Will Batman v Superman receive positive reviews?

• 61 results
ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

We all know Batman v Superman will rip the box office apart; but what do you think the critics will say about it; and how many percent do you think it will receive on RottenTomatoes?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: I'm afraid that might happen too, but I hope that Dawn of Justice will be more complex and character driven and not just be a popcorn flick (like the Avengers) and with Chris Terrio writing the screenplay that seems possible.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why does everyone take shots at other companies? If you don't like the MCU don't freaking watch the movies!

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Why does everyone take shots at other companies? If you don't like the MCU don't freaking watch the movies!

Oh, you know that's just the internet. The worrying part is how WarnerBros directors are unable to define their movies without saying its not like MCU or its better than MCU movies gives you a real feeling like there is so much new and cool stuff in the movies.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I hope it slays.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't say anything bad about MCU now did I? I just said The Avengers are a pop corn flick and that's true IMO, it had a simple plot and not a very intriguing: Loki (yeah I said it). I mean I can't take a movie in which this happens to the main villain of the movie seriously:

No Caption Provided

I agree that the Avengers was an extremely fun movie, but nothing more. It was a very well received movie merely because it introduced something new (a well defined Cinematic Universe). I personally found Age of Ultron to be a better movie than The Avengers, it had a more intriguing villain. Age of Ultron is proof that The Avengers merely got so much positive reviews because it brought something new to the cinema.

I'm saying these things from a neutral point of view, because as a comic book reader I liked it a lot.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Terrio, Zack Snyder, Ben Affleck & the trailer tells me it will.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83 said:

Oh, you know that's just the internet. The worrying part is how WarnerBros directors are unable to define their movies without saying its not like MCU or its better than MCU movies gives you a real feeling like there is so much new and cool stuff in the movies.

You sound like you haven't seen the trailer.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@xwraith said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@zeroplus: I know it's just frustrating when a trailer or anything from either leads to, "MCU is corny" or "DCEU sucks! Go Marvel!"

Sorry if I attacked you. I got other things building to the surface.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Yeah I know, I too get frustrated when people are pesimistic about the DCEU and when they say things like the trailer is "too dark" or "too serious".

And there's no need for neither of us to feel attacked, we are merely exchanging opinions.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like there will be some who judge it harshly leading to weak reviews but it all depends on the movie

Personally I think it'll destroy every 2016 movie. Period.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By darkdetective27

Id say somewhere between 50-70% on rotten tomatoes. Though it may get in the 30s.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZeroPlus

@earthsmightiest said:

Ask the Magic Eight Ball.

http://www.ask8ball.net/

@darkdetective27 said:

Id say somewhere between 50-70% on rotten tomatoes. Though it may get in the 30s.

Why do you think so? I mean Furious 7 got 81% and it's just a generic action movie, if BvS gets lower than 81% on rotten tomatoes then I'd say that should be the moment I and everyone else stop paying attention to what critics say.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MAZAHS117  Online

I'm hoping Synder/WB/DC knock it out of the park with this one, but I'm expecting the reviews to be about the same as MOS.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus: The reason it got so high was because it knew it was just some dumb action flick and it played it up so much that they love it. Critics are getting tired of dark superheroes. They want them to be more like Guardians if the Galaxy. Plus Zack Snyder films never do well with critics. Plus what tells you that this film will be good? This could be just like MoS except with a Spider Man 3 complex.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a popcorn flick, probably will get 7-8 on the review score, 8.5 if it's actually good.

Superhero movies aren't rated high unless they are vastly entertaining and fun, Avengers, or thought-provoking, like the Dark Knight.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Critics are gonna grade it pretty hard so hopefully it does well.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus: The reason it got so high was because it knew it was just some dumb action flick and it played it up so much that they love it. Critics are getting tired of dark superheroes. They want them to be more like Guardians if the Galaxy. Plus Zack Snyder films never do well with critics. Plus what tells you that this film will be good? This could be just like MoS except with a Spider Man 3 complex.

An academy award winning writer, a Director who understands Visual Effects, an acadamy award winning actor and an awesome trailer, so yeah there's plenty of reasons to believe it will be good. And I really never understood the hate towards Man Of Steel, I mean it had a nice story, a great villain and brilliant action. The fact that any movie is dark doesn't automatically make it good or bad.

It's a popcorn flick, probably will get 7-8 on the review score, 8.5 if it's actually good.

