TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheAmazingSpidey
No Caption Provided

To begin with, I don't hate X-Men: Days of Future Past, nor do I love it either, I left the theatre with a meh, could've been better feeling... I certainly enjoyed watching it, but it wasn't anything I would rank in my top 10 CBMs. Heck - I'm not sure it'd make my top 15. In this editorial, I'll explain thoroughly why Days of Future Past is merely an average film, thanks for reading, and don't forget to leave your comments below...

Firstly, the film didn't bring anything to make it standout - it was the same sort of story done to death countless times, and @illyanarasputin covered that, anyways. Sure - the effects were fantastic, cast was outstanding, it was well paced, and a fun film... but overall, the writing and narrative were generic, predictable, and nothing new - it was a general "back in time to save the future" thing that's been done to death... so if you think this film did anything special, feel free to share below.

Heck - I enjoyed Quicksilver... but I honestly don't think he's anywhere near as amazing as most people have made him out to be, and not only that, Quicksilver is shoved in there as a plot device, with little characterisation... that's weak, weak storytelling. So - could you imagine, in Avengers 2... the heroes are going up against Ultron... and then they call on Ms Marvel for a single scene as a plot device and then she becomes non-existent in the next scene. F*ck enjoyable... it's just bad writing and bad storytelling - straight and simple.

Now, I'd like to discuss my next point of discussion... James did a sublime job as a younger Xavier, and I liked the character... mostly. However, something bothering me was the depiction of his depression - which wasn't done well. Why? Because the writers played his depression for laughs. Yeah, there was one or two admittedly nice scenes that fleshed out his depression, but what's honestly sad is that the rest of his depression was mostly utilised for chuckles. For example - we see Xavier lashing out and speaking the F-Word... because the thought of Xavier lashing out is amusing and is good for laughter, and that's what bugs me - they could've done something with his depression but they didn't.

Thirdly is the future segments of the storyline - which were completely wasted. To start with, a bulk of the future is all in one room, with Kitty helping Wolverine tap into the past, and the rest watching, and the characters aren't characterised at all. Is Ice-Man characterised. Nope. Is Future Professor X characterised? Nope. Is Future Magneto characterised? Um... nope... not at all. And overall - they don't do much with the future, being - they could've explored a lot, but the future setting is wasted and they barely did anything interesting or noteworthy with it.

Well, yeah - that's basically what bothered me with the film, and it's not hugely much... but there wasn't anything standout with the film, Quicksilver was poor writing, and the future segments were wasted, with a bulk of the mutants lacking characterisation - thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed - so don't forget to leave your comments below.

Thanks,

- TAS

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

X-men DOFP > GotG

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men DOFP > GotG

Well, I respectfully disagree, because I thought Guardians of The Galaxy was a wonderful, fantastic film loaded with too much action, and Days of Future Past was a meh film, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

To each his own, though ^__^, and feel free to elaborate! XD.

- TAS

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SilverPool
No Caption Provided

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh, heh, I expected those sort of reactions >__>

Go ahead and explain if you'd like... what on earth makes X-Men: Days of Future Past a good film?

- TAS

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: It es guud becuz I liek it

Go watch the AMC Review, Jeremy Jahns Review, Chris Stuckmann, or John Flickster's review of DoFP if you want to know why people think it's good. I'm not going to write a six paragraph explanation for why I like the movie, my hands hurt from masturbation.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: It es guud becuz I liek it

Go watch the AMC Review, Jeremy Jahns Review, Chris Stuckmann, or John Flickster's review of DoFP if you want to know why people think it's good. I'm not going to write a six paragraph explanation for why I like the movie, my hands hurt from masturbation.

Sure, cool - I'll check those out, although I'm not entirely sure reviews will debunk my gripes, but, oh well, I'll give it a go, thanks >__>

Um... yeah... sure... weirdo... I kid, I kid.

- TAS

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a good movie.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a good movie.

'Kay, Um, I'm glad you enjoyed it ^__^

- TAS

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@theamazingspidey: Guess you missed the theme of fate vs. free will.

Maybe so, but that doesn't make it a good movie. ASM2 has the theme of time (Harry running out of time, Gwen's speech on time, Richard Parker running out of time etc. etc.) and that wasn't a good film.

- TAS

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By amazing_webhead

It had its flaws for sure, but as far as X-Men movies go it's the best of the bunch

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It had its flaws for sure, but as far as X-Men movies go it's the best of the bunch

Well, then - glad you liked it ^^

- TAS

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I didnt watch it; i hate Spider-Man.

