Will Pepper Potts (Gywneth Paltrow) Ever Return To The MCU?

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Being a huge fan of the first two Iron Man movies, haven't seen 3 yet, I was quite distressed upon finding out that Gywneth Paltrow is unsure if she'll ever reprise her role as Pepper in the MCU. I really liked Paltrow as Pepper and would love to see more of her in future Marvel films. But it seems as if that's not going to happen anytime soon. There has been no confirmation whatsoever of her even potentially appearing in AoU and if you saw the TV Spot 2 for the film you might've noticed that Maria Hill seems to now be working at Stark Industries as Tony's new assistant. Which is kinda weird for me because I've always seen Hill as Nick Fury's second in command and the same with Tony and Pepper, they make a good team. However, considering the events that took place in TWS, it kind of makes sense why Maria is working at Stark Industries. I still hope they explain what's going with Pepper in AoU. And if not AoU, at least Civil War. Are they going to replace her with another actress similar to how War Machine got another actor in Iron Man 2? Let me know what you think.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After ironman 3 i dont care to see her back.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

Why? Nothing that happened in that film was the actress's or the character's fault.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

Why? Nothing that happened in that film was the actress's or the character's fault.

I know but what are they suppose to do with her now that she has superpowers?

I liked her and Tony's relationship but i would like to see tony go back to being a ladies man. I think marvel will play it off as she left Tony or something.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kfabz-23

Most likely will appear in civil war

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No after IM2 she became vocal about wanting out of her contract and now it's up. Also after IM3 she said that would be the last Ironman movie with those people making it.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke said:

@those_eyes: I thought Tony "cured" her of the powers?

did he? i must have forgot.

Yeah he did.

That surgery they both had at the end of the movie.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111 said:

No after IM2 she became vocal about wanting out of her contract and now it's up. Also after IM3 she said that would be the last Ironman movie with those people making it.

She must not have liked working with those directors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see a reason for her to be around anymore unless its in an iron man movie. Its about the avengers, so while its always cool to see supporting characters I have no problem with them not being around.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

@those_eyes: Yeah, as has been said, her powers went bye-bye. I'd rather they got rid of Foster, Pepper's relationship with Tony is very enjoyable, but I can take or leave it. I recall reading a rumour ages ago that Thor and Jane aren't together anymore and that's it's revealed in the scene where the Avengers are chilling just before Ultron comes in. I hope it's true.

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: Really? Was this recent, because I thought I read that she said she would love to play Pepper again? :s

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: Really? Was this recent, because I thought I read that she said she would love to play Pepper again? :s

no it wasn't but where did you read she wanted to do it

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't care either way, frankly.

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: YES, JANE FOSTER NEEDS TO DIE. Loljk, I actually really liked Foster in the first Thor film but it's like the directors aren't even trying to take her character serious anymore. It's like she's just in the MCU for the entertainment of the girlfriends who go to the theaters with their boyfriends to see a superhero movie that they don't know anything about but need at least something to relate to in the film.

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: There's several sources in various articles on google all quoting Paltrow saying the same thing: "I don’t know. I’ve heard rumors that maybe, and I don’t know,” she said when asked whether or not she’s been confirmed to return. “My fingers are crossed. I would love to be Pepper Potts again at some point in my life.”

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman 3 was horrible because of Potts so I really hope she doesn't return

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GeekyEverAfter

@panthers8901: I haven't gotten the chance to see Iron Man 3 for myself, but I have watched and read little reviews here and there. And it seems that the main reason for IM3 getting all the flak that it did was because of very, very, poor writing and directing along with taking one of Iron Man's arch nemesis and turing him into a joke which really upset a lot of fans. With that said, I don't think Pepper deserves all the blame. Tony was just as much of a hot mess as Pepper was in this film and same with the rest of the characters. None of the actors are to blame, It was just an overall BAD film that wasn't directed properly.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Paltrow kind of makes my skin crawl, so I hope not.