time to build it's cast and is actually giving them a fleshed out personality and story. Some people didn't get that treatment in Naruto (Tenten, Kiba, Shino, Kankuro etc).

If you want the main story - Monthly Manga

If you want character building and explanations for some events - Anime

There are characters that just aren't in the manga for some reason and Sumire was just put in the story and made references to the anime that manga only's won't understand.

Anyway, I still need to watch GT but because I like the theme song I'm gonna vote Boruto to be worse lol

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one with this guy, is better IMO.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto manga is good, the anime is hit and miss.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bossmountain

GT is the worst!

The first 16 of GT are unwatchable! Super 17 arc is also terrible though it that was only 6 episode of garbage.

shadow dragon arc only becomes interesting at the half way point.

the ending was nice. but still a terrible overall experience.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT is better than Boruto, on account of me not giving Boruto a watch.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot Take: GT is the best Dragon Ball series

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT

Asurakj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto as it actually destroys all previous characters. It feels like a bleach fan decided to make the story of Naruto and you see the result.

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto clearly

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m glad people see my perspective and that Boruto is offically the GT for Naruto

Avatar image for deactivated-61f5980176f9f
deactivated-61f5980176f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto is a piece of shit and a trash anime. I wouldn't let my kids watch that shit since it will damage their brain cells. Boruto should've died a long time ago and deserves to be forgotten. Like seriously who wants to see a stupid brat who is a weak fodder compared to ben 10?

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JuzaCloud

Dragon Ball GT wasn't event that bad. It was well animated, had interesting characters and designs. The only problem I had with GT was the fights lacked the intensity of DBZ.

Boruto is worse.

ps4gamerdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wushu59: So what if the sequel is based on the next generation? That's just the natural flow of things. Tite Kubo followed the same logic in Bleach. Everyone was alright with this epilogue, and apparently, new chapters where the main cast is grown and has children of his own (and still fighting hollows and the like).
https://bleach.fandom.com/wiki/Ichigo_Kurosaki#Echoing_Jaws_of_Hell_arc

ps4gamerdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly. Can't argue with the GT's ending (a highlight of all the greatest moments from DB up to that point). And that first episode of Boruto, which left us in with a cliffhanger in what appears to be like in the far-off future Boruto.

GT easily

It has it's good points ( Like Super Saiyan 4, Baby and the Tuffles, Return of Gogeta, etc )

But Boruto Manga is actually awesome ( Naruto and Sasuke vs Momoshiki, vs Jigen, Delta, Kawaki character, Otsutsuki Lore, etc...... )

And the Anime is a sort of 50/50 thing

It's had it's good and bad

It's still all canon either way though whether you like it or not

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are not very good in general IMO, but Dragon ball GT was more consistent not saying that it was good but at least entertaining, but Boruto when it's bad it's REALLY BAD! but the few good episodes so far are very very good

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have seen a few of Boruto, but, GT is slightly better.

Pr03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT is worser from writing perspective.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto should've just ended with him becoming Hokage.

Dragon Ball should've ended with the Frieza or Cell arc and Gohan becoming earth's reluctant protector.

Naruto is a train wreck of a series when you look at it's theme. It's about some annoying kid who wishes to become hokage for selfish reasons, who is a sucky fighter that only gets saved due a super powered demon inside him/being born to Super powered clan and is intolerant to any apposing viewpoints. Yeah, worse main character ever.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Antebellum

#BorutoIsAMistake

Everyone know it.

KaiserRebellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto is only worse because its actually canon. We know Gt isnt part of the main continuity

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RDCDesmond

@harrynorine: It’s kind of great.

The series is mythical itself and gives nods to famous mythology creatures such as 9 tails and other godzilla size creatures. It also has multiple interesting characters like Orochimaru, Itachi, Sasuke, Madada, Minato, which all have seperate fanbase from Naruto himself, and who could all carry a entire arc and it would still be great if the writer wanted. Like naruto has multiple characters not just himself who are decent much better backstories than a lot in manga for those times.

They tackle the whole real life hate cycle as well.

He also gains sage mode as well to compensate for not using the 9 tails but they ultimately needed to work together which brings the closure of the hate cycle.

Him being feared and hated by his village from a young age should’ve logically changed him bad and cold. The little bonds he finally did have he tried to hold on to which is logical. You don’t want to lose something you never had your whole childhood. But him having a goal and striving for that through the darkness is also inspiring, like a never give up memo...He also has this power to change and understand a villain perspective. And is a decent not too complexed guy to understand unlike Eren.

