Wonder Woman Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So what did everyone think of it?

For me it was easily the best DCEU film a fair bit ahead of MoS.

I'd probably rate it about an 8/10 after just seeing it. It had some of the best action scenes in a CBM ever, like when she went bloodlust and blitzed everyone was insane she got some great feats in that.

There were some things that bothered me, Diana's was a bit annoying at points and there were the occasional slow bits but overall I think it was pretty great film I enjoyed it.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: lmao! She had some crazy speed feats at one point she was bloodlusted and just wrecking everyone in sight it was just crazy. The fight with Ares was proper high tier level. Her gauntlets are OP af too she absorbed Ares lightning energy attacks into them and redirected back at him. Ares had some mad powers too like basically pretty powerful telekinesis.

Although the Godkiller sword was actually just an ordinary sword

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you catch the Snyder cameo?

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another small question...

Is this film only good because of "feminism"?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: @uugieboogie: If there was I probably missed it lol the film kind of mentioned Bruce at the beginning and end

And no there was barely any noticeable feminist agenda they didn't scream about her being a woman all the time so that was nice

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: Thats good. I heard the film makes almost no references to the modern feminazi climate and instead goes for a more "ww is a hero to the world" approach rather than "hur dur girl power"

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Yea basically no girl power thing. There was a scene where Steven was like 'that's no mans land because no man goes there that's not the mission' (paraphrasing can't remember word for word obviously). I was expecting her to be like 'I'm not a man I'm a woman' but she didn't, basically just said this IS my mission n went out n kicked ass. So there really wasn't any feminazi shit or outright emphasising that she's a girl it was just a film about a hero like all the others which imo is the best way to respect woman just treat em like everyone else instead emphasising that they're woman like we don't know

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98:

Does she get any good strength feats and durability feats?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: No real crazy strength feats that I can remember apart from effortlessly lifting a tank. Durability wise just basically getting bashed around by Ares nothing crazy tbh.

What really stood out for me was her insane speed like the scene she was bloodlusted she was basically a speedster, also she's incredibly skilled the fight scenes really showed that especially when she was fighting normal people, they were great to watch. She's crazy skilled with her whip too when she cracks it out.

Her Sword however met a bad end and idk if this just shows how damn powerful Ares was or what but she went at him with it at the start of the fight and he just disintegrated it in his hand. Now idk how she got her sword for BvS or what sword it was but that cut Doomsday so idk what that says about either Ares or Doomsday.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Superhero24

@thorthunder98:

i dont think it says much. Ares is magical and dd isnt. It might also show that dd and kryptonians are vulnerable to magic like in the comics. is there anything that puts her on mcu thor level. Everything you said doesnt convince me that she is. Other people have said this movie puts her above him, but i have doubts.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The end kinda confuses me.. does she gain the ability to fly? The. The bloodlusted part isn't that godmode? Overall it is really a good movie.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: No real crazy strength feats that I can remember apart from effortlessly lifting a tank. Durability wise just basically getting bashed around by Ares nothing crazy tbh.

What really stood out for me was her insane speed like the scene she was bloodlusted she was basically a speedster, also she's incredibly skilled the fight scenes really showed that especially when she was fighting normal people, they were great to watch. She's crazy skilled with her whip too when she cracks it out.

Her Sword however met a bad end and idk if this just shows how damn powerful Ares was or what but she went at him with it at the start of the fight and he just disintegrated it in his hand. Now idk how she got her sword for BvS or what sword it was but that cut Doomsday so idk what that says about either Ares or Doomsday.

Because the sword in this movie isn't her Atom Cutting sword. I think it makes sense they saved some of her most powerful weapons for possible future projects.

MightyKalEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, she absorbing and redirecting lighting would be useful in battle forums.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: Yea her gauntlets were pretty powerful and her whip too

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although the Godkiller sword was actually just an ordinary sword

because she is the godkiller

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vinomonster

The movie makes her the last Goddess on Earth?

Let me just say this the No Man's Island scenes is very well directed.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't think the braces were responsible for her energy shields she just uses them to channel her own Godly power, as with her swords.

Having all the Gods be dead is a huge waste. Hopefully it's changed to just be the Olympians.

Also, Ares being able to kill all the Gods and Zeus but Diana can wreck him... that's some bullshit.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the braces were responsible for her energy shields she just uses them to channel her own Godly power, as with her swords.

Having all the Gods be dead is a huge waste. Hopefully it's changed to just be the Olympians.

Also, Ares being able to kill all the Gods and Zeus but Diana can wreck him... that's some bullshit.

