Wonder Woman 84 Worse Than Green Lantern!? Yep!!

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Comiclover6

Maaaaaan....! DC severely screwed the pooch with Wonder Woman 2. My brother is a serious fan of the first movie. But he absolutely hates WW84. Hearing him go off about this movie is...something🤦‍♂️

Ok, so here's my hot take. WW1 was really bad only being successful due to WB media blitzing. Giving influencers more than they ever had before to praise and push the heck outta the movie hoping to pull the DCEU out of the red after the most failed, hilarious garbage run of all time. That coupled with a desperate fanbase caused the first film to be severely over praised. But WW was no good.

Now it's time to do part 2. After Patty being severely over, and mispraised for the crap first film not a single person had enough nerve to step up and tell her WW84 was coming along like pure garbage. I mean how could you... Influencers and fanboys praised every little thing she did making her out to be the greatest director of all time. Even treating Gal like the second coming of Christ. Which caused WB to give a subpar director complete freedom. Part 2 was Patty unchained and overconfident. It was 100% her baby.

This is what happens when you're hyped to be the greatest director of our time when you're really meta mediocre.

The media blitz backfired. I guess what they say is true; cheaters never win. The irony of WW1 being called the greatest DC film then part 2 being called the worse is just too much.

Gotta say i am little glad DC crapped the bed this severly with WW84. Gal and co. are the most overhyped actress, film and director of all time.

Crapping the bed THIS bad kinda even things out a bit. No going back after this. This one film makes it impossible to ever be even a decent franchise. The first was subpar....but overpraised and protected. Now we have a Green Lantern level, actually worse then GL sequel. Word of mouth plus the pandemic this movie's BO will be DISSAMLE.

Even if WW3 is really good it still won't even break the 800mil of the first film. WW84 killed this franchise.

It takes a epically crap movie to penetrate the armor this franchise had. Leaving so many hating Patty and the film outright. I haven't met a single person in the wild who doesn't absolutely hate this movie

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smh suggesting GL was bad.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

It is sad. With Patty Jenkins returning, there is not much hope for WW3. RIP female superheros. The only hope now is Batgirl

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Comiclover6

@tobeymaguire84: no faith in Black Widow? Or do you mean just "RIP" DC female superheroes?

I have a feeling BW will be one of the best

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb: Yea I think GL is definitely considered worse of the worse

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was too cheesy at certain points but I liked it

Godspoweroyins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halfway through the movie and I'm like "God what have I done with my money?".

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: no faith in Black Widow? Or do you mean just "RIP" DC female superheroes?

I have a feeling BW will be one of the best

She is a dead character.

Avatar image for deactivated-601ac24c0b37b
deactivated-601ac24c0b37b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get why GL is considered bad... but honestly I thoroughly enjoyed it.

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ye GL is better

Mr_Shazam0920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listen WW84 was not good at all but it is hard to be worse than GL. You’re approaching Fantastic 4 with saying that.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14 Straight-Fire  Online

No, it ain't. While it wasn't spectacular, it's a masterpiece compared to GL. Shit is legit one of the worst movies ever.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaaaan....! DC severely screwed the pooch with Wonder Woman 2. My brother is a serious fan of the first movie. But he absolutely hates WW84. Hearing him go off about this movie is...something🤦‍♂️

Ok, so here's my hot take. WW1 was really bad only being successful due to WB media blitzing. Giving influencers more than they ever had before to praise and push the heck outta the movie hoping to pull the DCEU out of the red after the most failed, hilarious garbage run of all time. That coupled with a desperate fanbase caused the first film to be severely over praised. But WW was no good.

Now it's time to do part 2. After Patty being severely over, and mispraised for the crap first film not a single person had enough nerve to step up and tell her WW84 was coming along like pure garbage. I mean how could you... Influencers and fanboys praised every little thing she did making her out to be the greatest director of all time. Even treating Gal like the second coming of Christ. Which caused WB to give a subpar director complete freedom. Part 2 was Patty unchained and overconfident. It was 100% her baby.

This is what happens when you're hyped to be the greatest director of our time when you're really meta mediocre.

The media blitz backfired. I guess what they say is true; cheaters never win. The irony of WW1 being called the greatest DC film then part 2 being called the worse is just too much.

