Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman 1984

This should go without saying, but there will be spoilers so turn away now if you don't want them. Everything I say will be subjective, my own opinion. If you have a different one, that's perfectly fine. If you want me or anyone else to care, express it respectfully or don't express it at all.

I'll start by saying exactly what I think of this movie, as you may hear me repeat throughout the forums. Wonder Woman 1984 was average, almost as uncompelling as the likes of Marvel's The Incredible Hulk or Spider-Man: Homecoming in my eyes. It doesn't matter what angle you look at this movie from, it was uninspired and bland. The acting was okay (with a couple of exceptions,) the characters were unrealistic, the visuals were out of the early 2000s and the actual plot had nothing that set it apart from the pack.

Characters

No Caption Provided

I hold to this day that characters make or break a movie, and for movies, acting is a major part. I'd say that the characters in Jenkins's flick were the equivalent of a layer of tape that had been put on and ripped off so much it only stuck with noticeable effort, and the acting was a second layer of tape that mostly made it easier to identify the mess of the first layer.

Diana, our protagonist, was not handled well. From beginning to end, she was one of the least active members of the main ensemble of characters, and her arc through the movie is hard for me to understand, even as I type. She was far from the worst member of the main cast; I'd give that honor to Barbara Minerva. Her arc was botched, unfinished, and borderline hackneyed. Even after she made her wish, it seemed she was still perfectly fine and lost nothing until, out of nowhere, she became a bad guy. She never got back the good inside her until Diana forced it back onto her; at least, I think that's what happened, because we never see Minerva redeemed, apologize, or face retribution.

Steve was only in the movie for plot convenience and to push the theme, which the movie failed at miserably. Max Lord was definitely a great antagonist, though, and after first watch I'd say he's almost as good as General Zod or, for the Marvel fans, Killmonger. His arc actually had believable elements such as the factor of loving his son, his motivation was good, and the way he used his wish was creative. Speaking of Steve and Max in the same paragraph makes me think of the acting, and both Chris Pine and Pedro Pascal did fantastic jobs with what they were given, immersing me whenever they were on screen, though not enough to cover up Steve's uselessness. Gal Gadot and Kristen Wiig did fine, but there were moments it was just... too obvious they were acting.

As far as characters go, I'd say the movie was a 6/10, but if not for Lord, I'd have to be generous if I gave it a 5/10.

Story

No Caption Provided

For those who may not know, there is a structure to a story. I won't explain it here, but Wonder Woman 1984 followed story structure about as loosely as it could get away with, and didn't add any fresh or special elements to make up for it, nor was its theme unique or, for that matter, executed satisfactorily.

Starting off with the beginning of the movie, Diana as a child was competing in a sports event. She dominates the competition for most of the inspiring and exciting run. However, when she gets distracted, she falls off the horse she was riding on and falls, meaning she may lose her lead. However, there's a path to keep in the lead, which could still let her win. She takes this path but is stopped before she can win. Here we are directly told the theme is about truth. This can be seen as logical enough, but until the very climax I didn't see how the theme was relevant. I could palpably see how they tried to force it through Steve, but they failed miserably on that front anyway.

Barbara and Diana's relationship became way too solid in way too short a time, to the point they were telling each other life stories within 12 hours of first seeing each others' faces. The wishing stone was an interesting way to cause the initial incident, but it seemed a bit too convenient for me that it could fall in Barbara's hands, then into Maxwell's. Then they figured out some information about the stone by some random dude in a garage who wasn't even acknowledged before or after that scene. They also never addressed the effects on the man who Steve had "possessed" or, as mentioned, what happened to Minerva. Maxwell's wishing powers did offer some interesting conflicts, but it couldn't carry the rest of the flaws of this story where every scene seemed to be its own separate thing. Do I even need to mention that Wonder Woman was weakened for plot convenience?

I'd give the story also a 6/10.

Visuals

No Caption Provided

The main difference between the visual aspects of the Wonder Woman sequel and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films? Raimi's films were actually made in the 2000s, but were better.

