• 85 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#51 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: I would think the sales from the Shazam hardcover and the acclaim the story has achieved would be enough to prove that a Shazam book would solicit a good deal of support. I am also very very curious about that. I love the insinuation that he could cast spells. A superman level physical combatant with magical powers like a Fate-lite. I'm extremely interested in new 52 Shazam myself.

All his next appearances are in May, which irritates me but regardless - he's got the full power of the Wizard, Shazam (the Wizard) is supposed to be one of the most powerful beings in DCU.

I wonder how they play the magic side.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@frozen: I figure they go for the Superman Prime One Million route with it. He'll have magical showings putting him on par with Superman and Orion and Thor and Diana etc. and eventually, one million years in DC's future, He'll be like Odin. Meaning he'll still be extremely phyisicaly powerful but will bo so powerful with magic he won't ever need to use physicality. What do you think?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By ZhuRong

Look how weak they made Black Adam...

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: he probably will though, it's more "relatable"

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By Erik

Still didn't bother to read anything but the title but it's not out of character if that is the sum total of how the character has behaved in the New 52. New Universe, new rules.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@zhurong said:

Look how weak they made Black Adam...

Black Adam's not weak. He drew blood from Ultraman in their second fight.

They've nerfed Supergirl.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

Still didn't bother to read anything but the title but it's not out of character if that is the sum total of how the character has behaved in the New 52. New Universe, new rules.

Yep. New-52 Shazam is awesome too - I just wish he had more fights. He had a brief fight with Superman and then one with Wonder Woman in another comic.

@frozen: I figure they go for the Superman Prime One Million route with it. He'll have magical showings putting him on par with Superman and Orion and Thor and Diana etc. and eventually, one million years in DC's future, He'll be like Odin. Meaning he'll still be extremely phyisicaly powerful but will bo so powerful with magic he won't ever need to use physicality. What do you think?

They did a Shazam One Million pre-Flashpoint. However they are playing that he's inexperienced.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

tldr but New 52 sucks.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Batman drew blood from Superman, so what is your point?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@zhurong said:

@frozen: Batman drew blood from Superman, so what is your point?

You know that's PIS. In their first fight, you have not considered:

• Ultraman is completely immune to magic. Other kryptonians are not. That magic output would have fried other kryptonians
  • Ultraman was high on kryptonite

Though Ultraman was fighting evenly with Adam in their second fight, the Earth-3 Shazam has probably killed Ultraman.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: didnt him and Shazam fight Ultraman together and they got their ass kicked?

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong:

He'l punched Superman into orbit and it didn't draw blood, Starfire's blasts did nothing to Superman, IIRC Shazam's punch didn't harm him, and neither did Aquaman's. So that instance of Batman drawing blood is inconsistent and silly.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@zhurong said:

@frozen: didnt him and Shazam fight Ultraman together and they got their ass kicked?

No. That never happened as far as I am aware.

Ultraman got blasted by The Earth 3 Shazam. His name is Mazahs and he broke apart Black Adam and Ultraman and then blasted Ultraman and killed Johnny Quick.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ZhuRong

@pperspectiveandreality: Since you want to get technical. How about I bring up the fact that Wonder Woman was able to hurt Phantom Stranger.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong:

I haven't read that and have no clue what it is you're referring to. What does that have to do with Batman drawing blood from Superman?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ZhuRong
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong:

How about posting the scan of what you're talking about? That instance of batman harming Superman is the very definition of PIS. I don't see any way it could be perceived as a valid showing.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By Bronze_Surfer
No Caption Provided

@zhurong: You refering to this? Nothing shows he was harmed just that he was confined by the rope

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@zhurong: what shows he is hurt? He is being confined by a lasso from gods. Remember gods are what gave him his power so no iti s not PIS

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Supergirl who has a weakness to magic broke out of it with ease. It's PIS so please stop.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong:

Logic would dictate that Supergirl escaping was PIS. Are you arguing that batman drawing C,ark's blood is valid?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@zhurong: She shot wonder woman with her solar thingy attack. Phatnom Stranger just let it happen. Not PIS. He was trying to calm wonder woman down not start a fight. and as I said the new phantom stranger was made by the mythical gods. the mythical gods also made her lasso.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: The only instance i can remember of clark drawing blood from supes was when he was on a heavily modified/amplified version of venom

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

I completely agree.

Billy219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree also. New 52 sucks especially the "new" Shazam. Give me the original Captain Marvel any day. This new 52 Shazam is so retarded!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@captainmarvel4ever said:
@the_stegman said:

I think what DC was doing was trying to make Billy more of a believable kid. Yes, I know his whole character is meant to be a good, wholesome kid, but you have to look at his predicament, he has been bounced from foster home to foster home, he has trust issues, and because of that, he feels like he has to rebel against people, a sort of "hurt them, before they hurt me" mentality, from what I understand, many foster kids have this ideology. However, I think, he's still a good kid at heart and risks his life ot help others, which is why Shazam gave him the power. He's not the perfect "Oh shucks pop, I'll drink milk and be in bed before 8pm!" Billy we know and love, but this one is good to...for different reasons.

I'm still waiting on a solo title for him though, so we can get more of his backstory and adventures.

That's not the problem. What made Billy interesting was that in spite of everything that happened to him he was still good, which is a hard thing to be after all that. Billy is a good kid who faces the challenge of living in a world that's been terrible to him, and that's what makes him unique. I think trying to make him a rough kid who learns to be good is very unoriginal, and a bit lazy. I would have much rather enjoyed a story about Billy being good, and facing the challenges that come from being such a pure good person. I think that would be more interesting and far more original.

@the_stegman said:

@daiohnysis: What's the point of a reboot if every character is the same as they were before?

The problem is that he dosen't resemble his old self at all. I may not like all the changes they have made, but I can see why they did some of them. I don't like his new costume, but I can accept it because I know it's a necessary progression. But changing the very core of the character is a problem.

I don't see how it can possibly be bad. Like I said, Billy is still good at heart, he cares for his new family in time, he becomes a hero, he does the right thing, he's misguided, sure, he's brash and abrassive to some, okay, but at the end of the day, he's still a good kid. they didn't turn him into some completely irredeemable A-hole. He lives in a rough world, and it's rubbed off on him, but seeing that it actually affects him and have him still be the hero he was destined to be is more interesting (to me at least) than having him be a good kid in a bad world, being good despite everything around him being too the contrary. That actually seems lazy and one dimensional to me. But hey, different strokes.

The problem is that Billy is now a weaker person than he was before. I'm not talking about physical strength, I'm referring to strength of character. The old Billy had a crappy life but he had the strength to be able to find a bright side to his terrible situation, new Billy is just another run of the mill "disgruntled youth" character that appears in every damn comic featuring teenagers.

Billy used to be a light in the dark, now he's just another one of the crowd.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and this is why manga > comics

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back the original Captain Marvel! Just write him properly and stop making him job to Superman all the time. Make him as strong as or more powerful than Superman. Shazam is the wizard. Captain Marvel is his name not Shazam!

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope DC will fix it.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Dextersinister1

She shot wonder woman with her solar thingy attack. Phatnom Stranger just let it happen. Not PIS. He was trying to calm wonder woman down not start a fight. and as I said the new phantom stranger was made by the mythical gods. the mythical gods also made her lasso.

Just incase anyone come's along this is not actually true. Phantom Stranger is the same as he has been before, he is Judas, cursed to walk the Earth until he has atoned for his betrayal by the Presence. He would be beyond WW's lasso.

All this was shown in his solo.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I disagree with the OP. Shazam! is different but it stays a nice comics to read.

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think with Rebirth he's going to get changed.