Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Hate implies passion and energy has been involved

I don't hate Cyborg. But I think hes boring and generally pointless to have on the Jusice League instead of MMH

Barman can all ready be the tech expert. Flash too.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It's not hatred of him, it's that he's been displaced onto the wrong team because of one writer. Secondly it's because the move displaced another longtime and well-liked member onto a far more obscure team and uncertain future. Third thing is that he really doesn't provide a unique service, Batman could already do the tech, so could Superman, and the hyped teleportation ability they had to give him was previously handled just as well by a static machine with a remote.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't, I'm not really a fan, but I would want to write for him. He has massive potential to be extremely interesting, you could explore the nature of advancing BCIs, AI, consciousness, surveillance etc. Cyborg could be made to be really interesting and relevant.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

It's the Johns effect, I like him a lot in JLA by Hitch because the writer is giving me reasons to like him and is involving him in the story. Johns just has a reputation for favouritism,he only likes Cyborg enough to put in on the team as the black guy so that John Stewart wouldn't be able to threaten Hal Jordan's place on the team.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I feel like he was just a peripheral character to most and then making him one of the original seven Justice League members felt pretty pointless to most. When that position could have been with Martian Manhunter or been given to a character that had been an important member of the Justice League in years prior.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate implies passion and energy has been involved

I don't hate Cyborg. But I think hes boring and generally pointless to have on the Jusice League instead of MMH

Barman can all ready be the tech expert. Flash too.

It's not hatred of him, it's that he's been displaced onto the wrong team because of one writer. Secondly it's because the move displaced another longtime and well-liked member onto a far more obscure team and uncertain future. Third thing is that he really doesn't provide a unique service, Batman could already do the tech, so could Superman, and the hyped teleportation ability they had to give him was previously handled just as well by a static machine with a remote.

Just a thought, but there's really no way Batman should even be comparable to Cyborg at tech. Maybe Flash and Superman, but not Batman.

And to be fair, it's not like there isn't any overlap with a lot of the characters on The League including Manhunter anyway. Minus telepathy and shape-shifting, Martian Manhunter would overlap with Superman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam. Flash and Superman overlap. Arguably Aquaman and Wonder Woman overlap.

As it stands now, Cyborg overlaps with Flash and Batman. Not really anyone else though, and again, it's kind of BS that Batman should even be comparable to Cyborg with tech but he's Batman so he'll get a pass.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Because he was kind of a dick when he joined the Titans.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Just a thought, but there's really no way Batman should even be comparable to Cyborg at tech. Maybe Flash and Superman, but not Batman.

You mean aside from it usually being Batman thats the reason the League is based on a space station and him thats the access to the cutting edge of Earth-made technology.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he's hated just that most people could care less about him. Boring, no rogues gallery, irrelevant. Kind of like Aquaman but not as much of a joke.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate him, he just works better in different avenues. His relationship with Shazam is cool, but I still think he works better on TT. He's also not too interesting on his own in some avenues

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he's hated just that most people could care less about him. Boring, no rogues gallery, irrelevant. Kind of like Aquaman but not as much of a joke.

Actually Aquaman does have a little rogues gallery, not much but still more then Cyborg, his own supporting characters and, I think, more relevant then Cyborg.

I like Cyborg, just on the Teen Titans not taking someone else's place on the Justice League.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

People don't like that he was given such a big position with so little payoff at the expense of characters who are generally thought to be more suitable candidates.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

He doesnt seem to really fit on the Justice League and certainly isnt a good replacement for Martian Manhunter. Other than that I dont hate him. I just think he's getting way too much of a push. Do we really need a Cyborg movie?

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate him. I only thing that they put him in the wrong team..... And he is too young compared to the others....

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By TheSpoiler

I don't hate him. I just find him boring.