I will say, I am fairly certain I saw what Jenkins was going for. The movie had below-average CGI so it could have a lot of creative action scenes and usage of Diana's superpowers. The issue is that, unlike cartoons such as Spectacular Spider-Man, this isn't a cartoon. I went to see a live action film, not half live-action, half-animation. At least Godzilla and the Transformer movies make it look real or appealing. There were far too many visual errors with Wonder Woman, making it downright impossible to not get distracted while watching. Every time someone was sent flying, every time someone made an impossible movement, it was far too obvious that it wasn't real. Immersion couldn't be broken because I never had it.

The camerawork was also annoying. At times, I couldn't keep track of the movie for the way they used the cameras, even in their only good action scene, the car chase. As per usual, they couldn't bother to make full body CGI without using lighting so dark that a blind man would have his condition's understanding from the audience.

I'll give the visuals a 5/10 overall, but I'd say even a 3/10 would be lucky if we compared it to earlier DCEU projects. Justice League alone is inferior.

Conclusion

I give this movie a 5/10. I couldn't give it higher if I wanted. If I go to a theater, the only time I should think of the word "movie" is if I'm in the restroom. I thought the word far too many times far too consistently, meaning I couldn't emotionally attach myself. Pedro Pascal was carrying this movie like Atlas carried Earth, if the Earth had its insides, the Pacific Ocean and three continents removed.

Thank you for reading my review.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rajjarsalt

Damn. Detective the film-critic needs to take notes.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cocacolaman: great review that’s how I felt about the movie And Mando did carry this film

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your hard work didn't go unnoticed. What a legend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fe755c619ec3
deactivated-5fe755c619ec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is disappointing to hear.

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great Review

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great Review - This well incapsulated a lot of my thoughts on the movie. I can’t speak for you, but personally I really wished the movie had leaned into it’s campiness as I thought those parts were the most enjoyable of the movie. Diana trying to talk about the truth - not enjoyable, Pedro Pascal tricking people into making wishes with an incredibly over the top performance - fun as hell. I do think it was cool how the movie pulled a bait and switch that only applied to comic fans in terms of Diana killing Max Lord on TV.

The other main thing to me was that I didnt care about Steve at all in this movie.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9 krisbishop  Moderator

Pedro Pascal was carrying this movie like Atlas carried Earth, if the Earth had its insides, the Pacific Ocean and three continents removed.

Sums it up, well said.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@escrow said:

Pedro Pascal was carrying this movie like Atlas carried Earth, if the Earth had its insides, the Pacific Ocean and three continents removed.

Sums it up, well said.

This is the way

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie was better than the first one imo. Sticking the landing is as imortant as the ride and this movie definitely did that in comparison to the first movie.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah saw the movie last night. Never held my interest.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#14 frozen  Moderator
eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nice Review! Sucks to hear that, but it sounds about on par with nearly everything else I’ve heard on the film. Will definitely check it out soon.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis

This film kind of sucked imo. I loved Shazam so the cheese factor can't be it when it comes to my viewing experience here. I think the structural flaws of the DCEU are finally catching up. Gal Gadot is a sub par actor, period and this time she wasn't benefiting from the novelty factor or identity politics and she didn't have poor versions of Batman and Superman and various other DC heroes to look good against. Gadot was straight up flat and it was obvious that this was just a good looking model trying to act.

The action was shockingly low for an action film and what we got was astonishingly boring. I know some Snyder bots are smugly going around saying it sucks because it's light and cheesy but truth is that this film right here is exactly the sort of flick Zack Snyder would make if he decided to make his heroes light hearted. I'm just shocked at Jenkin's film making ability because I rated her higher.

I couldn't find myself invested in a single character, only Max seemed somewhat compelling. The story and main beats of this film were laughable. A wish granting stone drove the plot? are you kidding me?

