Will feats from the Snyder cut crossover with the main DCEU?

• 61 results
Avatar image for deactivated-604a17ecd899e
deactivated-604a17ecd899e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will feats from the Snyder cut crossover with the main DCEU? (90 votes)

Yes 56%
No 34%
Depends 10%
 • 
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 death4bunnies  Moderator

No, Snyder himself said it’s not cannon.. and that we should look at it as a elseworlds story.

Snyder verse must be specified else the thread will only relate to DCEU cannon (ie Justice League theatrical release).

This is not only how we’ve always treated else world stories, and it’s not only because the theatrical cut always takes precedent.. it’s so we can compare the Cannon versions to the Snyder versions.

Snyder verse characters vs Cannon DCEU characters will make for some fun threads I’m sure.

——

Hyped for the Snydercut but it’s not cannon, it’s elseworlds per Snyder himself.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 death4bunnies  Moderator
Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless the powerlevels are too different, I don't see why not since it's essentially the same characters making different decisions.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 death4bunnies  Moderator

Unless the powerlevels are too different, I don't see why not since it's essentially the same characters making different decisions.

Snyder already said its not cannon.

If power levels werent different you wouldn't need the crossover feat.

Its gonna be fun to see which version is stronger.

Weve never used else world feats in cannon debates unless specified.

Black suit superman resurrected a different way...Wolf looks completely different.. even the paras are different..

Naw I dont think they cross feats.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88 said:

Snyder already said its not cannon.

still shows intent for DCEU power levels.

If power levels werent different you wouldn't need the crossover feat.

?

Its gonna be fun to see which version is stronger.

Probably Snyder, compare his Wonder Woman and Jenkin's

Weve never used else world feats in cannon debates unless specified.

k

Black suit superman resurrected a different way...Wolf looks completely different.. even the paras are different..

Naw I dont think they cross feats.

bubline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bubline

@kryptonianking88 said:
@death4bunnies said:
@kryptonianking88 said:

still shows intent for DCEU power levels.

This remains to be seen. 80%~ of the Whedon Cut was from Snyder and even then, using the Snyder Cut over the Whedon Cut implies that canonicity or that Snyder's intent to make it a completely different universe shouldn't be respected. Elseworlds aren't What Ifs. They're set in different continuities altogether. Always have been.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RJR

@death4bunnies: Snyder also said that it was up to the fans to decide that. Snyder also tends to contradict himself often.

No Caption Provided

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 death4bunnies  Moderator

@rjr said:

@death4bunnies: Snyder also said that it was up to the fans to decide that. Snyder also tends to contradict himself often.

No Caption Provided

I think theatrical cut would take precedence anyway.

Which is cannon is less of a concern to me as if they stay separate on the battle boards I guess.

Mostly because I want to fight them against eachother.

But also because it seem wrong to pick and choose the best feat as it suits your needs, and just from the trailers there are a lot of contradictory feats.

I just think Cannon/Snyder/Composite should be specified..and because all the old thread are kinda about the theatrical cut they should be left with theatrical cut feats.

That way we can have new threads...Like Snyderverse Superman vs MCU Thor..instead of starting back on the old threads.

Or Snyderverse Superman vs Cannon DCEU Superman....etc.

Just seems better as the 2 movies seem pretty divergent with the main villain getting a complete overhaul and even the fodder Paras are different.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Your words "composite", are the magic words i guarantee people here are gonna use. Your right about that. For me the snyderverse begin with MOS and ends with the Snyder Cut.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: he mentioned multiverse as well. So maybe in one universe they fight steppenwolf without darkseid and in another they deal with both Steppenwolf and potentially darkseid.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 takenstew22  Online

No, because any Marvel solo.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non-Canon baby 😎

Avatar image for yunobogoronhero
YunoboGoronHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Maybe this could be like alternate timeline or alternate Earth. Like Flashpoint, pre Flashpoint, post Flashpoint timeline

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bayman007

More feats, more fun. And the OP of any thread will get to decide. It's all part of the extended universe