Yeah, well - ASM2 dealt with this intriguing themes, and that didn't save the film from being a 6/10 at best.

- TAS

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By silent_bomber

I agree, the future scenes felt sanitised and lost a lot, if not all of their impact. Releasing Magneto from prison was also pretty much pointless, all he did was spend the entire movie working against them, a lot of the plot was a little too predictable.

When I think of the movie I feel like it was largely a sequence of set-pieces and special effects, the only character they really did anything interesting with was young Xavier, who rescued the movie from mediocrity.

It was a pretty good movie, but not one I would watch again in a hurry.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber:

The future scenes didn't exist because they were critical to the film at all, and they, and the characters in the future setting, didn't feel important at all - and they were only there to bridge the gap from past to future.

Agreed - nothing stand out, really, it was a fun film, but a bunch of set pieces and effects in a sequence, nothing else.

I guess, I'll be buying on Blu-Ray, though. Maybe I'll like it more.

- TAS

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@symbioticspider-man said:

X-men DOFP > GotG

Furthermore X-men DOFP>>>>>>>>ASM 2.

I really don't wanna get into arguments when I like a movie and ruin my experience. But really, that Quicksilver part bothered you that much? I remember at some point you were talking about double standers when it comes to plot-holes in a movie. As far as I remember, Quicksilver was doing a job he was offered for prize. They left him 'cause they didn't want to take a cocky teenager to do later more serious jobs that's better done by the rest of the adults. He wasn't playing a costumed hero here, so why the comparison with Ms. Marvel! Even if Quicksilver was a plot device, why the heck would I care when seeing him into action was one of the best experiences in this movie!

Movies are not all about filling plot holes, it's about creativity too. In the whole Quicksilver part you can totally feel Bryan Singer's talent of bringing imaginations into reality. Hell, this guy knows how to direct a movie when he wants. There wasn't a single moment in this movie that didn't connect.

All the plot-holes aside, at some point it leaves you nostalgic about or past and makes you keep wondering for your future. It's totally fitting for its title & the best thing about this movie for me.

Well, if you got all that yet disliked it, what can I say! Different person, different perception I guess.

No Caption Provided

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan:

It was friggin fun to watch Quicksilver in the pentagon sequence, but critically and analytically, it's bad writings. It's a turning point for the narrative, and so they churn out a plot device to advance the story, which IS the definition of lazy writing, which ASM1 is so often unfairly accused of...

- TAS

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan:

It was friggin fun to watch Quicksilver in the pentagon sequence, but critically and analytically, it's bad writings. It's a turning point for the narrative, and so they churn out a plot device to advance the story, which IS the definition of lazy writing, which ASM1 is so often unfairly accused of...

- TAS

I really don't wanna go into plot points of ASM after all this years. Fox mostly brought in quicksilver as a sign of disrespect towards Age of Ultron and Marvel industry in general. I knew it would end up being a bug but they made up for it by making it as creative and enjoyable as possible.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:

@mad_titan:

- TAS

I really don't wanna go into plot points of ASM after all this years. Fox mostly brought in quicksilver as a sign of disrespect towards Age of Ultron and Marvel industry in general. I knew it would end up being a bug but they made up for it by making it as creative and enjoyable as possible.

Fair enough, then.

- TAS

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The average modern comic fan/movie goer is a whiner. I'm going to get that out of the way now. When I was a kid we barely had super heroes on the silver screen and when we did get them we were lucky to have a coherent story or top tier special effects.

It seems the modern cbmf/movie goer wants all these films to be Schindler's List or something. "Oh no!, they underutilized Iceman", who is in a supporting role. He is the equivalent to background cop #3 in a detective action flick. Back when I was a kid odds are he wouldn't be in the movie at all, replaced with some original character who filled the same role. We moved up in the world. Iceman is in it over Jim the extra and what do we do? We bitch that he isn't the star. Sucks for Iceman fans that he isn't marketable enough to have a solo film or to star in an ensemble. The fact is Wolverine, Prof X, Magneto and Mystique were the focus of DoFP. Movies generally focus on main stars because they need to tell a story in 90-180 or so minutes.

Long story short, rather then finding fault everywhere learn to enjoy things for what they are. Most CBM's are going to be "average" films and every so often a Dark Knight or Winter Soldier will come out to push the envelope a bit further.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it better than The Avengers...