Overall it was a chore to get through and Wonder Woman's lack of good rogues and definite stories also contributed to the film's mediocrity. Not only was it bad but it was bad in the same way the Pre Nolan/MCU films were bad. This is a film that belongs with Quest for peace and Batman Forever. Don't think anyone will even remember this a month from now, I certainly won't and perhaps that's for the best.

They should just reboot the DCEU after Aquaman 2.

Agee with your review and score.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Gal was actually more wonderful in this movie than the first one. She encompasses WW wonderfully 😏

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Gal was actually more wonderful in this movie than the first one. She encompasses WW wonderfully 😏

She was flat and trying too hard at acting. Looking good in a costume can only get you so far, CocaColaMan's observation about her and Wiig's performance is spot on. At times their performance was so obvious that I was half expecting a voice to say "cut".

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: i disagree entirely. I felt the emotion and sincerity from their performanc, particularly Gal. I guess you guys just agree with the critical consensus which is fine. I'm more in line with the audience. Wondy is the best female represention of a cbm character from page to big screen imo.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Well. I'm not really agreeing with the critics at all because when I first looked at the reviews a couple of days ago the film was above 80%. I only discovered it's steep decline after I watched the film.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This review is very accurate it’s just an ok so so movie 🍿

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This film kind of sucked imo. I loved Shazam so the cheese factor can't be it when it comes to my viewing experience here. I think the structural flaws of the DCEU are finally catching up. Gal Gadot is a sub par actor, period and this time she wasn't benefiting from the novelty factor or identity politics and she didn't have poor versions of Batman and Superman and various other DC heroes to look good against. Gadot was straight up flat and it was obvious that this was just a good looking model trying to act.

The action was shockingly low for an action film and what we got was astonishingly boring. I know some Snyder bots are smugly going around saying it sucks because it's light and cheesy but truth is that this film right here is exactly the sort of flick Zack Snyder would make if he decided to make his heroes light hearted. I'm just shocked at Jenkin's film making ability because I rated her higher.

I couldn't find myself invested in a single character, only Max seemed somewhat compelling. The story and main beats of this film were laughable. A wish granting stone drove the plot? are you kidding me?

Overall it was a chore to get through and Wonder Woman's lack of good rogues and definite stories also contributed to the film's mediocrity. Not only was it bad but it was bad in the same way the Pre Nolan/MCU films were bad. This is a film that belongs with Quest for peace and Batman Forever. Don't think anyone will even remember this a month from now, I certainly won't and perhaps that's for the best.

Damn Zack Snyder catching strays

I wonder why you think this because it makes absolutely no sense. Is it just because it's a bad movie? And I'm not shocked at all. The first WW was littered with issues that covered up for the same reasons you mentioned. You were just blinded by your dislike of the previous movies. I will say that this movie dialed everything wrong with the first one up to 10 though. And yes, when you start making movies with the intent to make them light and cheesy it's fair to say that pandering negatively affects the quality of the movie. It's the same thing with Shazam. I don't know why certain people think CBM's have to be family fun and heartwarming. You reap what you sow I guess.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Yeah. Patty Jenkins dropped the ball on this one imo. Movie was also so boring at times I'd rather watch movies I actually dislike in the Dceu like BVS or JL

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Bad movie. Big drop in writing quality.

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NicolascageGOD

@escrow said:

Sums it up, well said.

Definitely. Pedro was amazing.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis

@buttersdaman000 said:
@entropy_aegis said:

Damn Zack Snyder catching strays

I wonder why you think this because it makes absolutely no sense. Is it just because it's a bad movie? And I'm not shocked at all. The first WW was littered with issues that covered up for the same reasons you mentioned. You were just blinded by your dislike of the previous movies. I will say that this movie dialed everything wrong with the first one up to 10 though. And yes, when you start making movies with the intent to make them light and cheesy it's fair to say that pandering negatively affects the quality of the movie. It's the same thing with Shazam. I don't know why certain people think CBM's have to be family fun and heartwarming. You reap what you sow I guess.

