Wonder Woman 1984 preview trailer: she is swinging from lightning !:O

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@finalkingthanos: The leaks make her weakened form seem like that to me. But her full powered form is much higher based on what I’m reading. Like the difference is night and day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220:

From what I've read shes only weakened for one part near the end before being back to normal for the final fight.

The "lower" showings on the trucks and bullets, against super strong Barbra and needing armour against final form cheetah appear to be as normal Diana in all senses except she doesnt have the sword and shield this movie.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man. That was a scene.

Never saw that coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3ad364a11c9
deactivated-5e3ad364a11c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horrible writing

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: Did you read the whole script? She clearly was weakened right after Steve came back. There’s like four scenes of her getting gradually weaker. Those aren’t low showings it said she was ‘surprised’ that the bullet hurt. And before this she struggled with a lock. She was weakened for a while. I’m pretty sure the scenes from the preview trailer were while she was weakened. Especially the fight in the hallway.

I suggest rereading tbh, she was weakened for most of the script. The chase scene and the fight scene before that was her while she was weakened.

What’s bad about needing armor to fight a strong villain. If anything it says something about Cheetah’s strength. That’s a bit of a reach. It clearly said that she got destroyed easily because she was weakened. I would take something that might help me too if I was getting beaten easily.

Patty meant what she said about Cheetah. She would be a threat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220:

I'll read through again later I didnt think she was weakened until Max gains greater power as that's the only time I noticed it was outright stated.

Looks like its gonna be a good film but feat wise she seems exactly like WW/JL.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just noticed but doesn't it seem like her other hand is pointing at the lightning bolts, like she's summoning them 🤔

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: She had some nice ones around the final fight. I don’t really count her first solo movie because for one she didn’t come into full power until like 20 minutes from the end. And it never explored her upper levels.

And after getting a lot of feats and other aspects of JL quantified it’s actually not that bad. She got a huge buff in durability, good speed feats, and a couple strength feats, and a good clarification on her striking. She actually is kind of consistent tbh between BvS and JL when I really think about it. She’s more well rounded in with her JL feats than without. Superman just got a buff and is much much better than he was. That’s fine, she still scales to about Nam and Zod level. Minus durability, but the hits she took from Clark were huge.

People lowball Steppenwolf and in turn lowball everyone else but Clark. To be fair the only thing that is stupid about the team is that they seemed incompetent at times. But Step is a beast.

We don’t see the same arguments for the Avengers in Endgame. But that’s another topic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Right! Clark hits extremely hard even before JL. And Step took a good amount of punches and a bullrush. Step is very good.

And I agree, in fact, Superman would probably fight anyone that way.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By rajjarsalt

@rijehu said:

@rajjarsalt: Thor’s cloak tearing through material that can tank re-entry is questionable because in the scene (Waianae) it’s SB that hits the ship in the fist place and the lighting protruding outside the ship looks like the same Theo generated when Thor throws SB or strikes with it. People took that one scene and hyped the LC up to the highest possible level, whole ignoring the fact that it could just was easily be his own hammer. Furthermore, basic Kryptonians could casually tear through Re-entry level metals with Their bare hands and WW could tank punches from the most powerful of them as well block them, and slice through their durability.

Well, SB does pierce it, but I think it's debatable if that's SB's own cloak or if it's off Thor's body. I'm referring to the explosions where the lightning can be seen - the lightning arc seems to extend the magnitude of those explosions just a bit. The thing is, though, IW also gives Thor's cloak another non-fodder feat in destroying one of those machines that Wanda lifted up.

Regarding the speed of Thor’s sky lightning, no one ever brings it up as a measure of his speed because A) most focus is placed on his strength and durability, and B) if he’s the cause of the lightning if the first place, what is their to measure, you know?

Well, it's not an issue of Thor's speed, rather if certain characters can dodge lightning strikes from the sky.

I’m sure your seen the Thor being moon level strength Feats and being start levels arguments. That is prevalent in these site as well.

Yeah that's a load of BS as well.

