Worst Sci-Fi Film - Alien 3 or The Cloverfield Paradox?

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Worst Sci-Fi Film - Alien 3 or The Cloverfield Paradox? (10 votes)

Alien 3 0%
The Cloverfield Paradox 70%
Both 30%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Which is Sci-Fi film is much worse?

• 
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alien 3 is worse relative to the other movies in the franchise, but The Cloverfield Paradox is worse overall.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@assemblesquad: Stop those stupid threads please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alien3 is among the best Sci-Fi horror movie, why put it in such a thread ! Do you want to get banned ?? If you had says Alien II or IV, I might of understood.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Alien 3 is not the best film, I know it has some iconic scenes but the whole movie was mediocre.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Alien 3 is not the best film, I know it has some iconic scenes but the whole movie was mediocre.

I never sayd it was the best, I just sayd is far far away from the worst.
And it has more that iconics scenes. It's perfectly directed. The suspens and horror is here at the right amount. The movements of the Alien are very well managed with sweet go-motion technique. The plot is well, so are the dialogues and the acting is perfect.
It's got a Riddley Scott feel to it, I don't see how you can find it bad.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By assemblesquad

@jb681131: I kinda agree but Alien 3 is not on par with the masterpiece "Aliens". Aliens is like T2 Judgement Day (Two James Cameron's masterpieces), whereas Alien 3 is kinda like Terminator 3 or Salvation.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mrmonster: <<< what this guy said. The opening of Alien 3 killed the franchise for me. I will never forgive or acknowledge it or consequently IV. However, as a stand alone movie, Cloverfield 3 is worse.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: I kinda agree but Alien 3 is not on par with the masterpiece "Aliens". Aliens is like T2 Judgement Day (Two James Cameron's masterpieces), whereas Alien 3 is kinda like Terminator 3 or Salvation.

What !!! Aliens by Cameron is big miss. It a big shame on the Alien serie. He plagiarized Starship Troopers. No innovation in the scenario. Hundreds of sci-fi novels have the same ideas. It's in no way like T2 !

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:
@assemblesquad said:

What !!! Aliens by Cameron is big miss. It a big shame on the Alien serie. He plagiarized Starship Troopers. No innovation in the scenario. Hundreds of sci-fi novels have the same ideas. It's in no way like T2 !

How is Aliens is a big miss and shame on the franchise? And you think Alien 3 is better than Aliens?

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jb681131

@jb681131 said:
@assemblesquad said:

How is Aliens is a big miss and shame on the franchise? And you think Alien 3 is better than Aliens?

Of course it's better. Just read my previous posts.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:
@assemblesquad said:
@jb681131 said:
@assemblesquad said:

I saw it already. And quick question: What's your criticisms for Aliens (1986)?

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:
@assemblesquad said:
@jb681131 said:
@assemblesquad said:

I saw it already. And quick question: What's your criticisms for Aliens (1986)?

You saw it alread by you are still asking ! But I will repeat :

He plagiarized Starship Troopers. No innovation in the scenario. Hundreds of sci-fi novels have the same ideas.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By assemblesquad

@jb681131: Starship Troopers was kind of like a parody of other Sci-Fi films.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Starship Troopers was kind of like a parody of other Sci-Fi films.

Ok but why dit Aliens 3 kinda copied Starship Troopers ?

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By assemblesquad

@jb681131: Alien movies was made before Starship Troopers.

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ninetoadclown

@assemblesquad:

There are these things called books.

Starship Troopers was published in 1959.

The book was written in like 2 weeks as was not that great but it is a classic for some reason.

Also soldiers fighting aliens is not exactly owned as a concept by certain series or anything.

Aliens was a great movie just based on characterization alone.

Within 5 mins of meeting the squad in the film you already get a sense of each of them as an individual and their attitudes.

Also Alien 3 had an amazing script initially, but it was made just as a huge writer strike happened and the budget was cut to 1/3 of what it was supposed to be so they just had to throw something together.