Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Probably if the idiots on tumblr get their way.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope not. Frozen is one of the few Disney princess movies where heroine doesn't hook up or meet someone who she could hook up with. Furthermore, as much as some groups might want to see it, the truth is Disney won't sell nearly as much Frozen 2 merchandise with an out-and-proud Elsa. In the end, Disney princess movies aren't about trailblazing for the LGBT community, they're about making money. Lots and lots of money.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people forcing this so much?

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously?

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the fan art.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:
@emanresu_20 said:

For the fan art.

So... For dumb reasons.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Given Disney's current SJW route, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its done well I don't care but it'd be refreshing to see a Disney princess that doesn't need a love interest.

Avatar image for adm1ralsnackbar
Adm1ralSnackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The girl every1 is shipping Elsa with is underage. Have fun pedos.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Disney doing that? Yeah, no.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Jgames

"The pursuit of making money is the only reason to make movies. We have no obligation to make history. We have no obligation to make art. We have no obligation to make a statement. Our obligation is to make money, and to make money, it may be important to make history. To make money, it may be important to make art, or some significant statement. To make money, it may be important to win the Academy Award, for it might mean another ten million dollars at the box office.Our only objective may be to make money, but in order to make money, we must always make entertaining movies. And if we make entertaining movies, at times we will make history, art, a statement, or all three. We may even win awards”

— Michael Eisner (Also for those who do not know, he was the former chairman of Disney)

To be honest, my first reaction would be a big no. I mean if that did happen it will definitely not be played in other countries where they can add millions of dollar to their earning I just do not see Disney doing that.

Disney likes to play it safe for the most part, with only a bit of room for innovation. People might accuse of Disney being SJW (which to be fair everything seem to be SJW), but honestly lots of their decision seem to be calculated risk. Like Beauty and the Beast having a gay character yay, which mostly only people who care about representation or movie industry news heard, with the actual character being LeFou who is queer coded to be a funny gay stereotype that won't offend people who hate the gays or be banned in other countries from playing. Hence not effecting its profit and grossing over a billion dollars. Along with the Star Wars movies all making good money (granted not as much as they want in china and ignore Han Solo, because nobody care) with Black Panther making more money than Infinity War domestically due to how people label it as an important attribution to the black community, but it was always going to make money due to the strong brand.

Making Elsa gay in Frozen 2 seem like a too big of a move for Disney who will lose millions due to other countries most likely banning it. I mean being diverse or queer coding is not enough to get a movie banned in other countries, but straight up showing she has a girlfriend is unfortunately too controversial and banned in other countries. Seem like a big lost just for trying to have a representation.

But, maybe not. I mean Frozen is a strong brand that will make money regardless, and there some important factor to take and that is the amount of good press the movie would get if Elsa gets a girlfriend. The first queer princess in a Disney Movie could give the movie some extra legs as an important films, one that might lose some tickets to homophobic parents, but should not be enough to hugely effect the opening weekended and may make that money up with the amount of people who want to support the movie. Because it will be label as "HISTORY" and not big cooperate company trying to squeeze money out of a brand. It might be able to have similar success the Black Panther movie gotten domestically which comes to my next point.

Foreign box office is probably the main reason for queer representation not being a thing in lots of main stream movies. Because unfortunately they are banned in some countries. One of them being China who is a big source of money. I mean is no coincidence that despite countless of superheroes movies, Deadpool 2 is the only one with LGBT+ representation, and it just so happen to not be able to play in China (except the later rereleased pg-13 version which happen to cut screen time of set lesbian). So of course it be stupid to give Elsa a girlfriend and lose out that Chinese money right? Well it was not that big of a hit in China, so is hard to believe that the second movie will somehow be a huge hit in China this time around. So it might not be a big loss not being able to play in China. Not to mention they could always have an alter or censored version of the movie play in other countries where it is banned. Getting that sweet Chinese money, while also grabbing that sweet representation money in the US.

So honestly not out of the realm of possibilities, but I still highly doubt it. I would be okay with Elsa having a girlfriend as long as its done well and not force, like any other relationship. Or just not have a love interest.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or maybe she doesn't need a love interest at all?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Or maybe she doesn't need a love interest at all?

Heresy! :P

Eminel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, and she will have fire powers

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers