Will Superman be weaker in the Snyder Cut?

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will Superman be weaker in the Snyder Cut? (56 votes)

Definitely, he'll be an underdog 16%
Yes, but not that much 18%
No, he stays the same like in the TC 30%
On the contrary - He's stronger than in the TC 36%

We all know how powerful Superman was in the TC, where he decisively beats the Justice League and straight up stomps Steppenwolf.

However, I keep hearing things from other people saying that the League proves to be too much for Superman and overwhelms him and/or that Steppenwolf curbstomps him badly. Or other things like that...

Personally, I still want Superman to beat both the League and Steppenwolf, but he definitely should work for it more than he did in the TC. I wouldn't go too overboard to the extreme and have them completely dominate/one-shot him with ease.

Will Superman's power be reduced either slightly or a lot to the point where he's weaker than even Wonder Woman and Aquaman? Or not at all? What are your thoughts?

• 
Sonath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same, people just wank too much.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might get better scaling to Flash given Barry's gonna get some good feats, but there's a 0% chance he's portrayed as powerfully compared to the League/Steppensuck as he was in the theatrical release.

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully yes

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will get even better speed feats from scaling to Barry given he'll almost match Barry in combat speed and Barry will be portrayed fast enough to be able to time travel.

He'll die again in the Mother Box explosion which means either bad energy durability or the same level as he was before (depending upon how much damage the mother box explosion does to the surroundings).

Strength wise, he'll probably be in the same league. Its Steppenwolf who will be upgraded. Wolf will be strong enough to contend with Superman for a while and won't get treated like a ragdoll.

The rest is still unclear

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll die again in the Mother Box explosion which means either bad energy durability or the same level as he was before (depending upon how much damage the mother box explosion does to the surroundings).

Interesting. Where did that come from?

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’ll be the same but Steppenwolf will be on par with him.

So basically every Superman vs Steppenwolf shot in the TC was all Whedon's? Not a single Snyder shot?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theomnidoctor:

If I'm not wrong, Snyder had suggested this on Vero. Apparently Superman and Cyborg either fail to separate the boxes or the separation creates an explosion that kills everyone. Flash is out saving civilians but then he time travels and ends up reversing the deaths or something like that.

Waiting for someone to back me up on this

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then there's another claim that Steppenwolf uses the mother boxes to mind control Superman while Cyborg fails to separate them.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HarryNorine

Superman was too OP in the Justice league movie. He basically could have soloed and finish the enemies on his own which makes you question what is the point of the other team at all. Even the scene where he was resurrected and not even at full power but still managed to beat the entire justice league is ridiculous and makes the entire league look completely useless.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of Superman's best feats are from MoS and BvS, which Snyder directed. So I seriously doubt he'll be weaker in Justice League. More than likely everyone else will just be at a higher tier to be competitive with him in some way.

Iron_Hand_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black suit Sups is suposed to be weaker due to less sun radition.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman was too OP in the Justice league movie. He basically could have soloed and finish the enemies on his own which makes you question what is the point of the other team at all. Even the scene where he was resurrected and not even at full power but still managed to beat the entire justice league is ridiculous and makes the entire league look completely useless.

That happens in the comics too. That’s why he keeps getting brainwashed, conveniently incapacitated, or mysteriously not there. when he is there he forgets all of his powers until he gets mad and gets those red eyes.

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not statue-ing Steppenwolf in the trailer, that's the answer.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AbstractRaze

@harrynorine: What? Superman was always way more powerful during the beginnings of the Justice League, it was the case in comics too and that's exactly what pushed others to the top. Wonder Woman couldn't fly, those being the case during the Golden Age, later on, she was crafted by the God Hermes with the abilities to fly, but before, in the Silver Age, Diana gained the ability to glide on air, Barry Allen started to develop his own abilities and explore deeper into the Speedforce as well and he even shared his advancements with the Kryptonians.

Here in DC Rebirth, Superman is using Flash's technique.

No Caption Provided

-

That's not ridiculous, that's character development because one as the weakling, one sees the strong and one aspires to reach the top and compete with the one who made you look like an utter weakling.

That's called competition, DC's is suited for mature people in average, it's not a franchise that introduces every single fan service into people's asses.

Superman was meant to be the pinnacle, it's just pride and the anger to be a damn utter weakling, those pushing one to aspire for greater goals, and suddenly things start to look different and the one who was at the peak, starts valuing and considering certain things one worked hard for, one starts catching up.