Gotta say i am little glad DC crapped the bed this severly with WW84. Gal and co. are the most overhyped actress, film and director of all time.

Crapping the bed THIS bad kinda even things out a bit. No going back after this. This one film makes it impossible to ever be even a decent franchise. The first was subpar....but overpraised and protected. Now we have a Green Lantern level, actually worse then GL sequel. Word of mouth plus the pandemic this movie's BO will be DISSAMLE.

Even if WW3 is really good it still won't even break the 800mil of the first film. WW84 killed this franchise.

It takes a epically crap movie to penetrate the armor this franchise had. Leaving so many hating Patty and the film outright. I haven't met a single person in the wild who doesn't absolutely hate this movie

So after reading your book report, i take it you didn't see WW84? just going by hearsay of what your brother told you about the film? typical. oh and the first wonder woman was a good film. better than a lot of the overrated mcu films you probably love.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the worst, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't disappointing. For example, Cheetah could've been a great character but ended up being severely underused and 2D. I actually liked Lord as a villain but I think a different supervillain should've been used instead of Cheetah for acting as a bodyguard.

I don't know anyone who was impressed with the film either. From the opinions of others, it was fun at certain parts but needs better pacing, more action, and a more serious tone. I know people will defend those choices, but even if you reply to me with an essay justifying them, it's still the opinions of people I've talked to and writing to me won't change that. Those same people like the first film too, so the second film didn't live up to expectations. I will give the next film a chance to bring it back.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Limitless82

Such blind toxicity...

Green Lantern WISHES it is WW84 level. :-P

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sabracadabra: so because I agree with most people WW84 is a train wreck that somehow makes me a Marvel fanboy...!?

OK. That's rich.

DoctorDaMn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laughing out loud at ww84 being worse than green lantern😂😂😂

That shit was so bad that Ryan Reynolds came from a completely different company to murder that version of himself...

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: the tomatoe score doesn't matter. 84 is garbage.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW84 was a 2 1/2 hour movie that felt like it ran for 4 hours. It was not good, but not as bad as Green Lantern.

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By a8612152

@limitless82: Only 2000 votes right now, I think it will go lower after a while.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a8612152 said:

@limitless82: Only 2000 votes right now, I think it will go lower after a while.

Its verified. Check the non verified score which is at 45

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW 84: 60% RT

TOMATOMETERTotal Count: 354

One point away from being officially rotten. Doesn't do justice though. This film should have been rotten day one. A 10% is about right

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a8612152 said:

Or it could go higher, non-comic booky general audience are usually less likely to be triggered when it comes to such property, but I guess time will tell.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: the tomatoe score doesn't matter. 84 is garbage.

So 2000 plus verified rating from audiences whom have seen the film doesn't matter, but hatred from one person who goes by hearsay of one's brother does, cool, I am sold, sure, yeah. :-D

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: you're right. I've never finished it. Couldn't do it. I even went back and streamed some of the later parts🤦‍♂️

I give anyone who can finish 84 props. Cuz that is some extreme tolerance.

WhatIsWritten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GL was far worse.....

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lol wtf. WW84 was mediocre, but GL is straight trash. So much blind toxicity here.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BOC  Online

It's been too long for me to really comment on GL, but I'd definitely say WW84 is below mediocre. My guess would be that GL is better.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By diydeath

It kind of is worse than GL in a lot of ways. I mean at least GL had some funky body horror and has Blake Lively in it. God damn that woman is gorgeous and funny.

WW84 has rompy 80s cheese, a villain ripped straight out of that abomination Cats movie and my favorite; the monkey's paw trope...

Only good part of the movie was the general message; short cuts are often times not worth the hassle. Even Gal Gadot's pretty cheek bones couldn't prevent me from groaning before throwing on some Firefly reruns.

Comiclover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomorrow 84 will be officially rotten on RT. One point away, 60%. With tomorrow being Monday a work day no way does a movie this bad go the whole day without getting that one point deducted.

Gotta say I'm shocked DC let this happen. Not that the first was any good just that the sequel to one of their most if not the biggest property they have at the moment shouldn't have been THIS bad.

Like come on DC!