I thought that like shouldn't them all together be able to wreck him or was Diana more powerful than Zeus I don't get it

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

I thought that like shouldn't them all together be able to wreck him or was Diana more powerful than Zeus I don't get it

Seems like it. Or perhaps there's more we don't know, Hippolyta was explaining it to a child after all.

How powerful do you think the Amazons were? Other than Antiope and Hippolyta they didn't seem that powerful, I was surprised, I can't tell whether or not the average Amazon is supposed to be superhuman or just a DCEU peak human given Batman's stats.

I'm interested to see how the Atlanteans fit into this lore as well.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:
@rogueshadow said:

Seems like it. Or perhaps there's more we don't know, Hippolyta was explaining it to a child after all.

How powerful do you think the Amazons were? Other than Antiope and Hippolyta they didn't seem that powerful, I was surprised, I can't tell whether or not the average Amazon is supposed to be superhuman or just a DCEU peak human given Batman's stats.

Yea I think there might be more to it like when Diana left she still hadn't told her everything but I think that was just that Diana was Godkiller not the sword.

I'm not sure obviously Hippolyta and Antiope were badasses and wrecking shit, they seemed above normal humans physically n stuff but I'm not sure. They seemed pretty badass jumping off the cliffs and they're pretty damn good with their bows. I think there's a chance they're superhuman but can't really confirm it.

Yea same I wonder if they've interacted at all or anything I think Atlanteans will have a similar nature of society to the Amazons, I wonder if they'll know about the Gods and stuff too. This film made my hope for Aquaman even higher and it was already pretty high because of Momoa

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:
@thorthunder98 said:
@rogueshadow said:

Yea I think there might be more to it like when Diana left she still hadn't told her everything but I think that was just that Diana was Godkiller not the sword.

I'm not sure obviously Hippolyta and Antiope were badasses and wrecking shit, they seemed above normal humans physically n stuff but I'm not sure. They seemed pretty badass jumping off the cliffs and they're pretty damn good with their bows. I think there's a chance they're superhuman but can't really confirm it.

Yea same I wonder if they've interacted at all or anything I think Atlanteans will have a similar nature of society to the Amazons, I wonder if they'll know about the Gods and stuff too. This film made my hope for Aquaman even higher and it was already pretty high because of Momoa

We know that Humans/Atlanteans/Amazons have fought Darkseid together in the past:

No Caption Provided

I think they might make Aquaman the grandson of Poseidon, Atlana being Poseidon's daughter, a Goddess/Demi-Goddess similar to Diana. It would make sense.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:
@rogueshadow said:
@thorthunder98 said:
@rogueshadow said:

We know that Humans/Atlanteans/Amazons have fought Darkseid together in the past:

No Caption Provided

I think they might make Aquaman the grandson of Poseidon, Atlana being Poseidon's daughter, a Goddess/Demi-Goddess similar to Diana. It would make sense.

Oh damn yea forgot about that that's cool then, yea I see Poseidon being brought into it, would make Diana and Aquaman related lol

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redsayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

*Spoilers, but that's literally in the title*

What were everyone's reactions with Ares' identity? I doubt that many people were surprised -you can't have someone so pure and in the right and have someone so blatantly evil without expecting a switch- but I still felt like the scene was amazing. Plus, that first scene where he blew up that watchtower was actually pretty formidable and great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Film was good, strong seven out of 10 and probably my third favourite film of the year so far. Ares killing the entire pantheon is a bit annoying and kinda silly. Like, there's a big part of Wondy's history that uses the pantheon. Plus, I was expecting a bit of a bigger fight between Ares and Wondy. It was kinda boring.

Anyway, film was easily the best of the DCEU so far. Like so much better that it's not funny. They actually made Wondy a good and kind character. One would hope it is applied to certain Kryptonian soon otherwise it'll be kinda annoying.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redsayn: I honestly didn't predict it but I put that down to me just seeing him as Lupin from Harry Potter thinking he can't be a villain lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

I want to see it tomorrow, but a friend of mine wants us to see it together, so I gotta wait til Saturday....ugh. Women be trippin'.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I really wish they hadn't killed all of the Gods, I would have loved to have seen Greek Mythology fully realised onscreen.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, if Wondy's personality got transplanted to DCEU Superman he would be much, much better.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie was pretty dope

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the DCEU fans know how to react now they have a film that everyone actually likes it's a new world for them lol

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy DCEU didn't back away from playing with the idea of actual "gods", which MCU did. There were some bonafide deities in here. That makes me happy.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, it crushed MoS, it was everything MoS wanted to be a hero facing a dark , realistic word and was sucessful and inspirational.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@thorthunder98 said:

Lol, it crushed MoS, it was everything MoS wanted to be a hero facing a dark , realistic word and was sucessful and inspirational.

