Why people so hate the idea of MCU Carol Danvers able to beat Thanos?

• 55 results
GrahamHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When every time I see a debate about CM VS Thanos, there’s always lot of people denial the CM overpowered Thanos scenes and had to make a fan canon theory such as she’s absorbing stones power or Thanos was fighting for a long time so he’s tired or he’s been injured by SW before.

Avatar image for gohindasuperman
GohindaSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grahamhammer:

People just dislike Brie Larson because of her leftist behaviour and fear of SJWs.

People really can't differ reality from fiction.

Truth speaking:

Captain Marvel speaking of feats visually and by statement + scalings >>>>>> Wanda, because:

- Carol at least is not fragile human lvl pile of weak flesh and bones unlike Wanda

- Sci-fi beings >>>>>>>>>>> Mystic beings because sci-fi is at least consistently respeting actual logic unlike mysticism which is as powerful as script will order to be.

- Absorbtion statement only comes from marvel dictionary encyclopedia, which even writers completely reject it. Like BS facts written on marvel.com where they say Scepter is Space Stone ( wooow really ? Is that Quantum Mechanics effect aka analouge of Speed Force meme ).

- Thanos was basically shit in MCU. He is just a simple lame brute with human lvl speed and zero versatile powers ( Hell even MCU Luke Cage has better feats outside scalings ).

GAS777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muh feminism

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because pre-MCU if you told a fan that Carol Danvers was gonna not only closely throw down with but overpower fkin Thanos, you’d have been called a troll. And rightfully so.

Also Wanda >>>>>>>.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LuminousHydra

Because it's not consistent with comics scaling of power.

With the current Avengers line up, Wanda should be the only person to be able to solo Thanos w/o IG.

Abraham_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Abraham_2004

Because people find it annoying how she is the most powerful hero in the MCU pre-WandaVision with only two film appearances, while other heroes like Hulk and Thor have been around for over a decade, and Hulk and Thor are also more powerful than Captain Marvel in the comics, I also dislike the idea of one hero being more powerful than the villain when you have a team of heroes, especially if this villain is Thanos who has been teased since 2012 as the big bad of the entire MCU.

GrahamHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GrahamHammer

@abraham_2004: Because people find it annoying how she is the most powerful hero in the MCU pre-WandaVision

I mean, they’ve explained the reason very well in her solo movie, right?

She’s basically a living infinity stone just like Wanda, so it makes perfect sense that she’s just that powerful.

And movie adaptations don’t always have to be as the same as their original material.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because people don't like the actress and they worship MCU Thor. They can't handle a character they dislike being propped over characters they like, ie Thor and Thanos.

AchillesSpawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause it makes absolutely no sense.

GrahamHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achillesspawn:

Why?

How is a living infinity stone being able to defeat Thanos makes no sense?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 death4bunnies  Online

Hate and refusal to accept what happened before their very eyes.

Its not how YOU would of written it is a fine thing to say, to say that YOU wouldnt of made her such a powerhouse in the MCU is fine...I’m good with that...I wouldn’t have written her so far above Hulk either.

But what happened >> what you wish would of happened in terms of the actual powerlevels of these characters.

AchillesSpawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grahamhammer: She's not a living infinity stone, in fact she doesn't even have any of the powers from the space stone.

Thanos is supposed to be an ultimate threat, someone that takes an entire team to beat, not one person.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given thanos' reputation, it's just kinda dumb to have a person who could beat him single handedly. If carol just stuck around, she could've beat thanos as soon as showed up in end game and that would've been the end of it. But in order to have thanos be an actual threat, carol had to disappear for most of the movie

GrahamHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achillesspawn:

Have you ever seen her solo movie? or at least searching some of her background?

AchillesSpawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most people don’t care. it’s only some whiny people on forums that care. most of the time the whiny ones are the ones that post the most on forums.

GrahamHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achillesspawn:

Her power was come from the tesseract( aka space stone) just like Wandas power was from the mind stone.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By death4bunnies  Online

@achillesspawn said:

@grahamhammer: Yeah i've seen her solo movie. what's your point.

Lol the man is not ...incorrect.^

she got her powers from a ship, that was made with the tessoract...so technically she in fact did not receive her powers directly from a infinity stone.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that level of power kinda makes the whole team irrelevant.

GrahamHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

It’s just not through straight way, but she still indeed receive the power of an infinity stone. well maybe no full power but still.

AchillesSpawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grahamhammer: Her power come from an engine made from the tesseract, not the tesseract itself. You clearly haven't watched WandaVision, her powers come from magic, not the stone. The closest thing in the MCU that we have to a living Infinity stone is Vision.

Carol absorbing energy from the gauntlet also explains a major inconsistency. Thanos's shriveled arm was able to overpower Carol. Yet in the battle Carol was unfazed by a headbutt

GrahamHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achillesspawn:

I haven’t watch the show yet but wasn’t her power activated by mind stone in the AOU?

And about the headbutt thing, you realize that Carol was much more powerful in her binary form compare to her normal stat right?

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can't get over the fact she is stronger than Thor.

AchillesSpawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grahamhammer:

They never say that from what I remember.

Carol was in binary form when she attacked Thanos.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By death4bunnies  Online

@grahamhammer said:

@achillesspawn:

I haven’t watch the show yet but wasn’t her power activated by mind stone in the AOU?

And about the headbutt thing, you realize that Carol was much more powerful in her binary form compare to her normal stat right?

Yes it’s 100% activated/enhanced by the mind stone.. but she had latent witchy powers before the stone. The very AOU scene you speak of ...is shown in full in WV.

it’s a great expansion of the canon world building, if you want I can just link the WV expanded scene.

Loading Video...

This clip is spoiler free.^^ just relates to AOU
—-

The full scene has a bunch of WV spoilers so I won’t link it here.. but basically she had latent witchy powers (that she used once while young) and the mindstone enhanced or brought out those powers.. I think Agatha even explains it with words like... a young witch touched by a infinity stone...or something close.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achillesspawn:

Why?

This makes no sense. Based on this logic, Vision should be the strongest hero and be able to beat Thanos easily by virtue of powered by an Infinity stone.

He should be superior because he is directly harnessing the power of an Infinity stone vs Carol where she was given powers by the stone, but is not directly connecting to her now.

But obviously people in the battle forums don't rate Vision to be above Thanos.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to wager a guess, it's because 616 Carol could never lol. 616 Carol got completely punked by a calm Hulk. If the scaling was kept the same, she wouldn't be above Hulk or Thor, even in Binary. Thanos would be even worse.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 death4bunnies  Online

@grahamhammer said:

@achillesspawn:

Why?

This makes no sense. Based on this logic, Vision should be the strongest hero and be able to beat Thanos easily by virtue of powered by an Infinity stone.

He should be superior because he is directly harnessing the power of an Infinity stone vs Carol where she was given powers by the stone, but is not directly connecting to her now.

I think Vision >> Thanos and so do the Russos.. they said they had to find a way to take him out if the fight (with a sneak attack that took away his powers and he could barely wall) the Russos say this in the IW commentary on D+....they also mention how they look physically nurfed Vision and mentally nurfed Wanda so the story doesn’t end on page 1.

MCU Thanos is a above average team busting brute, but that has never been his draw as much as his mind and his desperate search for power items.

Not to say that I wish it to be this way, but within the MCU a few heroes being a match for base Thanos is still fine as they aren’t above IG Thanos and that’s the real threat.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra said:
@grahamhammer said:

@achillesspawn:

Why?

I think Vision >> Thanos and so do the Russos.. they said they had to find a way to take him out if the fight (with a sneak attack that took away his powers and he could barely wall) the Russos say this in the IW commentary on D+....they also mention how they look physically nurfed Vision and mentally nurfed Wanda so the story doesn’t end on page 1.

MCU Thanos is a above average team busting brute, but that has never been his draw as much as his mind and his desperate search for power items.

Not to say that I wish it to be this way, but within the MCU a few heroes being a match for base Thanos is still fine as they aren’t above IG Thanos and that’s the real threat.

Anyone who is >>> Thanos should be able to kill Corvus pretty easily, doesn't matter if they're injured. Yet Vision had trouble with him in H2H.

Would you put Vision above Carol? If you don't, then the whole Infinity stone explanation makes no sense since Vision has more connection to the Infinity stone than Carol, and should be stronger (if we accept that explanation).

Pandaemperoriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People despise when women look powerful compared to men

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By death4bunnies  Online

@luminoushydra said:
@death4bunnies said:
@luminoushydra said:
@grahamhammer said:

@achillesspawn:

Why?

Anyone who is >>> Thanos should be able to kill Corvus pretty easily, doesn't matter if they're injured. Yet Vision had trouble with him in H2H.

Would you put Vision above Carol? If you don't, then the whole Infinity stone explanation makes no sense since Vision has more connection to the Infinity stone than Carol, and should be stronger (if we accept that explanation).

He couldn’t even stand, and it took away the ability that allows him to beat Thanos... legit SW is trying to carry him around while he glitches.. watch the IW commentary, the Russos say this is a problem they run into when they have a character that’s too powerful.. they had to write him to be sneak attacked to take away his main ability.. argue with the Russos I guess because they have a lot of characters they have written that can beat their version of Base Thanos.
——

Yes I put Vision above Carol...but your doing a lot of abc scaling here.(I’m actually open to a Vision vs CM or Thanos CAV if anyone is interested.. I’ll probably be using some of the same arguments I made in my Vision vs Zod thread, but I have some new stuff I’d like to use)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/winner-d4b-cav-mcu-vision-and-white-vision-death4b-2136097/

——

My point is that Thanos isn’t as much of a threat until he gets poweritems then he becomes a huge threat.. that’s just how MCU Thanos is written.. base Thanos is around the level of the most powerful avengers..stoned Thanos is above the most powerful; that’s the threat he poses in the movies.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LuminousHydra

@death4bunnies said:

He couldn’t even stand, and it took away the ability that allows him to beat Thanos... legit SW is trying to carry him around while he glitches.. watch the IW commentary, they legit say this is a problem they run into when they have a character that’s too powerful.. they had to write him to be sneak attacked to take away his main ability.. argue with the Russos I guess because they have a lot of characters they have written that can beat their version of Thanos.

Yes I put Vision above Carol...but your doing a lot of abc scaling here.(I’m actually open to a Vision vs CM CAV if anyone is interested.. I’ll probably be using some of the same arguments I made in my Vision vs Zod thread, but I have some new stuff I’d like to use)

My point is that Thanos isn’t as much of a threat until he gets poweritems then he becomes a huge threat.. that’s just how MCU Thanos is written.. base Thanos is around the level of the most powerful avengers..stoned Thanos is above the most powerful; that’s the threat he poses in the movies.

Yes I am aware of all of that. The point still stands, that a high tier character will absolutely crush any street level character (and I do count Corvus as a street level character with good gear). For instance, weakened Thanos from the start of Endgame should still be able to kill Loki/Cap/BP/Corvus if they stand within striking or squeezing range and if it's a pure h2h fight. The point here is that a Thanos level character would still decimate a Corvus level character h2h because of their huge gap in stats, regardless of how weakened that Thanos level character is (unless they're literally unconscious).

I'm talking about pure strength though. Carol physically overpowered Thanos in Endgame. If the Infinity stone theory is correct, then Vision should also be able to do the same given:

1) he is directly harnessing the powers of an Infinity stone > carol being given powers by one

2) he is made using vibranium + organic materials + stone amp > carol being made of human flesh amped by the stone

But most people I know won't think that he can, but using that infinity stone explanation, he should. It's not like Carol is given powers from the power stone to amp her physical strength beyond that of other amps from other stones.

you keep bringing up about how the thanos made by the Russo's should have trouble with high tier heroes. That's all well and good, but that's not relevant to this conversation in the slightest. The point being made above is the inconsistent application of infinity stone powers explanation to Carol and Vision. If you dont think that Carol can beat Vision, then clearly my issue is not with you.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By death4bunnies  Online

@luminoushydra:

Oh my bad completely; just reread through the conversation I rudely injected myself into(I think it was the “no one thinks Vision can beat Thanos” thing that got me) apologies tho.. I agree with your overall point, being powered by a infinity stone is neat and it’s resulted in some pretty powerful heroes, but you can’t say they are more powerful just because infinity stone.

-Apologizes and backs away slowly

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra:

Oh my bad completely; just reread through the conversation I rudely injected myself into(I think it was the “no one thinks Vision can beat Thanos” thing that got me) apologies tho.. I agree with your overall point, being powered by a infinity stone is neat and it’s resulted in some pretty powerful heroes, but you can’t say they are more powerful just because infinity stone.

-Apologizes and backs away slowly

Nah you're good. I think Vision can beat Thanos too if he uses his powers like in Wandavision.

wavyhero3467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By wavyhero3467

@mcflicky said:

Given thanos' reputation, it's just kinda dumb to have a person who could beat him single handedly. If carol just stuck around, she could've beat thanos as soon as showed up in end game and that would've been the end of it. But in order to have thanos be an actual threat, carol had to disappear for most of the movie

Best answer honestly

thanos was supposed to be this huge endgame threat that beat the avengers in thousands of timelines while the avengers only won in one timeline. it just seems disrespectful that thanos a character who was build up to be a huge threat can lose to a character that just comes out of no where and is now powerful enough to 1v1 him and win.

it’s like if Rey appeared in the classic Star Wars films out of no where and 1v1 darth vader while luke lost and could not do much to beat vader.

overall I dont really care because carol involvement didn’t really change much of the film

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TakenStew22

Because it ain't consistent with the comics and some (including myself) never really cared for Carol either.

I don't hate the idea, but judging from their encounters in EG I don't think she's above Thanos at all tbh.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By modernww2fare

Because no one likes Mary Sue's

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because she sucks that's why

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cosmic_reign

Because she didn't overpower Thanos with her own power. IMO

Part of Carol's power set is absorption, and to me it seems that when she locked hands with Thanos and couldn't move him, Carol began to absorb power. Consequently, Thanos separated the Power Stone and clocked her with it.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because pre-MCU if you told a fan that Carol Danvers was gonna not only closely throw down with but overpower fkin Thanos, you’d have been called a troll. And rightfully so.

Also Wanda >>>>>>>.

Lol

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because its Brie Larson.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Because people don't like the actress and they worship MCU Thor. They can't handle a character they dislike being propped over characters they like, ie Thor and Thanos.

Why are you bringing up Thor who’s literally about to get a huge power up in his next film. He’s most likely gonna be the strongest Avenger during Thor 4. She’s not propped over him lol.

Anyways I just think they don’t like her character.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People despise when women look powerful compared to men

Urgh….here comes the gender stuff again…

ITACHI_IS_GAWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because their should never be a scenario were Carol is more powerful than Thanos either comic or movies

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all a bunch of misogynists for hating such an idea.

Captain Feminist should steamroll Jobbernos easily.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carot >> scarlet bitch >> Thomas

GAS777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the comics he is way stronger than Captain Marvel but nooo, Marvel had to be a bunch of SJW and make her more powerful

It's annoying

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DSTREET45

I don't understand the implications in this thread that it's based purely on some form of misogyny when (at least based on my experience), nobody really had a problem with Wanda nearly killing Thanos, forcing him to order his ships to fire bomb the area just to escape her clutches.

To me, it's really that CM isn't tenured yet so it's hard to buy her easily overpowering the biggest big bad, no questions asked. Especially since earlier in the same movie she couldn't overpower a weakened Thanos despite using her leg against his injured arm.