Regarding his speed though, there are arguments that since Thor has reacted to Chutari lasers, he’s light speed or near light speed. Meanwhile, when I show that Diana reacted to DD heat vision multiple times, and once at point blank range (and that the literal manual to the movie describes heat vision as a RED BEAM OF LIGHT,) I get called a wanker for saying that she has a FTL reaction. That’s the hypocrisy I speak of.

Those Chitauri lasers are at the speed of machine gun bullets at best, and an that's on-screen gif (I can try to find the specific weapon). You are right in that it's hypocrisy, but I don't think HV appears like light, nor at light speed.

No Caption Provided

That’s why I don’t hype the Ares lightning feat until I have to use it as counter logic to someone else flawed logic. It’s not her best.

Fair.

Regarding the lightning lassoing feat, even if she sees the sky lighting up, it still take insane perception to even see the strike and the path of it, and an even more insane speed to be able to move your muscles in time to not only launch the Lasso, but do so in time to catch and then swing on lighting before the strike expires. But again, we can always argue cause some will say it was an unusually long strike or find any reason to make the feat not a feat.

That's true.

I honestly have no qualms against Thor or MCU, rather I have an issue with the biased scaling and hype. If we use WW low showings for battle, then we have to use Thor’s, and vice versa. I have no problem giving Thor his credit when it’s due. But the same has to be done for WW. We all know if Thor did this feat, we would be hearing the same hype lol.

I agree in this, lol

But I’ll wait till the movie

Same here.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At what time is the trailer dropping?

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juicers said:
@cognitive said:

@thespartanb345t: The speed of lightning is significantly slower than that of light, as it's about 1/3 of it IIRC.

much slower, lightning is mach 290

The return stroke is 1/3 of lightspeed.

And Diana needs to be significantly faster than lightning to swing from it, so I'd say FTL because of that.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: imagine if your mach 200000000 calcs were actually lowballing the trinity

They were. TOAA cannot be stopped, and Robert Pattison is going to have a feat of outracing the sun's rays in The Batman, which will be a prequel to BvS.

Calling it now.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There might be context behind this feat. We should wait until the movie comes out.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a horribly inefficient means of travel. Looks cool though.

Would be so funny if they cut this from the movie but it's used in battles for months before it comes out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: theres a seemingly accurate leak of the full movie on reddit seems to clarify all of this more, move sounds like it will be great but not a big power buff as people are thinking

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At what time is the trailer dropping?

Their CCXP panel starts at 3:30 Eastern time, so somewhere around then.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

yesssssssssssssss my FEEEEEEEAAAATTTTZZZZZZZ

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neat

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

barretstrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol haters downplaying feats for a movie that even came out yet. The trailer ain't even out yet.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana is a damn legend.

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
JimJaspers20675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By JimJaspers20675

Still gets blitzed by captain marvel who is FTL.

And that Teaser is a goddamn awful.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is defiantly lightning timer now. Considering Superman is much faster than her, this mean poor thor fanboys will take this with pinch of salt.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Supermanforever
@hermes1220 said:

@ready_4_madness: Right! Clark hits extremely hard even before JL. And Step took a good amount of punches and a bullrush. Step is very good.

And I agree, in fact, Superman would probably fight anyone that way.

If this feat of wonder woman is true, that means both dceu superman and flash are faster than lightning. To tag lightning she has to be able to keep up which she couldnt do with flash and clark.

This means superman and flash have outrageous speed, which i always believed in, but couldnt prove due to lack of showings.

Considering this Supermans tier is way above of what we thought him to be and unfortunatly for mcu fans. Clark would pulverise endgame crew at this rate.

Which in return proves that Steppenwolf is not a slouch since he could take some hits and bullrushes from Clark. This guy was buldosing at ridiculous level and Stepp took some of it. People underestimte wolf badly.

Torro6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juicers said:
@cognitive said:

@thespartanb345t: The speed of lightning is significantly slower than that of light, as it's about 1/3 of it IIRC.

much slower, lightning is mach 290

The return stroke is 1/3 of lightspeed.

And Diana needs to be significantly faster than lightning to swing from it, so I'd say FTL because of that.

That's just not true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I agree which is why im sharing other possible info rather than everyone bumping threads saying Diana stomps because she swings from a lightning bolt, when its very likely we get one super powered battle in this movie and the rest fodder.