Yea the more I think about it I thought MoS was average it was certainly better than BvS and Suicide Squad (not hard) but WW was actually a great film probably one of the best origin stories done

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It feels weird to come home from a DCEU movie and have little to complain about. This movie deserves every bit of it's 93% rating. It's easily the best superhero film since Marvel's The Avengers.

What I didn't expect is for Diana to feel so real. This is the realest I've ever seen a superhero protagonist. She felt like a real person.

I know Logan will likely be held in higher esteem as the "better" film because it's darker and grittier (which, don't get me wrong, Logan is a very good film) but in terms of emotion, character, action and direction, I thought Wonder Woman was much better. Or at least I fancied it more.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wish they hadn't killed all of the Gods, I would have loved to have seen Greek Mythology fully realised onscreen.

There's still a chance they could be around. They did subtly hint that they might still exist in some form. In the first scene where Diana starts using her powers when she jumps across the chasm, she has an encounter with a stag - aka. the symbol of Artemis, the Goddess of the Hunt who is known in Roman mythology as Diana.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@r2datu said:
@rogueshadow said:

There's still a chance they could be around. They did subtly hint that they might still exist in some form. In the first scene where Diana starts using her powers when she jumps across the chasm, she has an encounter with a stag - aka. the symbol of Artemis, the Goddess of the Hunt who is known in Roman mythology as Diana.

That's true, but I took that as a general foreshadowing of her divine ancestry, though there could be more to it.

That said, I had at the back of my mind that Hippolyta may have been simplifying the tale for a child, or even that she may herself be mistaken. Ares slaying all of the Gods singlehandedly seems implausible, especially given that he then lost to Diana. I wonder if there wasn't some treachery involved that involved their banishment rather than demise.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:
@rogueshadow said:

That's true, but I took that as a general foreshadowing of her divine ancestry, though there could be more to it.

That said, I had at the back of my mind that Hippolyta may have been simplifying the tale for a child, or even that she may herself be mistaken. Ares slaying all of the Gods singlehandedly seems implausible, especially given that he then lost to Diana. I wonder if there wasn't some treachery involved that involved their banishment rather than demise.

The story was mostly wrong as Ares had shown, and they weren't even sure if Ares was alive, maybe is possible that Zeus is hiding somewhere just like Ares did since not even him saw his death.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogueshadow  Moderator

@bluehope said:
@rogueshadow said:
@r2datu said:
@rogueshadow said:

The story was mostly wrong as Ares had shown, and they weren't even sure if Ares was alive, maybe is possible that Zeus is hiding somewhere just like Ares did since not even him saw his death.

I don't recall that being said.

I would prefer them to be trapped in some other dimension (like Zod in the Phantom Zone) by Ares, being in hiding diminishes their power greatly and doesn't seem plausible, nor does Ares defeating them all.

Now I'm thinking about how Enchantress and Incubus fit into the DCEU's mythology as well. I suspect Zeus didn't actually create mankind either, I don't think Ares ever actually confirmed that either, just that he protected them.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 adamTRMM  Online

Just watched it. It was a pretty good movie, it had heart, it had message, Gal did her part very impressively, they didn't ridicule the WWI the way First Avenger ridiculed WWII which is more than just a bonus. But these rating are... it's like two extremes really. If one wanted to nitpick, there was plenty of opportunities for nitpicking to do here as well, this time they chose not to. Really, how does this crap even work?

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BlueHope

@bluehope said:
@rogueshadow said:
@r2datu said:
@rogueshadow said:

I don't recall that being said.

I would prefer them to be trapped in some other dimension (like Zod in the Phantom Zone) by Ares, being in hiding diminishes their power greatly and doesn't seem plausible, nor does Ares defeating them all.

Now I'm thinking about how Enchantress and Incubus fit into the DCEU's mythology as well. I suspect Zeus didn't actually create mankind either, I don't think Ares ever actually confirmed that either, just that he protected them.

Yeah, Is more precise saying that was not comfirmed outside the tale and possibly not even Ares saw since he was busy being throw away by lightning at this moment.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is exactly what I was thinking too.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, film was easily the best of the DCEU so far. Like so much better that it's not funny. They actually made Wondy a good and kind character. One would hope it is applied to certain Kryptonian soon otherwise it'll be kinda annoying.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

This is exactly what I was thinking too.

Hopefully we'll find out that there's more to it.