Will the DCEU make a comeback in the next 5 years?

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will the DCEU make a comeback in the next 5 years? (36 votes)

Yes 19%
No 47%
Maybe 36%

After all of the movies come out, will they catch up?

• 
Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not with enough of an impact to meet Marvel's level.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given their current trajectory. No.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There should not be a DCEU. DC don't how to build a cinematic universe and instead should focus on just solo movies.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, they are idiots.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really need proper direction.

No Caption Provided
Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started as a DC fan, now no longer care to see any DCEU movie

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it will have a great comeback.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There should not be a DCEU. DC don't how to build a cinematic universe and instead should focus on just solo movies.

this one here. Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Batman Begins, the Losers, Batman - there were all great solo movies. the moment they started to link it up, it became shiat.

stillsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. DC's next move in a few years will be what deep down we all know they should have done in the first place. A BCU. Batman cinematic universe. All of those Harley movies, Joker origins etc.. Will all be part of s rebooted BCU. The DCEU is already dead.

But...the BCU will fail to. Just slower then the DCEU did.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC should do their own thing, they don't have to follow Marvel. DC's plenty successful without the movies with the world's 3 most iconic and 2 most popular characters ever with the third one being close.

In my mind they should just have made solo, non-connected movies. A part of why I started to get tired of the MCU was because it felt like the movies were no more than build-ups to a cash grab, and every movie started to feel the same. Homecoming, Ragnarok, Guardians, Panther, it all had a similar feel to it (I loved Ragnarok, Homecoming and GotG2 though). DC should have their own unique movies and characters like they're supposed to be.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. I'm thinking it will.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a possibility but its somewhat unlikely with how they're churning the films out and changing their objectives on the first signs of trouble.

The main issue here are the Warner Bros executives, they're trying to cash in as soon as possible and not taking time like Marvel did which ruins the experience. Imagine you rushed in cooking chicken, it looks promising[ish] but once you take a bit its raw and unsatisfactory. That's what WB execs are doing to the DCEU.

Instead of trying to outdo Marvel at their own game they should be patient and try to improve their own film's quality which is doing wonders for Marvel, just look at their villains.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deathstroke512

@stillsick said:

Nope. DC's next move in a few years will be what deep down we all know they should have done in the first place. A BCU. Batman cinematic universe. All of those Harley movies, Joker origins etc.. Will all be part of s rebooted BCU. The DCEU is already dead.

But...the BCU will fail to. Just slower then the DCEU did.

You won't believe me but I was actually worried about you captain salt,nice to have you back.What were you upto,solo DCEU destroy mission?Are you still sick?Anyway great idea ,I wouldn't mind a bcu but there are so many characters that they haven't tried yet and at the end batfans will get all the flak for "stealing their fav. Characters popularity". But if they do start bcu better get rid of fatfleck with a young cool batman and would be better if they just include other major martial artists along with batfam.

No Caption Provided

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After hitting a stumbling block, WB needs to decide what type of deal they're going for. Is it still a cinematic universe or is it random projects based on DC properties like the Nolan days?

Cuz right now, it's a head scratcher with 2 different Joker movies, The Batman stand-alone, and about 5 Harley Quin movies which has to connected I'd assume. They'll make money on certain properties, but they really need to get their ish together.

DevisedDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not in its current state. With all the movies they're supposedly planning, they really need to rethink their direction and focus on quality not quantity.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh let’s just be happy that we saw MOS and WW and ignore the others (except BVS ultimate edition)