I also think he's undeserving of how much he's being given (a spot on the JL and a solo movie)

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#19  Edited By RavenVice01

@outside_85: I totally agree with u. Cyborg should be the tech support for Teen Titans not Justice League. Batman has all the wonderful toys that the justice league needs.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg can be underrated at times but I never recall hate for the character I think he just may not be as interesting as some other characters and it`s because of that his capabilities as a character is overlooked.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't hate him. He just belongs in the Titans corner of the universe.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

80% are MMH fans who are bitter than he's in the JL instead of J'onn

the other 20% don't hate him, they just hate that he's not on the Titans team anymore.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just find him boring in comics, however in tv shows and movies he's a cool character.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

... I don't hate him at all. I like Cyborg. I just don't like the idea of him being a founder of the Justice League; I prefer the idea of Cyborg growing up in the Titans and "graduating" to the League. I think that's a much cooler concept - I like character development.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh character.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dislike how DC replaced J'onn as a founding member of the JLA with Cyborg. It also doesn't make sense given the character's (Cyborg) history. Like JediXMan said, it would've been better if he was a Titans member that graduated to the JLA.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By dernman

@jedixman said:

... I don't hate him at all. I like Cyborg. I just don't like the idea of him being a founder of the Justice League; I prefer the idea of Cyborg growing up in the Titans and "graduating" to the League. I think that's a much cooler concept - I like character development.

Personally I saw him growing and staying with the Titans to mentor future generations. To make sure they grew up with the guidance his generation didn't have. Kind of like a Prof X but without the school, mutant rights, and wheel chair. None of the other Titans fit that role in my opinion. Maybe Tim Drake but he's the generation after Cyborg. Though Dick is usually considered the leader I just don't see him staying or joining the League.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JediXMan  Moderator
@dernman said:
@jedixman said:

Personally I saw him growing and staying with the Titans to mentor future generations. To make sure they grew up with the guidance his generation didn't have. Kind of like a Prof X but without the school, mutant rights, and wheel chair.

I really like seeing the older members as mentors. One of the things I loved about Geoff Johns' run was seeing Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Raven in mentoring roles. I wouldn't mind seeing them as mentors while in the JLA, but either way, I want their connection to the Teen Titans to remain.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

MMH>>>>>>>>>CYBORG

They traded in a great character with a decent one, all in the name of diversity.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: DC could've avoided that simply by making John a founding member instead of Hal. A lot of people grew up watching the JL show, so it just makes perfect sense if you want to reach that generation of JL fans.

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sooperfly

@outside_85 said:
@scouterv said:

You mean aside from it usually being Batman thats the reason the League is based on a space station and him thats the access to the cutting edge of Earth-made technology.

and it was also Batman that hacked into Kryptonian tech (Kryptonian tech is waaayy ahead of Earth tech in DCU) and he also uploaded a virus into cyborg.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I would not hate him if he was used properly. However, Johns isn't able to use him at all apart from just appearing in the issues of JL and doing nothing. If he was part of the Teen Titans as in the pre 52 universe then I would not have a single problem with him being involved anywhere.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesnt seem to really fit on the Justice League and certainly isnt a good replacement for Martian Manhunter. Other than that I dont hate him. I just think he's getting way too much of a push. Do we really need a Cyborg movie?

I mean, I think it's showing that they have faith in the character. I mean, Martian Manhunter is mostly known by comic fans, with the general populace only knowing (at best) a nerfed version from the DCAU. I'd even argue that Cyborg is probably more well-known just as a name at least, because he's on a show that still runs. Neither are really proper representations, but I think it's worth considering.

I mean...do you think we'd really need a Martian Manhunter movie any more than a Cyborg movie if John was on the League still?

I don't hate him. I only thing that they put him in the wrong team..... And he is too young compared to the others....

I think that's supposed to be part of his appeal is the fact he's one of the youngest, along with Shazam, but also finding his footing with the team, I think in a pretty interesting way. I mean, he showed a lot during Forever Evil when he managed to come back from his repairs better than before, lead The Metal Men and take down Grid.

@the_stegman said:

80% are MMH fans who are bitter than he's in the JL instead of J'onn

the other 20% don't hate him, they just hate that he's not on the Titans team anymore.

This and personally I like his inclusion it makes perfect sense that in technology based world that one of the big dogs would be walking tech.

Agreed. I'll even admit, I wasn't sure how I felt at first, but I feel like a lot of people wrote him off just based on his history and MM's exclusion.

@jedixman said:

Has that ever happened to anyone though? I don't recall anyone except maybe Grayson moving from The Titans to The League, and I think that was just because the rest of The League was gone?

In a perfect world, I think running things the way they did on Young Justice, where after so long and after proving yourself, The League would extend invitations to the younger members to join, but I don't think that's ever been the case proper.

@ht003 said:
@outside_85 said:
@scouterv said:

and it was also Batman that hacked into Kryptonian tech (Kryptonian tech is waaayy ahead of Earth tech in DCU) and he also uploaded a virus into cyborg.

Bruce has cutting edge tech, yes. But his tech compared to Cyborg's tech? I don't even think that's fair. His Father Box (or maybe it was a Mother Box, I forget which) is arguably more advanced than anything Batman has access to on his own.

And the space station is indeed a great accomplishment, but Cyborg often served a large part in building Titans Tower. I think if he was needed, he could help build a space station. Especially with Luthor and/or Wayne backing him.

And yes, I realize Batman is often written to do things he probably shouldn't such as hacking into technology that he shouldn't be able to begin to comprehend, as I said, because he's Batman he gets a pass. Tell me something he can't do.

My point is, who should be better at fixing a computer? A man or a cyborg?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Bruce has cutting edge tech, yes. But his tech compared to Cyborg's tech? I don't even think that's fair. His Father Box (or maybe it was a Mother Box, I forget which) is arguably more advanced than anything Batman has access to on his own.

And the space station is indeed a great accomplishment, but Cyborg often served a large part in building Titans Tower. I think if he was needed, he could help build a space station. Especially with Luthor and/or Wayne backing him.

And yes, I realize Batman is often written to do things he probably shouldn't such as hacking into technology that he shouldn't be able to begin to comprehend, as I said, because he's Batman he gets a pass. Tell me something he can't do.

My point is, who should be better at fixing a computer? A man or a cyborg?

Problem is that Cyborg doesn't actually seem to know how the box works other than using it's teleportation function.

As someone who works with construction projects... let me just say that Titans Tower is nothing compared to a spacestation in terms of difficulty. Not to mention the first Tower was actually made by Silas Stone.

Response to the third:

Loading Video...

Depends if Cyborg has lost any dexterity in his fingers and if he can manage the boost in strength. What he is better at is the software,

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

People always complaining about Martian not being on the JLA and yet half of them don't even read his comic.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:People loved him in some of the animated films and in the JL and JLU.

@scouterv: Captain Marvel IS a boy, but from the two (in hero mode) Cyborg is the kid (the others doesn't know his secret). And yes, he is a good hero, but i think that to others it bothers them that he (who is more associated with young heroes) is not with a young team.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91: People need to accept that things change. Cyborg is Justice League now. Martian Manhunter was for a time too.

Cyborg is young, but so what? He's what? Mid 20s? You can't be a Titan forever, like I think some people want. You gotta move on some time or another.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: 1° Yeah, I know about MMH, but remember that sometimes if one character is moved out of a team for other, he/she/they sometimes end forgotten.

2° He is young in the memories of his fans and the fans of the JL, he will always be remembered as the "robot" of the TT. Also, move one? in that reality, he was never member of the TT.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL is a team of DCs' most recognizable faces,Cyborg aint that so fans hate on him because he doesn't fit the criteria needed to become part of the team.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Because he's not MMH. Cyborg IMO is more useful then MMH who is forced to job a lot because of his op power set. I prefer him to be the "Superman" of any other team.

Cyborg is cool. I like him and his abilities and origin. But he kind of takes away from Batman too the point where batman is only there pay the bills. I find cyborg aloy more useful to the team then most memebers however without being broken and forced to job.

Team teleporter.

Makes actual sense when he can hack anything including alien tech. Unlike Batman

Youngest member and often does a good job at being the heart of the team.

Hell the relationship between him and shazm which Dc has been pushing is really good.

Seriously what did jonnz bring to the table that wasn't ignored for plot reasons?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: All this stuff only matters if the writer wants it to. Hitch just gave Vic a better feat in the previous issue of JLA than anything Johns has in the past 4.5 years and he has made Batman look badass as well in his JLA run. A s I said before it's simply the Johns effect and the weight of the JL iconography.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@entropy_aegis: Well most writers must.

I love john but he's a character just as powerful as superman with even note has powers that shoud beat most enemies. He works better on a team where he is no doubt the most powerful member.

If JL of America was better that was a good team for him but I will admit as much as I hate it. Victors inclusion to the JL is most likely to make him the token black character and IMO if they really wante . Black character that didn't already have a good spot and needed exposure I'd say Jason rusch firestorm

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because to me he's a low tier in a high tier setting.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too weak and too boring.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The word "boring" is thrown around often.