Why Quicksilver wasn't needed in DOFP

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. At that time their plan was just to talk to Mystique. Everyone from the past that went with them Mystique knew personally, and they thought she would've listened to them which she probably would have but then the plan went wrong.

2. Its obvious Quicksilver just wanted to have fun when he broke into the Pentagon. He probably wouldn't even want to go with them anyway.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm, is this a question or just a statement of what you think?

Anyway, I read somewhere that originally Juggernaut was going to be used to bust Magneto out of prison. Then when sony(or fox?) heard Quicksilver was going to be in Avengers 2 they rushed out a rewrite to have Quicksilver in their movie. Because both Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are in the film rights for both companies.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original plan was that Wolverine would need to get both Prof X and Magneto together in order to change the timeline. So Wolverine got both since he felt the fate of his earth rested on having them to stop Mystique. Is it possible they could have done it without Magneto? Perhaps but it was always the plan that first he would find Charles and then get Erik.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm, is this a question or just a statement of what you think?

Anyway, I read somewhere that originally Juggernaut was going to be used to bust Magneto out of prison. Then when sony(or fox?) heard Quicksilver was going to be in Avengers 2 they rushed out a rewrite to have Quicksilver in their movie. Because both Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are in the film rights for both companies.

X-Men is Fox. Sony only has Spiderman at this point.

And with my opinion, he was awesome, so I don't mind.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wasn't needed period.

As much as I currently prefer DOFP’s QS over AOU’s, it’s obvious—especially on repeat viewings, how he was shoehorned into the movie because of Avengers. They dedicated their budget and wow factor to a 5 minute sequence with this new, out of nowhere character instead of the ones we already know and care about. It’s frustrating when Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg say he was “always in the script” when they also keep saying Juggernaut was in the script first. Set visits, Collider and Josh Helman confirmed Juggernaut was in the first script and Helman himself was cast as the character. Then he was suddenly recast (as Stryker) during filming. It’s ridiculous.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the OP,

I think QS would have gone with Charles and Wolverine to Paris. You said it yourself, he wanted to have fun. The type of mission they were on was exciting enough (to him). They just didn't ask and want to bring him into their mess. And on top of that it seems like his mom doesn't give a s*** about what he does (breaking the law, going out with his powers) so all he'd need to do is tell her he'd be gone for a few days and boom, he's going to Paris.

Lol and that wouldn't matter either. He could make it home anytime he wanted.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was a support comedy relief character. In terms of film structure, his appearance made perfect sense.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Another horrible hate reason for Quicksilver in DOFP. Funny and Irony when Marvel comics decide to put goggles in Quicksilver after X-men DOFP movie is a hits. Well I'm not Quicksilver fans in comics but the real fans must be happy because due to Avengers Age Of Ultron and X-men DOFP we will get to see many version of Quicksilver and he will pretty much become A list superhero

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was a support comedy relief character. In terms of film structure, his appearance made perfect sense.