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it better than The Avengers...

Cool! Glad you enjoyed ^__^

- TAS

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The average modern comic fan/movie goer is a whiner. I'm going to get that out of the way now. When I was a kid we barely had super heroes on the silver screen and when we did get them we were lucky to have a coherent story or top tier special effects.

It seems the modern cbmf/movie goer wants all these films to be Schindler's List or something. "Oh no!, they underutilized Iceman", who is in a supporting role. He is the equivalent to background cop #3 in a detective action flick. Back when I was a kid odds are he wouldn't be in the movie at all, replaced with some original character who filled the same role. We moved up in the world. Iceman is in it over Jim the extra and what do we do? We bitch that he isn't the star. Sucks for Iceman fans that he isn't marketable enough to have a solo film or to star in an ensemble. The fact is Wolverine, Prof X, Magneto and Mystique were the focus of DoFP. Movies generally focus on main stars because they need to tell a story in 90-180 or so minutes.

Long story short, rather then finding fault everywhere learn to enjoy things for what they are. Most CBM's are going to be "average" films and every so often a Dark Knight or Winter Soldier will come out to push the envelope a bit further.

If there were a good amount of redeeming qualities in the narrative, I would've surely been able to forgive those flaws, but there wasn't many redeeming qualities for that matters.

- TAS

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go ahead and explain if you'd like... what on earth makes X-Men: Days of Future Past a good film?

- TAS

It erased the previous X-Men trilogy- X-Men 2 and X-Men 3 in particular- from the official canon, so that the events of those films effectively never happened? Doesn't that make it a good film?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep said:

@theamazingspidey said:

- TAS

It erased the previous X-Men trilogy- X-Men 2 and X-Men 3 in particular- from the official canon, so that the events of those films effectively never happened? Doesn't that make it a good film?

That doesn't make it a good film. In terms of writing, plot, characterisation etc... how was it a solid film?

- TAS

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#27  Edited By black_wreath

While I think it was definitely better than "average", you do raise some good points. I've long felt the X-Men film franchise gets away with things other CBMs would not. The MCU would certainly not get away with so many characters defined by powers rather than actual characteristics (for example Storm has been in 4 movies now and we still know little about her beyond weather control and Halle Berry received 2nd billing in 3 of those movies, I use her as an example since I would've assumed such an iconic character would've been a priority). Cyclops may unfortunately only exist in the movies to make Wolverine look even cooler in comparison but at least we know him as more than the guy with eye beams and sunglasses. I'm begging Singer to do something with the mutants that were never developed despite having great actors playing them in Apocalypse.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep said:

@theamazingspidey said:

- TAS

That doesn't make it a good film. In terms of writing, plot, characterisation etc... how was it a solid film?

- TAS

Well, I thought it was a relatively decent film, at least 5/10. And doesn't it deserve a couple of extra points, as added credit for erasing X-Men 2, X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine from existence?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep said:

@theamazingspidey said:

@sundeep said:

@theamazingspidey said:

- TAS

- TAS

Well, I thought it was a relatively decent film, at least 5/10. And doesn't it deserve a couple of extra points, as added credit for erasing X-Men 2, X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine from existence?

5/10 isn't decent, it's mediocre, but okay :)

However - does IM2 deserve credit for setting up the future MCU films? Will ASM2 be perceived as a "good film" if Sinister Six is brilliant?... It just doesn't make sense...

- TAS

While I think it was definitely better than "average", you do raise some good points. I've long felt the X-Men film franchise gets away with things other CBMs would not. The MCU would certainly not get away with so many characters defined by powers rather than actual characteristics (for example Storm has been in 4 movies now and we still know little about her beyond weather control and Halle Berry received 2nd billing in 3 of those movies, I use her as an example since I would've assumed such an iconic character would've been a priority). Cyclops may unfortunately only exist in the movies to make Wolverine look even cooler in comparison but at least we know him as more than the guy with eye beams and sunglasses. I'm begging Singer to do something with the mutants that were never developed despite having great actors playing them in Apocalypse.

Thanks, and agreed - with DOFP, the characters weren't important because of who they are, but because of what they can do, which is something Man of Steel was critiqued for, yet the X-Men films get the "get out of jail free card."