PS:

If you can't deal with that, don't read DC anymore, quit DC and focus on anything else, DC doesn't need a spoiled public.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

indominus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

no. he'll look weaker but only because the others are made stronger

Torrentio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Torrentio

@abstractraze:

Love how you snuck in the evergreen nonsense of DC is for mature people

Also I don't think there was ever shown that anybody wanted to be like Superman in power. They were inspired by his heroism.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze:

Also I don't think there was ever shown that anybody wanted to be like Superman in power. They were inspired by his heroism.

It's the case, do you feel offended by such because I guess you are principally a Marvel fan? Marvel has its mature writings too, well, but DC is for a mature public in average, that's the reality, now because it's the case, doesn't necessarily low ball Marvel at all, it are just different directions and writing priorities.

Yes, of course, that's not even worth mentioning, that's a standard, everything starts by the individual.

Superman was way more capable during the beginnings, other heroes wanted to keep up instead of being a last, that's the reality here.

Torrentio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About the topic, all I can say is if he weaker, DCEU fanboys will cry. If he isn't and stronger, DCEU haters will cry. Either way there are going to be lot of tears. Anyway, I hope its good, because I want Batfleck back.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Synder is aware of battle board mentality. That’s why he had a list of what superman could and couldn’t do fear wise and durability wise. No way he makes him weaker. Stepphenwolf May end up being stronger though...

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AbstractRaze

@torrentio said:

About the topic, all I can say is if he weaker, DCEU fanboys will cry. If he isn't and stronger, DCEU haters will cry. Either way there are going to be lot of tears. Anyway, I hope its good, because I want Batfleck back.

My friend, Superman will become way stronger than what he currently is right now, not on this Snyder cut, but Brainiac and Hank Henshaw are coming, Darkseid is coming, and allow me to tell you that if we parallelly translate the stronger Comic versions to the DCEU, Hank Henshaw demolishes current Superman, also, once Cyborg Superman arrives the scene, it's going to be very tough, Cyborg Superman is a very terrifying enemy. Superman is learning everyday, he will need a buff, he needs to comprehend and way more efficiently assimilate the sun's radiation.

Avatar image for rosalinagalaxy3
Rosalinagalaxy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess they will make Superman stomping JL again but Martian Manhunter will clap his ass

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HarryNorine

@abstractraze said:
@torrentio said:

@abstractraze:

Also I don't think there was ever shown that anybody wanted to be like Superman in power. Theey were inspired by his heroism.

It's the case, do you feel offended by such because I guess you are principally a Marvel fan? Marvel has its mature writings too, well, but DC is for a mature public in average, that's the reality, now because it's the case, doesn't necessarily low ball Marvel at all, it are just different directions and writing priorities.

Yes, of course, that's not even worth mentioning, that's a standard, everything starts by the individual.

Superman was way more capable during the beginnings, other heroes wanted to keep up instead of being a last, that's the reality here.

I don't think the general public would gravitate towards one super hero being overpowered and being able to defeat the entire team he is on or having the capability of defeating the main threat of the film all on his own,but due to plot, holds back to drag out the story line. This is why the first avengers did much better than Justice league because each character actually got to shine and while some were more powerful than others it was not made into an obvious stomp, where the other character was humiliated (e.g. see Iron man vs Thor).

Superman needs to be toned down a bit to justify why there should be a justice league. Having him casually being able to do this to the main antagonist but not finishing off him off makes the entire film unravel.

Loading Video...

Imagine if in End game, captain marvel beats up thanos but then decides to fly off somewhere to destroy a ship or kill other bad guys. It would ruin the entire flow of the movie.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AbstractRaze

@harrynorine said:
@abstractraze said:
@torrentio said:

@abstractraze:

Also I don't think there was ever shown that anybody wanted to be like Superman in power. Theey were inspired by his heroism.

I don't think the general public would gravitate towards one super hero being overpowered and being able to defeat the entire team he is on or having the capability of defeating the main threat of the film all on his own,but due to plot, holds back to drag out the story line. This is why the first avengers did much better than Justice league because each character actually got to shine and while some were more powerful than others it was not made into an obvious stomp, where the other character was humiliated (e.g. see Iron man vs Thor).

Superman needs to be toned down a bit to justify why there should be a justice league. Having him casually being able to do this to the main antagonist but not finishing off him off makes the entire film unravel.

Loading Video...

Imagine if in End game, captain marvel beats up thanos but then decides to fly off somewhere to destroy a ship or kill other bad guys. It would ruin the entire flow of the movie.

The Justice League was less successful, because due to the administration, because of the production, the Avengers had Disney backing them up, and Disney has professionals of a whole different caliber, Disney has better resources.

