Why Was Wolverine's Healing Factor in Logan Drained/Deminished?

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WeAreTheFlash

Why was it drained?

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The adamantium had poisoned him over the years.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FirestormFate1919

Very heavily so, yes. The Green Liquid was able to restore him to semi-prime condition for short amounts of time, but other than that the adamantium poisoning was doing it's thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weren't they putting something in the food that wiped out the mutants? It was probably that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

The adamantium had poisoned him over the years.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

they didn't outright say it, but they suggest it was the adamantium poisoning

Weren't they putting something in the food that wiped out the mutants? It was probably that.

they weren't very clear, I thought they hinted at the stuff upping their powers while making them lose their minds, and this caused Charles to wipe out the mutants accidentally, possibly with Logan killing some too, which would have been the nightmares he had

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan depress me a lot. I mean think about he went through X-Men 1-3, The Wolverine movies, and finally Days of the Future past to save mutant kind for being hunted to extinction. The ending of DOTF ended up on a hopeful note....

Fast forward to Logan.... THEY ALL DEAD! Like WTF! Is this how the X-Men Cinematic Universe end? It sucks for me and depress so did not watch it. Can't watch the final days where everything they did was in vain, and worse no reset button to make it right...

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@druzzie said:

Logan depress me a lot. I mean think about he went through X-Men 1-3, The Wolverine movies, and finally Days of the Future past to save mutant kind for being hunted to extinction. The ending of DOTF ended up on a hopeful note....

Fast forward to Logan.... THEY ALL DEAD! Like WTF! Is this how the X-Men Cinematic Universe end? It sucks for me and depress so did not watch it. Can't watch the final days where everything they did was in vain, and worse no reset button to make it right...

yae it is sad but think of the x-men marathons that we can watch now.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stuff in the food was to stop new mutants from being born and had nothing to do with Charles mental illness as far I can tell , his healing was weak because of the adamantium poisoning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:
@druzzie said:

yae it is sad but think of the x-men marathons that we can watch now.

LOL that's the very first thing I thought of when I walked out! I'm a huge marathon guy, but Logan's gonna put a serious damper on any I have from now on XD

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WeAreTheFlash

But the healing factor was stopping the adamantium poisoning it doesnt make sense that the healing factor would diminish for no reason. Unless, this is after DOFP in the original timeline, where the Samuri depleted Wolverines powers. That, or the admantium overpowered his healing abilities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the healing factor was stopping the adamantium poisoning it doesnt make sense that the healing factor would diminish for no reason. Unless, this is after DOFP in the original timeline, where the Samuri depleted Wolverines powers. That, or the admantium overpowered his healing abilities.

It's the second one. The healing factor didn't completely stop the poisoning, it was just fighting it off each day. It had to give in sometime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was posioned by the adamantium but, it was also suggested that he was giving up and didn't heal because he didn't want to.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his body was healing while getting poisoned , it was doing it for years , at some point , every mutant's powers will diminish and his finally started diminish

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this Film Theory video pretty much explains it.

Loading Video...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I believe they actually stated that the food poisoning is what affected his healing factor.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordWhiskers

All that booze and smoking. Say no to drugs kids.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I gonna miss that man.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

He was getting old. It's one of the points in Old Man Logan where he still healed but it was diminishing. In OML his healing slowed, but in Logan they took it one step further and added in the adamantium poisoning which started affecting him.

Gigantonigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably from the corn. Would make much more sense and would be also much more satisfying.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age, anti-mutant GMOs, adamantium taking its toll