- TAS

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Days of Future Past is a doubt a flawed movie, but it's a great flawed movie in my opinion. I certainly wouldn't call it average. Too much of the cast delivers in the acting department for that. Even though it does have a fair share of narrative and structure problems, it's forgivable because of how ambitious the movie is. I mean really, it's a film that's trying to act as a sequel to like three movies, while effectively undoing two movies from it's convoluted timeline, on top of telling it's own story. It sounds horrible on paper, and I had huge doubts, but it did what it had to do, and it got the most important aspect of that (being it's own movie before anything else) right.

Heck - I enjoyed Quicksilver... but I honestly don't think he's anywhere near as amazing as most people have made him out to be, and not only that, Quicksilver is shoved in there as a plot device, with little characterisation... that's weak, weak storytelling. So - could you imagine, in Avengers 2... the heroes are going up against Ultron... and then they call on Ms Marvel for a single scene as a plot device and then she becomes non-existent in the next scene. F*ck enjoyable... it's just bad writing and bad storytelling - straight and simple.

This isn't really a fair comparison with vague context like that. While I don't doubt Quicksilver is in the movie so Fox could get a leg up on Marvel Studios, he still worked fine with the narrative of the film. It wasn't as though the existing characters got him for something they could handle (which, with no context, would be what Ms. Marvel showing up to fight Ultron would be), but they recruited him to help with something they couldn't do. We see Beast do his part in the Pentagon, then we see Xavier and Wolverine be near-useless and drop the ball once things get tricky, even requiring Quicksilver's help to save them before the scene is over. Why doesn't Quicksilver stick around? Well, why should he? He's a kid living with his mom whose motives from what we see are simply driven by fun and getting what he wants. He's not taking a stand for anything, he isn't thinking about the state of the mutant race, he's just a teenager. I'm not saying the inclusion and execution of Quicksilver was flawless, but it wasn't terrible either. It was a good way to introduce a character for a brief moment that came off believably. You could believe they needed his help, and you could believe he wouldn't have reason to stick around.

Now, I'd like to discuss my next point of discussion... James did a sublime job as a younger Xavier, and I liked the character... mostly. However, something bothering me was the depiction of his depression - which wasn't done well. Why? Because the writers played his depression for laughs. Yeah, there was one or two admittedly nice scenes that fleshed out his depression, but what's honestly sad is that the rest of his depression was mostly utilised for chuckles. For example - we see Xavier lashing out and speaking the F-Word... because the thought of Xavier lashing out is amusing and is good for laughter, and that's what bugs me - they could've done something with his depression but they didn't.

Why is Xavier angrily telling Wolverine to "F--- off" being taken as played for laughs? I didn't get that impression at all. It was a tense moment. I saw this movie twice in the theaters and while it's a bit of an "oh shit!" moment, it's not a punchline, and I didn't hear anyone laugh at it. I think it's a huge misconception to say Xavier's depression was used for laughs. His character was so different from being constantly jokey and light-hearted in First Class compared to this movie. It was easy to relate to his situation for anyone who saw First Class (the added line of students being drafted for war was a nice touch), plus he basically had a drug addiction on top of it, and with that came some of the most emotionally resonating moments in the entire film. In fact the only funny thing I can really recall him doing is when he tells Wolverine he's on acid, which was hilarious.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@uncanny_doom:

The introduction of Quicksilver isn't any better than Rhino's inclusion in the Amazing Spider-Man 2, because Quicksilver was either introduced in DOFP to A) act as a plot device or B) set up for Apocalypse or C) Both... and all of the above are weak excuses to introduce the character. Regarding Xavier's depression, it mightn't have been played for laughs, per se, but it's amusing nonetheless to watch Xavier, the character we've seen in future films, and in the comic books for that matter, and also First Class for that matter, cursing - which was played for an "oh sh!t" effect...

- TAS

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenger was pure hype and lets face it it takes 45 boring minutes to start a movie, even when they had movies before to do that.

@picard Explain pretty well why it was an average movie in the thread about Avengers being overrated, people had no way to counter his arguments besides the fact they liked the movie and the reason why they liked the movie.

Guardians of the Galaxy wasnt that incredibly original, it was Star Wars, Star Lord was Han Solo, Gamora was Leia, Groot was a mix of Chewie and C3PO and Rocket was R2D2.

Which is the evidence Star Wars hate and dumbasses that say its outdated, are WROOOOOOOONG!!!

