Wonder Woman’ Wins Critics Choice Award For Best Action Movie

• 61 results
Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 87

Congrats to everyone who worked on it but out of the competition there was no way it should have won (My top choices to win would be War or Logan)

ArtThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I never thought the first movie to do justice to the Psycho Crusher would be a Marvel movie.

No Caption Provided

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@agent41 said:
@hatsoffmelo said:
@outside_85 said:
@jayc1324 said:
@outside_85 said:
@jayc1324 said:

Um how was John Wick 2 not nominated? And I really don't think she challenged any female stereotypes, but this is cool for her.

Good question... as is why Thor actually was nominated?

Your answer is in these gifs lol

I am going to respond with something from the game critic Yatzee when he was pulling one of the endless sandbox/shooter games apart in his usual manner:

Imaginary comment: 'But Yathzee the the skyboxes are pretty'

'Oh s*** I forgot, 10/10!'

Anyways, my point was that the awards are handed out for the full package of the movies, not just their action scenes. Logan is a nomination I get because its a good movie over all, Wonder Woman has a story to tell and so on... and as I have said a few times now, Thor has a lot of fireworks going on but a very weak story to back it up. But I dont know why WW actually won because I dont think it's story was terribly strong either, but maybe it just managed to find that elusive middleground between fun and serious?

or maybe cause it was starring a female?

SeeHer award lmfo

Let's hope captain marvel gets the same results at least. Nobody is pulling an agressive feminist agenda down everybody's throat more than her right now.

Now I am imagining the headlines will be something like:

"Great movie, but unfortunately the lead character is a bit of a douche."

Actually I could see this as the weak-spot of the Captain Marvel movie compared to WW, since in Gadot they somehow also managed to find that bit of humour and warmth in Diana that often goes missing in a lot of her depictions. Danvers on the other hand is quite often depicted as the GI Jane of Marvel superheroes, renowned for her toughness, but not so much her heart.
That said though, since it is a Marvel movie, I am guessing they will do what they always do and wax on heavy with the jokes between things getting blown up.

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@outside_85 said:
@agent41 said:
@hatsoffmelo said:
@outside_85 said:
@jayc1324 said:
@outside_85 said:
@jayc1324 said:

Um how was John Wick 2 not nominated? And I really don't think she challenged any female stereotypes, but this is cool for her.

Good question... as is why Thor actually was nominated?

Your answer is in these gifs lol

I am going to respond with something from the game critic Yatzee when he was pulling one of the endless sandbox/shooter games apart in his usual manner:

Imaginary comment: 'But Yathzee the the skyboxes are pretty'

'Oh s*** I forgot, 10/10!'

Anyways, my point was that the awards are handed out for the full package of the movies, not just their action scenes. Logan is a nomination I get because its a good movie over all, Wonder Woman has a story to tell and so on... and as I have said a few times now, Thor has a lot of fireworks going on but a very weak story to back it up. But I dont know why WW actually won because I dont think it's story was terribly strong either, but maybe it just managed to find that elusive middleground between fun and serious?

or maybe cause it was starring a female?

SeeHer award lmfo

Let's hope captain marvel gets the same results at least. Nobody is pulling an agressive feminist agenda down everybody's throat more than her right now.

Now I am imagining the headlines will be something like:

"Great movie, but unfortunately the lead character is a bit of a douche."

Actually I could see this as the weak-spot of the Captain Marvel movie compared to WW, since in Gadot they somehow also managed to find that bit of humour and warmth in Diana that often goes missing in a lot of her depictions. Danvers on the other hand is quite often depicted as the GI Jane of Marvel superheroes, renowned for her toughness, but not so much her heart.

That said though, since it is a Marvel movie, I am guessing they will do what they always do and wax on heavy with the Jokes between things getting blown up.

No Caption Provided

Yes

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers