Will The Avengers: Infiinty War be too much for general audiences to understand?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrmonster

This topic was addressed on the John Campea show today, so I wanted to hear your thoughts on it?

Do you think that this movie, with the Guardians, and Doctor Strange, and Wakanda, and the fallout from Civil War, might just be too much for newer, more general fans to understand?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mrmonster

Personally, I say no. Fans like us really overestimate how complicated these MCU/DCEU movies are for general audiences. Prior to last November, the only DCEU movie my mom and my sister had seen was Wonder Woman, and yet they were both able to follow and unerstand Justice League just fine.

Honestly, how much do you really "need" to know to understand Infinity War. That Stark and Rogers had a feud? That can be figured out through context. That Gamora already knows Thanos? I'm sure that'll come up in the movie's dialogue. That Wakanda is super advanced nation? Again, context will give that away.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Naa they may be confused about who people are what Infinity Stones are and be clueless to the Universe, but at the end of the day a film is a film. It's going to have a plot line throughout it will explain what is happening with context at the most it will reference other films but for a new watcher at the end of the day they can just look at it as a film in itself and enjoy it. The difference would be if it was going to be a part 1 and 2 thing you'd have to watch part 1 to understand e.g-Deathly Hallows part 1 and 2 you need to see part 1 but not the rest of the Harry Potter films.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When a movie about people in tights punching each other over magic space rocks is too hard for the general public to understand, you know it's time to just drop some nukes and end it all.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can it not makes sense, unless they made it Far more talking than action.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Bad guy wants a thing for bad. Good guys want to stop bad guy from doing bad thing. Its downright Shakespearean in complexity. The trailer laid out the plot in one line.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you watch John too I see.

On Topic: Maybe for some but not for most. Marvel knows not to make it too complex for people to understand. The trailers have also demonstrated Thanos's goal to wipe out half the universe. So most people know what's going on in general.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When a movie about people in tights punching each other over magic space rocks is too hard for the general public to understand, you know it's time to just drop some nukes and end it all.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Sometimes you just have to watch a movie a few times to get it

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Lol no. It's a movie about a bunch of people dressed in armours and capes fighting a big purple alien.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, they need 300+ IQ like your average viner to understand it.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Veshark

The MCU's always done an admirable job of balancing comic-book lore and continuity with approachable stories and relatable characters. The billions they rake in with each film is proof enough that they know how to make stuff accessible to the general audience.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie seems to be pretty simple.

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's not a DCEU Movie so No.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol no. It's a movie about a bunch of people dressed in armours and capes fighting a big purple alien.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU is for children, of course it's easy to follow. Not a single one of the film's has been thought provoking, they're all just turn your brain of movies.

Bad guy shows up like the other films, heroes lose at first, Cap sees Bucky in danger, then Avengers win.

Someone important might die but it's MCU so probably not, they'll leave it up in the air so actor can return later.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they do the FULL adaptation from the comics and somehow cram it in 2 and a half hours and then yes, it would be too much.

Like shit, General audience got their panties in a twist seeing Metropolis get wrecked in Man Of Steel, How do you think they would react to Thanos destroying half of the Universe?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b_r023: They wouldn't react because the half the universe would be snapped back into existence with no consequence, so there wouldn't be a need for the audience to turn there brain on to contemplate the scale of what happened.

Nor would it be shown, someone would just say it happened but without actually seeing the death per se why care?

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saberscar223

@b_r023: Remind me who was Zod fighting when tens of thoutsands of people were killed

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither is Infinity War a DCEU movie, nor is it gonna be a Misunderstood Masterpiece, so No.

Infinity War will be the biggest comic book blockbuster ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: Well, tens of thousands seems like an exaggeration but that is nothing compared to what Thanos has done in the Infinity War storyline anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorb777: Dunno man... people are weird. Its 2018, very easy to offend the public.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it´s not like they are adapting the Hickman run.

darth_omega_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it, a lot of general people knows about Marvel comics but has never read them, by watching these movies it will convince them to do some research on the characters and their stories to get a better understanding of them. This happened with me and star wars (the first 3 films) and now I'm familiar with its universe.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b_r023: Thanos is a Villian doing Villian stuff though so I doubt people will flip out over him wiping a universe or half over a “Hero” fighting a Villian and getting tens of thousands killed.

Ps: I think Bruce said tens of thousands were killed in that battle in BvS when talking to Alfred

Dession_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A guy with beard stops a pink guy who is bald.

What's hard to follow or understand?