Day of Future past isnt trying to be a Marvel movie and for what i cant tell, people have problems with this movie for this reason, it happened the same with The Dark Knight Trilogy, Man of Steel, Amazing Spiderman and pretty much all superhero movies.

People often forgives Marvel plot holes, senseless plots and terribly boring villains.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@uncanny_doom:

The introduction of Quicksilver isn't any better than Rhino's inclusion in the Amazing Spider-Man 2, because Quicksilver was either introduced in DOFP to A) act as a plot device or B) set up for Apocalypse or C) Both... and all of the above are weak excuses to introduce the character. Regarding Xavier's depression, it mightn't have been played for laughs, per se, but it's amusing nonetheless to watch Xavier, the character we've seen in future films, and in the comic books for that matter, and also First Class for that matter, cursing - which was played for an "oh sh!t" effect...

- TAS

Well, why exactly can't he be a plot device? Not every character has to be a fleshed out and layered. I think Quicksilver was done better than Rhino because he was a well done plot device. Rhino was just kind of there randomly both at the beginning and end, but the narrative of the story works Quicksilver in and out. There's at least an effort there that by default I feel would make the execution better than Rhino. I can't even remember if they showed how Rhino got his suit.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

This was the best comic book film of all time. Not saying everyone has to agree with that, but if you're trying to sit here and say it wasn't that great a film, you're just flat out wrong. Responding to your complaints:

The film did nothing to make itself stand out? You know, with the exception of beautiful scenes like the one with past & future Charles, Logan waking up after altering the timeline, Charles getting Mystique to stand down at the end, Charles & Erik on the plane, etc. Or the amazing performances from James McAvoy & Michael Fassbender (who's making his way to be my favorite casting ever in a CBM). Or the general theme of hope the film had. Or doing what little comic films do and get me to actually care about the characters as much as I do without already knowing their characters in the comics (I do know their characters, but that didn't come in to getting me to care so much about them). Yeah, this film didn't stand out at all...

Not this Quicksilver thing again. If I recall correctly, Quicksilver was just doing a job (helping break out Magneto) which he was being offered something in exchange for. They didn't bring him with them later in the film because they didn't have use for a cocky teenager to do jobs better suited for the others that Quicksilver wouldn't have contributed to much at all. I really don't know what else to add.

The Xavier thing is the only thing here that could be a legit complaint. I can kind of understand saying it wasn't fleshed out enough, but you're exaggerating when saying it was mostly only used for laughs. There were a few jokes there, but it wasn't just thrown in so they could make some cheap jokes.

As for the future scenes "being wasted" (as you put it), you do know that's how it was in the original DoFP storyline, don't you? Had they focused more on the future, would you be complaining that that's not how it was in the comics and being different from that is wrong? Or would you be complaining the past scenes were wasted? Plus, the story they wanted to tell was in the past with the future as a way to just set it up. They wanted a film focusing on Charles, Erik, Mystique, and developing their characters, not a generic apocalyptic world with the X-Men fighting robots while everything good (the sections in the past) is happening off-screen.

Others might have said this same stuff (I didn't read all the comments), but that's just me responding to these ridiculous complaints. I apologize if I sounded too rude.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Yeah I agree with absolute nothing you said and find most/all of your points pretty weak.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

This was the best comic book film of all time. Not saying everyone has to agree with that, but if you're trying to sit here and say it wasn't that great a film, you're just flat out wrong. Responding to your complaints:

The film did nothing to make itself stand out? You know, with the exception of beautiful scenes like the one with past & future Charles, Logan waking up after altering the timeline, Charles getting Mystique to stand down at the end, Charles & Erik on the plane, etc. Or the amazing performances from James McAvoy & Michael Fassbender (who's making his way to be my favorite casting ever in a CBM). Or the general theme of hope the film had. Or doing what little comic films do and get me to actually care about the characters as much as I do without already knowing their characters in the comics (I do know their characters, but that didn't come in to getting me to care so much about them). Yeah, this film didn't stand out at all...

Not this Quicksilver thing again. If I recall correctly, Quicksilver was just doing a job (helping break out Magneto) which he was being offered something in exchange for. They didn't bring him with them later in the film because they didn't have use for a cocky teenager to do jobs better suited for the others that Quicksilver wouldn't have contributed to much at all. I really don't know what else to add.

The Xavier thing is the only thing here that could be a legit complaint. I can kind of understand saying it wasn't fleshed out enough, but you're exaggerating when saying it was mostly only used for laughs. There were a few jokes there, but it wasn't just thrown in so they could make some cheap jokes.

