Why shouldn't we debate in our threads

Nightmare20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Why shouldn't we debate in our threads (28 votes)

We Shouldn't. Since making a Thread means we are unsure of the battle outcome 29%
We Should. Since most make to compare how their character can do against another, which of course would bring a debate between Op and a commenter 71%
 • 
DerTilt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went over this with a mod and UchihaGhost

As long as you dont spam "XYZ stomps" its more then fine.And even if you just do that,we agreed that this entire "rule" is dogshit and makes no sense

The "no winner in mind" is pure coping.You always has a winner in mind.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Hajduk  Online

Yeah I want to debate in my own threads.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's why I've created them.

If there's a subject I would like to discuss with people, I create a forum thread.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i mean, i make every single thread with a winner in mind just like everyone else, our goals in making the threads is to hopefully create a close fight that we know can be argued one way or another despite our individual preference. the “don’t debate in your own thread rule” has always been pointless and in some ways just limits discussion. i usually ignore it regardless (especially when i first joined the site).

Nightmare20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nightmare20

@emmafrostxmen: @mortein: @dertilt:

I completely agree. I am a little new to comic Vine, but I was a previous member of Space battles and current member of Vs battles and in there we are allowed to argue in our threads.

Like now from what I see in comic Vine The boys verse, Avatar Verse they are highly lowballed here. So I started making threads and when I see the lowballs I debate them and guess what am told that I can't debate in my thread.

Meaning you can make awesome threads. And when there is an amazing debate going on, you can't even join which is not ok.

Battles are meant to be debated by anyone who feels like to including Op

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightmare20: yea definitely agree, the rule makes me feel silenced. even if i have something to add, i’m just not allowed to. i usually just do it anyways, but i do it very sparingly now.

DerTilt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TLDR: Just debate in your own thread as nobody will punish you for that.

Nightmare20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

Same. I think everyone should be allowed to debate.

I mean there are various threads I have made that I have a particular feat, or info that can make it a little balanced but I can't give it.

Meaning the only way you debate on your thread is by making a CAV. Which not everyone likes to do or wants to do.

It also seems I wasn't a mod or admin that made the rule. Because I don't see it group rules or anything.

Nightmare20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dertilt:

Yes I know there isn't any punishment. But when multiple people attack you that you shouldn't debate in your thread, you will know there is a problem

Avatar image for darkphantom9895
darkphantom9895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just get rid of the rule who made that rule in the first place

Nightmare20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nightmare20

@darkphantom9895:

That's what I wonder because it's not a comic Vine rule. It seems some debators made it

DerTilt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dertilt:

Yes I know there isn't any punishment. But when multiple people attack you that you shouldn't debate in your thread, you will know there is a problem

Their is no problem lol

WHy even caring about what some mofos telling you?A mod disagree with that rule.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@darkphantom9895:

That's what I wonder because it's not a comic Vine rule. It seems some debators made it

It's been a rule for years, not something people just made up.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless things have changed since I’ve been mod you can debate in your own thread. As long as you think the fight is interesting and you are impartial.

If you make a thread that’s spite, bait, or just trying to antagonize people then it’s a problem.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I’ve always thought this rule was dumb af

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ProfessorRespect

There's a difference between providing objective infomation (like correcting a feat without context/adding in additional factors that people hadn't noticed) and tangibly arguing in a thread made for other people to discuss the result. You don't have OP's debate in their own thread as a rule because it generally meant that it was made out of bias/spite and taints the entire thing as a result.

If you want to debate a matchup then go find a thread that includes it lol. You will be punished for excessive debating over one character that goes over the above lines.

Agmine_entry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually don't see how it's possible to make matchups without a winner in mind unless you don't know the characters

SeventhMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SeventhMoon

There's a difference from making a match with a winner in mind, and making a match that you think is a one-sided stomp with no room for discussion.

Whoever made this dumb rule failed to grasp this.

Avatar image for masterbuster666
MasterBuster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a difference from making a match with a winner in mind, and making a match that you think is a one-sided stomp with no room for discussion.

mutantheroic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seventhmoon said:

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aystarr

Did anyone actually take the rule seriously?, it never made any sense lol.

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think you're allowed to post details about both characters.

You just can't create a thread with an agenda in mind with one character winning.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should be allowed to. Like other people mentioned, nobody makes a battle thread without a winner in mind, or at least without having a bias towards one of the characters to some degree. The only exception to this, is if you aren’t familiar with any of the characters.

The argument that you cannot because it shows the thread was made out of bias is fundamentally flawed, as it assumes that bias inherently invalidates the thread’s purpose. When in reality, bias can simply be a reflection of personal preference, which is naturally in discussions. It doesn’t mean thread is corrupted in terms of fairness or anything of that nature.