Wonder Woman sequel or Man of Steel sequel?

• 82 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Wonder Woman sequel or Man of Steel sequel? (114 votes)

Sequel for WW 45%
Sequel for MoS 55%

Who would you rather see a sequel for?

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman needs a solo film that flourishes in his heroism and selflessness.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

No... it's too late... it's over

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Who would you choose? Snyder, Sham, or Bay for a MOS2 sequel.

I think if Snyder nails superman in JL, Ill def be open to having him back for JL2 and MOS2. I like Snyder but I think having more unique directors is a good thing. We have Wan doing a crazy horror themed swashbuckler Aquaman movie and Matt Reeves doing a noir thriller for The Batman.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Rockette

@jgames said:

The possibility for a MoS movie is endless with lots of potential great idea. Making a sequel to WW will be more difficult.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Who would you choose? Snyder, Sham, or Bay for a MOS2 sequel.

I think if Snyder nails superman in JL, Ill def be open to having him back for JL2 and MOS2. I like Snyder but I think having more unique directors is a good thing. We have Wan doing a crazy horror themed swashbuckler Aquaman movie and Matt Reeves doing a noir thriller for The Batman.

Superman and Bay do NOT go together. Shymalan is too unpredictable, but actually has some good stuff. Snyder is good at epic action but nothing else. So I honestly don't know lol.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I will wait for my judgement on Snyder's Superman until Jl. he has a very clear arc in mind and if he pulls it off well Superman will be a spectacle in JL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I will wait for my judgement on Snyder's Superman until Jl. he has a very clear arc in mind and if he pulls it off well Superman will be a spectacle in JL

I think Batman, Leonidas, and The Watchmen proves "Dark and Gritty" characters are his forte.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jonez_

Man of Steel 2 should come out first. Then WW 2 afterwards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_ said:

Man of Steel 2 should come out first. Then WW 2 afterwards.

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Wonder Woman is still the best character in the DCEU right now.

And her movie was also better.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@agent41 said:
@rockette said:
@jgames said:

The possibility for a MoS movie is endless with lots of potential great idea. Making a sequel to WW will be more difficult.

@jgames That is not true. After so many comic films with B, C list characters, and you still don't understand that any character has potential if things are well executed. The biggest female hero in comics has more than enough potential in her verse.

I said more difficult, not impossible. MOS just have way more material. Don't get me wrong there lot of material for WW also, but most of them IMO won't work that well on screen. That being said as long as the team are competent, then making a good WW sequel is totally possible.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wonder Woman EASILY. Ultra Man of Steel is just bad.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

a Trinity movie

but if I have to choose(and it's very close) Wonder Woman

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As bad as I think MoS is and as much as I loved WW, I think it's time for Supermsn to be done Justice in the DCEU, and Supes has a wealth of material to draw from. So, MoS2 please.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

Which sequel do I want more?

I can't choose. A Superman sequel that features his life with supporting characters (Martha Kent. Jimmy and others at the Daily Planet ) mixed with Kal facing an opponent (or opponents) that challenges him instead of Luthor for the umpteenth time (Solomon Grundy, Mongul, Eradicator, a slightly sinister Bizarro, Braniac, Galactic Golum, Cyborg Superman, Imperiex Prime, some or all of the Fatal Five, etc.) would be cool.

A Wonder Woman sequel that mixes her relationship to her Amazon "family", her connection to the Greek Gods, her adjustment to living in Man's World, and an opponent or opponents that challenge her (any number of Gods, ancient and new mythological creatures, Giganta, Silver Banshe, Circe, Silver Swan, one, some, or all of The Female Furies, of course Cheetah, etc.) would be cool too.

I really can't decide

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want both but i want mos first.

brainiac for mos2

first born for ww2

ManOfSteel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based off the new JL trailer, it's clear they're doing a little bit of course correction and highlighting Superman as the beacon of hope he is meant to be, so I think a new Superman movie would pretty universally loved.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Kal. Just the chance of Brainiac blows anything Diana could offer out of the water.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoS..I liked MOS more than most (but understand why some folks disliked it) I still don't think Superman is passe. I think his appeal, while not always tapped into, is there. if done with the mix of heart and action that WW had, it could be a universally loved film. Much the way Tomasi's Superman comic is arguably the best mainstream super-hero comic that either DC or Marvel is putting out right now. (I think it is, out of the ones I read.)

(I didn't hate New 52 Superman by the way)Rebirth has shown that the character isn't passe, Hell the fact MCU is doing so well with Captain America shows that type of character isn't outdated,You just have to handle him right.

Anywho, Supes is my favorite hero,I love MOS, but I think I liked the action & score more than the movie. I enjoyed WW's characterization & characters more. That is something really important to me when it comes to these guys. MOS touched on who Supes was as a person a little bit. It was a nice start,but BVS...just crapped all over that. So,I'd go with WW since they seem to have gotten it right.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By termiteone4ever

I have seen too many superman over the years bring the this Wonder Woman to light. Lets hear the story of the gods. I can see Shazam making an appearance :)

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman for sure. We just had wonder woman and Superman will not be in JL whole time. We need another Superman movie until 2019 at latest or im slapping WB :D

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I've read a few.

For the DCEU they might not work, and they are too weird/unknown to be used. I exaggerated by saying "only Cheetah" but still true.

Maybe Giganta and Circe?

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By apewar012467

I want both, but I guess I am more excited for MoS 2. I want to see DC hire a new director that can take Superman on a different direction (Matthew Vaughn was rumoured and that would be amazing) And a feel that Superman still has a ways to go to fully develop the character; after MoS and BvS he feels incomplete. Wonder Woman 2 set in modern day would be cool as well. That movie doesn't need a new direction, just Patty and Gal give us more of what made the first one great would be the best of it.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of too late for Man of Steel 2. That movie needed to happen before BvS, but Warner Brothers got so sweaty from thinking about that hot, hot Batman cash that they rushed it and ruined Superman's character arc for the majority of viewers. Even as someone who liked BvS, Superman's character arc was sacrificed in favor of bringing in Batman early. Then they wasted the Death of Superman before people could really grow attached to the character.

What would Superman's story be now? They rushed the story of trying to gain acceptance that they built up in MoS. Rushed his romance with Lois Lane to the point we didn't even see them become an official couple between movies. They kissed ONCE and then in the next film she's his whole reason for being? Clark Kent is dead, so he can't go back to his job at the Daily Planet, which was another massive sacrifice of the character.

Sure, they can give him a new enemy to fight. But so what? Awesome action is not a replacement for character development, and there's really nowhere for him to go now. Especially since any major threat he fights will need to handwave why the Justice League aren't getting involved. If they plan to make his character drama be about having died that is just going to backfire to the extreme degree because people have very vocally said they don't want a brooding Superman.

The movie order should have been MoS > MoS2 > BvS > Wonder Woman > Justice League. At the very least. Like was originally planned before Warner Brothers changed MoS2 from a Superman sequel into a Superman sequel co-starring Batman into a Batman movie co-starring Superman. And that is exactly what happened. I remember getting progressively more upset as they gave away more and more news about the direction MoS2 was taking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to give this Superman a chance to redeem himself. By that I mean Henry Cavill needs to smile more. I can't imagine anyone being inspired by a brooding, depressed version of Supes.