Will Dark Phoenix [Fox] be stronger than Thanos [MCU]?

Aweirdgamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the comics, Dark Phoenix is way stronger than Thanos. Do you think this will translate over to the movies?

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. By far, maybe he needs 5 or 6 stones before he's even in the right ballpark. My understanding is that the Dark Phoenix is going to make Jean way more powerful than she already was, which is insane when you think she was already able to turn Apocalypse to ash, who was in turn totally outclassing Magneto, who is planetary level.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GXrevs06

She already is based on trailers alone. Jean has lightning fast reactions(you can see her arm move normally in Quicksilver's slo mo), TP and d molecular TK. Then there is her overpowered Magneto's control over metal with her TK. The same Magneto who lifted an entire stadium and was ripping apart buildings from continents away

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah sadly

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is already stronger with feats from first X Men trilogy and Apocalypse.

TopAce12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A noob Wanda was about to push thanos shit in. Jean will back hand his ass to the other side of the universe or just erase him on the spot.

Aweirdgamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topace12: He didn’t have the infinity gauntlet though. It would’ve been a didn't story if he did

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we scale Magneto by Apocalypse or QS, seems like it. However, they might dial it down a bit in this movie and focus on the characters and give us a better story instead.

TopAce12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TopAce12

@aweirdgamer1: true. Tho she did hold him back with one hand while he had 5 stones. It would be an interesting fight none the less.

——-

@kgb725: thought the creators said she was just tapping into her true power or something? Tho I only heard this from someone else so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Kinda want her to appear in dr.strange 2 getting trained by him. It’s what we deserve.

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to see QS get his ass kicked by Phoenix. Lmao. Like, WTF does he think he's going to do to her?

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

She already is

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to see QS get his ass kicked by Phoenix. Lmao. Like, WTF does he think he's going to do to her?

Blitz her.

Aweirdgamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: I highly doubt a blitz would take Phoenix down, just like his blitz against Apocalypse proved futile. She'll prob break both of his legs this time around. Lmao.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean >>> Thanos

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: I highly doubt a blitz would take Phoenix down, just like his blitz against Apocalypse proved futile. She'll prob break both of his legs this time around. Lmao.

Apocalypse isn't a glass cannon but Phoenix is.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: Not from what I’ve heard from someone who saw a private screening back in November.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: Not from what I’ve heard from someone who saw a private screening back in November.

As far as my knowledge she was treated as glass cannon in Fox movie version.

GeraltsOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not with the stones. Unless she does something crazy.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Flat Jean Grey vs. Thanos? Jean comes out on top. Movie Thanos might've been strong, but Jean is powerful. Being able to punch really hard is useless against someone who can shut down your brain, hurl you into space, or, I don't know, atomize you with her mind.

With the Stones it would be closer, but honestly I wouldn't give this one outright to Thanos either. I mean, in the movies the Gauntlet requires actual snapping, fist-clenching, and all kinds of other movements to have an effect, versus the comics where it granted cosmic enlightenment.

If Captain Marvel could grab hold of him and he couldn't just mentally command the Gauntlet to poof her out of existence, forcing him to remove a Stone to punch her, then that is a HUGE weakness. It means that he has to actually fire it like a weapon, and that makes him 1000% times weaker than the one in the comics.

In the time it takes him to move Jean--clearly having the superior reflexes, and even if she didn't she can think faster than he moves his arm--could rip the Gauntlet off of him, shut down his mind, atomize him, or a hundred other things. Her powers in the movies have been shown to work on a much more instinctual level and in that sense give her a huge advantage over Mr. "I must concentrate and fist-clench in order to actually use this godlike power."

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It bares thinking about if Jean can TP Thanos, considering he was resistant to Mantis, someone who KO’ed Ego, a cosmic level life form.

Aweirdgamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: Yeah, but she was on his brain. I think it would be tons easier to accomplish there

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna have to say, Yes.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On paper, but leave it to FOX to have a street leveler beat her or give her trouble.

Aweirdgamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aweirdgamer1

@rebake: I hope not, she should kick everyone's ass and maybe someone stronger stops her or she sees her mistakes