I think this because it has flaws similar to Snyder's films. A good looking lead with paper thin acting ability, villains that are cliched , action that is subpar but hides behind being "epic", simplistic story that goes from A to B to C without really offering any surprises or turns, poor pacing, CGI overload and CGI that doesn't even look good. It's practically a Zack Snyder film except it's campy, which is why I said this felt like this was Snyder trying to make a lighthearted superhero film.

Shazam was fine as was the first flick and this too was better than Zack's films. I was just surprised at how similar the flaws were.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad pacing, unimaginative action, poor visual effects, lazy, convenient, convoluted Script, Clichê... How many is Hollywood going to make the Russia/USA nuclear crisis, that doesn't happen at the last second?

Perhaps the worse part is that...Even if the the narrative was any good, i still would not see it working with this kind of execution.

I liked the characters (except for Cheetah last form design), but its not like there was the needed character development that i would like to see...

If the Original Wonder Woman is *8/10, and SS like 3/10 (best and worse of Wdc movies) this sequel must be 4/10.

*Comic book movie parameters.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OrangeBat

Goddamn, Pedro Pascal was basically to this movie what Chris Pine was to the first Wonder Woman film. Gal Gadot can't act worth a damn but it was kind of less noticeable in the original because they kept distracting you with World War I action scenes. Here, around 70% of the movie is just people talking and spoon-feeding you plot points, which requires Gadot to put some effort in and she just can't. Which isn't surprising, she was so bad at trying to fake a different accent for the first movie that Jenkins' literally had all the other Amazon actresses learn to imitate her Israeli one.

I wasn't really all that shocked with the idiocy of the overall story because I'd read a leak of the movie about a year back which nailed basically all the major plot points except for how little action there would be. And I still don't know what the hell was the point of setting this movie in the 80s as opposed to the 60s, 70s, 90s or the modern day. Cheetah's CGI was Cats-level bad, the rest of it was also pretty awful but could've been given a pass if the other parts of the movie were good.

And also, did Wonder Woman basically rape that dude who got possessed by Steve?

EDIT: And finally, the entire moral of the movie is not borne out by its story. The moral is supposed to be "honesty is the best policy, don't lie or delude yourself" but the plot is built around the "there are things that you want that you shouldn't have" moral i.e. Diana wants Steve back but ultimately learns that she needs to accept that he's dead. So when they keep yammering on about truth or whatever, it doesn't click.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cocacolaman  Moderator

It's sad, really. This movie had next to no politics or agenda involved. Real shame it was so bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman:

Just finished watching.

Legit the first thing I said to myself “it was whatever”.

What a downgrade from the first one.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everything you said. I found it to be just “ok” after watching it twice. I saw Patty Jenkins helped wrote the script for this movie, and I think this is one of those examples where the directors probably should’ve stuck to directing (just my opinion).

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I don’t know how Warner Bros. didn’t get this one right. I mean, this movie was supposed to come out late/earlier this or last year but didn’t due to COVID-19. They had plenty of time to improve the quality, but this is the best we got? I’m disappointed not just with Patty Jenkins as a director (for me this hurt her cred) but Warner Bros handling of the DCEU.

freestyler1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still give it 6 or maybe 6,5 because it had many fun parts and was at least not as bad as Batman vs Superman or Justice Legue who get a 5 out of 10 from me, but it was a big downgrade from the first one.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: I don't get the call for a reboot after every DCEU movie . It's obvious they don't give a dang about continuity, so rebooting won't really do much. Gal is still a great Diana imo, they just need better screenwriters.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I don't get the call for a reboot after every DCEU movie . It's obvious they don't give a dang about continuity, so rebooting won't really do much. Gal is still a great Diana imo, they just need better screenwriters.

