Will it be a big deal when/if the MCU gets a rotten Movie?

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will it be a big deal when/if the MCU gets a rotten Movie? (51 votes)

Yes it will be 33%
No one will care 22%
Only A few people will make it a big deal 39%
Results 6%
 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be a big deal because DCEU fanboys will finally have something to say/cling to.

But in reality it wouldn’t make a difference. MCU has a proven track record.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same thing will happen when any mediocre CBM comes out

The fanboys for it will defend every clear flaw with their dying breath, while the fanboys against it will nitpick every minute detail

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it'd signal the decline and swan song of the machine that is the MCU. A flaw in the system. The levee that broke the dam.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People praised civil war and that was mediocre at best

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, it will trigger a deluge of media press that the dominance of the comic book movie is over.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes,captain salt would be out of words.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I don't think large numbers of people would really care.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It would probably depend on what film it is. If it's Avengers 4, that could leave a lot of people sour, but say if it's Spider-Man Homecoming 2, it'd suck but wouldn't really be that big a deal. The MCU has had enough hits to where people aren't just going to abandon/condemn them for one or two bad-to-eh movies (again, as long as it's not A4).

Honestly, most of the reasons anyone would want an MCU movie to fail stem from the fans. Like with the DCEU, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, and Star Wars, most of the negativity is just because of how the toxic fanbase treats everyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They won't, they got the formula down pat.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what film. If it were say Avengers 4 than yes. It would be a very big deal. Something more low key and it might be mostly ignored and disregarded.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Damme and deltahuman would have a field day

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won’t happen, if the dark world hit a fresh rating then nothing will ever get a rotten rating

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think Marvel will ever make a rotten movie. They play very safe with charismatic actors, comedy and predictable plot.

They will make a lot of forgettable popcorn movies but they are not going to be awful.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deltahuman

The Magister and those 8 million ALTs of Captain Salt will then probably get their heads out of their Ass. LMAO.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will take your troll bait. You are by far on the short end of the stick here. 91% of Rotten Tomatoes users liked Civil War. I loved it. And that is coming from a person who is very jaded against modern day movies. IMO Hollywood puts out no more than 10 good movies per year (never mind how many great movies they put out). Civil war is awesome!

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Magister will then probably get his head out of his Ass. LMAO.

No Caption Provided

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won’t happen, if the dark world hit a fresh rating then nothing will ever get a rotten rating

If they lose Feige and replace him with an executive suit, watch things crumble fast.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only when Kevin Feige retires....

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:
@the_magister said:

@deltahuman said:

The Magister will then probably get his head out of his Ass. LMAO.

No Caption Provided

Go on, fight.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It shouldn't be a big deal cuz with such an amazing critical run, law of averages has got to strike sooner or later u would think. Even Pixar was considered spotless until Cars 2 and 3 happened. It'll be a lil surprising but not a big deal cuz no franchise is invincible critically.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor 2 is very bad

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already have a few bad movies and no one cared so unless it is a mainstream movie (Avengers), no one is going to care.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@larcadedragneel: they haven’t had a BAD movie yet just Mixed but with a majority being positive. For me at least the only way to really judge if a movie is BAD is if no one likes it. Even if I hate the movie but a majority like it I’ll still consider it whatever the majority say because my personal opinion doesn’t change facts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've already had a few rotten movies IMO, but regardless like another user said, it depends on which type of movie we're talking about. A big team-up movie and there could be repercussions, if it's a relatively minor film then it probably could be alleviated by the other films and swept under the rug.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes because human being are fickle

LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: The majority of people didn't like Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 3, or Iron Man 2.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Disney already payed Rotten Tomatoes to give all MCU movies good review, so it ain't gonna happen.

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:
@faradaysloth said:

If they lose Feige and replace him with an executive suit, watch things crumble fast.

agreed.

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've already had a few rotten movies IMO, but regardless like another user said, it depends on which type of movie we're talking about. A big team-up movie and there could be repercussions, if it's a relatively minor film then it probably could be alleviated by the other films and swept under the rug.

your opinion ? LOL - don't like dealing in empirical truth I see? They have not produced a bad film by any observable metric. Your opinion doesn't supersede the opinion of the majority liking most of the MCU films.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madcrusher said:
@dirtytree333 said:

your opinion ? LOL - don't like dealing in empirical truth I see? They have not produced a bad film by any observable metric. Your opinion doesn't supersede the opinion of the majority liking most of the MCU films.

It's not like I tried to enforce my subjective opinion, and it's not like my subjective opinion is any better than your subjective opinion, and vice-versa.