Superman is who he is, the team battle will begin to shine later, but for now, Superman is the man and it has to be accepted with a grain of salt, DC is harsh.

The Avengers Endgame is just more like, "don't leave anyone behind", it's just overprotective, more like a politically correct background "treat everyone equally as much as possible", but the thing is that it was the case in comics too because the Avengers were more balanced since its beginning, while there are some cases where it's inevitable and the top tiers such as Thor and the Hulk overtake entirely.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HarryNorine

@abstractraze said:
@harrynorine said:
@abstractraze said:
@torrentio said:

@abstractraze:

Loading Video...

The Justice League was less successful, because due to the administration, because of the production, the Avengers had Disney backing them up, and Disney has professionals of a whole different caliber, Disney has better resources.

Superman is who he is, the team battle will begin to shine later, but for now, Superman is the man and it has to be accepted with a grain of salt.

The Avengers Endgame is just more like, "don't leave anyone behind", it's just overprotective, more like a politically correct background "treat everyone equally as much as possible", but the thing is that it was the case in comics too because the Avengers were more balanced since its beginning, while there are some cases where it's inevitable and the top tiers such as Thor and the Hulk overtake entirely.

Just look at the comment section alone and the general reaction of people is not "oh god, superman so strong and awesome" but making fun of the fact that superman makes the justice league as a team look completely unnecessary, as well as, turns the entire promotional quote on the poster "you can't save the world alone" into nonsensical mess. The original avengers and subsequent movies had a more balance feel where every character got to shine and feel like they were contributing, and made things feel high stakes. Here superman is casually coming in and defeating the main antagonist without breaking a sweat thus reducing the entire tension of the film.As one youtuber puts it, in this movie 90% of the justice league (except cyborg) should just go home and prepare drinks and cookies for when superman finishes up beating Steppenwolf and his army.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AbstractRaze

@harrynorine: DC is harsh, DC doesn't push the fanservice into its fan's asses so slightly, DC doesn't spoil the fans, as explained before, the team battles will begin to shine later, but for now Superman is the one above all and the rest of the Justice League has to figure out how to improve by themselves because they have to become stronger against the likes of Brainiac or Cyborg Superman, it was already said that the real Doomsday is still out there, and Superman is gonna need help later.

Yes, maybe it doesn't feel right for some, but the good thing is that when the rest of JL starts progressively catch up, the satisfaction is gonna be more impactful, that's the magic when it comes to not slightly spoil the fans, because when it happens, it's a way better feeling.

Elijahbane25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thebuckaronatr

I hope so because it was so very stupid how trash the rest of the Justice League was in the Whedon cut. But if you are asking about a comparison outside of the movie could he end up even stronger.

Haxmode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Haxmode

@abstractraze: except it won't happen, because that way of movie-making wasn't making buck, so now they're going the marvel approach.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does it matter?you guys need to let this battle forum stuff go.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AbstractRaze

@haxmode:

Who else would bother to see a copy? As said before, the movie was less successful, because of the production, the Special-Effect Specialists and Design-Specialists of a lower caliber involved in the movie production, plotwise direction about way more important aspects about the story.

I can agree that some might not feel found with what is currently happening when it comes to the difference of powers right now, but it's because of our current times, people used to easy living, comfortability expectation-wise, "don't let me behind", "my desires matter", " treat my convictions equally", etc...

I agree that no matter how good the production is gonna be, it will have its repercussions right now, but I think that investment-wise, it's a good sacrifice for a greater reward, what is the reward? Character development, because in our daily lives, there will always be people at the top, and if one wants to keep up with such, you have to put some effort, success doesn't happen instantly, once one sees that the rest of the JL starts catching up, it's a way greater reward than just instantly placing them on an almost equal or near level to the likes of Superman.

This creates a valuable fanbase and such instantly creates better critics and better defenses for the franchise.

The Flash punching Superboy-Prime and making him bleed:

No Caption Provided

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently superman beats down wolf worse than before lol

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he will still be weaker than mcu Carol no matter how much fanboys wank him

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what ive seen not at all, the JL are all stronger as is Steppenwolf.

As for Darkseid... from story perspective he's absolutely OP im not sure if the scene will show each fight in detail but hes easily gonna be the new OP team buster.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deltahuman

No, he Solos Steppenwolf even worse lol. He straight up tanks Wolf's axe on his body and shatters it himself with freeze breath. And wolf's axe is much more powerful in Snyder cut. He straight up beheads people earlier in the film.

Snyder Supes is probably not vulnerable to magic at all and gets a super piercing durability feat

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha now we know he's absolutely OP again wow those leaks