Worse War Criminal: Iroh or Kuvira?

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

cocacolaman  Moderator

Poll Worse War Criminal: Iroh or Kuvira? (15 votes)

Iroh 13%
Kuvira 60%
Results 27%

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who was the worse war criminal?

• 
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 anthp2000  Moderator
No Caption Provided

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

mantraxsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mantraxsp
No Caption Provided

Assuming you mean who's personal actions were worse, Kuvira's. We lack sufficient insight into Iroh's past actions to assume his were worse. He failed to actually endanger civilians where Kuvira could've caused mass casualties.

Looking at it, after their individual crimes, both characters let it be the cartoon or a novel, changed for the greater good. Kuvira assisting Team Korra and Iroh being Iroh as we know him.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aystarr coming in right now

No Caption Provided

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Be careful what you comment. Ay’s got nothing but time of their hands!

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blasphemy

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@mantraxsp said:

Assuming you mean who's personal actions were worse, Kuvira's. We lack sufficient insight into Iroh's past actions to assume his were worse. He failed to actually endanger civilians where Kuvira could've caused mass casualties.

Because I checked the internet in general out of curiocity today, I saw blogs and posts on Reddit, ignorance appears to be the core of the issue with a lot of people who go #cancelIroh mode. We need to distinguish between fighting a war on the wrong side and commiting war crimes. Kuvira willingly, and in full knowledge, attempting to nuke Republic City and kill thousands is a war crime. Ozai wanting to burn down an entire Nation from the sky is a war crime. Yon Rha raiding the Soutern Tribe and murdering Kya is a war crime. Iroh leading an armed conflict against the Earth Kingdom military is not a war crime.

Waging war is not a war crime. War is unjust, but there is no reason to believe Iroh attacked civilians, needlessly raided property and tortured people. That would actually go against his established nature as a character in my opinion. He wouldn't just be a good hearted man who was raised to believe in the wrong cause, like the element of his story with Ran and Shaw was meant to show. He would be a plain evil man. And I doubt he'd change if he were that too. He has blood on his hands, but people are seemingly taking it to a whole other level.

EvyHL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EvyHL

Kuvira of course, Iroh was born to an imperialistic nation's monarchy and HAD to take part in their efforts to conquer lands. We can ASSUME he killed people but we don't know that.

Kuvira on the other hand created her own dictatorial regime, sent people to concentration camps and on screen killed people and therefore we can know she killed much more than that.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:

Aystarr coming in right now

No Caption Provided

XD Azaelia Banks will never fail to crack me up, even though she's problematic as all hell

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread tho.....😬

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mantraxsp said:

Because I checked the internet in general out of curiocity today, I saw blogs and posts on Reddit, ignorance appears to be the core of the issue with a lot of people who go #cancelIroh mode. We need to distinguish between fighting a war on the wrong side and commiting war crimes. Kuvira willingly, and in full knowledge, attempting to nuke Republic City and kill thousands is a war crime. Ozai wanting to burn down an entire Nation from the sky is a war crime. Yon Rha raiding the Soutern Tribe and murdering Kya is a war crime. Iroh leading an armed conflict against the Earth Kingdom military is not a war crime.

Waging war is not a war crime. War is unjust, but there is no reason to believe Iroh attacked civilians, needlessly raided property and tortured people. That would actually go against his established nature as a character in my opinion. He wouldn't just be a good hearted man who was raised to believe in the wrong cause, like the element of his story with Ran and Shaw was meant to show. He would be a plain evil man. And I doubt he'd change if he were that too. He has blood on his hands, but people are seemingly taking it to a whole other level.

Agreed. Ursa even had this to say about Iroh back when he was still in the military, which wouldn't be the case if he were as bad as Sozin, Azulon, Ozai, etc.

No Caption Provided

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided