Will Marvel ever have a box office failure?

• 58 results
Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Didn't the Hulk movies not do too great?

They both grossed nearly double their budget at the box office. In fact I'm pretty sure the only film that did bad using a Marvel character was that second Punisher flick.

I think Marvel is too smart with budgets, release dates, and marketing to genuinely fail at the box office.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't think Guardians will bomb. Heck, it's getting way more attention than Thor: The Dark World and MoS got.

Besides, like John Campea of AMC has said, Marvel is in a position where they can have a box office flop. Avengers was too much of a success that multiple mishaps wouldn't ruin them.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 rogueshadow  Moderator

Sure.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: They had failures, and you call it Faux studios

Derrick_nolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think marvel is prone from making a flop you are completely wrong. Eventually there will be a flop whether it's sooner or later. The thing is, Marvel can afford a flop. They are now in a position where one maybe even two flops can be withstood. A flop will definitely happen, and I'm guessing the gaurdians of the galaxy could be that 'flop.'

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

People keep saying Ant-Man but with Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd attached to the film it's bound to do somewhat well. If anything Big Hero Six will be a failure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I could see Guardians of the Galaxy being a box office flop, as well as Ant-Man. Doctor Strange could also flop. Marvel's taking some pretty big risks with these movies, and I hope they work out, but I predict box office failure for all of them.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because they are very good in marketing their movies..

They can give you a piece of turd movie.. and will still be a blockbuster. or at least profit..