Superhero movies aren't rated high unless they are vastly entertaining and fun, Avengers, or thought-provoking, like the Dark Knight.

Well we don't know whether it will be a popcorn flick or not yet, I hope it will be complex like The Dark Knight. And as for it being entertaining, there's no doubt it will be, just because it is darker than most superhero movies doesn't mean it'll not be entertaining.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well now that so many of Marvel movies have came out average people expect all the superhero movies to be same, Hence they refer/compare to Marvel...

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus: Several films have good teams behind them and miss their mark.

Personally I think MoS did a really bad job of getting the character of Superman. He had zero personality and atdidnt really have a good or recognizable moral code. Plus the story is mostly forgetable other than the infamous scenes of destruction and Zod's neck snapped. The visuals were good in most areas, but the grainy filter really dulled them down. The action went on for too long. It was just a very average film and not the one Superman deserved for his 75th anniversary.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't have the luxury of being a unique idea. I believe it will be a better film than its given credit for, but I also thought Man of Steel was okay, despite all the hate.

Regardless, it will make more than any marvel movie next year, imo.

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling it have only a slightly better reception than Man of Steel got. It'll barely be fresh on RT.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm guessing between 70-80 it will be rated

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of us could possibly know the answer to this question. We'll just have to wait and see.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I can only hope that it'll be high.

With superhero movies, nobody ever knows how the non comic book "critic" crowd is going to like it.

Affleck and Terrio are good names though.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't have the luxury of being a unique idea. I believe it will be a better film than its given credit for, but I also thought Man of Steel was okay, despite all the hate.

Regardless, it will make more than any marvel movie next year, imo.

A movie about a superhero fighting another superhero is quite a unique idea, that's something we haven't seen, until now with BvS and Civil War.

I can only hope that it'll be high.

With superhero movies, nobody ever knows how the non comic book "critic" crowd is going to like it.

Affleck and Terrio are good names though.

I know right, the change in taste between a non comic book and a comic book reader is interesting, I bet over 80% of the comic book community would trade The Dark Knight for BvS, but critics will probably never give BvS a rating close to TDK.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of us could possibly know the answer to this question. We'll just have to wait and see.

Wow.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus: Superheroes fight superheroes all the time now. They may fight twice in the movie, but the idea of needing to unite to stop a greater evil has been around for quite awhile. it's been done on a bigger scale in the Avengers it'll be done again in Civil War.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there`s a good chance for it to surprise many people which would include the critics but based on consistency, I would be surprised if that were to even happen.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Who knows

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I would like it to receive a fresh rating. I think it's important for comic book movies to be different in tone. Of course if it doesn't deserve a fresh rating that's another story. While MoS had some problems, I think it was better then some of marvels more meh films, and to be honest I think there was some critic bias on the different take of the character. Still not a perfect film but not deserving of the rotten rating. Much worse films have received a positive raiting. Take lucy for example.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By Lvenger

I'm predicting it will get around about the same kind of critical reception as MOS did, maybe slightly higher if people are blinded by the idea of Batman and Superman meeting and fighting each other on screen for the first time. But I still expect critics to be plenty savage towards BvS, their thoughts on MOS aren't just going away overnight when BvS is released.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Snyder's rather patchy record... I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

You can't know until its out as little is known but I imagine it will receive good reviews even if the plot isn't rich I mean (What kind of reviews did The Winter Soldier get?)

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My own opinion is that it will get somewhere between 80-95%.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:
@bflynn316 said:

Wow.

Wow what?

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Between 70 and 90 percent if it's good. Considerably less if it's not.

brian88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By brian88

I hope so but I doubt it. Snyder's not the right director for this and I've seen the video of the superman with the bright background (instead of the dreary gray background snyder used) and it looked a helluva lot better. I don't get why they have to make superman into some kind of dark character. He's supposed to be smarter (more perceptive considering his powers just like in All Star Superman) not darker.

I haven't seen Affleck play intense roles. He always struck me as being too laid back to be batman or daredevil. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think he can be a good batman. The batman costume looks nice if you don't look at all of the muscle padding which makes him look more like Puck from alpha flight.

Oh and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? Really?! Mike Myers could do a better job as Lex Luthor. Probably a 70-75% at most for RT. Worst case scenario would probably be at 40%

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:
@bflynn316 said:

Wow.

Wow what?

You blew my mind. Seriously though, what reviews a movie will receive is a question that should be asked before the movie is released, I mean after it is released we will all know the answer, right?