I don't see it happening.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Definitely no.

It'd be stupid because there'd be no reason for them to work like this together.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I doubt it. It wouldn't really be A Force with no She Hulk or Dazzler or even Medusa.

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet it's on their wishlist. But it makes no sense in terms of the story for the MCU. Why would there be a team with just females

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Penguin-Dust

I think we’re more likely to see a female team collected in a female hero solo movie. Thor Ragnarok was a Thor-solo film on paper, but it was really a Thor-led team movie with Thor, Loki, Hulk and Valkyrie coming together for the purpose of defeating Hela. I could see Captain Marvel 2 being about her joining up with Valkyrie, Scarlet Witch and the Wasp to defeat some big-bad. The focus would remain Captain Marvel, but it would feature several female heroes who get pulled into the fight for their own reasons.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

As much as i like to see that no

there are tons of other things mcu need to address

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My biggest issue is with peoples reactions to the all female hero team. I don’t get the problem with it? Do u hate all male hero teams?

Like I really don’t get it.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I don't think one will be made soon, at least not in the next phase anyway. I wouldn't mind seeing one actually, as long as there is a reason why only the women will be there and it's not a SJW-fest.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be good, but they need to keep the female characters as people rather than agendas

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Penguin-Dust

@mickey-mouse said:

My biggest issue is with peoples reactions to the all female hero team. I don’t get the problem with it? Do u hate all male hero teams?

Like I really don’t get it.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it has less to do with the sex of the team as opposed to the reason they come together. If the producers are going to purposely exclude males then there has to be a reason other than a political or social agenda. It would have to be explained within the story other than Yadda-Yadda-Man was off stage on some other adventure we never see. If the producers create the MCU's A-Force to fight Hela or Morgan le Fay audiences would ask "Where's Thor, Dr. Strange or the Hulk?" If this threat is so great why not pull in all of the remaining heroes? Now, it is possible to create such stories as seen in the Justice League/JL Unlimited series episodes "Grudge Match" and "Fury". Announcing you're making an all-female team movie without context is the problem, not the creation of the team itself.

I, personally am not a fan of all-male teams. In fact, my favorite teams are made up of both sexes; The Fantastic Four, The Doom Patrol, The New Mutants, The (original) Teen Titans, etc...

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet we will see something like this in phase 5

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: Why do you need special context? Groups of females work together to solve problems in real life so why can’t they do it in a movie just like male teams. The only time I see an agenda driven project is in the case of ghostbusters and Star Wars. Where you have a male character or characters pushed aside in favor of female characters.

This wouldn’t be the case in this situation.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: We ask and ignore those “where’s so and so questions every MCU movie now anywho” look at the Spiderman trailer it skips right over that question.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By killbilly  Moderator
@mickey-mouse said:

@Penguin-Dust: Why do you need special context? Groups of females work together to solve problems in real life so why can’t they do it in a movie just like male teams. The only time I see an agenda driven project is in the case of ghostbusters and Star Wars. Where you have a male character or characters pushed aside in favor of female characters.

This wouldn’t be the case in this situation.

It doesn't need "special context." It just needs normal context. I.E. a plausible reason for why there were no other male heroes available to become involved. That's what they were saying.

@Penguin-Dust: We ask and ignore those “where’s so and so questions every MCU movie now anywho” look at the Spiderman trailer it skips right over that question.

And that's a bad thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, Most of the MCU female characters have same bland personality. The only one that stands out is Mantis and Nebula.

They will have fundamentally flesh out their characters to be contrast each other and have enjoyable chemistry like original MCU Male Avengers team or Guardians or revengers

It is still possible with very clever writing and fanservice

I would love to see Wanda and Captain Marvel fighting each other like Hulk and Thor in First Avengers movie

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

They better.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: Yes. But, do you get you wouldn’t ask the same question if WS, Black Panther, Antman, Hawkeye, And War-machine teamed up in a west Coast avengers film? I doubt people would ask; gee why didn’t they invite any of the female heroes?

It’s a normal thing. How many comics have we read where a new villain shows up and beats up (insert Batman/Spider-Man etc) are they supposed to call in their entire team each time they face any difficulty?

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: Yes. But, do you get you wouldn’t ask the same question if WS, Black Panther, Ant-man, Hawkeye, And War-machine teamed up in a west Coast avengers film? I doubt people would ask; gee why didn’t they invite any of the female heroes?

It’s a normal thing. How many comics have we read where a new villain shows up and beats up (insert Batman/Spider-Man etc) are they supposed to call in their entire team each time they face any difficulty?

The problem with your first question is that every MCU team movie has been a comprised of male and female heroes. Even many of the solo-hero outing have included a hero mix of both sexes. An all-male team on screen would immediately garner attention and fans would ask where's Scarlet Witch, the Wasp and Valkyrie who is now living on Earth. For Civil War, I remember fans asking where's Thor and the Hulk because they were important characters to the Avengers team and the movie was about the dissolution of that team. Where were these key members of that team? I also remember a lot of fans wondering if the Wasp would appear in Civil War since she was teased at the end of the original Ant-Man movie. Prior to Infinity War fans asked where are Hawkeye and the Ant-Man? It was explained away that they made deals with the government because they had families. I never liked that excuse because all of the heroes have families and the first thing Bruce says is that Thanos will kill everyone, but that's just another gripe I have with IW. When relevant heroes are excluded, fans ask why.

For your second question it depends of the threat of the villain. If you need to gather the strength and skills of Winter Soldier, Black Panther, the Ant-Man, Hawkeye and War-Machine then leaving out the Wasp, Scarlet Witch, and Valkyrie as well as Spider-Man seems stupid. Fans would ask "Why and where is...?" just as they have in the past. What is it about this particular villain that only the men-folk can handle? The story would need context even more so today because, as stated above, of the MCU's history of male and female team composition.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be interested in this. But the biggest pro would be seeing idiot Viners losing their shit over it.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: I don’t think it would be as huge as a deal as you’re making it out to be. It’s not as if the presence or lack there of certain characters caused any of those films or others to collapse.

1. Didn’t all of those movies Civil War, IW, Cap 2(called for no help although world stakes were involved outside of the Falcon, BW and Fury)

All of those movies worked and were great.

Also the bigger the roster grows(Sheng Chi , The Eternals, (rumored possibly Moonknight), etc. The more ridiculous the amount of excuses you would have to make as to why said character didn’t just simply solve their problem by calling for more help.

You can just ignore it and move on unless it’s a major factor within the story like not asking a magic character for help during s magic fight would seem odd.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@mickey-mouse said:

@killbilly: Yes. But, do you get you wouldn’t ask the same question if WS, Black Panther, Antman, Hawkeye, And War-machine teamed up in a west Coast avengers film? I doubt people would ask; gee why didn’t they invite any of the female heroes?

No, I don't get that because I WOULD question why that was. It might be a normal thing to you, but not to most people who think logically.