Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By clemj

@god_spawn:

damn right

@rideaspacecowboy: I actually think Bachalo can be a really good artist. His style did take me a bit getting used to, but his art style changes a bit depending on the context of the story. Like, I hated his stuff in X-Men vol 3 and WatXM. But his stuff like Steampunk, Shade, Death, or his recent work in Uncanny X-Men is pretty damn good.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: what he did with the joker on batman and robin was impressive still

Avatar image for yungkingblackbolt
YUNGKINGBLACKBOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No one's gonna mention Howard Porter?

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It seems like many people simply don't get Liefeld style. His style is big and all over the place he has never said that he wanted it to be realistic or that he wanted to have the size of a character to be the same in every picture. Does those cable drawing works as by themselves? Yes they do. Do the hold up to if needs to have the same size. The funny thing is that people want to have realism to day. But that was no way the style of the 90's. You may not like the style. Also Rob Liefeld has never said he was the best. What he has spoked against was that the creators didn't get enough credit for creating characters mainly at Marvel. Liiefeld thinks that Marvel should be more willing to say this idea come for this person and that person and is not an "Marvel Idea". The funny thing was when Liefeld went all rampage at DC people was think "yeah whatever Liefeld" but when other people mentioned the same problems at Liefeld did with DC then there was a huge problem. The easiest is to hate on Liefeld you might not like his style but blaming his style for not being realistic is simply not understanding his style.

Avatar image for supermechadeathchrist
SuperMechaDeathChrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roger Langridge is a lesser known artist, but if you saw it, you'd know why. He usually sticks to comic strips, but he has done actual books as well. It looks like something out of a web-comic rather than an actual published book.

Rangerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there are worst artists. Perhaps there are artists who do habitually bad art. This is because they take a lot of shortcuts. But indeed, Rob Liefield fits that, as seen in that overbulged Captain America drawing. But I guess everyone has had their day.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve Dillon, I'm reading Wolverine Origins right now and his art makes it really hard to look past.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liefeld & Dillon are pretty bad and so consistent with it that I've started to wonder if its not their so called 'style' because you can't draw that bad year after year unless its a constant effort to do so.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread needs more pictures/examples.

No Caption Provided

My pick is definitely Humberto Ramos. He's not the worst, but since I read Ultimate Spider-Man, and Amazing Spider-Man avidly, I have to pick him. The art contrast is ridiculous. I can get lost in the outstanding art of Mark Bagley, Sara Pichelli, and David Marquez when I read Ultimate Spider-Man, but then I go back to Amazing Spider-Man and it just doesn't feel authentic.

To be honest though, I don't really mind at this point. Humberto Ramos' art matches Dan Slott's writing when it comes to Spidey; something I just cannot take seriously.

RustyGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By RustyGates
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Erica Henderson faces. Nuff said.

ILikeBigTits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@wolverine08: Ithink HUBERTO is worse. But they are both just awful

Wtf, how is Humberto worse than Liefeld? He isn't bad at all.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Gotta give a nod to Chris Samme (sp?) his faces are mere ovals with a few lines/slashes for eyes, noses and lips. His backgrounds, 90% of the time are nothing. The background is usually just a lump of orange or purple. Truthfully, the lack of background detail is problem with a lot of art today, along with lack of discernible facial features. The writing nowadays is pretty good, but this last decade has been one of the worst for art.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By HeroUp2112

@themanintheshoe: Rob Liefield is, indeed, the comic "artist" anti-messiah. You stole my answer. ;)

Torrez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Torrez

Fucking Olivier Coipel. His noses are unbearable, it's like this mf doesn't even TRY. They look like acid burn victims from the side, and it's truly disgusting. I am utterly revolted at how popular this guy is.. Are you shittin' me? Don't get me started on the exceptionally thin flat jawlines. They look terrible, especially on males. However, that aspect is bearable.

Nicola Scott: LOL, the way she draws her jaws.. They're wider than the skulls.. Don't get me started on how horrific her brows are. Looks like a Dan Jurgens knockoff, and I HATE Dan.

I also despise the way Terry Dodson draws cheekbones, and same goes for Stuart Immonen. Really hate that look from the 3/4 angle. When his lips aren't all shrivelled and flappy, and his drawings don't have bulging cheek bones, they look fine. Otherwise, Immonen's drawings are damn ugly.

R.B Silva... Dem lips, dem face shapes... Just no.......... NO. And the way he draws reflection into the eyes.. Unless they're large drawings, it looks as though they've got some sort of melanin deposits in their scleras.

Paul Gulacy. Idk man.. It's just wrong. He can't tell the difference between adults and children when drawing faces.

Jim Lee, LOLOL jk.. But if I were making a list of most hated anatomy, ignored all other things like faces, settings, expressions, ect.. He'd be in second place bellow Lefield. His drawings are badass.. But dem legs doe..

Phil Noto It's not shit, or sloppy. I just don't like bulky defined jawlines and chiselled chins on women. Also, his noses are too wide.

justinisdrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By justinisdrunk

Easy pick, but I have to say Rob Liefeld too. not only is his art terrible (and he's a colossal asshole) but all of his characters are ripoffs of other characters, and often blatantly. even Deadpool only got a soul after other writers got a hold of him.

I think Huberto Ramos is overrated but not terrible.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Rob Liefiled and Greg Land

Torrez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Torrez

Huberto Ramos' work is freaking adorable! I love it.. Idk why it's hated so much. Idk if he's among my faves, but he's in my much preferred list, I supposed.

ILikeBigTits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torrez said:

Huberto Ramos' work is freaking adorable! I love it.. Idk why it's hated so much. Idk if he's among my faves, but he's in my much preferred list, I supposed.

I grew up on his Spider-Man. I don't know how people like him can be hated so much when there's Lands and Liefelds of the world. I know art preference is subjective but some of these guys have shit preferences.

Torrez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neonindian: Haha, I agree.. Some of the most popular artists draw the ugliest faces, an vice versa. I can understand that the reason they may dislike Ramos' work is because it's very cartoon-ish, but that's kinda what comics are, really. I love a good transition of serious realism, and a more relaxed comical style. As long as the work isn't sloppy, and the faces aren't obnoxious, I'm all good.

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By DanMarshall

I can't stand looking at John Romita Jr's artwork. Is he a better artist than me absolutely but I can't read anything he's drawn for, the pictures are just to distracting to put up with its so rigid and blocky.

No Caption Provided

Frank Miller, I just don't like his artwork at all.

No Caption Provided

Humberto Ramos was one I hated but since I read Superior Spider-Man his art has grown on me.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Steve Dillion sucks.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By sinikettu

While art is often subjective some artists, like Liefeld, really are subjectively bad though even Liefeld, after decades of practice, has improved a little. Make no mistake,his art is still bad but its closer to "professional bad" than unintentionally bad that he was back in the -90's.

Then there's people like john Romita whose art isn't bad, its just so damn grotesque with those hyper-sculpted muscle groups and potato sack-Adonis characters.

MonThackma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Salvador Larocca is my least favorite right now. I am reading all of the SW books except Darth Vader because of him. Lazy smoke, no sense of movement and weight, can't draw architecture in perspective, his stormtrooper helmets are LOL jokes, and his tie fighters look wobbly and broken.

And they keep him on this title for 25 episodes.

Please make it stop.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is full of nitpicks. I don't like the way he draws noses, I don't like the hair a little bit in that panel, her art isn't perfect. Boo hoo.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO Humberto Ramos' artwork is pretty ugly. There's something about disproportionate anatomies and weird looking zombie faces that doesn't do super hero books any justice.

Soaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Soaring

Booth, Finch or Andy '5 poses' Kubert, will make me drop a book out of fear of eye aids

Same for Maleev or anyone in the 'sketchy tracers' vein - talentless hacks

Might as well throw Romita Jr in there too; he's really phoning it in for the last decade+

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a big X-Force fan back in the 90s and the Heroes Reborn Captain America made me interested in Cap who i previously thought was a super lame and outdated character. Rob Liefield does have a weird and kinda silly art-style but it's far from terrible (usually). I personally think that John Romita Jr., Ethan Van Schier and a bunch of other artists (and i mean a whole bunch) are far worse. Humberto Ramos is a good artist but it took me a while to warm up to him but his work on X-Men has been pretty good. Extraordinary X-Men, Ramos' current title that he pencils is always sold out at comic shops i go to so he must be good to somebody. And Rob Liefield was 3rd to only Jim Lee and Todd McFarlene at one point so he can't be that bad. I liked his work on Captain America personally. But i guess his artwork does have an aquired taste in the 21st century. But i still feel as if most of y'all are just hating on ol' Rob and Humberto but John Romita Jr. hella sucks, i agree

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Romite Jr.'s faces...

No Caption Provided

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rob Liefeld is the greatest artist who ever lived

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rob Liefiled. His art is an abomination. And the worst part is, he acts like he is comic book's Messiah.

Agreed my man, lmao.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people on here are mentioned in my most despised and artists category. So idk who else to pick.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Romita JR.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Romita JR.

i like his spidey stuff but overall yeah

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Tomkatie

He's by no means the worst, but I honestly can't stand the way Scott Kolins draws faces.

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By DanMarshall

I dont think Greg Capullo is bad but half of what ive seen from him is great then theres always another image that is just flat out mundane to match that cool picture for me. That is what keeps me on the fence on whether or not to get his run on Batman.

Upon further inspection its really just how he draws faces that I hate the rest is okay.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Romita's style works really well for Punisher. His art in War Zone worked great with the rest of the book.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Omg yes i actually came here just to say Ramos , his art during the civil war (2005) wolverine tie in , I cant even read it as its so bad , the way he draws wolverine its atrocious, all deformed and nasty

FelixLyons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@danmarshall: man you are crazy. Facial diversity is one of the things that almost doesn't exist in most comics nowadays and he's the one refreshment from that. He has a fantastic grip on details and anatomy, and also he can actually draw a character's face consistently, regardless of angle or what they have on their face. The way he draws Commissioner Gordon is a great example. You can readily recognize him without glasses or his moustache, and with more muscle definition. Not many artists can do that. Same goes for Bruce and the Joker. We see joker without makeup, without a face, with the red hood on, you can always tell it's him, because he always has the same facial structure that's recognizable. Capullo's work looks almost like a movie with actors in it. Concerning diversity so many artists like Jim Lee, Tony S. Daniel, Ethan Van Sciver, just have stock faces that they put on every character. I look at stuff from the justice league and almost everyone looks the same. Capullo is one of the few artists I've ever seen to make Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake look like different people. Also I'd like to complement Capullo's mastery of scene composition. A lot of artists have no continuity within fight scenes. We'll see characters punching and kicking eachother every panel, but never really see a reaction to the hits, or a movement to the fight. This happens a lot in comics where batman takes on a group of henchmen. In capullo's fight scenes, we see which enemies go down, where they are in relation to the main character and the environment, and we can piece together how the main character is moving throughout the panels. A great example is the fight in Arkham in the first issue of the new 52 batman. Give it a look and you can see what I'm talking about. Also he's a beast at architecture. I've not seen many people make Gotham City look as beautiful as Capullo.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Igor Kordey made getting through All New X-Men so difficult.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember the names of the worst comic book artists that I've seen. Liefeld is the worst big name one, but there are still quite a few no name artists that are worse than him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Das Pastoras

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torrez: Eh, I have to disagree on some of these. I love Terry Dodson and Phil Noto. In fact, Terry's art style is probably one of my all-around favorites, along with Jason Fabok and Frank Cho.

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This guy is soo darn UGLY!

IAmMorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is some atrocious art, does anyone know who drew this?

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By DanMarshall

@felixlyons: chill out fanboy I just don't like his work, get over it. God forbid someone doesn't enjoy the same things you do.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By sinikettu

As an artist, Liefeld is a legend and... Sayf, an Indonesian "new talent" who recently was sacked from Marvel for drawing fundamental Islamist-support "thumbs ups" in X-man Gold and earlier at DC's Bat girl gets my vote as a worst artist by personal views, His art was a bit stiff but otherwise fine.