It's your opinion that they haven't produced a bad film. It's my opinion that there are some fairly bad movies (enough to be labelled as "rotten" on RT), such as TIH and T:TDW. The films aren't empirically good for everyone.

CaptainSalt?

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madcrusher said:
@dirtytree333 said:

It's not like I tried to enforce my subjective opinion, and it's not like my subjective opinion is any better than your subjective opinion, and vice-versa.

It's your opinion that they haven't produced a bad film. It's my opinion that there are some fairly bad movies (enough to be labelled as "rotten" on RT), such as TIH and T:TDW. The films aren't empirically good for everyone.

CaptainSalt?

Um no you seem bitter, But those films haven't been labeled as rotten so you are not dealing in reality. Your opinion of what should be rotten doesn't matter since you know those films weren't actually rotten.

Are you inferring critics and GA voters are being paid off (by Disney) or not giving truthful opinions? Guess your a psychic and can read people's intentions?

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@larcadedragneel: they haven’t had a BAD movie yet just Mixed but with a majority being positive. For me at least the only way to really judge if a movie is BAD is if no one likes it. Even if I hate the movie but a majority like it I’ll still consider it whatever the majority say because my personal opinion doesn’t change facts.

I like what you say here. Not many would be able to admit that. I think a lot of Disney animated movies are trash, but I concede that they are well made and well liked movies.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: The majority of people didn't like Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 3, or Iron Man 2.

That isn't really true, those movies got 66, 72 and 78% respectively by Rotten Tomatoes users. I thought Dark World was ok, hated Iron Man 3 and loved Iron Man 2.

LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42: Rotten tomatoes isn't a reliable source when deciding if a movie is good or not. Also, the general consensus for these movies are bad and at most below average.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh MCU isn't perfect and has some flaws

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Like an MCU movie will ever get a Rotten score lol

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Alavanka

Thor 2 and Iron Man 3.

Marvel knows how to course correct and fix their flaws. They can take their most worst characters, and turn him into the most epic badass within the span of 2 movies. Cap was a goofball in the first Avengers movie. Winter Soldier and Civil War turned him into a badass. Thor was a bore in AoU and TDW. Ragnarok turned his entire character around, and Infinity War gave him the most epic moment in a comic book movie. Marvel knows their shit.

As bad as Thor 2 and IM3 were, they're just bad films by MCU standards. Like MoS or BvS levels of monotone boredom, not Suicide Squad or Justice League levels of fail.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Saberscar223

@larcadedragneel: if that was true they’d have under 50 for at least one review site fan or critics. Everywhere I look it has something over 50 which means a majority like it or at least think it’s OK

And that’s everywhere not just RT if you can find one review site with multiple user reviews that’s under 50 I’d be superised

DevisedDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not, but it would depend on what movie.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:
@johncena69swag said:

I will take your troll bait. You are by far on the short end of the stick here. 91% of Rotten Tomatoes users liked Civil War. I loved it. And that is coming from a person who is very jaded against modern day movies. IMO Hollywood puts out no more than 10 good movies per year (never mind how many great movies they put out). Civil war is awesome!

How is he trolling?

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:
@johncena69swag said:

How is he trolling?

By calling a movie mediocre that he knows many love here, and that he surely also must know that over 90% of the general population enjoyed. The bottom line is is that its an outstanding movie. Only a troll (or a DC fanatic) would dislike it.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@byrd42 said:
@johncena69swag said:

How is he trolling?

By calling a movie mediocre that he knows many love here, and that he surely also must know that over 90% of the general population enjoyed. The bottom line is is that its an outstanding movie. Only a troll (or a DC fanatic) would dislike it.

This is a comic book site. Of course people here are going to go crazy for it. Doesn't free it from criticism. I stand by what I said. The movie was mediocre yet people still praise it. Poor cgi, no real villain, the plot was basically "let's make all the avengers fight and write the rest of the story around that," and to top it off that one fight that the movie was centered around was totally inconclusive and had no casualties or real meaning in the end. Call me a dc fanatic all you want, but the movie is overrated.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we all know DCEU and Warner Bros is good. Disney is evil; therefore, MCU is evil and evil sucks. All MCU movies suck, so it wouldn't be surprised if the box office sells dropped.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@byrd42 said:
@johncena69swag said:

How is he trolling?

Wow......it doesn't matter how many people like the movie, his opinion doesn't make him a troll. It's not like he came in here and just said "MCU suxxx". You don't have to defend the MCU's honor whenever you encounter someone not as hyped up on the kool-aid as you are lol

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anthp2000  Moderator

Nah, 99% of the movies would still range from relatively good to masterpieces.