On a side note it looks a fun film.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: it's hard to say without the snydercut as well imo since in his version bullets are moving in the superman wne flash scene

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: it's hard to say without the snydercut as well imo since in his version bullets are moving in the superman wne flash scene

that was unfinished concept, never even came to the screen. Also considering wonder woman can casually periceve 1003 m/s bullets easily yet completely outmatched from superman and flash means that they are way faster than bullets. Also from what i remember those concept bullets were shots from policemen which usually carry handgun that is far from 1003 m/s

But if this is what counts then in one of those concept parts from snyder has a papper that was written about flash were it was described that he can move at the speed of light. We also saw in bvs that flash is fast enough to time travel. So just alot of hints at this level of speed, but we really couldnt pick it together. Now if this feat of ww is legit, then that means dceu top tiers are way faster than we thought.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever said:
@finalkingthanos said:

that was unfinished concept, never even came to the screen. Also considering wonder woman can casually periceve 1003 m/s bullets easily yet completely outmatched from superman and flash means that they are way faster than bullets. Also from what i remember those concept bullets were shots from policemen which usually carry handgun that is far from 1003 m/s

But if this is what counts then in one of those concept parts from snyder has a papper that was written about flash were it was described that he can move at the speed of light. We also saw in bvs that flash is fast enough to time travel. So just alot of hints at this level of speed, but we really couldnt pick it together. Now if this feat of ww is legit, then that means dceu top tiers are way faster than we thought.

That unused concept is very much likely in the recently confirmed by Snyder himself 214min Snydercut.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever said:
@finalkingthanos said:

That unused concept is very much likely in the recently confirmed by Snyder himself 214min Snydetcut.

So you are saying flash is lightspeed? Since snyder used it in his cut. That makes thing easier doesnt it? However even that cant really ignore the feat from the trailer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Already faster than 616 high tier level characters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@finalkingthanos said:

@agent41: I agree which is why im sharing other possible info rather than everyone bumping threads saying Diana stomps because she swings from a lightning bolt, when its very likely we get one super powered battle in this movie and the rest fodder.

On a side note it looks a fun film.

Ok. But being able to tag lightning is not a fodder feat in my opinion. It's a pretty damn good one. For the rest, we should wait until we see the whole film.

It is but I meant in terms of actual battles it seems like there wont be many outside of her fodderising fodder and then vs Cheetah at the end of the film. Almost every cbm characters feats and combat feats vary a lot in comparison.

Yes obviously we wait and see first lol but look at this thread and others it's already going mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: what the hell are you on about lol? I never said Flash was light speed in the SC?

I said in his version when he slows down to fight Supes there are things like bullets shown to be moving in that scene and we know all the battle are different too.

I merely brought it up because the film causes so many inconsistencies due to it being cut to pieces and 80mins of reshoots over it.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: no no i didnt mean that you said it. I said that in Snyders concept version flash was stated to be lightspeed. Thats what im talking about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: Its very likely Flash at his full potential is light speed especially if he himself or with a new suit can travel back in time.

That doesnt relate to Supes or Diana though.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair it justs just travel speed, we just have to wait and see what she does in combat.

No that can be counted for a reaction/combat speed feat as well, since she literally swung at the lightning bolt right when it appeared, and if she uses her lasso during fights it logically can't be slower than her casually traveling.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna have fun debunking the sub-relavistic claims.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like a feat arms race. At this point, if there is no underlying context to that feat, this basically puts Wonder Woman and especially Superman on an even higher level above the Avengers.

Whofartedloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldofvengerberg:

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-1984s-first-trailer-avoids-major-batman-v-superman-retcon/

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will make Superman MFTL

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like how some DCEU debaters willingly accept this with confirmation bias and everything, but turn into pseudo-physicists otherwise.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: Its very likely Flash at his full potential is light speed especially if he himself or with a new suit can travel back in time.

That doesnt relate to Supes or Diana though.

flash had no reason to hold back to superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever:

In the TC he was clearly inexperienced and during the "flash vs supes" scene Flash is crawling around backwards etc and Supes still couldn't catch him.

It's obviously shown by Whedons two reshoot scenes they are on par but Snyder seemed to have Flash obviously faster.