• 65 results
Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) 9 months, 19 days ago

Poll: will Avengers 4 break the battle forums even worse then Avengers infinity war (60 votes)

yes it will break it even more 78%
no it won't 22%
#1 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

something in my head is telling me that there are not going to be too much fight scenes in avengers 4 compared to Infinity war. I think that there will be more development of the story and the characters. Just like Xmen days of future past

#2 Posted by TheMaximus (709 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely. I have a feeling well see wb hulk.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#3 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much any MCU or DCEU movie will break the forums at this point, the rivalry is more toxic than ever.

#4 Posted by Amcu (16213 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Captain Marvel along with WB Hulk will join "full force of a Star" Thor.

It's going to be overwhelming.

#5 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: about the three characters you mentioned which of them you predict will have more battle threads? I’m tempted to say cap Marvel

#6 Posted by Amcu (16213 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: about the three characters you mentioned which of them you predict will have more battle threads? I’m tempted to say cap Marvel

Probably Thor or her.

#7 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: yeah although I’m waiting that avengers 4 will do some justice to hulk after his poor and short performance against thanos. (Great stomp scene BTW)

#9 Posted by Amcu (16213 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: yeah although I’m waiting that avengers 4 will do some justice to hulk after his poor and short performance against thanos. (Great stomp scene BTW)

Me too. I think Hulk will be really strong in A4. Not sure how much but I think he'll do much better than in IW.

#10 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

BATTLE FORUM BROKE???

#11 Edited by mexcomics2078 (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: it would be funny if thanos gets ragdolled by hulk the same way Loki did in avengers 1.

#12 Posted by MainJP (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk will SMASH the battle forums.

#13 Posted by Amcu (16213 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: it would be funny if thanos gets ragdolled by hulk the same way Loki did in avengers 1.

I doubt they'd go that far but if they fight again I think Hulk will do a lot better.

#14 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anything will top ''Full force of a star, therefore planetary'' wank and that Stormbreaker can suddenly pierce or even cause a superficial cut to DCEU Superman or Doomsday with no feats suggesting so. It will definitely get more toxic, though.

#15 Posted by mrmonster (14623 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not.

What made Infinity War such a hit on the battles forum was for two reasons. 1) We got 5 new villains, and the Outriders and 2) Existing characters got so many new feats. Avengers 4 will probably give us more good feats, but I doubt it'll introduce a lot, if any, new villains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#16 Edited by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp said:

Hulk will SMASH the battle forums.

No Caption Provided

#17 Posted by MainJP (5881 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#18 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by phillip33 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, everyone’s gonna get better feats, and they already got huge amps across the board in IW. I feel like the battle forums will start giving mcu hulk some respect.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#20 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: Stormbreaker can pierce Superman and Doomsday though, you can stop being in denial on the other hand.

#21 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Forum machine 🅱️roke

#22 Posted by The_Kidd (11758 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War broke the battle forums?

#23 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. The forums were alot more tame than I thought after IW.

#24 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkpsychiclord_prime: Yup, no feats supporting the claim but I'm in denial

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(This is the perfect example of IW hype/wank)

#25 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: Thanos no selling vibranium blades is a better piercing durability than anything DD, or Superman have. Stormbreaker pierced him, do you understand that logic?

#26 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: Thanos no selling vibranium blades is a better piercing durability than anything DD, or Superman have. Stormbreaker pierced him, do you understand that logic?

Thanos durability is ass.

No Caption Provided

Yeah let me know when Iron Man can bloody Superman or Doomsday with a punch lmao.

To think stormbreaker can pierce Superman or Doomsday is ridiculous based off it's feats.

#27 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Not going to feed a troll. Doomsday oneshotting Iron Man LMAO.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#28 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

I take back my original statement. A4 won't just be the film to break the battles section, it will be the movie that possibly gets MCU vs DCEU banned. This thread is proof enough lmao.

#29 Edited by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkpsychiclord_prime: I understand how stupid and brain-dead this 'no piercing feats' argument is. It has got to be one of the dumbest dumb things that's accepted by a lot of people.

I'll help you understand something you don't. Explain the difference between piercing and blunt attacks. A good tip is to use common sense. I'll wait.

Btw, those same vibranium blades Thanos tanked didn't even pierce outriders, going by your own faulty logic. Thanos isn't even 1/10th as durable as Clark but I'll let you figure the difference between piercing and blunt attacks.

#30 Posted by JohnCena69swag (3777 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't even say infinity war "broke" the battle forums. It made things interesting. I'm hoping avengers 4 does the same thing.

#31 Posted by ironbart (591 posts) - - Show Bio

The same Battle threads will be repeated even more times than they are now.

#32 Posted by Helloman (28525 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#33 Posted by xZone (10338 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: That's not how feats work. If thanos isn't pierced by virbranium blades (he tanked caps blades to the chin) and iron man did pierce him, that's a feat for iron man. NOT a feat against thanos. That's how feats work.

#34 Edited by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Well when Iron Man has street level striking feats and bloodies Thanos with a punch, that shows his durability is not very good.

Why did Gamora think she can kill him with stabs? She knows more about him than arguably anyone and she thought stabbing him would kill him. That goes to show his durability is weak.

#35 Posted by xZone (10338 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Stark is clearly not street tier. His bleeding edge armor was incredibly powerful, plus, he used the maximum amount of leverage to get that hit with what seemed to be his strongest attack and drew one drop of blood. That would more than likely hurt Superman, which I know you won't agree to, but idrc. The bottom line is, Starks attacks do more damage than vibranium spikes. Following me? Because that's where the feats lead us.

#36 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: street level striking? The man who dropped a building, got punched through builds, and tanked a Mach 32 building sized meteor without any damage is street level? Seriously?

#37 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: His best striking feats are street level. Unless I'm forgetting some amazing striking feat he has where he launches someone a massive distance, or creates a shockwave? And no that definitely wouldn't hurt Superman, like at all.

Lets do this the even easier way. What's Thanos best durability feats? Because it's definitely not better than even Superman's average feats.

And you didn't answer my question. Why did Gamora think she can kill him with stabs? She knows more about him than arguably anyone and she thought stabbing him would kill him. That goes to show his durability is weak.

#38 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@malzahaar: I'm pretty sure his striking is street level. I think he's above street level, but more through his versatility and other weaponry.

#39 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: its above street level.

Next, you'll tell me aquaman can beat him.

#40 Posted by xZone (10338 posts) - - Show Bio

@malzahaar: Dude, he thinks Aquaman Stomps Thor. Don't bring him his god

#41 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: if that's the case he's a troll lol.

#42 Posted by xZone (10338 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Stark in general who has suits that create pretty good shockwaves (hulkbuster), but bleeding edge armor didn't have many striking feats. He's obviously not street tier though, seeing how easily he shot cull back.

I'm not arguing for thanos's best durability feat. All I said was very simple.

He tanked a vibranium shield point wielded by a super soldier to the chin and no damage done.

Stark used his best attacks and drew one drop of blood.

What this indicates to me, is that his repulser amped punch (blunt attack) does more piercing damage than a vibranium spike (piercing damage) to thanos. That's quite impressive.

#43 Posted by xZone (10338 posts) - - Show Bio

@malzahaar: I used to think that, but idk now. I think he's just really devoted to the DCEU, which is fine. I think his argument was that Aquaman hit Steppenwolf which means he dwarfs Thor in strength or something. Oh well, doesn't matter

#44 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder said:

@darkpsychiclord_prime: I understand how stupid and brain-dead this 'no piercing feats' argument is. It has got to be one of the dumbest dumb things that's accepted by a lot of people.

Because there are a lot of characters in fiction that can tank even planet busting attacks, yet be pierced by bullets. That doesn't mean it applies to every character, But neither Superman or Doomsday have enough feats to suggest they can't be pierced by Stormbreaker. Going by your logic then Thor has comparable piercing durability to Superman because he tanked a city busting attack without a scratch. He also survived the concentrated heat of a neutron star for a longer period of time than Superman or Doomsday have shown to be able to survive. Yet he was pierced by Asgardian blades, then that means every Asgardian blade is comparable or superior to WW's sword. I'll help you accept this by actually show you what fodder asgardian blades can do:

Ships that can mow through buildings without a scratch and tank asgardian high calliber gun fire to some degree, were easily pierced by Heimdall's knifes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hela's cape, wich also tanked high calliber asgardian gunfire was also pierced by fodder Asgardian blades.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So i've shown you that asgardian blades have pierced not only high calliber bullet proof materials, but also Thor aswell, who tanked and survived things comparable and even superior to what Superman or Doomsday have. Are you really going to say that Stormbreaker, an Asgardian weapon made for kings from uru metal, is inferior to fodder asgardian blades, therefore can't pierce Thor? Not to mention neither Doomsday nor Superman came out unscratched from the nuke.

No Caption Provided
Doomsday even had to regenerate by growing spikes, similar to when WW cut his arm.
Doomsday even had to regenerate by growing spikes, similar to when WW cut his arm.

That's not even considering Stormbreaker overpowered a beam from a fully assembled IG, wich imo puts it above anything in the DCEU.

I'll help you understand something you don't. Explain the difference between piercing and blunt attacks. A good tip is to use common sense. I'll wait.

There's this thing called split durability, Wonder Woman from the comics has it. Even then, i've followed your logic and proven that Stormbreaker can pierce Superman and DD.

Btw, those same vibranium blades Thanos tanked didn't even pierce outriders, going by your own faulty logic. Thanos isn't even 1/10th as durable as Clark but I'll let you figure the difference between piercing and blunt attacks.

You'll have to show me that because i remember Cap piercing them very well, i'll have to wait until there are clips available on youtube though.

#45 Posted by uugieboogie (13023 posts) - - Show Bio

I take back my original statement. A4 won't just be the film to break the battles section, it will be the movie that possibly gets MCU vs DCEU banned. This thread is proof enough lmao.

#46 Posted by silvanus (895 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: You think piercing durability and blunt force are the same? No they are not. The mechanism of damaging is entirely different. Do a bit of research if you have time.

It's one think to lack knowledge or have misconceptions in an area. But calling anything above your knowledge and understanding stupid and dumb is pretty immature.

Shall I argue that wonder woman has poor durability because she could be hurt by bullets?

#47 Posted by xZone (10338 posts) - - Show Bio

At that point there will be so many avengers who can Stomp Superman that people's heads gonna explode

#48 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: Total agreement man, you can't just have a knife and cut a diamond, or some really hard leather. To me if some guy has a large degree of blunt force he will be resistant by piercing attacks a tier below because he is that damn durable. Though do work a little differently but at the same time do not though.

#49 Posted by GateOfBabylon (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: if that's the case he's a troll lol.

I mean he once said Aquaman could speedblitz one shot Loki. LOL.

#50 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2914 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War didn't break anything...it simply that the movie was both great...while also demonstrating how powerful the Avengers really are.