As for the future scenes "being wasted" (as you put it), you do know that's how it was in the original DoFP storyline, don't you? Had they focused more on the future, would you be complaining that that's not how it was in the comics and being different from that is wrong? Or would you be complaining the past scenes were wasted? Plus, the story they wanted to tell was in the past with the future as a way to just set it up. They wanted a film focusing on Charles, Erik, Mystique, and developing their characters, not a generic apocalyptic world with the X-Men fighting robots while everything good (the sections in the past) is happening off-screen.

Others might have said this same stuff (I didn't read all the comments), but that's just me responding to these ridiculous complaints. I apologize if I sounded too rude.

Aw... I'm glad you enjoyed Days of Future Past, then >__> Fair enough.

There were admittedly nice scenes throughout the film, and they were well put together, but they were mostly style over substance, and I'm admitting that the cast was to die for and James and Michael were brilliant in their respective rules - but the material was lacking in character development, with Xavier's depression played for amusement every now and then, akin to a legitimate theme.

I've read most of the first issue of Days of Future Past, and that's cool if they're adapting something... but from a film making standpoint, it didn't work, and they could've at least done something more productive with the future storyline, instead of the mutants watch Kitty's hands around Logan's head like her apple's been stuck in a tree. See, my gripes aren't that there wasn't enough future scenes... but they simply weren't well written and weren't well utilised.

No worries, man ^__^ Doesn't sound rude at all, you know - it happens! XD.

- TAS

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I agree with absolute nothing you said and find most/all of your points pretty weak.

That's cool ^^

- TAS

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My top three so far this year is

1. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (might even be in my top 10 of all time)
  2. Cap 3
  3. X-Men DOFP
Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just an awful review.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just an awful review.

Aww... I'm sorry to death I offended your love for the film >__>

Post flagged.

Also, LOL, it isn't a review.

- TAS

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. Cap 3
  3. X-Men DOFP

How on earth did you watch the third Cap film? Woah...

- TAS

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

2. Cap 3
  3. X-Men DOFP

- TAS

Damn right!

I must be so exited for Cap 3 I made a whoopsie

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:

@saint_wildcard said:

2. Cap 3
  3. X-Men DOFP

- TAS

Damn right!

If you watched Cap 3... you also watched every other CBM in 2016. How's Sinister Six?

- TAS

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

@theamazingspidey said:

@saint_wildcard said:

2. Cap 3
  3. X-Men DOFP

- TAS

Damn right!

If you watched Cap 3... you also watched every other CBM in 2016. How's Sinister Six?

- TAS

Every movie in 2016 bombed because BvS is taking up all the screens and is number 1 in the box office for 6 months straight. As for my thoughts on the movie,,, meh

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RiddlerZeroYear

@theamazingspidey: You're right, this isn't a review.

It's a list of mangled thoughts that barely apply when one really watches the film.

Pray tell, what are these 10 CBMs you consider to be better than DoFP? I'll try to stifle my laughter.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Thorverine

I liked it.

I wish it showed more of the war, rather than the Sentinels in mop up duty.

It would have been nice the see the X-Men win a few battles along the way, rather than get killed, barely escape, repeat.

LEGACY6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved DOFP a lot more than "GOTG" and "The Avengers". I highly disagree that it's an average film.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RisingBean

@theamazingspidey: I wasn't overly impressed with DofP myself. But I still think that average teen to early middle 20 something has it much better then they realize as far as comic based movies are concerned. In my day we had the Superman and Batman series, some low/no budget Marvel stuff and not much more. As far as Hollywood is concerned it's the best time to be a comics fan. Not all movies will be great. If they are enjoyable, be happy. You'll likely never find a perfect CBM. Enjoy them for what they are.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cresShadow

thank you for saying what I was too lazy to write lol however, with the future parts, I would of liked if they added at least another half hour or so into the beginning to show the struggle they had to go through with this war and remind the audiences that these are heroes being killed and not just some random mutants that happened to be left. even though wolverine telling beast that he doesnt make it still leaves a little emotional shock, I found the fact that he, a respected political leader and during in the old timeline being dragged out of his home and publicly executed to be heart breaking and those who remember that would of thought the same. that's my only issue. I mean heck, blink only had one line which is odd to me because she was the leader of two teams and in new mutants she was the loud mouth. im nit picking now but I just feel that these moments would of been great to have

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided