Why WB should prioritize Justice League 2

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Here are some of the many reasons why that movie should be a priority:

- Opportunity to include more characters, such as Green Lantern(s), Shazam, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Supergirl, etc.

- Legion of Doom possibility, with tons of villains to choose from.

- The team is important for the future.

- An opportunity to build towards a big crossover, like Darkseid or Crisis on Infinite Earths.

- An opportunity for a good Justice League movie.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why they shouldn't (yet).

• They need more time for Justice League to be a distant memory.
  • For now, they need to get us more on board with their individual heroes. One of the biggest complaints around Justice League was that Aquaman and Flash were underdeveloped.

That being said, they're definitely going in the right direction. Aquaman is a huge hit, Wonder Woman 1984 is almost a guaranteed success, and Shazam is probably going to be fun too. Add The Flash, The Batman, and maybe Green Lantern, and then I'd call them ready to prioritize Justice League 2.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, let them take their time (6-7 years) and create a handfull of good solo movies, so then already known and developed characters could be united in JL 2. No rush and no priorities.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

after a couple more years, build up the villains then maybe use Legion of Doom

introduce more heroes in their own movies, I'd like another Cavill Superman movie

but if both Cavill and Affleck are out then they can introduce the new Batman and Superman in the next Justice League as far as I care

some kind of Flashpoint movie could explain any changes made if they wanted to bother

Birds of Prey coming out is an interesting step with a smaller unknown team that they can learn from(hopefully)

best to go for more solos than try to force a team up every year or 2

Unusedusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd release the Snyder Cut of JL in 2019 (Since Shazam is the only DCEU movie coming next year and they got nothing to lose by releasing it anyway) and get Snyder and Nolan back for JL2 to continue the story with either Darkseid or Legion of Doom. As for the roster, I'd add Green Lantern, Shazam and Black Canary to the team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no reason to rush back in to a disaster

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. They’ve got 3 well developed characters and currently working on 4. Let them finished all 7 then we’ll talk about JL 2

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd release the Snyder Cut of JL in 2019 (Since Shazam is the only DCEU movie coming next year and they got nothing to lose by releasing it anyway) and get Snyder and Nolan back for JL2 to continue the story with either Darkseid or Legion of Doom. As for the roster, I'd add Green Lantern, Shazam and Black Canary to the team.

I don't think Justice League is a concept that'd real fit Nolan's style. His movies tend to be a lot more grounded in reality. That's part of why some people say having his Batman trilogy set in the same universe as Superman or Wonder Woman would kind of hurt it.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? DCEU doesnt exist anymore , its WODC , just a large collection of DC films , we have no Batman at the moment , more than likely no flash (just scrap it at this point) , no GL & barely a superman (rumour is cavill might stay). So far we have cyborg , WW , Aquaman & Shazam, at this point a JL probably wont be released until a PROPER intro of every character is created and the universe can properly established without WB’s involvement.... so far we have 2 movies in the whole DC universe with zero WB involvement , Aquaman & WW, both are easily 2/3 of the best we have so far , lets keep momentum going with Solo movies and bring it together later on

YOA_501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d say wait until you have your fans back after that incredible waste of time and Money called JL and than come up with a good plan for the second one without rushing it and make a complete trash of a movie also build your characters first by introducing them in a solo movie that will help too.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't really blame WB. Disney set the expectations up. And WB didn't want to follow on their structure in fear of being called rip offs. Which would have happened (you know who you are).

It didn't work. They messed up. I'm all for course corrections but the DC lineup right now is looking like shit.

kroczilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kroczilla

Yeah... No. They ought to concentrate on adding more flesh to the universe they're trying to build. Honestly there priority should be MOS 2. You can't have a solid universe when the future of its biggest hero is questionable at best.

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they don't release another JL film anytime soon because they'd probably have to recast Batman and Superman. That would be a mistake / seem strange to movie goers since JL wasn't that long ago. Also, their solo movies seem to be working better, so they should play on their strengths for now.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Can't really blame WB. Disney set the expectations up. And WB didn't want to follow on their structure in fear of being called rip offs. Which would have happened (you know who you are).

It didn't work. They messed up. I'm all for course corrections but the DC lineup right now is looking like shit.

Aquaman gave me confidence TBH. If they can't make an interconnected universe as succesful as Marvel, there's no reason they can't make fun standalone movies and the occasional team up.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Like Wonder Woman, Aquaman was a step in the right direction. Though, like Justice League, Shazam could eff the streak up again.

We'll have to wait and see.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Actually, a Redditor who went to an early special screening says Shazam is the best since TDK trilogy.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so a lot of people are thinking that I mean JL2 should be number-one priority. That's not what I mean. It should be one of the priorities, but we at least need Batman, Green Lantern Corps, The Flash and maybe even Black Adam before this movie.

SuperHulk24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get the solo films right first and then do JL 2.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Build your world first, then bring the team back together.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21 JediXMan  Moderator

No. They need a solid foundation.

Make a Superman sequel (BvS was not a proper sequel to Man of Steel). Make a movie for Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, and some more characters. Broaden the universe.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Havenless

Eek.

Prioritize Superman movie and make it more of an action-adventure. Introduce Hal Jordan as the main antagonist, whose attempting to unmilitarize the Milkyway’s star system and Superman is not in line with his goals. Superman ends up following him to a green Lantern prison planet with a red sun, he’s depowered and put in a cell. That’s where the story begins. Have him travel about the area, don’t make it resemble Ragnarok or Superman III. Moreso inspired by The Fugitive meets Fury Road.

Superman should be much less rigid, casual in his approach. He’s very experienced, which makes his adventure on this unknown planet(s) more intriguing.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Actually, a Redditor who went to an early special screening says Shazam is the best since TDK trilogy.

You know what other film got overwhelming feedback from early screenings? Justice League.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said it before...DC should stick to solo films. They have top tier animations which handles the team element better. Even team ups are okay but crossovers should stay on the small screen.

Essem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope we do get to see a JL2 eventually. But not before they have built up a villain (Darkseid) with teases over multiple movies. Build up all the characters aswell. And make a movie that doesnt suck like the first one did.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, not yet. Aquaman was a badly needed success but it's way too early to be talking about JL2. If they rush it then the movie will be a disaster. Better to focus on Shazam right now and then other solo films, get a stable cast, and do some major world building. Only then should they entertain the idea of JL2.