This is the first time I've made such a call (on a full universe scale). I thought that Wonder Woman and Aquaman would continue to be winners but that's not the case. Right now this "universe" exists not because of the characters but because WB thinks Margot Robbie, Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa are more important than they actually are. With how the former have performed this year alone I think it's time to just reboot. There's just no point in continuing with versions who have such weak foundations. There's no changing the fact that all 3 of them made their debut in terrible movies. That 2 of them were cast by Zack Snyder and are not even good actors. Making films with Momoa and Gadot is a major gamble. On top of that WB seems to have a massive CGI problem. It's time to go low scale now, no need for stupid CGI villains like Cheetah. If they don't have the tools for the job then they should adapt their strategy.

Shazam/Black Adam can continue as usual but the rest of the universe needs to be revamped from the ground up. These characters can survive without Gadot, Robbie and Momoa. Disney just straight up decided to continue Black Panther without Boseman. That's how you know how strong the MCU is.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

At first, watching the movie last night, I reallly thought after the first half that this is a half-botched movie. The cheesiness which they were going for, the weak dialogue which they were really forcing to sound like the 80s, the weak chemistry between Barbara and Diana, all of that really put me off. When Pedro Pascal took over the stage and really got into the Max Lord character the movie certainly got better. At the end I was left with the impression that the movie wasn't bad, almost as good as the first one. However, now after reading your review, really pointing out the flaws of the movie I can say that I certainly agree and wouldn't give it more than a 5.5-6/10 myself.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By buttersdaman000

@entropy_aegis said:

I think this because it has flaws similar to Snyder's films. A good looking lead with paper thin acting ability, villains that are cliched , action that is subpar but hides behind being "epic", simplistic story that goes from A to B to C without really offering any surprises or turns, poor pacing, CGI overload and CGI that doesn't even look good. It's practically a Zack Snyder film except it's campy, which is why I said this felt like this was Snyder trying to make a lighthearted superhero film.

Shazam was fine as was the first flick and this too was better than Zack's films. I was just surprised at how similar the flaws were.

I disagree. I think that's a very shallow, biased analysis. I mean, outside of adaptations that call for good looking leads, most of his leading men/women are either "everyday men/women", or have a very alt look to them. I mean, are you really trying to hang him for casting a good looking Superman? I'm kind of confused why you lead with that. It really does seem like you're going out your way to rope Snyder into this because none of your points are really unique to him. Anyways, we're not going to agree here. I was just wondering why you thought that because it made no sense to me.

Eh, I thought the movie was trash. Like it belonged on the Disney channel. I don't know why CBM's have become synonymous with wholesomeness, humor, and family fun to the point where people expect them all to have that type of tone and get mad when they don't. Most of the comics I read don't give me that vibe. I'm not the biggest Captain Marvel fan but, hell, even though he's a kid who can turn in a super powered adult the comics I have read of him are a lot more mature than what we got.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

Casting actors who can't act, are wooden or struggle to give a convincing performance are the hallmarks of Zack's CBMs. He's far too obsessed with looks and muscles. He had Ray Fisher workout...like WHY? His character barely has any flesh LMAO. Henry Cavill being good looking isn't the problem. But he's stiff and wooden and has the personality of a plank as Superman. Fact is that no one else would've cast Gadot and Affleck in those roles arguably Momoa too. Zack goes for superficial things and he can't get a good performance out of these people. Cavill's muscles and looks coupled with his wooden acting actually makes his performance worse/more frustrating. Because then it becomes obvious why he was given the role.

It's not about the comics at all. It's just that why should Shazam not be a family and kid friendly movie? I found the movie mature, yes it was cheesy and campy but that doesn't make it immature. It landed mature themes in a sensible and acceptable fashion.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

Casting actors who can't act, are wooden or struggle to give a convincing performance are the hallmarks of Zack's CBMs. He's far too obsessed with looks and muscles. He had Ray Fisher workout...like WHY? His character barely has any flesh LMAO. Henry Cavill being good looking isn't the problem. But he's stiff and wooden and has the personality of a plank as Superman. Fact is that no one else would've cast Gadot and Affleck in those roles arguably Momoa too. Zack goes for superficial things and he can't get a good performance out of these people. Cavill's muscles and looks coupled with his wooden acting actually makes his performance worse/more frustrating. Because then it becomes obvious why he was given the role.

