• 70 results
Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Wonder Woman (2017) vs Gaurdians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (92 votes)

Wonder Woman 58%
Gaurdians 2 41%

Which is better

• 
SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GotG2.

lestrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians imo

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wonder Woman, its not even close.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Wonder Woman, its not even close.

This. But I feel like it's not expansive enough. It's not close at all, like, they're galaxies apart. WW is way, way, WAAAAAY better.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman in a tough decision.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman for me. I was disappointed by GOTG2

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians

Heretic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Mutant1230

Wonder Woman I just feel like was the superior film.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ww

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the GotG2 better imo.

Mr_FudgePacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW. GoTG 2 was alright though.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GotGv2

Everyone else who voted Wonder Woman needs to seriously raise their bar for movie standards as DC movie standard are already pretty low.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are 7/10 movies to me. I'll go with gotg2 for being more entertaining and having stronger character development. Both had pacing issues however WW third act and bad villains kind of hindered it.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ww

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

Everyone else who voted GotG2 needs to seriously raise their bar for movie standards as it was a pretty mediocre sequel.

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTG2 was funnier. That's pretty much it. However GOTG 1 was better than WW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fuck? 57 to 43 for WW and gotg 2?

Unless you plan on a short tenure on this site I suggest you refrain from use of the 'f' word.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTGv2

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is graded on a curve. GoTG 2 was better because of the characters. They all had a clear arc and clear development. Not that WW had bad characters but it wasn't as good as GoTG 2.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is a far, far better movie. Seriously, the gap in overall quality is staggering.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman by a long shot. Gotg2 kept teasing without actually showing anything

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Yassassin

Wonder Woman.

Man, I liked GoTG 2, but I was almost embarrassed by how much it wanted me to laugh, and I'm just "Gunn, chill. I-I don't need that. I don't want David Hasselhoff after what Ego just said. Gunn, stop. Why is Peter bringing up David Hasselhoff again while talking about how much his surrogate father meant to him?"

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PeterParkerJr

@tvc-15 said:

Wonder Woman.

Man, I liked GoTG 2, but I was almost embarrassed by how much it wanted me to laugh, and I'm just "Gunn, chill. I-I don't need that. I don't want David Hasselhoff after what Ego just said. Gunn, stop. Why is Peter bringing up David Hasselhoff again while talking about how much his surrogate father meant to him?"

Man, that killed the mood of the entire scene. Like, brought it to a screeching halt. You do that, then you do... that?!

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTG was solid I guess but Ego sucked as a villain, Baby Groot was annoying, and I still after two films feel no connection to any of the characters barring maybe Nebula.

Wonder Woman on the other hand catapulted Diana to being the most compelling character in the DCEU, and stayed true to her heroic nature as a character. Wonder Woman smokes GOTG 2 as a film

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTG2.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

Wonder Woman.

Man, that killed the mood of the entire scene. Like, brought it to a screeching halt. You do that, then you do... that?!

That was supposed to be a funny scene to you guys? It clearly doesn't match the atmosphere or context.

Ego was just using it as an example as he was yelling at Peter.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr said:
@tvc-15 said:

Wonder Woman.

That was supposed to be a funny scene to you guys? It clearly doesn't match the atmosphere or context.

If it were an attempt at comedy it was just bad and misplaced, if it was an example of drama or creating a dire situation, Gunn deserves to be fired.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:
@jasonhawke said:
@peterparkerjr said:
@tvc-15 said:

Wonder Woman.

If it were an attempt at comedy it was just bad and misplaced, if it was an example of drama or creating a dire situation, Gunn deserves to be fired.

I'd say either scenario, it was a bad decision regardless. There shouldn't be a bad joke after Peter found out Ego put the tumor in his Mom's head, which effectively killed her. If there was ever a situation in that movie for there not to be a joke of any kind, it was that specific moment. And then again at the end with the Pacman thing.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wondy

MungenMuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman by far.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jasonhawke

@peterparkerjr said:
@tvc-15 said:
@jasonhawke said:
@peterparkerjr said:
@tvc-15 said:

Wonder Woman.

I'd say either scenario, it was a bad decision regardless. There shouldn't be a bad joke after Peter found out Ego put the tumor in his Mom's head, which effectively killed her. If there was ever a situation in that movie for there not to be a joke of any kind, it was that specific moment. And then again at the end with the Pacman thing.

But again, I never even saw it as a joke, good or bad.

Starlord went ballistic and Ego retaliated by yelling at him and mocking him with a quick appearance change.

Nothing in that scene came off as comedic or jokey and the mocking was mean-spirited.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PeterParkerJr

@jasonhawke:

The Hasselhoff joke was something established earlier in the film a number of times. They clearly used it at that moment to get a cheap laugh to break the tension for whatever reason, but not only was it unnecessary, but badly misplaced as well. They even brought it up again during Yondu's Funeral.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke:

The Hasselhoff joke was something established earlier in the film a number of times. They clearly used it at that moment to get a cheap laugh to break the tension for whatever reason, but not only was it unnecessary, but badly misplaced as well. They even brought it up again during Yondu's Funeral.

I watched the movie, I understand how it was used and no they did not use it in that moment for a cheap laugh or a laugh at all.

The Hasselhoff appearances was Starlord's imagination of what he wanted his Dad to be. It's a joke because he pulled out a picture of Hasselhoff but it's also serious as it's a major reason why Starlord wanted to stay with Ego. They used it at when Ego was pissed off at getting shot up to -mock- Starlord. That scene had absolutely no comedic atmosphere whatsoever. It was badly misplaced because it wasn't placed there at all. You guys are just filling in a blank that isn't there.

During Yondu's funeral, Starlord mentions Hasselhoff during his speech about how he imagined his father to be and that Yondu was like Hasselhoff to him.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Wonder Wonder.

I think GotGv2 gets a bit of a raw deal on this site though, I liked it better than the first.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jasonhawke

@agent41 said:
@jasonhawke said:

GotGv2

Everyone else who voted Wonder Woman needs to seriously raise their bar for movie standards as DC movie standard are already pretty low.

Marvel ain't making anything close to groundbreaking either so let's not. For a majority( based on box office numbers and critics), Wonder Woman is a good film and not just an average film.

So let's not? Then you pull in numbers! Hoo boy!

MCU paved the way for them numbers. MCU sets the standard for live-action superhero movies. Wonder Woman is a good film but it wasn't THAT good, it's an average MCU film.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW IMO.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@jasonhawke said:
@agent41 said:
@jasonhawke said:

GotGv2

Marvel ain't making anything close to groundbreaking either so let's not. For a majority( based on box office numbers and critics), Wonder Woman is a good film and not just an average film.

MCU paved the way for them numbers. MCU sets the standard for live-action superhero movies. Wonder Woman is a good film but it wasn't THAT good, it's an average MCU film.

It's not. And DC had made many hits movies before the MCU. I used numbers as one example. I also used general perception from critics.

Yes it is.

You even implied that WW wasn't anything groundbreaking yourself with your first reply.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jasonhawke

@agent41 said:
@jasonhawke said:
@agent41 said:
@jasonhawke said:
@agent41 said:
@jasonhawke said:

GotGv2

It's not. And DC had made many hits movies before the MCU. I used numbers as one example. I also used general perception from critics.

Yes it is.

You even implied that WW wasn't anything groundbreaking yourself with your first reply.

Not groundbreaking doesn't mean it's just average. And WW is a very important step for female super hero films after 3 decades of failure.

So you believe WW is better than GotGv2 purely because of that and that it's not an average MCU film?