Worst Avengers Run? (Jason Aaron)

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have heard of the infamous Liefeld run but was curious if there are other runs that can be considered worse than the current Jason Aaron one.

Because the current series is AWFUL. Possibly the worst Marvel series to come out in years, every issue is somehow dumber than the previous one. I though Khonshu was as bad as it could get but this new Phoenix stuff is next level stupid. So what do you think?

(Would also appreciate people to share the hate with)

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who could guess, right? Such a flawless writer...

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worst Thor run too

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mjolnir: A hammer forged by dwarves, made from the core of a dying star, somehow housing a galaxy-level storm (utterly invalidating most of Thor's previous lightning feats), and also made of moon rock.

Howard Stark: Secretly a satanist.

Namor: Suddenly much stronger and able to best Thor and IM simultaneously with ease, but still loses to a sub-Thor level character.

Thor: Apparently the Odinforce is non-existent.

Phoenix: The true protagonist of almost all of Aaron's stories.

Character development and respect: Non-existent.

Black Panther: Puts up a better fight against Khonshu than Thor or She-Hulk.

She-Hulk: Aaron's personal "don't objectify women whilst I put her in a skimpy sports bra and underwear".

Yes, just...an amazing...run.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I enjoyed God of Thunder (probably his only good work and I suspect Ribic art was sort of carrying that story too) and maybe some bits of Jane-Thor. The Valkyrie run was also off to a acceptable start. Any other characters he has tried to ruin that I can’t remember?

How long do you think we will have to suffer this run before we get a decent writer on the supposedly biggest title in Marvel?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: All points valid. I thought She-Hulk’s new look was only bothering me, why isn’t she wearing any clothes?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: God knows. Aaron lost all his brain cells years ago.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal:

His Hulk run was pretty terrible as well, no? Original Sin? lol

Jason creativity range is nothing special, (even his recent best story Gorr* was somehow inspired in Desak) but where he is really terrible is at the execution.

Avengers (1,000,000 BC) is probably the best example to describe how terrible Jason can be, Avenger Odin!?! Please...

*Despite all i still think Gorr original arcs were great... Yes the art and tone of the comic helped a lot but the story was pretty good too.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Hahaha did you read this week’s issue yet? Aaron was definitely on form with his Thor antics.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sucks aaron cant let thor go. trash after trash

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have heard of the infamous Liefeld run but was curious if there are other runs that can be considered worse than the current Jason Aaron one.

Because the current series is AWFUL. Possibly the worst Marvel series to come out in years, every issue is somehow dumber than the previous one. I though Khonshu was as bad as it could get but this new Phoenix stuff is next level stupid. So what do you think?

(Would also appreciate people to share the hate with)

Nothing will beat Avengers 200.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Was that the issue that Ms. Marvel was sexually assaulted by a being and delivers a baby? I remember reading it ages ago and it was in extreme poor taste.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Was that the issue that Ms. Marvel was sexually assaulted by a being and delivers a baby? I remember reading it ages ago and it was in extreme poor taste.

The best part is the Avengers reaction to all this.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: He retconned Thor’s axe Jarnbjorn as belonging to MCU Valkyrie this week, too.

What an absolute mad lad.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He retconned Thor’s axe Jarnbjorn as belonging to MCU Valkyrie this week, too.

?

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration said:
@rabumalal said:

He retconned Thor’s axe Jarnbjorn as belonging to MCU Valkyrie this week, too.

?

there is a new character who is a Valkyrie.

she predates even Brunnhilde and she is black, not to mention the strongest Valkyrie ever.

Jarnbjorn is her axe before Thor was even born.

not sure if it was ever stated to be forged for Thor though.

Avatar image for deactivated-601e0e634af61
deactivated-601e0e634af61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree with Mr. Aaron's run being the absolute worst. I hate what he's done with Jennifer.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@rabumalal:

Jason creativity range is nothing special, (even his recent best story Gorr* was somehow inspired in Desak) but where he is really terrible is at the execution.

Avengers (1,000,000 BC) is probably the best example to describe how terrible Jason can be, Avenger Odin!?! Please...

*Despite all i still think Gorr original arcs were great... Yes the art and tone of the comic helped a lot but the story was pretty good too.

I haven't read this story but is Avenger Odin really that bad? All it means is that, at some point a million years ago, Odin went to Earth and did some fighting, which we already knew.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron won't give up before taking a dump on every major Marvel character and team.

Avatar image for deactivated-604f8f087c7dd
deactivated-604f8f087c7dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: Howard Stark: Secretly a satanist.

I hold no special place in my heart for Howard Stark, as I'm sure no one does...

But, I must ask...

Why? Just why?

No wonder Tony had a drinking problem....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Yes, it is. Besides the fact that he was king at the time - and it's immensely out of character for him to just go out and seek a punch up, even then - he was also using Mjolnir (which he struggled to control or lift) and for some reason shagged the Phoenix Force.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RabumAlal

@thor321: @supremegeneration: I said MCU Valkyrie because aside from the looks, she has a very similar backstory (losing someone she holds dear to a very Hela-looking foe and not being over it).

The axe doesn’t matter that much and it was never stated that it was made for Thor. Its Celestial-killing charm fits the story too.

I just thought it was funny how Aaron can’t help but change every detail about Thor and come up with a new origin for even his axe (which he started using after Mjolnir got a new origin and user).

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Yes, it is. Besides the fact that he was king at the time - and it's immensely out of character for him to just go out and seek a punch up, even then - he was also using Mjolnir (which he struggled to control or lift) and for some reason shagged the Phoenix Force.

But we already know that Odin has been to Earth in the past and that's why there are legends about him. The comic is just showing one of those times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn said:

But we already know that Odin has been to Earth in the past and that's why there are legends about him. The comic is just showing one of those times.

We know he's been to Earth, yes. We didn't know that he acted like a horny Thor who can't control Mjolnir, acts like a moron and shags a cavewoman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: @supremegeneration: I said MCU Valkyrie because aside from the looks, she has a very similar backstory (losing someone she holds dear to a very Hela-looking foe and not being over it).

The axe doesn’t matter that much and it was never stated that it was made for Thor. Its Celestial-killing charm fits the story too.

I just thought it was funny how Aaron can’t help but change every detail about Thor and come up with a new origin for even his axe (which he started using after Mjolnir got a new origin and user).

true.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk said:
@breakofdawn said:

We know he's been to Earth, yes. We didn't know that he acted like a horny Thor who can't control Mjolnir, acts like a moron and shags a cavewoman.

That sounds like a young Odin to me. Dude was wilin' out before Thor was born. Remember he destroyed civilizations and let his dad wander as a spirit forever just because he wanted to be king.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fraction screwed Odin first.

Aaron build upon that later.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every avengers run is the worst

Avatar image for deactivated-61469eb5765d0
deactivated-61469eb5765d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: right?? went from Mike stravisski's (horribly misspelled that) wise powerful Odin to a petulant immature old man with an inferiority complex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solo788 said:

@thor321: right?? went from Mike stravisski's (horribly misspelled that) wise powerful Odin to a petulant immature old man with an inferiority complex

I think Odin was still dead at that point.

he was brought back during Gillen's run after JMS.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update after 5 months have passed and random shit keeps happening.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@rabumalal:

I actually think people underrate how important Ribic's art was to that whole run. With a substandard artist I don't think that storyline would be highly regarded at all. imo it was ok story wise but Ribic's art is why it is remember as a great arc. The way he drew Gorr and especially OKT.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.worst

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spambot: hard disagree

OT: yes it is the worse run i ever see and i generaly defend aaron

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well to me it's hard to have a truly great story without good art supporting it. To me the art gives the story life in many ways. The idea of a villain who hunts down gods has been done twice before in Thor's history I think. Gorr just took the butchery up a notch and then had the idea of the god bomb. The art imo is what gave it that mythical type of feel.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we talk about how Aaron created basically cavewoman Jean Grey? Did Aaron secretly want to include Jean on the roster? Did it really have to be a red-headed mutant girl who develops psychic powers during a time of stress after staying with a father-like figure with psychic powers of his own?

It’s just incredibly weird to read about.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll put like this, I stopped reading and following Avengers since. If that makes it the worst, idk 🤷‍♂️, it wasn’t for me. The last Avengers run I really enjoyed was Hickman’s, and that feels like a lifetime ago

marvelboyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This phase is extremely tedious. too bad. I really liked The War of the Realms, but after he took over the Avengers title, Jason is telling bad stories. Enough of PHOENIX. forget the FENIX. stories with Fenix ​​are out of date. already nauseated. the formation of the team does not please me either. I liked the first arch back there with the fall of the celestials, but after that I can't read from that stage anymore.

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know how people like him continue writing

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. It should be retconed as filler.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. The bar was already pretty low

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just when I thought this run would sizzle out, this week’s issue happens. Can’t believe editors in Marvel are allowing this to happen to their main team title.

JonathanSoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While i think people are exagerating a bit about how bad it is. It is not the worst marvel book, there are about 20 i can name right now that are unbelieveable bad and are saved by good art and covers, but thats another topic.

I have alot of issues with this run. 1 being all the weird ret cons and changes that just make no sense and or are stupid.... His use of phoenix... Most OBVIOUS is how Aaron is literally just doing a bad Grant Morrison JLA impression. Its literally JLA, just worse and with bad quippy dialogue thats more like the avengers movies, which noone wants in the books. Everything from using Dc's trinity idea, to literally just doing JLA 1,000,000 just in reverse.... Its just not good. The art is great though.