It's not about the comics at all. It's just that why should Shazam not be a family and kid friendly movie? I found the movie mature, yes it was cheesy and campy but that doesn't make it immature. It landed mature themes in a sensible and acceptable fashion.

Wait, Affleck and Cavil can't act now? Or are you saying they're too good looking to act? Actually, never mind, like I said, we're not going to agree. I was just curious.

So, if it's not about the comics then why do you have problems with the DCEU characters not being faithful, or adapted in the way you'd expect? And you found Shazam mature? Disney Channel original movies have more "mature" themes than Shazam but they're still disney movies is all im saying. These movies are a perfect representation of the old misconception that comics are for kids. Its funny because i've noticed that the same people who'd argue that comics aren't really for kids are the same people who have no problem with the movies being aimed at kids. And i'm not saying that adults can't enjoy them. I enjoyed Soul, for example, a kid movie with mature, layered themes which I still don't think Shazam really had enough to be noted. Anyways, I would still call it a kid movie though but also being much more "adult" friendly than Shazam.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By entropy_aegis

@buttersdaman000: Both of them have limited range and Zack is more obsessed with how they look than anything else.

It's not about them being adapted the way I expect them to. It's about Zack struggling to make sense of his own versions, his juvenile attitude and incredibly simplistic approach and then there's the fact that Zack's fanbase often brings up the comicbook accuracy argument because of his ability to make his characters look a certain way (see Batfleck and Miller's Batman).

For example, I never complained about Batman being a killer(not to a significant degree at least), my complaint was how boring Zack's Batman is. He literally just mows down enemies with guns. A more creative director would've found other ways to make Batman look cool. His Batmobile for instance literally has guns, guns, more guns and a rope. Nolan's Tumblr despite being a more brutal looking and utilitarian vehicle still did a whole lot of other stuff. In addition to canons, it could jump long distances, had camouflage mode, the Batpod, self destruct sequence etc. These things make you feel like Batman, same goes for Burton. His Batman used the Batmobile exhaust to set a dude on fire, I still remember that scene, Zack's car just shoots people. If I wanted a gun toting vigilante then I'd just watch Punisher. This is why I don't care about Zack, his work is dull and boring, he refuses to be creative and on top of that he refuses to learn. He's completely unwilling to dial it back a little and do some introspection. His head is also stuck up Frank Miller's ass, which is just sad because Miller doesn't give a crap about adaptations of his work. A recent report on Batfleck's Deathstroke movie literally said that Born Again was a big influence...WTF? did they run out of Batman stories? and how did they look at Deathstroke and decide he'd be a good analogue for Kingpin? was it the name Wilson? LOL.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you have been demanding reboots, I was speaking in general as people have been saying "reboot it" every since Suicide Squad. But I stand by that they can just keep making individual movies and focus on those being good. It seems like since Aquaman has come out that's what they've been trying to do. Rebooting really won't help the current status.

As for the actors. I don't think they're that bad. And replacing them would only cause further confusion

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I'd say BvS was better. First Wonder Woman was much better. Shazam was worse. Birds of Prey was better. Hope that gives you some idea.

Was more disappointed with the final fight. The whole movie was dragging and I was just thinking "Its alright, surely the final fight with Cheetah will make it all worthwhile". Was a miss.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do agree that WW84 was more so geared towards kids than any recent superhero big budget movie. But I think that was intentional on the part of Patty Jenkins.

Her decisions to make Diana more passive & stereotypical would have been better if she was directing a superman movie. She was largely inspired by Superman hence her creative choices. Instead of lobbying for a Superman movie she tried to shift WW to suit her preferences.

Overall for me WW84 was 4/10 (worse than BvS but better than Suicide Squad). There were a lot of comic inaccuracies that aren't justified, low quality and few action scenes, uninteresting plot and bad cgi.