But as far as Boruto....

Yeah it’s not on par with Naruto Shippuden

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harrynorine: It’s kind of great.

The series is mythical itself and gives nods to famous mythology creatures such as 9 tails and other godzilla size creatures. It also has multiple interesting characters like Orochimaru, Itachi, Sasuke, Madada, Minato, which all have seperate fanbase from Naruto himself, and who could all carry a entire arc and it would still be great if the writer wanted. Like naruto has multiple characters not just himself who are decent much better backstories than a lot in manga for those times.

They tackle the whole real life hate cycle as well.

He also gains sage mode as well to compensate for not using the 9 tails but they ultimately needed to work together which brings the closure of the hate cycle.

Him being feared and hated by his village from a young age should’ve logically changed him bad and cold. The little bonds he finally did have he tried to hold on to which is logical. You don’t want to lose something you never had your whole childhood. But him having a goal and striving for that through the darkness is also inspiring, like a never give up memo...He also has this power to change and understand a villain perspective. And is a decent not too complexed guy to understand unlike Eren.

But as far as Boruto....

Yeah it’s not on par with Naruto Shippuden

All these characters are far more interesting than naruto yet we get way less screen time with them for the sake of showing us whiny Naruto who again is a horrible main character when we get right down to it. Also paying homage to mystical Japanese mythology is not a ground breaking thing as many other manga artist have done so in the past. And while we have interesting and noteworthy role model characters like Rock lee in the series, these characters often get sidelined to show us the semi-gay love relationship between naruto and sasuke.

They don't really tackle the whole real life hate cycle as naruto basically is born with a spoon in his mouth to a super powerful clan and the 3rd hokage/and his dad basically protected him from being attacked by villages. Naruto really did not experience real hatred and ostracization from society.

Again naruto was born with a super powered fox and was a member of a super powered clan that had wide reserve of chakra. He also was a reincarnation of a super powerful ninja god's son which again makes him a very piss poor an uninspiring main character when compared to say Goku who starts out from poor beginnings and works his ass off to get to where he is today (pre-DB Super).

And overall, naruto is a whiny little asshole who pranked people to get attention and only became hokage so he can be acknowledge by everyone in the village. He does not do it for altruistic reason and throughout the entire arc we see him shit on other people's belief and force his way of thinking onto them via beating them into submission until they see it his way. Naruto is a plain up asshole.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least GT tried

DragonoidPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Misclicked on GT, Boruto is worse. I actually really like GT

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harrynorine: I mean your problem seems to stem for Naruto as a whole not just boruto lol you are allowed your opinion

But Naruto verse is pretty mystical and great background stories. Even if naruto was never your fav back then there were a ton of characters people still were die hard fans for.

Naruto did physically train and get stronger to the point his sage mode could lift and toss the Kurama although we know even half of Kurama was stronger, Sm at least was powerful enough to get to Kage tier without Kurama power. He had to work hard to obtain Spsm.

Also Goku was born via being a saiyan and has a 10 x increase everytime he looks at the moon regardless. Thats huge advantage. Not to mention broke his limitations for saiyans by gaining multipliers with Kaio Ken, which no one else in series got like tien, Yamcha, and krillin received even though they all died and would’ve had potential to receive and learn same abilities as Goku which could’ve been useful Him not being only character that knows Spirit Bomb/Kaio Ken. Piccolo was a huge character but also treated like a side line later where they only focused on Goku and Vegeta.

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I prefer Dragonball GT , they actually had cool ideas even if poorly executed Cool ideas , such as the consequences of overusing Dragonballs , or Super Saiyan IV and then the Ending which is a complete Tearjerker

Boruto's good moments come on characters of the past as well as its emotional Scenes ( Kurama's Death for one ) and I don't like Either any of the newer Concepts or Execution .

So Dragonball GT for me .

Avatar image for deactivated-633515ca77612
deactivated-633515ca77612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto is worse

DonCisco142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.
Damn, I legit LoL'd and then felt bad and then lol'd some more.

Mamba23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burrito

UED_Deus_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Ball GT is convoluted but not in a good way. The story contradicts a lot of the main canon of Z and the power scaling is all over the place. Only watchable part is the main arc and that's it.

I don't even think that DBGT knew what it wanted to be. The one main thing that I do commend was the ending since it was a good recap of the whole story as a whole.

Boruto is still being made but at least tries to be its own thing by adding different elements.

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boruto