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 takenstew22  Online
Avatar image for deactivated-61e3068763b41
deactivated-61e3068763b41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone saying non canon are just scared, its obvious warner are distancing themselves from the theatrical cut. come one year for now the joss whedon version will be the elseworlds one

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I don't think so

Avatar image for deactivated-6471e97cd5d1b
deactivated-6471e97cd5d1b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it already does.. patty Jenkins said most of the directors were still going more with snyder stuff after the theatrical version of JL released, and James wan has said something similar as well. In that case, the theatrical JL would be the outlier.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator

The fact that the SC is representative of a fidelity of intent that carries from start to finish and is the product of a clear underlying vision is more important than a mega corporation slapping a label on something. The way so many people seem to view canon and scaling in the context of battles is just broken.

Using Whedon League feats like there exists any hold over of continuity in regards to power-levels (or really, anything) in any way that really matters is just CV trying to impress battle forum logic onto what is essentially chaos at that point.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies: Maybe this could be like alternate timeline or alternate Earth. Like Flashpoint, pre Flashpoint, post Flashpoint timeline

Ye thats kinda how I see it......either way I think cannon/snyder/composite should be specified in the thread.

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, the thread would have to be titled composite or specifically stating it's snyder otherwise any thread titled dceu will go by the theatrical release

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the other directors seem to view it as canon and its the intended version. so....

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well duh, those feats will be canon to Snyder' DCEU and non-canon to post-Snyder's WoDC, i.e. current WB/DC movie line up.

The_Cryingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Cryingman

https://cosmicbook.news/zack-snyder-reponds-patty-jenkins-weak-wonder-woman

a fan asks synder if his movie will contradict WW80whatever

Zack responded: "It will not be used as it contradicts the brilliant movie Patty made and I supported and did the story for."

https://screenrant.com/aquaman-movie-zack-snyder-producer-credit/

"Zack Snyder earned his Aquaman executive producer title by helping to shape the Arthur Curry character."

"It appears that Snyder helped James Wan steer the Arthur Curry character away from what Whedon did with him."

"James Wan was showing Zack Snyder, against the studio's wishes, cuts of the movie and early test screenings and storyboards to make sure that they're on the same page with what he originally wanted and Snyder gave his blessing of approval, bringing it back to what he wanted all along."

The dceuverse is already the snyderverse. The only movie that isn't is Whedon's Justice League. Wan and Jenkins already stated that their version are Zack's versions of the characters. He's also a producer on the movies and came up with the stories for wonder woman 1 and 2 and aquaman. This is a non argument and only serves the purpose of basically asking will people accept feats or not. The only movie in question is will Snyder's Justice League be in continuity with the rest of the films, as WB wants to ignore Whedon's Justice League all together. That's what Zack meant calling his version an elseworld. He's just ]trying to hype for a sequel that WB already told him wasn't going to happen. But now that covid hit and whedon got me too'd depending on how big snyders cut is his movie makes there's no reason why they wouldn't move forward promoting his vision for JL especially when they're the other films are massive successes and the directors of their other dc movies support his vision anyway.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, and everybody's known that for a while. The only people sticking to calling it non canon are the ones that know their favorite characters are gonna get dragged on the battles forum in the next couple weeks.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 death4bunnies  Moderator

Yeah, and everybody's known that for a while. The only people sticking to calling it non canon are the ones that know their favorite characters are gonna get dragged on the battles forum in the next couple weeks.

Cannon or not the Snyderverse characters should get new threads...Snyder Superman can drag MCU Thor on one of those new threads if he gets the feats....Or we can specify composites....but I dont think old polls should be shifted based on the Snydercut.

I have the same opinion on Marvels What If show coming out, they should get there own threads where its specified.

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Snyderverse would truly have to be it's own thing though for that, which it's not. Zack even added on to the other directors by confirming that Birds of Prey Gotham and his are one and the same. What-If is an entirely different thing considering it's an actual parallel universe but I'll leave that to the show creators to specify

The_Cryingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this and only this.

threads like this serve one purpose for a small group of users to try lowball and decide on their own headcanon same as everything else on the battles. Theyll have to find something new to do now that wanda vision is ending.